Beautiful War {Peaky Blinders}

By xoxo-anonymous

"She is kind, heart made of honey. He is reserved, the opposite of sunny. No one would ever think they would... More

00. #1
00. #2
01.
02.
03.
04
05.
06.
07
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
37.
38.
39.

13.

11.1K 249 8
By xoxo-anonymous

╔═══════════╗

'𝙔𝙊𝙐❜𝙑𝙀 𝙂𝙊𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

After throwing one more punch to her tiny, beaten body James stared down at what he had done to her. Not an ounce of guilt or remorse entered him. He knew it wouldn't be long until the Shelby's arrived to her home, so he grabbed his things from the table and hurried out into the street, the cold evening air slapping him across the cheeks. He quickly hurried down the street and out of sight before they could get to him, but by then his damage had already been done.

Minutes later the Shelby family car pulled up outside of her small home, the brakes screeching as they stopped suddenly. They all hurriedly ran from the car to the front door and without a struggle, Tommy raised his leg and used all his force into kicking the lock from door, gaining them entry. Tommy ran ahead of his brother and straight ahead into the living room. There he saw her laid curled up into a ball, blood staining her dress and her hair was no longer pulled back into her tidy style.

Slowly, Tommy approached her unconious, broken body and leaned down to where she was laid. When he rolled her over he got to see the full extent to what James had done to her and it threw him back, it sent a cold shiver throughout his body. "John get the fucking car started up and Arthur you get the doors for me. We need to get her to that fucking hospital now!" Tommy ordered as pushed a strand of hair away from her face and slowly wrapped his arms around her, picking her up into his arms.

Both of them followed the instructions given and Tommy carried her out to the car, careful so that he didn't hurt her anymore than she already was. He laid her across the back seats, with her head softly placed down in his lap. As John drove, Tommy kept his eyes on her face, seeing her in that way fore his heart from his soul. He slowly ran his fingers through her hair, pushing it back behind her ear and out of her face.

"You just concentrate on Victoria. John and I will deal with this fucker, he'll wish he never got involved with a Shelby lady and that's a fucking Peaky Blinder promise!" Arthur spoke, glancing back at them from the front passenger seat. Tommy's mind couldn't concentrate on whatever his brother was saying, everything he was saying was almost like a blur. All he could think about was his little lady.

The car soon pulled up outside the hospital, John didn't take no notice on where he was supposed to park. Tommy carried her inside with his brothers close behind, the beaten body in his arms and his distressed state was enough for numerous nurses to rush over with a trolley. He laid her down on the trolley and was ordered to sit down before they rushed her down the corridor and out of sight. Trust wasn't something Tommy had much of, but he had to trust that the hospital staff would take care of her.

Arthur, Tommy and John all sat down on the black, hardened seats in the entrance of the hospital, ready for someone to come back and give them news. After a while, Tommy turned to face his brothers and shook his head. "You two head back and inform everyone on what has happened. First thing in the morning, take everyone back to Small Heath and look after everyone. I'm going to stay here for her and once she's out of here I will sort James out. But right now, she's the priority, not him." Tommy explained, pulling his cap off from the top of his head.

Arthur and John both stood up, straightening themselves out, it was time for both of them to step up for the family while Tommy was down. "Keep us informed on what's happening." John nodded before they both walked on out of the hospital leaving Tommy to himself.

Once his brothers had left him, Tommy decided to lay himself down across the three chairs as comfortable as he could and crossed his arms against his chest. He was going to be in for a very long night as he waited for news, so he thought he would atleast make himself comfortable.

Three long days passed by since they had arrived at the hospital, three long days since he had seen her. The doctors and nurses that attended to Victoria gave him frequent updates on her state, yet they didn't want him to see her until she had came around properly. It had been like hell knowing she was only a few doors away and being unable to see her. They had informed him that she was ready to leave their care and to continue to recover safely at home. The thought of seeing her filled him with more excitement than he had ever known so when his brothers came with clothes for Victoria, he had asked them to bring him in one of his newer smart suits so he looked well for her.

Just as Tommy had left the side room in the hospital and finished getting himself dressed in the fresh suit, the nurse walked out from her room and over to where he had stayed. "Now Mr Shelby, are you ready to see Miss Owen?" She questioned with a light smile, but she already knew his answer. Not once had he left the hospital, they didn't even need to question his love for her.

The nurse remained a few steps ahead as she guided him to her room, it wasn't until they almost reached her door that he had began to fill with nerves he had never felt before. Once at her room, the lady left him to it so she could continue on with her nursing duties. Tommy let out a soft sigh before he slowly twisted the door knob and entered into the room they had given her. His entrance alerted her and she glanced up to the door and Tommy was able to see the cuts and bruises that plastered across her face. It blew him away how anyone could lay a finger on her, let alone leave her in this state.

Remaining quiet, he walked over to the bed in which she was sat on, all nicely dressed in the clothes that Arthur and John had brought in for her. Her hair had been pulled back into a bun and closed off with her pearl pin, a few loose strands that hung around her face. Tommy sat down in the small chair that was placed beside her bed and reassuringly placed his hand on top of hers. "I had spoke to the people in charge and they had said that they would only let you go if you had family at home to take care of you during this recovery time." He explained, running his thumb lightly across her bruised knuckles.

She looked up at him with tears threatening to fall, "but Tommy I don't have a family anymore. My mother and my brother are both dead and my father is God knows where." She spoke, her voice breaking with emotion. He slowly raised his hand and softly wiped away a fallen tear with his thumb. "You do have a family. Both I, John, Arthur, Ada, Finn, Michael, Polly, Uncle Charlie, Curley and even Johnny Dogs, we're your family." Tommy explained in a lower tone of voice as he lightly placed his hand on top of hers.

"And I am not going to leave your side. Together we can either go back to your home in London, or we can go back to Small Heath." He continued, keeping his eyes locked with hers.

Slowly, Victoria climbed down from her bed and held onto the side for stability. "Can we please go back to Small Heath, I can't bare to stay in London anymore.

Victoria slowly climbed down from the bed, "please can we go back to Birmingham, I can't bear to stay in London."

He nodded as he stood up wrapping his arms around her. "Whatever you want" he whispered.

She laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes. It was the first time she had felt safe in such a long time.

"It's okay, darling." He spoke pulling himself back.

Tommy smiled softly as he picked up her bag of things, "lets get you home. Everyone has been missing you dearly."

Victoria linked arms with him as they both walked outside to the car parked up. Thankfully Arthur had dropped off the car so they had a way of getting home safely.

It would be too risky to take her on a train, especially with a Peaky Blinder by her side.

He helped her into the car and laid the blanket from the back seat across her legs before getting into his side.

"I've cleared my schedule for the next few days so that I can help look after you," Tommy nodded starting up the car.

She looked back at him and let out a soft sigh, "honestly Tommy I'll be fine while you're at work... please don't change your life around for me" she whispered.

"You've just been beaten to a pulp, you were bleeding internally...please don't ask me to leave you. I need to know you're safe for my own sanity." Tommy nodded glancing back at her as he drove.

Victoria wrapped herself up in the blanket and let out a soft sigh before closing her eyes allowing the sleep to overtake her.

---

By the time Victoria woke up it was clearly later in the day, the sky was turning a darker shade.

She had woken up in Tommy's bed with no sight of him.

Slowly she climbed out of bed and walked down the stairs.

Everything she did had to be done slowly to avoid further pain to her body.

"Is anyone here?" Victoria called out.

Michael walked out of the living room as he watched her. "They're all out getting some things in, Tommy didn't want to leave but Polly made him..its the first time hes been out since you were hurt."

Victoria nodded slowly looking up at him as she gripped her side.

"Is there anything I can get you?" He asked.

"Where did Tommy put my pain relief? The doctor gave me a bottle of solution to take for the pain.." She asked with a soft whisper.

He pulled a small bottle from his pocket and held it out, "Tommy told me to give it to you when you woke up."

She took the bottle and opened it taking a mouthful of it before slipping it back into her pocket.

"I'm going to go back upstairs, I think it's better if I stay upstairs until the cuts and bruises on my face have gone down, you all don't need to see the mess.." Victoria nodded turning back to go back up.

Michael stepped forward putting his hand on her shoulder softly, "you don't need to hide away because of your bruises...especially away from this family. We accept you and we all love you, cuts and bruises included."

Despite them getting on the wrong foot when she was here first, he was really starting to get into her good books.

"So please don't think that you have to hide away because of what that silly excuse of a man did to you. Don't let him control you now you're free." He spoke softly dropping his hand away.

She turned back to face him, "but I'm scared Michael, the thought of having to leave the safety of Tommy's bed or even this house...it scares me" she whispered.

He pulled her softly into a hug rubbing her back lightly, "it'll get better I promise. If it helps then I'll make sure that there is at least two of us around you if you do choose to leave the house."

She pulled her self back away after a moment looking back up at him.

"But I don't want you all having to change your life for me.." Victoria whispered softly.

"Listen we aren't doing this because we have to. We aren't doing this because Tommy promised Danny that he would protect you no matter the cost...We are doing this because not only do we love you, but we all care for you deeply." Michael nodded with a smile as he stepped back.

"I'm going to go back upstairs to read some of my book. If you're going to go out anywhere, please lock me in." She smiled softly as she slowly began walking back upstairs.

He watched her and let out a content sigh, "I'm not going to leave you until someone else is home. If there's anything you need or want then please don't hesitate to ask."

She nodded to his words and closed the bedroom door behind herself, climbing into the middle of Tommy's ginormous bed with one of the books she had found.

----

A few hours later and she still had her nose in the book, reading someone else's world made her forget about how terrible her own had become.

A soft knock on the door caught her attention away from the book.

"Come in!" She called out, however part of her was scared that it would be James...

Tommy popped his head around the door before stepping inside closing it behind him.

A smile crept up on both of their faces as they caught sight of one another.

"Now Michael has told me what you two spoke about earlier... To show you that we really care and we really do want you here, we have set something up downstairs for you." He nodded as he sat down on the end of the bed.

She slowly climbed out of bed, pulling her cotton dressing gown over her pajamas before walking to where he sat.

Tommy stood up taking a hold of her hand, leading her out of the bedroom and down the stairs.

Without needing to be told, he walked slowly so that he didn't put any pressure on her to keep up with his usual fast pace.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs he opened the living room door and stepped aside allowing her in first.

A smile erupted onto her face as she took in everything.

All of her favorite foods and treats spread across the large dining table.

In the corner of the room a pile of trunks had also appeared.

"Whose trunks are those?" she asked looking around the room.

John stepped forward and smiled, "we wanted you to know that you are part of our family and you are wanted around here. So we all went back to your London home and cleaned up the mess... but we also packed up most of your belongings and brought them here.

A single tear left both of her eyes as she admired all of the effort they had gone to to make her feel welcome.

"Thank you.. to all of you. All of the kindness is so greatly appreciated and I'm so lucky to have you all in my life. One day I will make it up to you all." She smiled wiping her eyes.

Tommy wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pressed his lips to her head softly.

Finn chuckled softly, "I'm starving, can we just eat already?"

Finn's statement caused them all to erupt into laughter as they all took their seats at the table.

Hopefully this would be the beginning of the happiness spread throughout the family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 262 53
Just imagines about the iconic Shelby family from Small Heath, Birmingham, England!! You can watch Peaky Blinders on BBC UK and Netflix
1.1M 29.1K 93
"Realising how fucking beautiful you are suddenly sobered me up" Anna Smith, the girl who was brought up in a tiny village, sheltered naively from al...
376K 6K 31
This story is about the youngest member of the Shelby family, Vive. Together with her brothers she grows up under the smoke of Small Heath. Surrounde...
338K 6.9K 44
Tommy Shelby and his peaky blinders have the run of Birmingham and are quickly expanding to London. When a mystery woman is seen out and about it cau...