My New Highschool Gang Full o...

By tatertots4life

UNDER HEAVY HEAVY EDITING!!!! Warning! This is my first book! And in the beginning, it didn't really have a p... More

Moving In 1
The Boys/ First Day of School, 2
The Brothers, 3
Meeting the Brothers and a, Talking Unicorn? 4
THGOE? Part 5
Boys, Meet Eliot. Part 6
Who New Even Picnics Could Go Wrong? Part 7
Who's Adien? 8
Who Wants Ice Cream? 9
A Fake Boyfriend For, Ten Minutes. 10
Authors Note!!!!
You Have Five.. Middle Names? 11
We're Locked In Here. 12
DAD! 13
Meet My New Best Friend, 14
Sidekick, 15
Bullied,16
Long Lost Cousin, 17
Trayvon, 18
Another New Friend? 19
School. 20
Forgiven, By Patrick. 22
The School's Garden. 23
R.I.P Sponge Bob & Patrick, 24
Grand Reaper. 25
You Tricky, Tricky Girl. 26
Anonymous. 27
Meet the Parents. 28
Paper. 29
Puke, and Old Friends. 30
Run Away. 31
Emotional Roller Coasters. 32
Bunnies and Cereal. 33
Jealous. 34
Butt Cheek On a Stick. 35
The Plan. 36
Forgot? 37
Gas Station. 38
Romance and Milk. 39
Back To School. 40
It's Not Meant To Be...I'm So Sorry! 41
No, I'm Only Kidding. 42

Special. 21

2.6K 103 15
By tatertots4life

- Rewind -

"Oh, okay. Drive home save kids." He smiles at us. What a bright person, but that sentence makes me shudder. He reminds me of someone...I shake my head to get rid of the memory's. I give a quick hug to Phil, then I follow the guys back to our vehicles. I hop back on Ace, for the third time, Ace is my motorcycle. But before I can back up from the parking spot, Val grabs my arm. I stare into his eyes, that are a beautiful green, with small specks of gold. Huh, I never noticed that before. But why am I noticing it now?

"What?" I ask.

"Why did you stiffen when I said, 'get over it'?" He questions me. Shit, busted.

- Present -

I shrug. "I had a brain freeze, and that was my body's reaction." I lie coolly.

He narrows his eyes at me. "Alright." He says unconvinced. "Are you sure? Cause you know we are here for you. You can talk to us. Just say the w-" He's cut off by me screaming.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I fucking get it! I'm fucking fine! Why can't you just fucking understand that!? Get it through your fucking head! I'm. Fine! You don't have the fucking right to ask me if i'm alright or not! You don't fucking understand asshole! Just leave me the fuck alone! I don't need your stupid fucking pity! Now. Leave. Me. The. Fuck alone!" I spit. I reeve the engine and I quickly leave the parking lot.

As i'm driving I realize, that i'm going have to apologize. Then i'm going to have to explain why I went off on him. And then there going to treat me differently. Fuck, I messed up badly.

------------------------

Val's P.O.V

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I fucking get it! I'm fucking fine! Why can't you just fucking understand that!? Get it through your fucking head! I'm. Fine! You don't have the fucking right to ask me if i'm fine! You don't fucking understand asshole! Just leave me the fuck alone! I don't need your stupid fucking pity! Now. Leave. Me. The. Fuck alone!" Max spat in my face. And before I can say anything, she reeve's the engine and drive's away. Leaving me here glued to my spot, confused as hell. 

Why did she yell at me? Why did she go off? I will have to admit, it's kinda hot when she's mad.  But, just a little. And other than that, it's fucking terrifying. But, why'd did she blow her fuse? She's holding something back from us. I always knew she was, but this just proves my suspicion. But what is she holding back? Do her brothers know? Do her parent's know? Does Elliot know? Does Max's boyfriend know? All these thoughts and questions swarm my confused head.

"Bro, what happened?" My eyes snap to the owner of the voice. Clarence. Should I tell him? No, i'll tell him later.

"Nothing. Just I said that you better get home before some one steals your strawberries. Then she went on a fake rant on how I stole them. And she left." I lie.

"Oh, alright." Clarence smiles. "Well come on, we gotta go."

"Oh, okay. Let's go bitches." I say as I hop into the car.

-------------------

I'm laying on my bed, looking blankly at the ceiling. Mom's out with a couple of friends. And dad's still on the business trip. I sigh out loud, obnoxiously. Then the questions suffocate my mind again.

Is Max mad at me-or is she mad at my statement? Should I go over there and apologize, or just stay here and give her time to cool down? I could text her. That would still give her space...I think. Why is apologizing so fucking confusing. Then again, why are girls so confusing? Should I apologize to her? Or should I give her time? Fuck it, i'll just fucking text, if she likes it or not. I whip out my phone and I press on her contact.

Me: U there?

No reply.

Me: I'm sorry for what I said. Or did...

Still no reply. She didn't even read it. I'll call her.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Nothing. I'll call again. But this time...it goes straight to voicemail. Fuck. I messed up, even though I don't even know what I said!-or did. Well Max, if you won't pick up. I'll just have to come over. I slip on my black converses, I grab my key's and I slide on to my motorcycle. Melody. Yes I named it. And no, I didn't name it after one of Maxes middle names. Okay, fine. I did, but I needed a name, and Melody popped in my head. It was May or Melody. Don't judge. I pull out of my drive way and I drive to Maxes house.

 Before this, happened. I thought me and Max were close, or at least getting closer. Now whatever I did, messed it up. I sigh out load, again. I slowly pull into Maxes drive way. I hop off my motorcycle and I walk up to the front door. I hesitantly knock on the door. Then a very stressed looking James opens the door. Oh thank god it wasn't Jake.

He looks up from the ground, and gives a weak, but hopeful smile.

"Do you know where she is?" He asks, hopeful.

"Who?" I question confused. His weak smile alters to a frown.

"Max. She came in, went to her room, grabbed the wooden box and ran out side. Riding away somewhere."

"Do you know where she would have went?" I asked. He shakes his head.

"No. We may be protective brothers, but we don't go that far to place a tracking devise into her phone or something. But she did turn off her phone." He sighs at the end of his sentence.

"What was in the wooden box?" I ask. He widens his eyes, in realization.

"Oh, nothing. I know what's wrong with her..." He trails off.

"Really!? Please tell me!" I whine.

"Sorry dude. It ain't my story to tell."

"She has a story? I mean a bad past." I ask.

"Like I said, it ain't my story. I can't say anything. But thanks for stopping by. When she comes home, i'll tell her you came over. You want me to give her a message?"

"Uh, sure. Just tell her to pick up my calls."

"Oh, what did you do?" He asks.

I sigh, mind as well tell him. "We went to get ice cream. Me and Max had a fight on how I 'took' her strawberries-"

"Wait. She gave you her strawberries!?" He shrieks, mouth agape.

I nod, a faint smile playing on my lips from the memory. "Yup, ask Austin about the details." I say. His agape mouth turned into a frown. "Dude, what's up?" I ask.

He lightly shrugs his shoulders. "Austin hasn't really been around lately. But that's besides the point. Keep going." He urges. Huh, I wonder what Austins been doing lately?

"Uhm, I told her to get over it," James body tenses, weird. "her body stiffened. Then right when she was about to leave, I stopped her and confronted her about it. She said that she had a brain freeze and that's her normal body reaction, and I told her that we're here, and that she can talk to us. And she blew a fuse. She started to yell at me, and say that I didn't understand. And that I don't have the right to ask her about her feelings. And she took off." I hang my head low. Feeling ashamed. James' hand cups my shoulder.

"Hey, don't take it personally. She'll come around. Your special to her." He smiles at me.

I raise my eyebrow at him. "How do you know?"

"Dude. She gave you her strawberries. I think I said enough." I laugh at his statement.

"Eh, I guess. But i'm not that special." He gives me a pointed look. I roll my eyes. "Whatever. We're just friends. She has a boyfriend." Something goes off inside my stomach. "I hope she still talks to me." I mumble, depressed.

"She'll come around Val. She always does." He smiles genuinely at me.

"But, will she trust me enough to tell her story?" I ask hopefully. He gives me an uncertain look.

"It all depends on her. But, I hope she does. She's been bottling it up for so long. But thanks for stopping by. I'll see you later Val." He waves.

I smile at him. "Yeah, bye James."

"Bye." And with that, he closes the door, and I walk over to my motorcycle. I hop on it, and I leave her driveway. What's Maxes story? How bad was it? Well at least I know for sure that she has had a bad past, and is keeping it to her self. And I know that her brothers know about it. But not sure about her parents, Elliot or her...boyfriend. I hate saying that word.

-----------------------

I pull into my drive way, I pull the key out of the ignition and I walk to my front door. I put the key into the door knob, I turn it and the door opens. I carefully pull the key out of the door knob.

"MOM!?" I call as I slam the door close. No answer. She's still out then. I shrug as I walk up the stairs to my room. I open my bedroom door and find a note on my bed. Weird. I grab the note and I read it. Weirdly hoping that it's from Max.

Stay away from my baby. Or i'll chop off your fucking balls and feed it to your dog.

- N.H

My heart drops a little, knowing that, that isn't her initials. But who the fuck sent this? And how'd they get into my house? Who even is it? Is it Maxes...boyfriend? But didn't his name start with an A? Who fucking knows? She doesn't even fucking talk about him. And he lives miles away, where did Max say she was from? But anyway, is this guy some stalker or something? Damn. I shake my head, throwing the piece of paper on the couch. I plop onto my bed, and I pull my phone, again. I sigh out loud. Max still hasn't texted me back.

Fuck. Why am I so worried? She's a big girl. She can handle herself. But why am I still so fucking worried? Someone please answer my questions. Anyone? No, okay. Okay, something is seriously wrong with me. I'm fucking asking the air to give me an answer. I really need to go to the fucking doctors. I look at the time. Six, forty nine. I'll just watch a movie, to pass the time.

I jump off my bed, well not literally. I go to my movie collection. I'll watch a scary movie, since Halloweens coming up soon. I pick Nightmare on Elm Street. I laugh out loud, remembering when we went to watch that one horror movie with Maxes cousin. Max was so terrorized. Well there I go again, thinking of her. Before I pop the movie in, I send a text to her.

Me: Please talk to me.

Me: James told me that you ran away.

Me: Where are you?

Me: I'm sorry.

I shake my head. Damn, I sound so desperate. But can you blame me? My best friend ran away, with a fucking box. Which contains...something that James won't fucking tell me. She could be almost anywhere. She could be dead...no. No, she couldn't be dead. I slowly pop the movie in and I lay on my bed, waiting for the commercials to end.

How come, ever since Max has got here, My life has be come some sort of roller coaster? Once in awhile there will be a drop, which means there's no drama. Then in less the a second, the cart starts to roll to the sky, creating drama and shit. This roller coaster needs a fucking break.

And what's that feeling I get when she touches me? What does it mean? Why do I get it? And how come it only appears with her? And am I really that special to Max? James said I am. But all she did was give me her strawberries. With only a couple of complaints. But that makes me realize something...she's my best friend, and yet, I barely know her.

Note to self, when I patch things up with Max, get to know her better. Then my phone dings. I excitedly snatch my phone from the night stand, hoping that it's Max. I turn my phone, and disappointment floods through my body.

Clarence: Why isn't Max picking up her phone?

Shit. Should I tell him? Nah. But I do hate lying to my best friends.

Me: Beat's me. Why?

Clarence: I was trying to talk to her about our next prank, for tomorrow. But she didn't answer.

Clarence: And now i'm depressed cause she won't answer me.

Me: Her phone probably died.

Clarence: But isn't she at home?

Me: Does it look like I know? I don't stalk her.

Clarence: 1, I can't see you. And 2, I bet you do. 

Me: Why in the hell would I stalk her?

Clarence: Cause you love her!

Me: Me and love don't work.

Clarence: You never tried.

Me: And I ain't planning on it either.

Clarence: Your impossible.

Me: For any one to get with.

Clarence: Cocky much? And that doesn't make very much sense.

Me: Maybe. And who cares?

Clarence: Whatever, I gtg.

Me: Kay, bye.

Clarence: Bye.

I put my phone back on my night stand. Is it weird that, that conversation made me think of Max? God, I sound so love sick. But the thing is, I'm not in love. Unless being in love with your dog counts...I don't think so. Speaking of the little rascal, I decide to go visit him. I get up from my bed, and I make my way down the stairs. Once I walk into the living room, I open the sliding door, and I make my way to the little dog house.

"Chewy?" I call out. Then a happy little Chewy comes jogging out of the dog house. I bend down to pet him. "Hey little guy." I say, rubbing behind his ears. I decide to sit down on the grass, that needs to be cut. I'll do it tomorrow probably. "Hey, boy. Can I talk about something?" I ask, even though he won't answer. He wags his tail, then lays down by my knee's. Man, I love this dog.

"So, I have this new friend. Well, she really isn't that new anymore. She's been here for a few weeks, but that's beside the point. Anyway, so we were at Uncle Phil's ice cream parlor, or shop-or whatever you want to call it. And me and her, well her names Max, if I haven't mentioned that yet already.

"Anyway, we had a little rant  about how I stole her strawberries. And I told her to 'get over it'. And her body stiffened. And when she was about to leave, I confronted her about it. She told me that she had a brain freeze, and that's how her body reacted. I didn't believe her. And-and she blew a fuse. She drove off as fast as she could. I didn't tell the guys, cause...I don't know. I was scared.

"And ever since I got home, I've been trying t talk to her. And say that i'm sorry. But she turned off her damn phone! And now I feel like a bigger asshole. I went over to her house, but she wasn't there. And I have no idea where she is, or what she's doing. But I do know, that she's hiding something from us. Something big. And I really want to find out about it. But I know that it's a bad idea, to confront her about. I don't even know if she'll talk to me after this! 

"She really is an amazing girl. And I don't want to lose her friendship. Yes, she is stubborn as hell. She can be rude, cocky, and an asshole at times. But she also has this...side of her. That's gentle, kind, caring and vulnerable. But, I've only seen her vulnerable side once. And she looked so broken, so fragile. And I want t learn more about her. But I messed up..." I trail off. And I swear, I thought I heard a faint, 'I'm sorry'. Then I laugh out loud.

"I'm acting like we were dating for five years, and I did something stupid. And she broke up with me. Man, i'm pathetic sometimes. I wonder if she's okay though. James told me she brought a box with her. What was in the box?" I laugh again. "I sound like a fucking stalker." Chewy's head pops up, and he looks at me with sad eyes, like he's trying to say, 'Sorry'.

"Aww, come on boy. You want to come inside?" I ask. He gleefully stands on all fours and wags his tail, barking happily. I laugh at the dogs enthusiasm. "Come on boy! Let's go!" I yell, then I get up from my sitting position, and I run along with Chewy to the sliding door. I carefully open the door, and I walk in, Chewy close behind me. Once I know that Chewy's inside, and away from the sliding door, I close the sliding door.

I walk up the stairs to my room, and I plop on my bed. Then Chewy hops on the bed, next to me. I smile at him.

"You always know how to cheer me up." I say, as I pet his head. Then I start to think of the time, when I was with Max. And she told me about her forest animal, friends. She's really different. Most girls hate to even look at mud. And she'd be the one to throw mud at those kinds of girls and laugh at how they'd shriek. And with that thought in mind,I fall asleep with Chewy laying on my stomach.

----------------------

Hey peeps! So I don't really have a song for this chapter. Anyway, today we had a snow day. And I was jumping with glee, cause I had a test today...that I didn't study for. And probably won't study for. So, have a great day peoples!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
60.5K 1.6K 18
Clarabelle Catherine April Amelia Rose Von Pelt Was seen as an ordinary Teacher's pet, Fearing her secret to be known, she changed her name to Clar...
118K 243 17
My wlw thoughts Men DNI 🚫 If you don't like these stories just block don't report
619K 5K 8
*COMPLETED* Highest Ranking- #2 in Action Chance Wiliams isn't your avarage teenager. She is the bad girl of the school and most feared girl of the N...