Carry On, Wayward Daughter

By ZySavage

Zy has been tracking monsters since she was ten years old, living in hotels and abandoned apartments. Stealin... More

Prologue
I
II
IIX
IX
X
XI
XII
*Filler*
VIII: Part 2
IX
X
XIV
XV
XVI

VIII: Part 1

406 9 0
By ZySavage

Zy POV

I woke up confused. Hold up. Where am I? Oooh, yeah, I'm at Bobby's house. I started laughing at how easily I forgot what happened yesterday. Memories of yesterday flooded my mind. My eyes started to bulge at how amazing it was; how it felt to heal myself. But what if it was a dream? Theres no way that was real. Its impossible. I started to look around for proof that it was real. I lean on my hand to pick up the clock on my dresser and flinch at a little inch of pain on the finger I 'pricked' yesterday. I slowly flip my hand over and see a little dent in my finger, a dot-like scar.
It was real. A huge grin crossed my face as I through on some slippers by my bed and rushed downstairs.
Drayton and Bobby are sitting at the dining table eating eggs and looking at newspapers. My smile falls to a frown when I dont see Cas with them.

"Good morning. Where's Cas?" I dont wait to ask.

"Mornin'. I donno. Wasn't here when I woke up. Im sure he'll pop up soon.

Cas where are you? I think to myself. I sit and Bobby makes me a plate of breakfast and I stuff my mouth so I can look for Cas.
You're up. Im coming.
I freeze mid bite. What the heck was that? And why did it sound like Cas? I must really be going crazy. I stopped eating and doze off into space, wondering if I should be in an asylum.
As if on cue, Cas appears and sits by me at the table, scaring the soul out of me.

"You dont know how to say, I don't know, maybe 'I'm here!' or 'Good Morning'?"
I ask him, tired of him scaring me every time he appears.
An inch of an apologetic expression appears and disappears off his face in less than a second.

"My apologies. Eat; we need to start lessons." he demanded.
As soon as I heard 'lessons' I shoved food so fast down my throat I started choking.
I took a quick shower and rushed outside to meet Cas.

"You have to harness it without forcing it. Imagine its a part of youre body; which it is, but thats not the point. Reach deep and demand to take control."

Ok Zy, dont embarass yourself.
I inhale lots of air and hold it in, trying to reach inside myself and tell my ability to show its self.
But instead, I look like im constipated; embarassing myself like I told myself I wouldn't.
I look at Cas and hes studying me, as if trying to find a diagnosis.

"Maybe it only appears when it feels needed." Cas tried to find an explanation.

"Most likely. But how am I supposed to control it if it has a mind of its own?" Since he apparently knows everything.

"I dont have any idea yet. But stick around until I think of something." Cas ordered me, walking toward the front door of the house.

"Ay, ay, captain." I saluted Cas to myself.

I turn and face the window to see Drayton watching, his eyes locked on mine. I gesture him outside and he disappears from the window.

"Whats up?" he asks, walking closer.

"Not much. But thats not what I wanted to talk to you about. I have an idea."

                            ~
"This is most definitely not a good idea." Drayton says to himself while he looks the other way so I can take my clothes off.

"I didnt say you had to come with me; I just wanted to let you in on how my brain thinks." I tap my forehead.

"Well your brain doesnt think things through. I dont want you hurting yourself." he responds, wrapping the rope around my waist.

"Aw, you care about me." I tease as his cheeks slightly tint pink.
"Cas said it himself; it only works when it feels needed. So lets hope it feels needed." I walk to the side of the rushing river to a more calm spot and lower myself in.

I gasp before dunking my body underwater. I sit under the surface, water and tiny rocks rushing by me, hitting my face.
After a while I just close my eyes and let my body float on the surface.
"Anything?" Drayton asked, watching me float. I opened one eye; he was grasping the rope so tight his knuckles were turning a lighter color.

"Nada." I start back stroking, every once in a while dipping under the water.
Dive.Dive.Dive.
I open my eyes the next time I dive under, coming face to face with a mini boulder right as it make contact with my face.

"Zy!" I hear Drayton in the back of my mind, sounding washed out. Im floating in the dark, seeing nothing, but hearing and feeling everything.
The aching pain in my nose; which is most likely bleeding.
My busted lip. My body being thrown against the bottom of the river bank.

"Let her go!" I hear Drayton yell and my body hits a sharp rock, ripping some skin on my lower back.
Someone is doing this to me? Why? The only person I know that would try to kill me is-

Crowley.

That old bastard is trying to kill me?!
How does he even know where I am?
I refuse to die. Not here. Not now; when im finally learning where im supposed to be.
Ive gotta fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Opal By Kiara Rossi

Mystery / Thriller

146 15 20
Opal a nineteen year old runs away trying to escape her parents haunted past. She soon meets people who promised to help her and she creates her own...
327K 10.3K 19
[ COMPLETED IN 2015 - UNDERGOING EDITING IN 2020 ] ❝Who the hell are you two? Coming in here guns blazing. This isn't Texas.❞ ❝I'm Dean Winchester. T...
335 47 21
Alina Jones has been moved again and again by her mother, after her father's disappearance when she was eight. Now, at the age of fourteen she is fed...
295K 8.1K 43
~COMPLETED~ As a hunter with a colourful past, (y/n) is trying desperately to track down and neutralise the monster that ruined her childhood whilst...