2 Years In Italy

By summerstorm

Following in the death of her brother, Silver Declario is only sure about one thing in her life. Dez. Her bes... More

2 Years in Italy - Parts 1-3
2 years in Italy - Part 4-6
2 years in Italy - Part 7-9
2 years in Italy - Part 13-15
2 years in Italy - Part 16-18
2 years in Italy - Part 19-21
2 years in Italy - Part 22
2 years In Italy- Part 23
2 years in Italy - Part 24
Chapter 25
Two Years In Italy - part 26
2 Years In Italy - Part 27

2 years in Italy - Part 10-12

1.2K 18 0
By summerstorm

Chapter 10

Lukes POV

"C'mon man, i said i was sorry" Carter whined.

I just frowned and stared out across the water.

"Argh you are so bloody predictable" i growled. "Do you have any idea how many times you have done this to me over the years? And there's been a lot of years!" i retorted.

"Exactly, do you realise how many years we've been best friends for? That alone is a reason for you to forgive me and stop sulking over here by yourself and come and hang with everyone else" he replied.

"Or maybe it is a reason for me to finally realise what an ass you are and leave before i kill you".

Now it was Carters turn to sigh.

"You've been using that same line for five years".

"That's because you've been doing this to me for the last 5, no, longer!" i shot back.

He stood up. "Come on then, get up" he said.

"What?"

"Get up. Take a hit and then we can move on"

I stood up. "I'm not gonna hit you".

Hit me.

No

Hit me.

No

Hit me!

No!

Pussy!

Jack ass!

We stood there glaring at each other, my hands curled into fists by my side, a smirk plastered across his face.

"Hey guys" said Joel, ambling over and walking right in between us to sit down on the rock we had previously occupied, oblivious to our fight.

We both looked down at him.

"Hey man" said carter. I just nodded my head, my body still tense.

Joel glanced up at us. "What's with use?"

"Luke's sookin cause i hooked up with Silver last night".

Joel just rolled his eyes. "Just punch Carter and get over it" he told me and i felt my eyes narrow even further.

"See, that's what i said!" said Carter exasperatedly.

I just glared at him.

"I'm not going to hit you!"

His shoulders dropped and he slouched, moving to sit down again.

"You're no fun, no wonder Silver chose me" he muttered.

My eyes narrowed to slits. That's it. I knew he was just trying to get me to hit him, but i didn't care.

My fist flew through the air, connecting with his temple, sending him staggering.

He spun back around, grinning at me.

"There, feel better now?" he asked in a sign song voice.

I groaned and threw myself at him, sending us tumbling over the rocks and into the water, not that that stopped us. We continued to fight, squirming in each other's grip, stopping when we ran out of air, only to resume our fight again as soon as our lungs had been filled.

Suddenly i felt a heavy thud as someone landed on my back, pushing my further under the water, i spun trying to fight carter and the new comer off at the same time.

Seconds later someone another body joined us, then another.

Spluttering i broke the surface again and looked over to where everyone was rolling in the water, trying in vain to be the only one left above water.

Carter swam lazily up beside me, treading water with ease as he grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes, pushing him back under the water before making my way over to the edge of the rocks and pulling myself out of the water.

"What? No hand out of the water? You're not going to check me to make sure i didn't cut myself on the sharp rocks when you tackled me so unceremoniously to the ground?" asked carter, hauling himself out of the water and pouting at me.

"I truly don't know why we're friends sometimes" i replied before pushing him back into the water and spinning around, heading for the bags and our towels.

Dez POV

I sat at the bar overlooking the grounds in front of me and leaned forward in my seat as a figure clad in red pelted down the pitch.

"Deezz" came an all too familiar voice, floating above the dull drone of the crowed bar as everyone let themselves relax and celebrate after our win.

I felt myself shudder and Aaron shot me a sympathetic glance before turning his attention back to the game below us.

"C'mon, c'mon!" he urged, leaning forward in his seat again, only to groan and throw his hands up in the air in frustration moments later when the ball went sailing over the cross bar and into the crowd.

"Lousy shot" he grumbled to himself.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my jacket, sliding off my stool and attempting to melt into the small crowd before Danni could find me.

"Dez, sweetie, there you are! I've been looking for you everywhere".

I felt my body freeze as her small hands clamped onto my arm, halting my escape.

I turned around slowly, almost painfully.

"Danni, hey, what's up?" I asked feebly, trying to hide the distaste i felt from leaking through into my voice.

"Where were you going?" she asked, her voice naturally hitting that high whiny note she thought was so seductive, personally it reminded me a lot of nails on a black board, but hey, that's just me. Maybe some guys are into fake plastic whiney chicks.

"Nowhere" I sighed and sat back down.

Her pout instantly turned into a smile and she pulled a stool up so close to mine that for a moment i considered suggesting that she just sit on my lap and be done with so that the guys standing next to her could have her seat now instead of waiting for her to make her move, but then it occurred to me that she would probably overlook my sarcasm and actually sit on me so I quickly snapped my mouth shut and out of habit slid further away from her.

"Sooo, what's happening tonight?" she asked, placing her hand on my leg and squeezing it ever so lightly. I felt myself stiffen slightly and was instantly disgusted with myself. Yeah she may have been as slutty and fake as hell, but she was still hot, and I am a guy.

However, in my defence, i have only slept with her once, i know that still sounds bad, but compared to most of the guys in the room right now, that practically makes me a virgin.

Zoning out i let my eyes wander to the game in front of me yet again and frowned. I was incredible how crap they were. We were only one division above of them, so how could there be such a vast difference in the quality of skill.

It seemed that Aaron had been thinking the same thing because at that moment he shook his head and spun around on his stool, resting his elbows on the bar.

"It's truly a testament to our team that this club still has any followers at all, considering the standard of all the other teams" he announced, causing the people nearest to us to nod in agreement

I spun on my stool, causing Danni's pout to reappear as i brushed her hand off its current position on my leg which was somewhat higher than where it had started and leant on the bar next to Aaron.

"Seriously man, you should offer to coach or something, you might be able to actually make a difference".

I shook my head. "No way, i already tried that, remember? It was hopeless, they are beyond help. Being a decent player requires a certain amount of natural ability, and they have zilch, nata, none" i said, shaking my head sadly.

We were silent for a moment, Aaron staring into his beer, contemplating switching his allegiance to another club while i sat there ignoring Danni and spinning my phone in my hand, thinking about Silver. I had four missed calls from her when i had finished the game earlier, but i hadn't called her back yet. It was against the rules.

Aaron's rules to getting over Silver (i had protested the name but he had ignored me)

1. Do not call her

2. Do not return her calls

3. Contact her once a week, max

4. Don't spend every spare moment thinking about her

5. Don't spend any busy moment thinking about her

6. Don't dream about her, (Unless she's naked)

7. Don't think about her period

8. Hook up with other people ( emphasis on People)

I rolled my eyes just thinking about them. He was one of my best friends but he truly was an idiot. For one thing he refused to believe that there was nothing between me and silver, and secondly he had this misdirected awe surrounding my abilities on the field. Yeah i was a good player, but sometimes i felt that people talked me up beyond my actually abilities. In a way it was good because it meant i was always pushing myself to live up to expectations, but it was tiring and sometimes i just had this urge to play somewhere else, where people didn't know me and have per-conceptions of what or who i should be...

"Babe, are you even listening to me?".

"Huh?" i asked turning around and blinking at Danni, completely forgetting about her for a second.

"Oh, what, yeah course I am" i muttered feebly as she continued to frown.

I nudged Aaron with my foot, hinting at him that i was ready for a save.

"You know..." he drawled

Here it comes, i thought, one of Aarons famous save lines. God i love this guy.

"I think that next game, you should aim for eight goals. Don't you think Dez" he said, looking at me pointedly, emphasising the word eight.

Huh.

"You, know.... eight..." he continued.

I stared at him for a second and then it clicked, rule number eight, "Hook up with other people". I groaned and death stared him, i would have knocked him off his chair right then and there if i had of thought it would have done any good.

Did i say that i love this guy? Yeah well, i take it back.

Danni was just staring at him. "What the hell are you talking about" she demanded and i had a strong urge to laugh, for once i actually agreed with her.

Shaking my head i stood to leave. "Look it's been really great catching up with you Danni, but i really gotta fly, why don't you stay here with Aaron, he'll look after you" and with that i walked out, smiling at the accusing look on Aarons face before he was dragged away by Danni.

Walking towards the exit i drained by glass, setting it down on the nearest table and pulling out a folded piece of paper from my jeans pocket.

"Aarons rule to getting over Silver"

Shaking my head i crumpled to piece of paper in my hand and lobbed it towards the bin, watching satisfied as it flew easily through the air.

I pushed my way through a crowd of girls, all gathered together giggling and pointing at the guys sitting by the bar. Laughing i pulled my collar up and ducked my head, trying to slip through the throng of girls without being noticed.

No such luck.

I bumped into one girl knocking her sideways. Instantly she was on her feet yelling at me, her finger pressing into my chest.

I held my hands up as a peace offering.

"Geeze lady, i didn't mean to alright".

"Yeah whatever that's what they all say..." she said glaring at me. We stared at each other for a moment and realisation slowly dawned on her. I quickly ducked my head and pulled my collar back up, trying to make a hasty retreat.

"Hey, wait a minute... aren't you..." but before she finished her sentence i took off, pushing my way through the crowd of people blocking the exit to the car park, her shouts following me and she ran after me in an attempt to stop my escape.

I ran towards my jeep, pulling my keys out of my pocket as i approached and beeping it open, yanking the door open and dragging myself in before slouching down behind the wheel and cracking up laughing.

It was like this every week, fans milling around after a game trying to get an autograph, or a photo, and we weren't anywhere close to the big leagues yet! Though it was true that most players chosen to play in the higher more professional league were chosen from our division, but still...

Still chortling to myself i slid the keys smoothly in to the ignition and turned the car on, smiling at the smooth rumbled the engine made when it started.

God Silver and I used to have a laugh at those poor girls expenses.

Some days i would leave and let the girls fawn over me, only to have Silver storm up to us, shouting at the girls to keep their hands off her boyfriend before dragging me away, or other days we would just let them glimpse me or Aaron as we left and then run, laughing the whole time at the noise they made trying to catch us.

My smile faded as more memories hit me; each one containing Silver in some shape or form.

If she had been with me my whole life, and if every one of my beliefs, memories, likes or dislikes had been formed with some form of influence on her part, then how was i supposed to live that same life with her not in it?

Answer, I wasn't.

Therefor the way i saw it i had two choices

One: make a new life

Or

Two: Live my old life, but find a way to truly cut Silver out of it for good.

Silvers POV

I chucked my hair up in a bun and slid my sunnies down over my nose. I made a fuss about adjusting my mirrors, ignoring the impatient noises coming from Luke beside me. When we were all leaving i had made some sly adjustments to the seating arrangements so that now i was driving the Toyota back to school with Luke and some girl called Maria in the back.

Turns out i was even slicker than i give myself credit for because as soon as we had gotten into the car Maria had fallen asleep, leaving me to talk to Luke without him having a chance to escape and without any interruptions.

I watched as everyone took off around me and once i was sure we were the last to leave i slowly edged out onto the dirt track.

I crawled along at a snail's pace, dragging out our time in the car and knowing that soon Luke would be so frustrated he would have to talk to me.

"Silver, have you ever actually driven before?" he asked in a dry voice.

I blinked surprised, that had been even easier than i had thought it would be.

"Of course, i just don't want to scratch the car on the rocky road" i replied, glancing over at him.

He sighed and leant his head against the window, gazing out at the slowly passing scenery. I sighed, "i guess that's as much effort on his part as i can expect really" i thought to myself.

"So that's a pretty nice place hey, what with the water fall n all" i said, my voice perky, hoping that if i acted like nothing had happened so would he. After a couple of minutes however i gave into the fact that i was going to have to broach the Carter issue.

"So, erm, i didn't see you very much last night"

"That would be because you were otherwise occupied with Carter in the bushes" he replied bluntly, his eyes still fixed on the trees.

I winced, ok, i had kinds left myself open to that one.

"Yeah, i really should explain that one"

"No need, i know carter pretty well, i think i can probably fit the pieces together".

"No really, that's not what happened, i swear, i didn't sleep with him!" i protested, my voice somewhat indignant at the thought that he thought i was that easy.

He rolled his eyes. "I know you didn't sleep with him; he's normally much more bouncy than he was this morning after getting laid".

Oh, ew...

"Seriously but, he practically attacked me, he kissed me, i had nothing to do with it, I'm innocent in all of this".

He snorted, "Mhm, so did he drag you into the bushes, or did you willingly follow, thinking all he had in mind was getting to know you better"

I winced again, how to put this without making it sound worse than it is?

"Well, no, not exactly. I kinda dragged him into the bushes, but still, i didn't plan on hooking up with him".

"Way to go Silver" I thought, "I doubt you could have screwed that up any worse"

"Wait, no. That came out wrong" i said hurriedly, back tracking as best i could. "I was drunk and i was upset, i didn't even think about it ok, It could of been you i dragged it could have been Joel, i could have been freaking Maria for all i knew, I was just really upset and i grabbed whoever it was standing next to me, who at the time, happened to be Carter".

He turned to me slowly, "So what were you so upset about?"

I opened my mouth, but habit took over and i balked at the last moment, closing my mouth and swallowing. I couldn't tell him, i couldn't sit here perfectly sober and in control and willingly tell him how i had been directly responsible for my brother's death.

He sighed, "Yeah that's what i thought".

"No, it's not that i don't want to tell you, i just can't" i said, my voice pleading with him to understand.

He was quiet for a moment, contemplating what i had said.

"Did you tell Carter?"

Dammit.

Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie, my brain chanted at me over and over.

"Yes" i whispered, my eyes glued to the road, i knew it might have been kinder to lie, but if he ever found out later on that i lied to him, whatever friendship i was trying to rekindle at the moment would be blown to smithereens.

"Look, Carter and I have been friends forever, and you're not the first girl to use me to get to him"

"But I'm not..."

"But I'm not going to start ignoring him, so it would be unfair if i were to ignore you".

I breathed out a sigh of relief, a smile spreading across my face.

"But don't expect us to be friends. Acquaintances, yes, friends no".

I felt like he had just winded me, all the air leaving my lungs in a rush.

"But, Luke..."

He shook his head and smiled sadly at me before returning his gaze to the window.

I just stared at him for a second before turning back to the road and hitting the accelerator, suddenly wanting to be back at school, back at home in England, anywhere other than this car, anywhere other than sitting right across from the guy who had just decided to cut me out of his life completely and finally.

2 weeks later

Chapter 11

Silvers POV

"i don't get it, what's going on? Please just talk to me... Xx Silver.."

I hit send and the little sign flicked on to my screen signalling that my message had been sent. I sighed and chucked my phone on the bed, pacing the small wooden floor space stretching from the end of my bed to the door leading towards the lounge room.

Someone cleared their throat and i spun around, startled out of the thoughts that had been plaguing my incessantly for the last two weeks.

"Your pacing again" observed Elisa.

"How very astute of you to notice" i snapped.

She held her hands up in a peace gesture. "I was just saying..." she murmured and backed out of the room.

"No, wait. I'm sorry" i called after her, flopping back on my bed, staring intently as the fan twirled slowly above my head, pushing the hot air around in continuous circles.

I felt her weight join me on the bed as we both stared upwards in silence.

"I don't get it" i whispered. "It's been two weeks. I've gone through over $200 in credit, messaging him, calling him, leaving messages, pranking...everything i can think of. I've called at midnight, at one in the morning, in the middle of the day, at night. And Nothing. Not a single reply, he hasn't picked up even one of my calls".

I rolled onto my side and looked at her. "I don't get it, before I came here we didn't go a day without talking, not once did he miss one of my calls. Well, no that's a lie. I called him once when he was with some chick. But he called back minutes later, i could still here her complaining in the background" i struggled not to grin at the memory, but my laughter was instantly subdued as i was brought crashing back into the moment as my phone began to vibrate next to my bed.

In my haste to answer it i misjudged the distance to the edge of the bed, leaping over Elisa, sailing over my bed and landing with a crash on the hard wooden floor. Growling with impatience i scrabbled to my feet and hurried to where my phone was still dancing.

Grabbing it i scanned the display, my heart stopping as the small sign reading 'Dez' lit up.

I stared at the small screen in wonder for a moment, before remembering myself and flicking it open.

"Hello?" i asked breathlessly.

Silence.

"Hello! I demanded again. "Dez?"

"Um, Hey Silver, nah it's um, Aaron".

I froze, feeling the blood drain from my face, my whole body going cold.

"What. Why are you on his phone? What's wrong? is he ok? Did something happen!"

"Um, no he's er, fine, it's just that..." I could almost picture him standing there, shifting on the spot his face all scrunched up.

"For fucks sake! Just tell me what's going on!" i said, almost screaming the last part, scenario's flashing through my head. Dez hurt. Dez lost. Dez dead.

"Ohmygod" i whimpered.

"What? No, Silver... Dez is fine" came Aaron's voice through the small speaker.

I was silent for a few beats, letting this information process. Relief washing through me, he's fine, nothing has happened to him. He's safe. Wait...

"Then why the hell has he been cold shouldering me for two weeks!"

"Well. Erm, you see, that's the thing..." he murmured again.

"Oh just say it Aaron" i said tiredly.

"He doesn't want you to call him anymore. He says he's sorry if he hurt you but he thinks it would be better if you just stopped trying to contact him."

We were both silent for a minute.

"Excuse me?" i finally answered, amazed that my voice didn't break, but it seemed that i had used up my tear reserves for a while, that or that this was just too big for tears. This was worth something much much more.

"C'mon Silver, you didn't really think use would be best friends forever right? I mean, you live in Italy now". He sighed. "Look, he said he's really sorry if this hurts you, but he wants you to try and understand that he needs to do this for him".

I opened my mouth but i couldn't get anything out. I couldn't string together a coherent thought; much less create an understandable sentence.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it for a moment. Through the small speaker i could hear Aaron calling my name, but i didn't care.

I stared intently at the small device in my hand, studying it, an irrational calm washing over me. Eliza looked at me questionly, a worried look of concern covering her features.

I gave her a small smile, turned to my window and hurled my phone as far and as hard as i could, watching with satisfaction as it spun through the air before disappearing into the mass of trees waving in a slight breeze 50 meters away.

"I'll be back in a moment" i told her, flicking my hair into a messy bun and pulling on a pair of denim shorts and marching out of the room.

I marched down the empty hallway. Everyone was either in the room relaxing or had found somewhere cool outside to try and wait out the day's heat, saving their energy for the weekend.

Somewhere in the back of my mind i knew that this wasn't right and that i shouldn't be this calm. I should be in my room still, demanding to talk to Dez or else collapsed on my bed, hysterical, with Eliza trying to make me breathe into a paper bad to try and prevent me from hyperventilating.

But no, instead i was walking down the hallway, completely calm, as if Aaron had simply called to tell me that the weather over there was crap, or that Manchester had just beaten Liverpool, not that Dez, my very best friend in the entire world, one of the only two people in my life that i had every truly loved, no longer wanted anything to do with me.

No, this wasn't rational.

The rational part of my brain noted that i was probably suffering shock or denial; not that meant anything to me now, because right now, there was only one thing on my mind.

Hanging a right i increased my pace, speeding along the wooden hallways, flying up two sets of stairs, only slowing down once i reached a corridor with a plaque reading 100 - 115.

I counted the doors, finally coming to a stop in front of the door with little gold lettering reading "107".

I gave myself half a second to catch my breath before i raised my hand and slammed it into the door, once, twice, three times. I was about to go for number four when the door was yanked open, revealing a half naked Luke, his eyebrows drawn together in a frown, a shirt hanging from his hand, suggesting i had called him away in the middle of getting dressed.

The thought of him naked had a partially sobering effect and i felt a slight blush trace my cheeks... maybe hadn't needed to knock quiet so hard...

"Silver?" he asked questionly, his frown lessening slightly as he took in my harried appearance.

"Can i talk to you?" i asked, glancing around him at the three guys sitting on his couch, watching us with interest.

"Alone".

He blew out a sigh and shrugged, walking out of the door and pulling it shut behind him.

"What do you want Silver" he asked bluntly and i had to take a breath to stop myself from coming back with one of the many bitchy comments that had sprung to the tip of my tongue.

"I'm done with this" i said, indicating to the both of us. "I'm sick of not being friends with you, i stayed away from you for two weeks Luke, i gave you time and space, but now I'm done. Nothing happened at the creek that i should be punished for. Carter kissed me and that's all, and He Kissed Me! I didn't instigate it. I get that you two have been friends for forever, so i understand why you are putting most of the blame on me. Because when you've been friends with someone for that long you can't just cut them out of your life.

I choked for a moment, realising what i had just said, and felt my emotions beginning to stir in the base of my stomach. I swallowed and met his gaze again.

"But honestly, it's not fair. I've had a really really really crappy two weeks and I'm sick of it. I don't want to not talk to you anymore and i don't want to be ignored by you anyway more either".

I paused for breath and stared at him, his cloudy grey eyes churning as he took in what i said.

He blew out another sigh and ran a hand through his hair.

"Look silver, i get it that Carter's hot ok, and i get that you wanted to get close to him, but i really hate being used"

"But..." i began, but he cut me off again.

I felt my muscles tense as he continued talking, but i couldn't hear what he was saying, my phone call to Aaron was finally starting to hit me, and wave upon wave of emotion began rolling through me, cutting off all my other senses.

"Luke..." but he kept going.

I closed my eyes and took another breath.

"LUKE!"

"His voice faded off as a surprised look came over his face.

"I didn't, i never intended to, and i never will use you to get close to Carter! Carter and I have done nothing but fight since i got here.On my first day here i walked in on him with a random chick twice, and each time it was a different person. I have less than no respect for him and at no point have i ever considered or would consider becoming one of his many, many, many conquests".

"Oh" he murmured.

I pulled a face at him "Yes oh, you idiot".

"Why didn't you tell me this at the waterfall?"

"I tried!" I exploded, "but you were too set on believing that everyone is out to get and use you to give me a chance".

Without warning he stepped forward, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him, his warm breath tickling my neck.

"Sorry" he breathed, his arms tightening around me, moulding our bodies together. I wrapped my arms around his neck, one hand snagging in his hair as i buried my face into his shoulder.

For a moment if felt myself relax into his hold, but as soon as i let my guard down the onslaught of emotions hit me again, forcing me to tense. As if sensing my distress, he began moving his hands in gentle soothing circles up and down my back. A sense of gratitude and affection for him at that moment washed over me and i held onto him even tighter, as if i was afraid he would disappear.

"Hey, you ok?"

I nodded, reluctant to pull away from his embrace.

"Wanna talk?"

Sighing i loosened my grip on him and pulled back a fraction so that my words wouldn't be muffled, "yes, but not right now".

I felt him nod, squeeze me one more time and then pull away so that he could study my face.

"Wanna come in and play video games with the guys?"

I grinned up at him. "It actually sounds that good right now" i all but moaned.

He let out a laugh, slinging an arm around my shoulders and steering me into the room.

Hours later i felt my jolt awake, loud banging sounds pulling me out of my dreams. I glanced around me disorientated, as i heard someone curse and stumbled to their feet in the other room.

"What?!" i heard Luke demand.

"Is Silver here? She bailed from our room ours ago and hasn't come back, I'm really worried, she wasn't herself when she left".

"Yeah she's in my room asleep. She crashed on the lounge"

"Oh, so are you two speaking again?"

"Yeah"

"Good, because you picked a hell of a time to do your silent man shit"

"Yeah i got that impression, look it's three in the morning and i really wanna sleep, do you mind if we continue this conversation when the suns up, preferably way way up?" he asked, his tone flat.

I closed my eyes and let my head sink into the pillow, blocking out the rest of their conversation. I heard Luke shut the door quietly and shuffle back into the lounge room.

"Luke?" i called out softly, lying quietly waiting for his reply.

A moment later the door opened silently and Luke poked his head in.

"Silver?" he asked in a whisper, checking if i was awake or not.

"Yeah" i replied.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to wake you; Elisa was looking for you that's all".

"That's ok" i whispered back, rolling onto my side, trying to make out his features in the dark.

"K, night" he said, moving to shut the door again.

A sudden need for company over powered me. "Wait" i burst out, instantly slapping a hand over my mouth, remembering that his roommate was probably trying to sleep.

"Yeah?"

"Umm, did i kick you out of your bed?"

He let out a quiet laugh, "don't worry about it" he said and moved to close the door again.

"No, wait!" i called out, moving over and patting the bed beside me.

I saw him hesitate by the door, before moving quietly into the room and sliding in beside me.

We lay quietly for a moment, i knew that he deserved and explanation, and i knew that i wasn't ready to talk about Jace again, but i could explain about Dez.

"You know Dez, the guy i told you about?"

"Your best friend?" he asked his voice surprised and a little wary.

"Yeah, well i guess you could say that now, he's even less than an acquaintance" i said, trying to keep my voice light, but i heard the slight quiver in it and clenched my hands, willing myself not to cry.

"You didn't try and get with his friend with you?"

I felt myself let out a little gasp of indignation, my face heating up in disbelief.

"No!" i said, throwing the covers off myself and moving to get off the bed.

"No, wait! I'm sorry, it just slipped out ok" he said, throwing his arm around my waist,

"Let go of me"

"No please. I'm so sorry. Silver i didn't mean it really, please don't go" he pleaded.

I struggled in his grip but he just held me tighter, pulling me towards him until i was sitting in his lap.

"Please, please Sil, i didn't mean it. Really... I'm so so sorry" he whispered against my hair before pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

I lessened my struggles, somewhat shocked at amount of intimacy he managed to put into such a simple act.

"I'm sorry" he whispered and i stopped fighting his restraints, allowing myself to be held.

"It's ok" i mumbled, wiggling out of his embrace and shifting back under the blankets next to him again.

"You were saying" he urged, rolling onto his side to look at me.

I rolled my eyes, "yeah now whos grovelling" i thought to myself, but restrained from saying so out loud.

"Well he's been ignoring me for the last two weeks, starting the weekend of the waterfall camp. Good weekend for me that one, real good" i said sarcastically, flinching at the bitterness in my own voice.

"Silver..." he began but i cut him off with a wave of my hand. "Anyway, i finally get a call from his mobile today, and i thought that it was him, about to explain why I've heard nata from him in two weeks, but instead i get Aaron, telling me that Dez thinks it's better if we never speak again".

I stopped there, not because i ran out of things to say, but because suddenly my throat closed off and i knew that i wasn't be going to say any more on the matter.

Dez pulled my closer to him, wrapping and arm around my waist, "He's an idiot. I'm and idiot to, but not nearly so much as he is, give it time, he'll come around".

I nodded, my voice still halted by the excess of emotions flowing through my body. Sighing i rolled over so that we were face to face and snuggled into him.

"Thanks" i whispered.

"No problem, I'm glad you came and shouted at me today".

I shrugged. "I figured that if i lost Dez than i wasn't going to lose you as well".

He chuckled softy, the motion rocking us both gently.

"It's weird, I've never actually had a girl who i was close enough too to be like this with, it's a welcome change, trust me"

"Everyone always says that girls and guys can't be friends. I've always said they were idiots" i replied sleepily.

I felt him smile, closing my eyes and allowing myself to drift back to sleep, content in his arms.

Luke's POV

I looked down at her sleeping form, curled up next to me, her head resting on my chest.

Smiling i pressed a soft kiss against her hair, breathing in the sweet smell of her shampoo.

"Night" i whispered, pulling her closer to me.

Chapter 12

Silvers POV

Tomorrow is the 23rd.

Tomorrow is my 18th birthday.

Tomorrow is exactly 2 months since Dez stopped talking to me.

Lukes POV

I watched as she moved into the classroom. I knew that look. That was her Dez look. I hated that look.

Carters POV

I sat at my desk, ignoring everyone around me, staring out the window aimlessly. I was here to play soccer or football, whatever you wanted to call it, not to learn various methods of dissecting a frog.

I felt the hairs on my arms stand up and instantly snapped out of my daze as I watched her walk past me.

Her.

Man i hate her. Hated how she made me feel. Hated how she teased me by simply being her.

I sighed and shook my head slumping back down into my chair.

I've always wanted what i can't have.

Anonymous POV

I sat in my seat, tapping my pen impatiently against my desk, watching as the clock slowly made its way towards 3.30.

Finally after what felt like 20 years the bell sounded through the grounds, sending me flying form my seat.

I made my way towards my room, slipping through the lounge room and locking my door behind me. Sitting down on my bed i pulled out a folded piece of paper from my pocket.

Sliding my phone open i punched in the numbers and waited...

Lukes POV

2 months. Two long, agonising months.

It wasn't working. My supposed 'detox' that is. She was still in my every thought.

I stared up at the ceiling, my eyes running over the designs that swirled through the paint. I could still taste the alcohol from last night on my tongue and somewhere at the back of my head i could feel the beginnings of a hangover headache.

Slowly i pulled myself into a sitting position and eased myself out of the bed, freezing when i heard a slight moan from next to me. I glanced over, peaking at the head of messy brown hair lying on the pillow next to me. For a moment i didn't move, relaxing once i heard her breathing return to its steady rhythm and continuing to untangle myself from the sheets. Quietly i crept around the room, picking up items of discarded clothing, biting my lip to keep me from crying out when i kicked my cold toe on the metal bed base. Quickly i made my way towards her door, easing it open, wincing as it the old wooden frame creaked in protest. I took one last glance towards the bed, ensuring she was still asleep, before closing the door behind me and making my escape through the front entrance.

I beeped open the doors to my jeep, sliding into the cool interior and breathing another sigh of relief. I glanced in the rear view mirror but quickly looked away in disgust. I barely knew the person staring back at me these days.

This wasn't me, or at least it didn't use to be. Each night brought a different bar, a different club, a different group of people. And each morning brought a different bed, a different girl.

And always the same feelings of self loathing.

Well, at least Aaron couldn't bitch that i wasn't sticking to the list, so far i had successfully completed number's 1, 2, 3 and 8.

1. Do not call her

Check.

2. Do not return her calls

Check.

3. Contact her once a week, max

Well I'd done even better than that.

4. Hook up with other people ( emphasis on People)

Check.

I sighed again and shoved the jeep into reverse, speeding out onto the nearly deserted road. I glanced at the clock. 5.30. I had no idea what time that would make it in Italy. Not that it mattered. I wasn't going to call her. It wasn't that i didn't want to. I wasn't that i didn't need to. It was that i couldn't.

If she were to see me right now she wouldn't recognise me.

How could i possibly call her now, after almost 2 months of silence?

What would i say?

"Hey Silver. Remember me? Your best friend who suddenly decided to cut you out of his life for good".

I snorted. Oh yeah, that would go over real well.

But it was more than her anger I was afraid of. It was her disappointment, her pain.

I didn't want her to know what I'd become..

I pulled into my driveway, groaning again as the pain shot through my head.

"Freaking tequila" i muttered to myself, slamming the door shut and dragging my sorry arse up the path, into the house and up the stairs into my room, where i collapsed with a groan onto my messy, unmade bed, instantly falling unconscious.

Sleep was the only time i could escape. The only time when everything was as it was meant to be. The only time i could see her again.

In the background i could hear my phone ringing, but i honestly couldn't give a damn. But by the fourth call i was finally sick of it. Rolling myself off the bed i grabbed my phone and hit answer, sleepily raising it to my ear...

"Hello?"

Anonymous POV

He answered like he had one hell of a hangover.

Serve the bastard right. Fuck head.

"Hey, is this Dez?"

"Mmm.. why?" he asked, his voice sounding like he was talking through his pillow.

I deliberately raised the level of my voice an octave, before answering, "Don't hang up ok. You don't know me but i know a friend of yours".

"Listen, man, I've got one hell of a hangover so you better tell me what you want before i hang up..."

I felt my eye brows raise slightly, if it had of been me, i would have hung up as soon as i had answered... actually; i probably wouldn't have answered in the first place...

"I'm gonna make this real simple so your thick alcohol poisoned pathetic excuse for a brain can understand... Tomorrows Silvers 18th birthday, and if you don't pull that god dam stick out of your arse and call her, apologize and do your best to try and make her smile i will personally come over there, hunt you down and throw you off whatever that fucking big clock that you pommes all idolise so much is called. Got it?"

There was a beat of silence...

I had planned to hang up, but at this point i was too worked up, i slipped of my bed and began pacing my room.

"No, you know what, that's not good enough. You're a fucking limp excuse you know that? You're pathetic. Your worse than pathetic you fucking...Argh!!" i was so worked up that the words just wouldn't come, frustration and anger rolled off my body and it was all i could do not to throw my phone as hard as i could at the wall simply to watch it shatter.

I forced myself to take several deep breaths before i continued...

"Look, you either call her tomorrow and make her fucking day or I'll make sure that your football career ends within the next 24 hours, like as in you'll never step foot inside another stadium in your life. Comprende!" I yelled the last part before calmly pressing the disconnect button on my phone and smiling to myself.

Dez POV

Fuck.

Chapter 14

Dedicated to 1xravenx1 - who reminded me of what i had so ignorantly forgotten... thank you.

Silvers POV

I looked at the scene unfolding before me and grinned.

Somehow, and I'm not sure I wasn't to know the details, but somehow, Luke and carter had managed to get hold of an abandoned warehouse and turn it into a night club for my 18th.

I was standing in an office on the second floor that had been transformed into a Dj's booth, looking out over the mass of bodies, moving and grinding to the beat that was pulsing around the room.

Beside me Carter was flicking through the millions and one song he had downloaded onto his lap top for tonight, grinning as he hit play and a new beat sounded out across the floor. Somehow, probably deliberately, the word had gotten out about our, err, gathering, and people had flocked in It looked like the entire school had come, everyone bringing at least ten other people with them.

Strobe lights had been strategically placed around the walls, ensuring that the entire floor was covered in dancing flickering lights.

On the left hand side of the building a raised section of flooring that had probably been used as some form of display area had been taken over and was no being used as a stage.

I felt Luke arm wrap around my shoulders and I grinned up at him. At some point in the last two months an unsteady truce had been called between me and Carter. I still struggled with his sluttiness but I now reframed from commenting on it every chance I got, and in return he had stopped hitting on me. I think Luke was secretly grateful for our un-official truce, but none of us ever said anything, it was one of those awkward subjects that were best left unspoken.

"So do you like your birthday party?" Luke half yelled.

I grinned up at him again and nodded, knowing that it would be useless to try and make myself heard over the volume of the music roaring from the speaker near us.

Just then Joel appeared at our side, giving me a hug and doing some complicated guy hand shake with the guys.

"Ill take over here" he mouthed at us and I nodded eagerly, keen to get down to the floor and find Elisa.

I made my way towards the stairs, hurrying down them and heading towards the stage on the opposite wall. I had told Elisa I would meet her there at 12, and it was five past.

Reaching the stage I jumped up, my short denim shorts hindering my progress. I sighed and rolled my eyes at myself, taking a step back and making another attempt at jumping onto the elevated flooring. But this time strong hands caught my waste and propelled me upwards, sending my flying through the air and landing unsteadily on my feet.

I turned around and rolled my eyes and Luke as he easily pulled himself up behind me.

"I was getting there" I screamed, trying to make myself heard above the music.

He just rolled his eyes and mouthed "yeah yeah".

I let out another laugh, unable to keep the smile off my face as I accepted the drink he offered me.

I felt someone hit my back hard and stumbled forward from the impact, spinning around to find Elisa standing there trying to catch her breath. I let out a squeal and threw my arms around her.

"This place is amazing" she screamed at me.

"I know!! I tried to yell back, but gave up and just nodded slightly erratically at her.

"C'mon" she mouthed, grabbing my hand and dragging me through the people milling on the stage, grinding and pushing against each other.

Everywhere I looked people clad in fluoro colours were jumping up and down, the strobe lights making the colours glow, reflecting onto everyone's skin, making them look like aliens from some far off planet.

The song began to wind down and Elisa took advantage of the lull in noise to shout at me. "This is amazing! The Fluoro looks sooo good!!"

I nodded in agreement. It still amazed me that somehow the guys had managed to pull this off. Entry had been ten dollars at the door, mainly to pay for the hire of the warehouse and the bouncers, though why anyone would pay for an abandoned warehouse...

I was wearing short cut off denim jeans that barely covered me ass and a tight that stopped just short of my belly button that me and Elisa had managed to tie die fluro purple with white splotches.

The music picked up again and we gave up on trying to talk, simply letting the beat pulse through us, moving with the masses of people around us.

Soon though I drained my drink. Signalling that I was going to find another one I made my way off the stage, leaving Elisa to grind against some tall stranger wearing nothing but a pair of jeans with a white singlet slung over his shoulder.

Making my way towards the stairs I made my back up them, waving to Joel as I reached into the esky we had carried up early, hunting around for a Smirnoff.

I emerge with a triumphant expression and a bottle held in one hand. I moved over to the table with all the equipment set up on it. Measuring out to shots of vodka I handed one to Joel and kept one for myself. Toasting him we both through back the burning liquid, coughing slightly as it scorched my throat.

"Another?" I mouthed at him and he nodded enthusiastically. Laughing I measured out another two shots, throwing mine back without a second thought.

Shaking my head I returned the bottle to the ice, grabbing a can and making my way back down he stairs. I glanced around me, trying to decided weather or not it was worth it to make my way back to the stage. Craning my neck I tried to glimpse Elisa on the stage, but gave up, deciding to just dance where I was.

I flicked the top of my can just as "release me" by Agnes began blaring around the room.

I let out a laugh, my head was still spinning slightly from the shots, but it just added to the feeling of euphoria I was experiencing. I had been so long since I had let go of all my worries and just enjoyed my self. And tonight that was exactly what I was doing. Taking a long swallow from my can I let myself go, closing my eyes and moving my body to the music.

Carters POV

I pulled the little brunette closer to me, smiling as I felt her come willingly, pushing herself up against me, moving slowly to the music, looking up into my eyes.

I groaned. I hated it when they tried to hard, trying to get a reaction, trying to make an impression, hoping that they will be the "one" who I give up my player ways for.

Pulling a face I disentangled myself from her, ignoring the hurt look on her face. Moving through the crowds I glanced up at the stairs leading to Dj's booth, freezing slightly as I watched her descend. She stumbled slightly and grabbed onto the railing to steady her self.

I shook my head laughingly, she was such a lightweight. I bet she's had four drinks max, and she's already struggling.

I began to cut my way through the crowd, angling to where I guessed she was just reaching the floor.

I finally made my way out of the crowd, feeling the air lighten as the bodies became less dense as I moved farther away from the middle of the floor.

Scanning the crowd I searched for her small form, my gaze lingering on the half naked girls dancing near me, but never coming to a complete stop.

Finally I spotted her.

Her long blonde hair was pulled up into a messy knot at the back of her head, a few errant strands framing her face. A tight top hugged her chest before stopping midway down her torso, revealing a toned brown stomach. My eyes continued to trail down her body, becoming wider as I took in her longs legs, exposed by the tiny pair of shorts she was wearing.

I felt myself go hard and instinctively started moving towards her, following as she made her way through the crowd, heading for the middle of the floor, right where I had just been.

Finally she came to a stop, closing her eyes and moving her body the rhythm. The image of her body grinding and pulsing finally pushed me over the edge and I moved in, like a predator making a move on its prey. The thought made me freeze for a second, frowning, it wasn't exactly the image I wanted to have of myself.

Shaking my head though I continued to make my ay towards her, reaching out and grabbing the arm of some guy who was about to make a move on her, shaking my head at him. For a moment it looked as if he wasn't going to listen, but then he gave a slight nod and melted back into the crowd.

Slowly I moved up behind her, feeling my pulse quicken.

There was just something so fucking attractive about her. Yeah it may have been the shorts... or it may have been the forbidden fruit angle she had going on. She was the toy on the top fucking shelf. My best mate's girl.

I snorted, not that he was ever going to make a move. She had been sleeping in his bed on and off again for the last two months, and the most he had ever done was spoon her while she slept.

I was right behind her now, all I had to do was reach out and pull her to me. But I still hesitated. I glanced around me guiltily, but the shook my head. There were so many people here it would be impossible for him to see us unless he walks right in front of us.

Stepping forward I reached out and pulled her firmly against me, grinning as I felt her allow herself to be dragged closer. Slowly I began to move, swaying side to side, willing her to react.

Silvers POV

Slowly I made my way to the centre of the floor, taking continuous sips of my drink, all caution thrown to the wind.

Draining the last drops from my can I dropped it by my side, shaking my head at the poor idiot who got stuck cleaning up tomorrow.

When I finally reached the middle of the floor I stopped, loving the feel of the people around me, feeling so insignificant that I could do what ever I wanted right now and no-one would ever see me.

I let out a laugh that I knew no-one would hear and began to move, letting the music flow through me, enjoying the feeling of being able to dance without having to worry about my form, or whether or not my toe was pointed at the right degree.

I was just getting into it when I felt strong hands grip my waist, pulling me back against hard stomach muscles. For a second I froze as who ever held me began to move with the music, urging me to move with them. I felt a shiver run through me. Who ever it was that held me was good, like really good.

They were moving in time with the music and almost automatically I pressed myself harder against them, closing any space between us as I began moving with them.

I felt, more than heard them chuckle and opened my eyes, spinning in their arms, eager to see who ever it was that was holding me.

I felt my eyes go wide as I stared up two dark blue orbs.

Bastard.

I instinctively pulled away, determined to put some space back between us.

"Oh no you don't" he said he lips forming each word with a smirk.

And for some reason, some stupid stupid, irrational, drunk reason, I allowed him to pull me back to him.

Lukes POV

I stood looking down at the floor below me, a small frown appearing on my face, pulling at the corners of my mouth.

This was getting out of hand.

I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and turned around to see one of the bounces we had hired standing behind me, his massive arms crossed over his chest, concealing the word security written in white lettering stretching over the black shirt that was almost busting at the seems in an attempt to covering his bulging arms.

"Is it just me, or are there a few more people in here than we planned?" I hollered, leaning towards him to make sure he heard me.

He nodded tersely, his eyes scanning the crowds below us.

"We reach maximum capacity about an hour ago, so we stopped letting people in, looks like they found a back door" he shouted back.

I groaned and reached up to rub my temples.

Great, just freaking great.

Where the hell was carter, I needed him here to help me decide what to do.

The security guard was still looking at me, waiting for my answer.

Ahhh screw it I thought. "Don't worry bout it" I yelled at him. He shrugged and moved off down the stairs.

"What's happening?" Joel mouthed at me.

"People are coming in the back somehow, but I don't care"

"What if the cops show up?"

"We bail".

He laughed and turned back to the music system in front him, Turing up the volume and getting a shout of appreciation from the crowd below him for it.

Swiping another beer from the esky I made my way down the stair, jumping of the last one and making my way through the crowd. I was about to take another swallow when someone came hurtling into me, spilling me drink everywhere and sending me sprawling backwards.

"Oh crap, sorry!" someone shouted at me and I glanced down to see that I now held a small girl with dark brown eyes.

"S'ok" I yelled back, standing her up again.

She grinned up at me and I felt myself take a breath. She was hot. Like incredibly hot. Her dark brown her spilled over her shoulder in a curly mass as she flashed me a smile full of bright white teeth.

"Amy" she shouted offering me her hand.

"Luke" I yelled back, taking it.

Instead of releasing my hand however, she sent me a mischievous grin and pulled me further into the crowd. I let her drag me along until finally we stop and she turned to me.

"What..." I began, but she crashed her lips to mine, winding one hand into my hair and starting to dance, her lips still glued to mine.

I went to pull away but froze, an image of Silver flashed into my head but I pushed it away, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her closer, moving my mouth against hers.

Carters POV

I couldn't believe it. She was still here. Still grinding against me, chest to chest.

I moved my hands down to her waist, slipping one hand into the back pocket of her shorts, expecting her to pull back and slap me, but instead she just pushed herself further against me. I felt a small groan lodge in the back of my throat.

What the hell.

Silvers POV

I felt his hand slip into my shorts, squeezing me gently. I knew that that was when I should have pulled away, slapped him and stalked off. But yet again, for some reason I didn't.

What is it with him? How does he always manage to find and take advantage of me when I'm drunk? Last time emotionally this time physically.

And ok, so maybe I'm letting him, but the point is still there.

I glanced up at him, hating the smirk that was covering his face. I opened my mouth to say something, but was distracted by his lips. Were they always that close to me? I can't remember...

Oh shit.

The reality of what he s about to do dawn on me, and what was worse was that at the same moment I realised I wasn't going to pull away.

I closed my eyes, waiting... but just as i felt him lean in the lights flicked off, the music coming to an abrupt stop.

I felt him jerk back, his arm still wrapped protectively around my waist as I struggled to clear my head, trying to work out what was going on.

Around us people were yelling in outrage.

Then above the noise and commotion I heard the first of the sirens.

"Crap" I heard him mutter before he grabbed my hand and started dragging me through the crowd towards the doors.

Suddenly I heard someone scream above the shouting "COPS" and just like that a stampede of drunken bodies surged towards the doors.

I let out a small whimper of fear as I was jostled but people streaming past me in an attempt to get out before the cops arrived.

Carter tightened his grip on my hand as he dragged me along with everyone else.

"Wait... Elisa. SHIT ELISA!" I screamed over the people, knowing there was no chance that she would hear me.

Ahead of us I could see the dull glow of natural light, as then suddenly I was outside, cool air washing over me. I started to slow down but Carter yanked on my hand. "Come on! Don't stop!" he growled, pushing me towards where his car was parked. Beeping it open he threw me in the passenger's side, flying around the other side and jumping in next to me.

"Wait what you are doing! You can't drive; you've had way too much. Carter Stop!"

But he just threw the car into reverse and swung around. In the distance I could see the flash of red and blue as the police got closer.

"Fuck" he muttered, slamming the car into first and taking off in the opposite direction, heading for what I figured was a back entrance to the lot surrounding the warehouse.

The tires spun on the loose gravel and I felt us slide as we hurtled around the corner of a building. A small scream escaped my lips as I grasped the side of my seat tighter and closed my eyes, wishing it was over already.

The engine revved underneath us as Carter slammed down on the accelerator, working the clutch and gears as he swerved between buildings.

"Carter" I whimpered but he didn't reply, his eyes focused on the road in front of us.

And the suddenly we were back on the main road.

I saw him visibly relax and he shifted up through the gears, sending us speeding away from the warehouse. I turned in my seat, trying to catch a glimpse of where we just left. I could see flashing lights and just make out people running in different directions.

Carter looked over at me and grinned, a crazy grin that sent a shiver up my spine and made heat shoot through my stomach. A grin I returned, letting out a bark of laughter as we sped away, the road flying beneath us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 55.2K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
34.7K 790 18
Alia Black is Jacob's older sister who's the first to shift into Sam's pack. Time after time the boys start shifting and joining her and Sam's pack...
233K 36.2K 95
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
199K 1K 192
Mature content