Savoring Silence

By MobyChick

Luna Carwinkle is a beautiful, talented 17-year-old girl. The only problem with her is that she doesn't speak... More

#1: Plans
#2: Useless Apologies
#3: Arriving at Bridgeton
#4: Guests
#5: Trouble
#7: Meeting the Guys
#8: Spying with Jeremy
#9: The Shocking Truth
#10: The Dance
#11: You Again
#12: Show Me I'm Boss
#13: Giving In

#6: Roy O'Reilly

107 4 1
By MobyChick

I sat in the Principal's waiting room, nonchalantly kicking my legs and chewing my lip, slightly nervous.I hadn't seen Principal Davis yet, but I heard he was annoying and rude.

As I sat, waiting for my turn, and I felt a soft finger tap my forearm. I shifted in my seat and turned to face the person. My eyes widened and my heart froze. It was a boy. He was very familiar. He had dark brown hair, which was short, and dark blue eyes. He was muscular and lean, with a charming smile. Then I remembered who it was -- It was Michael's friend, who had greeted me at my dorm room, pushing past everyone else.

My eyes fluttered and my heart pounded. I pushed a nervous smile and waved. He grinned at me. My face flushed red.

"Hey," he said, still grinning. "Do you remember me?" He asked. I shrugged, remembering his face, but not remembering his name. He nodded and extended a hand, his familiar muscular arm catching my eye. He caught me staring at it and chuckled. "Roy O'Reilly." He introduced himself for the second time. I nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. His name was catchy, and memorable.

"So, what'd you get in trouble for?" He asked me. I sat confused for a moment, then remembered we were in the Principal's office and I almost smacked myself. DUH! He handed me a tissue and a pen, and gestured for me to write it down.

I pushed Miranda Tanksley to the ground... hard.

I smiled, satisfied with my feat and handed the tissue to Roy, who read the tissue and snorted. He started chuckling, then cracking up, throwing the tissue in the trash.

"Atta girl!" He said humorously and raised a hand for a high five. After a second or more, he cleared his throat, and lowered his hand. "Sorry."

I blushed and nodded, signalling that it was alright. I agreed. He opened his mouth to speak more, but suddenly the Principal's office door swung open and out came a boy with puffy red eyes and tear streaks, sniffling and rubbing his eyes. Roy and I both took a deep breath. He grinned at me.

"Ladies first?" We both smirked and he got up and walked in. The door slammed shut behind him, and I began to fear for him. I hoped the Principal wouldn't be too harsh on him.

__________________

Principal Davis took a seat, gesturing toward the seat in front of his desk. It was red and looked very comfortable. I cautiously sat in the chair,

"So why is it that you're here today, in my office?" He asked seriously, folding his hands together on his desk. I was shocked when I finally examined Principal Davis' face for the first time. I wasn't really "Hot for teacher", if you will, but he was undeniably attractive. He had grey hair, but it seemed to suit him better than any other color, I would imagine.

I sighed and stared at him.

"Ah," He sighed, "Luna Carwinkle. I heard about you," He said, pointing at me, leaning back in his chair casually and crossing his legs. 

"Here," He said, passing me a sheet of blank paper and a pen. He raised his eyebrows and nodded toward the paper. "Go on."

I reluctantly picked up the pen and began writing the whole story.

Miranda Tanksley is Michael Saldana's ex-girlfriend. Michael broke up with her and asked me to prom. She got in my face, so I pushed her down.

I stared at the words in blue ink on the paper, not quite satisfied with my answer. Principal Davis grabbed the paper and quickly read through it. He smirked and nodded.

"Typical girl drama." He grinned at me smugly. "No one was harmed, correct?" I nodded and he gestured toward the door with his hand. "You're free to go."

My eyes widened in disbelief and my mouth gaped open, and I chuckled in disbelief. He reached out and shook my hand, before I stood up and walked out of the door, waving goodbye to him and headed back to my dorm. I had it easy, huh?

__________________

I lied on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly, my iPhone started vibrating in my back pocket. It startled me, as no one ever really texted me, or called me, for that matter. I leaned up, reaching back and grabbing my phone. 

New Text Message From: Unknown Number

I unlocked my phone and opened the text.

Hey. It's Michael. Have you made up your mind about going to prom with me? ;)

--Michael

I smiled, and stared at the text for a moment. My smile faded as I tried to have a serious internal talk with myself. You don't like him! You're not going to prom, ESPECIALLY not with him!! I sighed and hit "Reply".

I'm not going to prom.

--Luna

It wasn't long before I got a new text.

You'll change your mind. ;) They always do.

--Michael

Ugh! You're such a pig!

--Luna

You know you love it. ;) Open your door.

--Michael

Huh? Then, there was a knock at my dorm room door. My heart thudded inside my chest, and I slowly got up and walked over. I grabbed the doorknob and turned it, pulling the door open. Sure enough, there was Michael Saldana, grinning at me like a moron, but looking charming nonetheless.

"Hey, Lu." He looked smug and walked into the dorm, sitting on my bed and looking around, pausing at Miranda's side of the room. His expression sank for a moment, then he looked up at me and grinned.

He wasn't fooling me. He was obviously still hurting over his breakup with Miranda. He would have been in here before, no doubt... It was weird to think about what he and Miranda did on her pink bed before she enrolled in Bridgeton.

I blushed and smiled at him. He smiled back, staringly silently at me, looking me up and down and shaking his head slightly.

"You're killing me, Lu." He stood up and walked toward me. I stood still, looking up into his eyes. They shimmered and shined and my heart melted. Before I had time to react, he was uncomfortably close to me, our bodies almost touching. He reached out and put his hands on my waist, as he did during the fire drill. I looked up at him and stood still, lost in his sky blue eyes and dazzling white smile.

Then, I snapped out of it. He leaned down, tilted his head, closed his eyes, and leaned in. I gasped and smacked him across the face. His head tilted toward the direction I smacked. I had smacked him pretty hard. He looked down, bit his lip and chuckled. He leg go of me and stepped back a little bit, just a foot away from me. My body loosened and I let out the breath I was holding.

"Listen, I'm... really sorry, Lu..." He looked for the right words to say. He chuckled and looked down at his feet, shifting slightly and looking back up at me with a sly grin. "You're just too beautiful to resist." I stared into his eyes, not sure how to respond. So I rolled my eyes and shook my head, a grin slowly creeping upon my face. I tried to stop it, but I couldn't. I laughed. Out loud. His eyes widened and he laughed too.

"That's a first." He said jokingly. He step forward again and I stepped back. "Can I at least have a hug?" He asked, extending his arms wide enough to hug me.  I smiled and rolled my eyes, stepping forward and landing in his arms, hugging him warm torso tightly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed lightly. I laid my head against his chest. Then, the dorm room door opened and I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh. My. God." It was a squeaky high voice. Like a chipmunk... on helium. I sighed. Great. I decided she couldn't do anything drastic to me while I was in Michael's arms, so I hugged him tighter and buried my face in his chest, smelling his rich cologne. It made my knees weak, it smelled so good. I chuckled lightly, but he didn't detect it.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked loudly. She laughed in pity, and slight hurt.

"This is my dorm too, man-whore." She said the last word with such emphasis that it made Michael chuckle.

"Seems I'm not the one whoring around, eh Miranda?" He asked ominously. What was he talking about? I looked up to see a Miranda in her usual skimpy outfit, the buttons of her shirt undone and her skirt shifted awkwardly. Beside her, was a shirtless Roy O'Reilly. His pants her unbuttoned and he was awkwardly ruffling his hair with a hand, his muscles flexing, exposing a hairy armpit -- not unattractively hairy though.

To be honest, I was a little confused. I didn't know that Roy O'Reilly was a man-whore like that. To mess around with Miranda Tanksley? Yuck! I thought Michael was like that, but not Roy. I stared at him in disbelief, still hugging Michael tightly. He breathed heavily as he glowered at Roy.

"I was talking to Roy." He said firmly. I looked up at him and he looked serious. I squeezed him tightly, wanting to calm him down. I slowly rubbed his back, and his breathing slowed.

Roy was completely silent. He looked so ashamed and stared at the ground. He looked up at me and stared into my eyes, apologetically, like he needed to explain. There was nothing unclear about the situation. 

"I-I... Luna... Listen..." He stammered nervously, his mouth opening but little sound came out. He gave up for a moment, but tried to  continue before Miranda interrupted.

"You don't have to explain to that loser freak. She's worthless." She smirked snottily. Roy stared at Miranda in slight anger, and shook his head.

"I can't believe this," He said, turning around and walking away, down the hallway.

"Tell me about it!" Michael screamed after him, lifting up onto his tippy toes to add effect. I giggled and he squeezed me, stroking my hair. I felt so comfortable.

Miranda scoffed and walked out, slamming the door and running after Roy.

"Roy! Wait!"

And there we were, Michael and I, in each other's arms, alone, in my dorm room. It felt so perfect. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 1K 38
This is a Star vs the forces of evil fanfiction about Star and Marco's daughter (Aurora) and how her life changes after she meets her mother for the...
158K 4.5K 46
21 year old Luna Volcy is spending the summer with her family at their beach house in the Hamptons. when her sister decides to invite her best frien...
37.9K 497 19
Maddie Johnson moves to New York with her 2 younger sisters and her mom. Maddie isn't a picture perfect 15 year old she comes to New York with some p...
318 68 34
Get inside a teenagers mind, and start living through their eyes. Luna is a complicated teenager, with an equal amount of dramatic, complicated frien...