Splatoon: A City Divided by C...

By Athena_Rouge

Inkopolis is a city divided by colors. Squids with purple tentacles only hang out with other squids with purp... More

Ch.1 Not again
Ch. 2 Worst Splatfest Ever
Ch. 4 A Set-up?
Ch. 5 Blue

Ch. 3 Talking

276 17 13
By Athena_Rouge

Lacey's POV

5 minutes later.. We were still standing there shocked and confused about what just happened. So far today there was splatfest, then at splatfest a unidentified flying object which we found out belongs to the  octariens, stole the Great Zapfish and apparently a bunch of good and great Zapfish. Definitely was the worst splatfest ever.

"Well that was interesting.." I said breaking the silence. 

"Yeah.." Jaxon said. "You aren't really gonna go are you?" He asked looking a bit concerned.

"I think we should Jaxon.." I said peaking around the side of the alley.  "I mean she sounded serious.."

"Lacey you're joking right?! You know who asked you that?? An Orange squid kid! The befriended clan of the YELLOW squid kids, you know the clan that is always making you feel bad?!"

Tears began to form in my eyes. I hated talking about them. I never knew what I did to make them hate me... But they just do.. "Yes Jaxon, I am aware of that.." I said my voice sounding hoarse and shakey.

Jaxon looked at me with sad eyes. "Look Lacey, I'm sorry. But I am just looking out for you-"

"I know Jaxon... But you know the type of person I am. Even if this is a set up at least I considered doing something for the greater good and I am going if you like it or not!" I snapped. I have never  snapped before. I have always been that shy girl who just doesn't say anything, it felt so wrong. "Jaxon I'm-"

"No don't be sorry, you had every right to say what you did." Jaxon sighed. "I'll be there."

My eyes lit up at his words. "Wait really?!" I said sounding very happy but also confused. "Why?"

"Because you are my best friend and I am not letting you go to that alone. Some ones gotta have your back if it is a set up, and if it isn't saving inkopolis does sound pretty cool." Jaxon chuckled.

I laughed at his answer. I know it's not even funny but for some reason his answer made me smile. I pulled Jaxon into a hug. "Thank you for always looking out and caring for me."

I felt a smile forming on Jaxon's face, he hugged me back and chuckled. "It's no problem Lacey. You know I will what's be here for you."

A light blush grew on my face. Thank all squids it is dark out, So he wouldn't be able to notice. That would be soo embarrassing..

I smiled. "I know" I giggled and released the hug.

"Aye love" Spyke suddenly said causing me to jump and blush a bit. For a moment I thought she was referring to actual love, I totally forgot she called everyone 'love'.

"Oh my squid Spyke you startled me" I let out a breath and calmed down.

"Sorry mate, but you should know I'm always here." Spyke said. I mean he/she (I don't know Spyke's gender sorry :S) had a point. "Just wanted to say if you two are gonna go meet that orange squid tomorrow you should go get some rest. You'll need if you get started on everything.."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion, but still nodded. "Yeah you're probably right, it is really late"

Jaxon nodded. "Yeah thanks Spyke, come on Lacey let's head back to the apartments" He said starting to leave the alley.

"Yeah thank you Spyke!" I chirped before turning around and following Jaxon out of the alley and towards the apartment complex.

The walk to the apartment complex was silent. Not just Jaxon and I, everyone. Everyone was looking down, starting at there shoes while walking. Which was strange, normally inklings that are befriended would ahead run up and talk to each other, or enemy teams/clans would always be staring each other down. Not tonight. This night, everything is silent.

After about 15mins worth of waking we finally reached the apartment complex.
We walked inside the building and went to the elevator, but they have it closed off since our main power source is missing.

"Great.." Jaxon sighed. "Looks like we are gonna have to take the stairs.."

"Wait what?! But us Pink and purple squids live on the top 4 floors!..." I groaned.  Yes the fued between all of us squid kids has also entered the apartment complex. The first floor of for the white, black and gray tentacle squid kids. The 2nd through 5th floor is for the dark and light blue squids, 6th through 9th floor is for the yellow and orange squids. 10th through 13th floor for the green and red squids. And finally the 14th through 17th floor for the pink and purple squids. Joy...

Jaxon stayed back a bit longer to ask the front desk if they are thinking of turning the elevators back on soon. I knew he would probably take a while so I left and started walking up the our apartment... Yes we share... not a big deal gender neutral apartments bro.

While walking through the 1st to 6th floor wasn't that bad. But the 7th floor I heard a noise so I turned my head back to look down the hall while I was walking and when I looked back the first thing I do was slam right into a inkling leaving her apartment causing us both to fall down.

"Hey watch where your going! Ugh.. you pink squids..." She said.

I grew terrified the moment I heard who was speaking. Crawfish.. why me...

"Oh I should have know it was you sailor girl" Maria said standing up and placing her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry Maria, next time I will watch where I am going.." I said my voice shaking.

Maria just rolled her eyes. "Good, Thanks" She said starting walk away. Wait did she just say thanks? I say on on the floor thinking about something to say, but I was speechless and just let her keep walking. Huh...

I then heard footsteps behind me in the hall. "Oh my squid Lacey are you okay?" Jaxon said rushing over to me and helping me up.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine, just a bit confused that's all." I answered truthfully.

"Confused? Confused about what?" He asked concerned and curious.

"It's not important.. let's just get back to our apartments, it might be a big day for us tomorrow. If this whole thing isn't a scam."
I said and then we continued till we finally reached our floor got into our apartments and got rest for whatever is gonna happen tomorrow.

??? POV

I jumped down the manhole to report back to Capt'n Cuttlefish. I've just talked to a few inklings that can somewhat withstand the different color tentacles issue, or so I hope. Squidbeak Splatoon needs more agents now than ever. With the Great Zapfish being gone, the new found power of the octariens and agents 1 and 2 being on a world tour. '3', 'Blue' and I aren't enough to save them like last time.

I landed on my feet after the quick drop through the manhole and started walk to Captain cuttlefish's base. It was much more updated than it was 3 years ago. It actually has technology, which is amazing for Capt'n.  I walked into the base and Capt'n was already there waiting for me.

"Hiya bucko! Did you find anyone that could possibly help us?" Capt'n Cuttlefish asked me.

I sighed. "I talked to people about it... I have no clue if they will actually come though" i said mumbling the last part. Capt'n sighed.

"Are y'all squids still not speaking to other squids of a different ink color?!" Capt'n asked sounding a bit in disbelief.

"Yes Capt'n.." I sighed. "I don't understand why though, it has never been like this.. has it Capt'n?" I asked.

"No it hasn't, back in my youth tentacle colors never even mattered, we where more worried about the rising tides and then the great turf war..." He sighed with a sad expression slowly taking over his normally happy mood.

I sighed. "I'm sorry Capt'n... I wonder what caused everything to change.."

"Same here Bucko.." Capt'n sighed. "Well you should head back to your home and rest Agent Orange. You wanna have some energy for tomorrow when/if we train the new recruits tomorrow."

"Yeah you're probably right Capt'n" I said walking back towards the manhole. "Later Capt'n! See you tomorrow!" I said and jumped down the manhole and headed home. Hopefully tomorrow goes well..

//End of CDBC Chapter 3. Talking\\
Yayayayayayayayayayayay!
3rd chapter finally out! Woohoo!
Anyways I was thinking about doing a character/oc contest since a lot of you guys have ideas for the story and seem to like it. Lemme know if that is something u all would like me to do if ya interested. Okays well I will see ya in the next chapter. Byes! ~Athena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 9.4K 25
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
430K 6.6K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 19.3K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
147K 3K 45
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...