Shift

By sammykitkatcat

Shift is a supervillain. She considers herself evil, but her villainy is put to the test when a bird with a b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
PART TWO Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Two Preview

Chapter 2

6.2K 346 15
By sammykitkatcat

Phoenix POV

___________

I fly as fast as I can, a red streak across the sky. The square glass building looks so close, but it's far away. I won't get there fast enough. They'll catch me first.

Damn it, Screech! This is all your fault! I think back to the last conversation I had with him. I don't remember half of it.

"Earth to Phoenix. Earth to Phoenix!" Screech waves his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"Did you hear a word I said?" No, I hadn't. I'd been thinking of my flight score. Barely high enough to pass. Effing wings.

"Um..." I try to remember what he was saying. What were we talking about? Screech sighs dramatically, pretending to be annoyed, but he's smiling.

"You have to come to my office at the Cube. Remember?" Sure. But it would help if he repeated it.

"Sorry," I tell him. He frowns.

"Is something wrong?" He asks. "Is it the superhero exams?"

"Yeah, but we don't have time to talk about it now," I say quickly. "You're going to be late! Hurry!"

Screech looks at his watch. He gasps. In flash of blue feathers he is out the door. He's so fast. With his perfect wings he probably got a perfect flight score. A feather floats down to the ground, landing next to my foot. I pick it up and carry it to the open window. The breeze pulls it out of my hand and onto the grass outside.

I'll probably never see him again. I wonder if he will be sad that I'm gone. Maybe. Maybe he'll pretend in front of the camera's when everyone asks about me and my death. Maybe he'll cry for real.

Something shoots past me, barely missing my face by an inch. Shocked, I freeze, and start to fall. I catch myself before I hit the ground. Landing, I stumble and dodge another projectile. Then I run for my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 47 16
"π»π‘’π“‡π‘œπ‘’π“ˆ 𝒢𝓇𝑒𝓃'𝓉 π’·π‘œπ“‡π“ƒ, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž'𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝒢𝒹𝑒" Like everyone else her age, Kourtney Woods struggles to balance maintaining decent grades...
32.1K 2.5K 42
The world has changed-forever. Still adjusting to their new lives, our heroes will have to uncover a dark conspiracy lurking in the shadows. ...
284 26 17
"You're a Shifter." This caught me off-guard. A Shifter? I had heard of them, thieves and criminals that are able to shift to the Other Realm using s...
208 20 20
"A few months ago I was nobody in the world, now I'm the one saving." Ricky wakes up to a cold hard ground and no memory of how she got there. Her wo...