Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 13

3.2K 56 3
By XSeasonX

Chapter 13

I thought about it. I didn’t want to tell anyone till I was sure. It was 7 already, it was time to go soon and I needed to get this off my mind. This night is for fun. Can’t let some rouge problems ruin it. That’s what alphas are for, I could worry about that later.

I got ready, pulling on some black jeans with a blue and white top, slipping a leather jacket over it. Christmas was in 1 week from today.  Then new years. It was going to be pretty awesome week. We still needed to put up a tree; we were a bit late on that stuff due to the entire dram that’s been going around here.

I runned my hands through my hair. It was good enough, my hair was already straightened. i topped it off with some high black leather boots. It was complete. I walked out the door and over to Chris’s room. Without knocking I let myself in and threw myself on his bed. The light was on in the bathroom and the water was running. He would be out soon. I closed my eyes and let the events of the day flow through and out of me. I needed to stop worrying for once. That’s all I’ve done since I’ve came back here.

The door swung open and Chris came out in some faded denim jeans with a green fleece shirt. It hugged his muscles and I couldn’t help but lick my lips. he looked yummy. His hair was messed around from his shower and he looked hot. he walked over to me smiling, leaned down over me and put his lips close to mine and his arm behind me. Just as I was about to close the distance he pulled away he hand leaving behind my back coming up with  black sweater “just needed to get my sweater” he laughed at my expression. I shot him a amused look. “sooo are Lin and Stacy coming?” I asked. I started bouncing in my seat, I hadn’t seen them in a long time. “um kinda. Lin’s meeting ran late with his dad, but Stacy can come. We’re going to pick them up now. it’s a 30 minute drive so we have to leave now if we want to have a few hours at the carnival .” he said.

I nodded and followed him out of the room. Arrow was coming out of his room the same time we were leaving “hey what ya up to?” I politely asked. “uh well um, uh- mhm never mind” he waved his hand and ran down the stairs. “that was weird”. “yea it was, he never acts like that” I dismissed the thought. I had my weird days to so I was no one to judge.

We walked down the stairs and saw Jace Tara and Luke and Lucas in the kitchen while arrow was in the den with Dustin and Marcus and Jake. Why was he hanging out with them? “Hey guys what’s up with arrow?” I asked as we walked into the kitchen. Everyone shifted uncomfortably. Jace finally decided to answer “well he became friends with Dustin Marcus and Jake but he felt guilty about hanging out with them because of your history with them, so he uh kinda kept it to himself.” He admitted. So that was why arrow was acting so weird.

I didn’t care if he hung out with them, sure I didn’t like them but I'm not going to tell him he cant be friends with them just because I don’t get along with them. ‘arrow I don’t care if you hang out with them. you’re free to do as you want. ‘ I laughed into the link as he looked around and finally spotted me over here with the rest of them. he smiled sheepishly at me ‘thanks I just didn’t know how to tell you’ he said. ‘don’t worry about it’ I waved him off. I noticed that the guys were now looking in our direction. I turned back around to face them “ok well I'm off now, going out with Chris, ill be back laters” I said.

“ok, cya just don’t come back to late of we’re gonna have to go out and find you guys” Luke and Lucas laughed. Me and Chris walked towards the front door, and of course arrow Marcus Jake and Dustin just had to be going this way too. I opened the door and walked out behind Chris, letting the door slam into the persons face behind me. I knew It wasn’t arrow so it was all good.

“Aww Maya that’s not very nice you no” one of them said from behind me. “Well I don’t really care”. “Where are you guys going?” Arrow asked. “The carnival” I replied. “Oh just the two of you?” he questioned.  “Nah we’re picking up an old friend on the way.” I said walking away from them towards the car. Chris climbed into the driver’s side, I was about to get in when Jake pulled me aside.  Chris gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged.

“Maya, I know we had a little bit of a disagreement, I attacked you because Dustin was my Alpha as well as best friend, so I didn’t exactly think before I acted. I'm sorry, I know I haven’t been the kindest to you in the past but I'm hoping you can forgive me.  your different than what I thought you were” he rushed out.

“its ok, you didn’t do that much, it was mostly all Marcus and Dustin, thanks though, I appreciate you actually apologizing.” I smiled at him. he wasn’t so bad of a guy.

He smiled back and pulled me into a hug. I was surprised at first but put my arms around him and hugged him back “Jake lets go!!” the one and only self centered jerk said. “looks like your alpha calling you” I joked to him. but apparently Jake didn’t take that to lightly. “ I don’t answer to anyone.” He said aggressively.  Before smiling back and waving before stalking off to the car with the other three.

I walked back and into the passenger side of Chris’s car and got in “what was that about” he asked as he pulled out. “oh surprisingly he just wanted to apologize for everything, and I don’t even think he knows I'm Dustin’s mate.” I shrugged it off. Everyone deserved a second chance. No scratch that, you have to earn your second chances, and Jake just did.

We rode silently for the next 10 minutes “so I was wondering…” he trailed off. I turned towards him raising a eyebrow.  “did you want to go on a date? I know its kind of soon, but I want to start tings off right. I have a plan and everything.” He said nervously. I laughed a little that was probably what he was thinking about for the last 10 minutes. He seemed so deep in thought and concentration. “I would love too.” I smiled back at him. he smiled right back at me. that smile made me feel happy inside. Maybe things could take a turn for good. Oh who am I kidding , they already are.

20 minutes more we pulled up at Stacy and Lin’s house. I jumped out of the car to knock on the door and let them know we’re here. I walked up to the door, but it opened reveling a beautiful Stacy. She had died her hair a midnight purple. She had on a purple top with some faded black ripped jeans. Her hair was long and edgy, just like her, she had long front bangs that framed her face. I ran up to her a hugged he tight “stace” I exclaimed. “aww mace I missed you so much.” She hugged me back smiling a bright white smile. She had on some purple eye shadow and some lip gloss, she looked absolutely beautiful. I loved how stace was  beautiful in a different way. She had her own original style, sometimes I would even borrow her clothes when we saw each other often enough.

She jumped into the back seat as I walked into the front “aww Chris come ‘ere” she leaned over to the front hugging Chris from behind “hey stace missed ya”.

Along the way we talked about old times. I would have to make a way to see stace more often after this whole mate/rouge thing blew over.

The carnival lit up with whole lot, with the smell of candy apples and cotton candy. The fares wheel was covered in blue and red lights. It was stunning. I grabbed both their hands and pulled them along. To the game part, “oh look balloon darts. I'm so pro at this I wanna play.” I pulled them towards the booth and pulled out $5 handing it to the girl behind the counter.  He gave me 15 darts. I threw one popping one balloon. Another one –pop. “two for two, I'm so gonna win” I said with excitement clear in my voice. This was my favourite game in the whole carnival. “yea sure mace we’ll see where this goes.” They both laughed as I threw my next shot “you distracted me” I glared at them both as the dart stuck way off of my target. Hell it was far away from any balloons “yea sure its our fault” they both doubled over laughing at how bad I was when another one hit the same spot right beside it. “now you got 2 for 4” stace had to remind me. I threw the next one, it popped two in one. “oh what now! that was flipping pro: I threw my hands in the air. This was so fun

By the end of the game I got 10 out of the 15 shots and got a big blue monkey. “here I won this for you” I said throwing the huge monkey over at Chris. “hey it’s the other way round. I was supposed to win you  something” he pouted. I just laughed and walked along side of him. ‘sooo what do you guys wanna play” I asked. ‘well I wanna play that pop bottle ring thing, then we can get cotton candy and go on the fares wheel , fair?” me and Chris nodded in response as she walked  over and bought a whole bucket of rings. This game was so pointless, you never win.  You throw the rings onto a big field of empty pop bottles and hope to get one around the top. The rings were incredibly small. She missed all of them. “Ha-ha stace now who sucks?” I laughed at her failed attempt to throw another one.

“Eh well this one is harder. It’s not fair, I could cream you in balloon darts” she said while missing another one. “ok ill take that bet, after the fares wheel we’ll go back there” I said. I was up for a challenge. I was just that pro. “only you mace” she said laughing at me being over confident. We walked to the line of cotton candy and grabbed two red ones and a blue one. “Maya I don’t get how you can eat that, it’s disgusting” he pointed towards my blue cotton candy as he made a face. I took the opportunity to shove the thing in his face. I little got in his mouth as he made another face and spit it out.

“eww that’s more nasty than I thought” he said. I just laughed at his face while we walked towards the wheel. We walked into line, surprised to see arrow in front of us.  “What are you doing here” I asked. Bracing myself for what I knew was going to come next. ‘Well after you said you were going to the carnival, we thought about it and said it would be fun, so we came along. Didn’t plan on seeing you, but I guess here we are” he shrugged nervously. I threw my head back and groaned.  Great my fun night out ruined by my overly obsessive mate. “so where are they?” I asked. ‘oh they’ll be back in a second they went to get cotton candy”. He finally looked around at Chris and then at Stacy. Their eyes locked and you could see the connection flowing through them.

‘At least one good thing came out of this’ I said to Chris through the link. ‘yea, they’ll be perfect for each other.’ He agreed. I looked over and they were now smiling at each other. They were defiantly mates, a good match finally. But of course the good moment had to be ruined as Jake Marcus and Dustin returned walking towards us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 122 23
it was a crazy night with crazy people. all of a sudden, all the guys are falling for her, her cousin is dead, her brother is gay, and her life is fa...
14.9K 224 16
Y/n was just having a amazing life. Her Parents are loving, has good friends, and she always visiting her favorite place of all, Willy's Wonderland.B...
937 23 48
Anna seems to be unseen. She only has two friends, and one of them is her little brother. She gets bullied a lot at school, and it makes it worse, be...
32 0 15
In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear from everything. Aside from her breakup wi...