Dreams Do Come True

By AnkeMaes3

A 14-year old girl has big dreams. She wants to go to America, but not everyone is very supportive. She has s... More

Another day at school
Vacationtime
An unexpected phonecall
Letting go
A strange place
Awkward moment
Breaking in
The suitcase
The call
My quiet spot
What's the matter with this guy?
The explanation
A new store in town
It's her
Back to school
The dilemma
The Date
The drop
Busted
Socially Awkward
One big lie
The end of all love?
Scratching and more scratching

Do I go inside?

17 0 0
By AnkeMaes3

Sunday 8.00 P.M.

The streets around me begin looking familiar. 

'Take a right here', I tell John,' we're almost there.'

He takes a right and I can see my house. 

'Here it is', I say when we're right in front of my home.

'I'll miss ya, kid. Take care!'

'Thank you for everything, John.'

I give him a hug and walk to the front door. I can hear John and Becky driving off. I put my hand on the doorknob. I don't want to go inside. I don't want to see my parents. Suddenly the light in the living room turns on. I hear heavy footsteps coming towards the door. Towards me. It's my dad. I get scared and take my hand off the knob. I back away from the door. The light in the hallway turns on. The footsteps get closer. I turn around and run. I run away. Away from another slap in the face. Away from another fight. Away from another problem. Too late. 

'Where the hell were you!?', my dad screams.

I stop running and slowly turn around.

'Mason reply.

'Mason? You were with Mason for more than a day?', he asks angry.

I put my lips together and try not to make eyecontact. I nod my head.

'You spend more time at that dickface's place than at your own.'

Dickface. The word brings tears to my eyes. I can't control my anger and scream:' Maybe there's a reason for that!'

'And what would that be?', he yells back.

I hesitate, but can't control myself. At the top of my lungs I scream:' YOU! YOU'RE THE REASON, YOU IDIOT!'

I'm still standing at the end of the driveway, but I can see his face turning completely red. I can see the anger in his eyes. He balds his fists and takes a step forward. Slowly but surely he gets closer to me. I keep my back straight and look him directly in the eyes. Something I usually never do. He stops in front of me and gets his face close to mine. I don't move.

'You get your ass inside my house, or off my driveway for good. Your choice.'

Without giving my time to answer, he turns around and walks back inside. I stand and think. Do I keep on living this horrible life, or do I fight for my dreams? Do I play save or do I leave with nothing on me. No money, no phone, no nothing. Do or don't? Leave or stay? Listen or fight?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97K 1.9K 32
George does his normal school routine, He does everything the same but this time his bully (Dream) Picks on him asking if hes gay.. to make fun of hi...
237 2 24
Lucy, a normal girl with a normal life would sound good, right? All throughout her life she's wanted nothing but to be her true self; to be a boy. Th...
196K 5K 31
Completed! You are the smartest kid in school and Billie knows it. She is going to take advantage of you get ready. I wrote this story because all th...
172K 3K 34
Who knew, 𝑩𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒆𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒉, my childhood friend would go against me. After time things changed. Her behaviour changed. Her actions changed. ...