Prison Break ~Fox River~

By Countrysweetheart39

Jessica Donovan is a Chicago detective and the ex wife of the convicted murderer of the Vice President's brot... More

Preface
Pilot
Allen
The Cell Test
Cute Poison
English,Fitz or Percy
Riots, Drills and the Devil Part 2
The Old Head
Tweener
Slight of Hand
And Then There Were 7
Odd Man Out
End of the Tunnel
The Rat
By the skin and Teeth
Brother's Keeper
J-Cat
Bluff
The Key
Tonight
Go
Flight
Prison Break ~The Escape~ Sneek Peek

Riots, Drills and the Devil Part 1

2.1K 34 2
By Countrysweetheart39

     Jessica was running late. She talked to the warden and had her rescheduled for the following day. She was ignoring all of Jason's calls.

Just as she made her way to the door to leave there was a knock. She opened it and Jason was on the other side with to go coffee cups.

"Good I was hoping you would be home." he said pushing his way past her to get through.

"Now is not a good time." Jessica said standing by her door.

"We have to talk about this." he said to her.

She rolled her eyes.

"I have a meeting today. I don't have time for this." she said raising her voice at him.

"You're going to make time Jessica. We have been playing ring a round for a couple weeks now. I deserve to know what's going on." he said getting angry.

Jessica sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers.

"You're right. You deserve to know what's going on. But I can't explain things right now. I have to go." she said turning and waited for him to follow her.

"OK. But we are talking about things. Tonight." he said giving her a kiss on the cheek and walked away.

     Jessica drove into the parking lot of the prison. She had a strange feeling that something was going to happen today. She ignored her gut and made her way inside. She walked through the hall and got to the check in desk.

"Hi. I'm Jessica Donovan. I have a security check today. I'm suppose to be meeting with officer Bellick." she explained to the man.

"Hold on just one minute ma'am." he turned away and got on the radio.

"I'm sorry Bellick is up in sickbay. Here's a pass. You have clearance to every security entrance. Good luck." the man said giving her the keys.

She made her way  through the halls going straight up to Trish's office. She didn't even bother knocking she just went right in. Trish looked up from her desk in surprise.

"Jess? What's going on?" she asked seeing the angry look on her face. Jessica didn't respond just closed the door behind her.

"I want to know how you know Paul Kellerman." Jessica asked glaring at her sister.

That question caught Trish by surprise.

"Paul? You want to know how I know Paul?" she asked trying to stall.

"Yes Trisha. I've seen him at your office. The man threatened me." she explained angrily.

"Not only that he sent in a request at the station to have me suspended! You are the only one I've seen have contact. I want to know how you know him." she demanded standing in front of Trish's desk.

"Fine. I will tell you about Paul." she told her.

      Jessica waited as Trish started to explain.

"I met Paul in college way before I met Hank. And we had a couple classes together. He was really sweet and kind and smart and I fell under his charm." she said to her.

Jessica got a look of disgust on her face.

"Oh my god! " she exclaimed. "You dated him?" she exclaimed with horror.

Trish nodded.

"I did. But it didn't last long because he left school and I haven't seen him until recently." Trish informed her.

"If he's threatening you I can talk to him to back off." Trish said making a show of grabbing her phone.

Jessica shook her head.

"No don't worry about it." she said sitting down and sighing.

"Are you feeling OK? " Trish asked her.

"Are you working on any big cases? You seem really stressed." she said to her already know what case her sister is working on.

"Nothing big. I've just been dealing with other things." Jessica said to her.

"What other things?" Trish asked curiously.

Jessica ignored the question and asked her own.

"Has Lincoln ever been up here to talk to you?" Jessica asked out of the blue.

"Why do you ask?" Trish asked angry that her sister still thinks about Lincoln.

"No real reason. I've just been thinking about visiting him and I just wonder if he comes to talk to you." she said not telling her the real reason why she asked.

Before Trish could respond Jessica's phone rang. She looked at the called ID and seen it was Veronica.

"Donovan." she said into the phone.

"Hey where are you?" Veronica asked into the phone. 

"I'm talking to Trish. What's up?" she said standing up and walking to the other side of the room.

"Good. I need to talk to you. Meet me downstairs." Veronica said before hanging up.

Jessica walked back over to Trish. "I'll be right back. Veronica wants to talk to me about something." she said before walking out the door.

She didn't catch the glare Trish gave her before she pulled out her phone.

     Jessica met Veronica outside in the hall.

"OK so explain that to me again." Jessica said not catching everything the first time.

"Nick is here, and he discovered that the  anonymous phone call that said Lincoln was running from the garage in bloody pants was made in Washington DC?" Jessica asked thinking she got everything.

"Yes." Veronica said.

"And Nick and I are catching the next flight to DC and going to see if we can find any more traces there." Veronica informed her sister.

"Are you sure you can trust Nick?" Jessica asked not sure if she trusted him.

"OK." Jessica agreed.

"Be careful and keep in contact. If you need me I'll be on the next flight out." she told her.

Jessica gave her a hug before heading back up to Trish's office.

      Before she made it back to Trish's office alarms went off. She knew instantly that it was a lock down. She was still in the stairwell. She heard a commotion and watched as inmates came out of no where running down the hall. She watched as one inmate stopped and noticed her. She wasn't scared if it was just one but she backed up anyway.

She backed up into a hard chest. She turned quickly and came face to face with Lincoln.

"Jessica." he whispered before seeing T-Bag eye her up.

He grabbed her and pulled her behind him protectively.

"Well well." she heard him say teasingly.

"If it isn't Linc the sink with a rookie CO and a beautiful woman." she tensed up and slowly moved her hand down to her gun.

"Take those handcuffs off of him now." she said to the CO as Linc turned and held his hands out.

Jessica just stared ahead and keep her focus on T-Bag. Lincoln grabbed the keys off the CO and uncuffed himself.

"Get out of here T-Bag now!" he said in a low threatening voice moving back in front of Jessica.

"Oh I get it you found them first I respect that I do." he looked Jessica up and down.

She glared at him and moved closer to Lincoln.

"But I think we can work something out." he said walking closer to them.

"What do you got?" Lincoln asked him knowing he had to find a way to get Jessica safe.

"I can make your last few weeks here very enjoyable. Some Demerol, some X. I can make you forget all about that chair." he bargained.

Lincoln looked at him before shaking his head. "No deal." he told him moving so he can reach Jessica if he needed to.

"You know what?" T-Bag shouted at him. "You need to know how to negotiate better." he said moving closer to them.

Jessica jumped when she seen inmates come up the back stairwell but luckily caged in. The CO tried to make a run for it but Jessica stopped him.

"Where are you going? You're never going to make it." she said to him.

"Oh whee. We got a tough one on our hands here." Jessica looked up and glared at the five inmates who thought they could take them on.

T-Bag noticed how Lincoln moved instintly closer to Jessica.

"See here Sink no blood has to spill. I see the way you're standing in front of this girly here." T-Bag said licking his lips.

"My best bet is you know her." he gave Jessica a suggestive look.

Lincoln got mad and wrapped the cuff around his knuckles waiting for the fight.

     Jessica got in a fight stance as she watched as four of the inmates moved in closer.

"Have you ever seen one of those safari shows where the animal is all caged up? Guess which one you are." T-Bag said as the inmates rushed them.

Lincoln punched the first one and Jessica kicked and punched at two of them that rushed her.

Jessica seen that Lincoln had two of them on him she rushed to help him pulling the one off him and punching him knocking him out. Jessica turned and pulled her gun on T-Bag.

She turned so she was in front of Lincoln. He just stared and glared at her.

"Oh girly I am going to remember you." he said licking his lips.

Lincoln grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hall running from them. He threw her in a corner and followed pushing himself all the way against her and pressed his hand to her mouth to quiet her.

She tensed when she heard them coming their way but relaxed when they went passed them. Once she calmed down she started to feel the affects of having Lincoln pressed up against her. She could feel every inch of him and she started to remember all the times they spent together. She pulled her mouth away from his hand and put her hands on his chest to push him away but ended up running her hands down his chest instead.

"Jessica." he whispered moving closer to her.

Once hearing her name pushed her out of her thoughts and pushed him away from her.  He looked at her in surprise.

"Are you OK?" he asked her looking her over to look for any wounds.

"I'm fine. I've dealt with worse." she said looking out the hall to see if the coast was clear.

"We need to go check on that CO." she said to him before waking back down the hall.

Lincoln sighed and moved to catch up with her.

"Hold on a minute." he said grabbing her arm when she wouldn't stop.

She angrily pulled her arm back.

"Don't touch me. I have to go see if that man is alright." she told him angrily. "It is my job as a cop." she told him walking away.

They made it back to the stairwell where they were attacked but couldn't find the CO.

"T-Bag must have taken him." Lincoln said

"I need to get you to safety then I have to go find Michael." Lincoln said grabbing her arm.

     Jason was put in charge of the riot. He walked up to the warden who was surrounded by his COs.

"Sir I'm senior officer Jason Clarke. I need a head count of your visitor log and who is all still inside." he said to him.

The warden nodded and had one of his COs grab the log book.

"All the staff and visitors for A wing are in that book. If you need anything else just ask." the warden said walking off taking a call.

Jason looked through the log and stopped when he came across one name.

Jessica Donovan.

      They stopped when they seen a bunch of inmates run down the stairs.

Charles Westmoreland came up to them.

"Are you alright?" he asked Jessica noticing the hold that Lincoln had on her arm.

"Yeah I'm fine. He's harmless." she said moving her arm out of his hold.

"We're looking for Michael Scofield do you know where he is?" she asked Charles.

He shook his head.

"You need to find a way out of here. It isn't safe here for you." he told her.

He looked to Lincoln.

"You need to get her out of here." he said to Lincoln.

"I know." he said grabbing her hand.

"Hey." they turned.

"You looking for a way out? I know where to go." he told them.

"Thanks Terk." Lincoln said moving forward but stopped when he felt resistance coming from Jessica.

"I don't think that's a good idea." she said pulling her hand back.

She looked to Terk then back to Lincoln.

"Something doesn't feel right." she said.

"it'll be fine I promise." he told her grabbing her hand and looking at her right in the eye.

The look he was giving her broke her resistance and she let him lead her down the stairs following Terk. They followed him down an abandoned hallway.

"There's a shortcut right through here." Terk said pushing open the door and leading them down farther into the boiler room.

They followed not knowing that Terk was being paid to kill Lincoln.                                                                                    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 557 36
It's been 10 years... Jessica was returning to Chicago for her high school reunion. She hadn't spoken to anyone from Chicago since she left the night...
13.9K 1.5K 55
When Josie Stevens left home, she did so with her heart in tatters and a desire to escape the pain. Now she's rebuilt herself, as the leader of an el...
99K 1.8K 40
Annabelle Ruzek, the younger sister of Adam Ruzek, starts working for the Famous Intelligence Unit of District 21 of Chicago, Her dream finally comin...
4.6K 28 18
Ellie is found guilty of murdering a man and is sent to fox river what will happen to Ellie been the only girl in a male prison will anyone help her