Cursed

By anusreeneogi

Now this story is also available as an audiobook in Audible. https://adbl.co/cursed My pain echoed through th... More

Announcement
The Beginning
In the woods
Walking through the woods
The corridor
The next day
Siddharth
Shallow
All alone
The basement
Chatteejee's Mansion
Cousin time
The doll
The tree house
Late at night
The house in the woods
The death
Fear
The diary
Close to death
Where is Pihu?
Who is Nidhi?
Mysteries
Secrets
The Tree
What's going on?
Missing
Have to Save Pihu
Breaking Down
Pamela
Knowing more
Warning
The Mental Hospital

Together Forever

6.6K 375 266
By anusreeneogi

Siddharth's POV

The next day we decided to meet Nidhi in the hospital. It was quite early in the morning when we reached there, Nidhi was already with Ann, sitting on the chair beside her bed, her back facing us. She had the same blue orchids in her hands.

"Why don't you all come in!" She said startling us with her sweet childish voice while her back was still facing us, gesturing us to walk in. Both Anirudh and Ashis looked quite pale and horrified. But I was not afraid of her neither was Pamela. We were determined to find out what was going on.

The bright and tranquil morning rays entered through the large glass windows of the hospital cabin. She looked like a sovereign of peace in the mellow sunrays. Her soft hair flew gently with the cool breeze. She looked at us with a pleasing smile on her plump pink lips. We walked in, a little nervous yet with courage, and sat on the chairs beside her. 

"So you all read my diary!" She said looking at us satisfied. Although she sounded silvery and soft, yet there was an unsettling coldness in her voice that gave us goosebumps. 

"Yeah, we did!" I replied, my voice a little tensed. Even though she was smiling, yet her eyes became watery. 

"Please help us then! Only then you can finally save them!" She said while getting up from her chair, her voice trembling a bit. We all exchanged agitated looks and turned at her in confusion. Ashis and Anirudh were already sweating out of fear and apprehension.

"How can we help you? Who are 'them'? How can we save 'them'?" Pam asked her, her voice choked a bit, yet she tried to be as courageous as possible. 

"You will find out! Just follow your instincts!" She replied smiling while there were tears in her eyes.

We looked at her in confusion, she stood by the windows, the sun rays behind her, enlightened her. She looked at us, her bright green eyes trembled with pain as tears welled up in them pleading us to free her, she smiled gently as she faded away in the bright morning light. All our mouths went agape, she was gone. 

All of a sudden we heard a very soft moan. At once we turned our head towards its direction to find Ann moving slightly. We looked at each other with hope and immediately called the doctor. He came running along with 4 to 5 nurses and made us wait outside the cabin. We waited impatiently unaware of what was actually happening. I felt really scared, scared of losing the one I love so much, yet my heart leaped inside my chest with hope. Hope to hear her again, to see her smile at me. We waited and waited...

Ann's POV

The last thing I remembered was Rita locking me up in that dark room in the attic and an excruciating pain took over me as I fell on the floor and everything went dark.

As I opened my eyes, my blurry vision slowly adjusted to the peaceful surrounding and I found myself lying comfortably on a soft bed, wrapped under a cozy blanket. I looked around, tiny specks of dust seemed to dance in the shaft of mellow morning sunlight that slanted through the half-open window. I sat up, my body felt a little heavy. It was a beautiful room basking in the peaceful sun rays, birds chirping outside made me feel at ease. The distant cold mountains could be seen from the huge french window. The long white curtains flew gently with the cool breeze which caressed away my long open hair. It was such a beautiful place but strangely the room felt too familiar to me.

I could hear a soft giggle coming from outside the house. How did I come here? Where am I? I asked myself completely confused.

I stood up from the bed yawning, the soft carpet underneath my feet felt so warm. As I looked down at myself I was shocked to see my attire. I was wearing a very beautiful, light sapphire blue nightgown. I hurried towards the door of the room to get out when I felt like I saw someone's reflection on the mirror that was situated beside the bed. Immediately I turned towards the mirror and gasped in shock or rather fear. The one I saw in the mirror was a beautiful lady with long brown hair which was up to her waist and a pair of beautiful blue eyes looking back at me.

Immediately I ran towards the washroom, splashed water on my face, and again saw my reflection. But the same beautiful lady looked back at me. Her pale face looked a little flushed with the cold water. As I made different types of gestures the lady in the mirror did the same. Fear crept inside my heart. Is this who I am? Is this me? I asked myself, looking at a completely new person in my reflection.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I heard a very sweet silvery voice calling while climbing up the stairs. 

"Come on mommy! Wake up! Daddy has already made the breakfast!" The same sweet voice of a little girl spoke as she opened the door. A shiver ran down my spine as I saw the face behind the beautiful voice. It was the same girl with green eyes from whom I brought the bracelets. It was Nidhi. She came running towards me engulfing me in a tight hug and dragged me downstairs.

I was completely shocked and at a loss for words. I couldn't understand what was going on around me. As I walked down the stairs I understood I was at my house but its decoration was completely different than what we have now. The furniture was quite old. It looked like I stepped into some antique mansion. Nidhi dragged me towards the breakfast table where I saw a tall handsome man with black hair and familiar ash eyes. 

"Hey, Honey! How are you feeling now?" He asked walking towards me kissing me on my lips leaving me completely startled, all the while holding a slice of bread with butter on it.

"Good morning mom! How are you feeling now?" I heard another beautiful voice of a girl. As I turned my gaze towards the direction of the sound I found a beautiful girl somewhat of age 12 or 13 with long black hairs which were perfectly braided and bright blue eyes looking at me with concern. Unable to understand what was actually happening around I just managed to smile. I couldn't speak, I was too shocked that I lost my voice.

"Good morning mama!" I heard a voice of a young boy who came running towards me from the backyard and hugged me. As he looked at me I saw affection and love in his beautiful brown eyes. He was somewhat of the age of Nidhi but might be a bit older than her. They all made me sit on the chair as they had breakfast. 

I held a slice of bread in my hand, unable to eat anything, as I looked around completely bewildered with what was going on.

"What happened honey? Is the bread too burned?" The tall man asked.

"Huh?" I replied, turning at him, startled, "No..no... it's perfectly fine!" I managed to reply. 

"Are you feeling okay? You are completely spacing out," He replied as he took another bread and spread some butter on it. 

"I... I am okay." 

I took a bite off the bead that I was holding but I couldn't understand any taste, I was too shocked and confused to even feel anything.

Who are these people? Why are they calling me mom? Who am I? What is going on? Wait, am I already dead? Is this the afterlife?

But...but this house? Is this the mansion we were living in? But it looks kinda different!  I asked myself feeling absolutely confused and also a bit afraid.

All of a sudden my gaze fell upon the newspaper that was lying on the table. The date printed on it was 27th May 1949. I went pale. 

"Is this today's newspaper?" I asked them with a shivering voice. 

"Yes! Honey!" The tall man with grey eyes replied smiling at me. No way this cannot happen! How can I reach 1949? What am I doing here? I asked myself, everything was becoming even more shocking around me. Then I remembered about the diary I read. The year printed on it was 1949. Am I living in the Snow family? But how? Wait one second! The diary belonged to a girl named Nidhi! This should be the Nidhi who called me mom here! She looked just like the girl who sold me bracelets! Her name was Nidhi too! Is it this Nidhi who sold me the bracelets? But how can it be possible? She lived in the year 1949! And I live in the year 2016! If it is her then she should be 72 or 73 years old! But she looked somewhat around 6 to 7 years old! And moreover, we heard all the members of the Snow family died! Then how can all this be even possible? Is she... Is ..she a spirit? I asked myself, I could feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead out of fear. 

"Mom! Why aren't you eating?" Suddenly I heard her voice asking me, taking me by surprise. I looked up at her. My eyes met the sweet green eyes of her looking at me with concern. I tried to manage a fake smile on my lips, but I was just way too baffled. 

"Is everything all right honey?" the ash-eyed man asked, he looked concerned and a little worried. I tried to nod and got up from the chair stating that I wasn't much hungry and involuntarily ran upstairs to my room! 

"What's happening?" I shouted as I walked inside the room closing the door behind me. I felt so confused. "Ahhh!" I shouted and fell on the bed with my hands buried inside my hair. Whatever was happening around me was too unusual

I laid there on the soft cozy bed for a while, unable to figure out anything, I sighed and walked up to the window to look outside. It was a beautiful bright morning. The distant tall mountains could be seen. They looked a little darker against the bright morning sky, their peaks covered with snow. Even though it was summer, yet it was a little cold today. A gentle breeze blew caressing my locks. I sat there by the window looking outside. 

There was a beautiful huge tree in the backyard. Well, I guess it's the tree which is still there when I lived in this house with sis Pihu and Rita. Suddenly I felt a strong pain in my head. The pain amplified with every passing second. I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I felt something wet under my nose. As I rubbed my hand there I found blood. What why is my nose bleeding? I asked myself feeling scared. What's happening with me?

Suddenly I felt a knock on the door of the room. I managed to open the door as I couldn't move much with my pounding head and fell off on the ground. 

"Mrs. Snow, what happened?" Asked a lady of somewhat of 30. She was dressed like a maid. Her brown hair was tied in a loose bun. She was wearing a very beautiful necklace too. 

"Mr. Snow! Mr. Snow! Please come upstairs!" She called out and helped me to get up on the bed.

"What happened?" The man with the ash eyes called out as he walked in. 

"Oh! Baby! You alright?" He asked walking towards me. He sat right beside me holding my hand as he kissed me on my forehead. I don't know why, but his kiss or touch brought so much relief to me. 

"Please take this medicine!" That woman with the necklace said, giving me a pink tablet and a glass of water.

As I took the medicine from her I noticed she had 6 fingers in her hand. Suddenly it struck me that after I shifted to this house with my sis, I saw an imprint of 6 fingers on my window on one stormy night. Involuntarily I took the medicine when I heard hurried steps coming up the stairs. 

"Mom!" The three kids said in unison as they ran inside the room and engulfed me in a tight hug.

 "Mommy, are you okay?" Nidhi asked, her soft voice sounded so worried. 

"I am alright" I replied involuntarily. I don't know why but I felt so much bonding with these people that it really hurt seeing tears or worry in their eyes. I don't even know these people but still, something made me feel so connected. What is this feeling? I wondered.

After taking the medicines I felt too weak and dizzy. I tried to keep my eyes open but I failed. I gave up and darkness took me in. The last sensation of the warm hands holding my cold ones faded and cold darkness took its place...

The beeping sound of several machines made me open my eyes. The surrounding was too unfamiliar to me. Firstly I felt everything around me was white, misty, then my eyes slowly adjusted to the bright light and I could see the two doctors whose face was covered with masks looking at me eagerly. 

"Can you see us?" They said waving their hand in front of me making a gesture to gain my attention. Their voice came to my ears like an echo. I tried to speak but I felt like ash stuffed inside my mouth. My throat was dry and I couldn't speak. I tried to nod but couldn't. They constantly tried to get my senses and after a while, my surrounding became much more clear to me. I could hear their voice distinctly and prominently. 

"...w...wa...water..." was the only thing I could speak with a very faint and shaky voice. Immediately the nurses got me some water and I felt relieved. 

"How are you feeling now Anwesha?" One of the doctors asked me. He was quite old, probably in his late 50s. I nodded in positive he smiled and in the meantime the door of the room flung open and I saw Sid, Pam, Sam, Anirudh and Ashis running in. Their expression could not be deciphered. Immediately they engulfed me in a tight hug and started crying. Well, this means I am in my present life and I am not dead! So what was that what I saw? Anyway, I am so happy to see my friends. But the only thing that bothered me was where are Sis and Pihu? I asked myself while they all hugged me. 

As they pulled away I could see their watery eyes. There was a beautiful smile on their faces too which showed relief. 

"We thought we lost you!" Pam said her voice trembling while tears running down her cheeks. I couldn't speak much as I felt too weak so I just managed to smile. As I looked around the room I was awestruck. The room was filled with lots of beautiful bouquets of flowers and chocolates and cards stating to get well soon. There was a beautiful bouquet of blue orchid beside my bed too. It was breathtaking.   

All of a sudden Sid came up in front pushing away all our other friends, with a determined look. His eyes were red and swollen due to crying. His hairs were a mess and so were his clothes. He looked much pale and devastated. He bends beside my bed holding my cold hands in his warm ones and kissed them. Unable to stop his tears to run down his cheeks he hugged me tightly leaving everyone in shock.

"Ann I love you! You are my everything! You don't know how I survived this last week without you!" He spoke sobbing loudly, "I missed you so much! I love you, I truly do! I love you more than words can describe! I love you more than anything! I promise that I will always protect you. I wanna be yours forever, so please be mine!" He said hugging me while my dress soaked in his tears.

I didn't even notice when tears ran down my cheeks too. Yes, I loved him but I never had the guts to accept it cause I always feared that my heart will be broken. But I am no longer afraid now.

"Ann, come on, we all know both of you guys love each other! Just accept him!" Pam said, while rubbing the tears off her eyes, making each one in the room chuckle. 

"I love you too Sid!" I managed to say with my shaky voice. For a second I felt him become tensed but then he hugged me even more tightly like his life depends on me and the whole room burst out into a loud cheer. Even the doctors and the nurses smiled with a 'young love' look on their faces. We both pulled apart and he bent over to kiss me on my forehead which gained another series of cheers and claps which made us blush real hard. I don't know, but it was kind of felt the same as in my dream.

Everyone in the room had tears of happiness in their eyes and a smile of relief on their face. As soon as we pulled apart Sam, Anirudh and Ashis punched Sid lightly as friends do naturally and hugged him congratulating him about us and the room burst out into loud cheers. Amidst the fun both our eyes met and we knew we have found a safe place for our hearts. Our bond has grown enough stronger and for eternity we would be together forever.

Hello everyone...! I hope you will like this chapter. Please let me know how is it going.

Do vote comment and share..!!

Love you all my awesome readers..! 

-Anusree

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 347 14
The dead typically want one of two things. Ghosts crave conversation. Spirits seek pain. My name is Bria, and I've been able to interact with the de...
32.6K 675 9
❝ beware of those who enter the forest. ❞ They are creatures that born from the sublime and haunt those who wrongs them. It was the written rule th...
3.9K 528 18
When a young woman finds herself living in a forest, not remembering how she got there, why can't she leave or even what her name is, she can't help...
996 187 8
When Stella finally sees a home listed for a price she can actually afford, she goes after it without any hesitation. However, as a brand new homeown...