Adopted by Andrew Lincoln

By bbffhjnnfdx

She's been in foster care since she can remember. All day she gets treated badly, and bullied by some of the... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

6

2.9K 66 14
By bbffhjnnfdx

1 week later... Adoption Day.

Ashley's POV

Adoption day has come around yet again, and I'm secretly getting ready to go down there. I thought about Mackenzie's threat, and decided I'd sneak down when she was somewhere else to try and get adopted. Not like it'd happen, but you can always dream.

I brushed through my long hair, and put it up in a pony tail. I never really liked having it down too much. I got on some blue denim jeans, a plain white shirt, and some black converse.

I looked at the clock. 12:45 it read. The adoption people should be downstairs by now. I sneakily walked down half of the steps to see if Mackenzie was anywhere in sight. Seeing that she wasn't, I walked shyly down the stairs.

I saw the same amount of people that were here last time, about 8 couples, and yet there was that lone man. Andy. I sat down on a chair too shy to walk over to anyone.

I saw Andy looking around, and when he spotted me he walked right over. "Hey Ashley, how are you on this fine evening" he said looking around.

"I'm. Okay..." I said looking up at him. "Why do you keep coming back here if you never adopt anyone?" I questioned him.

"Well I actually was hoping that'd change today" he said happily, then he walked away.

Such a weird man. I thought to myself.

That's when I noticed him walk over to the head desk, and started to sign papers all while making small talk with the woman at the desk.

I watched Andy until someone came into my line of sight. Sighing knowing who was there, I looked up to see Mackenzie, and her 2 friends by her side. "What are you doing down here?" She asked aggravated.

"I'm just sitting here talking to no one minding my own business" I said quietly.

"I already told you what would happen if you came down here today" she said getting in my face. I swallowed hard knowing what she was talking about. "Lets teach her a lesson girls" she said looking at her friends nodded.

Mackenzie and her girls then threw me from my chair, and Mackenzie picked me up off the ground throwing me to the wall, holding me up against it forcefully. "This is just a warning. You do anything stupid like this again and I won't hesitate to get my friends to hurt you worse" she stated walking away.

That's when I noticed one of the workers here in the orphanage walking over to me, her name is Sam. "Hey, go get your stuff" she said sweetly.

"Why? I still live here, why would I need my stuff?" I asked confused, and still shaken up from what happened a few minutes earlier.

"Oh sweetie" she said sitting down next to me "you're being adopted" she said smiling.

"This isn't some sick joke right?" I asked not believing her.

"No it's not, now we don't want to keep him waiting. Go grab your stuff and meet me by the door" she said happy for me.

"Okay" I said running up to my room.

I'm getting adopted? Me. Adopted. Wow I must be dreaming. I pinched my arm to see if it was real. It was. "Ouch" I mumbled rubbing my arm.

As I got to my room I grabbed a grocery bag that was on the floor, and put what little clothes I did have quickly putting them in along with my hair and tooth brush.

I grabbed my bag and walked to the front door, waiting to see who I was being adopted by. "What if they're mean?" "What if they hurt me, like anyone I've ever trusted has?" "What if they kick me out, and don't love me" What if, what if, what if. I don't think I can do this, but I have to otherwise Mackenzie will hurt me.

Taking a deep breath I waiting for the person to come to the door and take me to my new life. "Hello?" They questioned, but I knew who the voice belonged to.

I turned around and saw Andy there. "Hey, Andy your the one adopting me?" I questioned.

"Yep" he said sticking his hands in his pocket. "Alright let's get to the car, and go home" he smiled putting a hand on my shoulder.

I tensed under his touch, cringing not liking being touched. Ever since my father I had never liked being touched, even in a friendly manner. "Um, Andy?" I said.

"Yea?" He said looking down on me.

"Can you please not touch my shoulders?" I asked not trusting him.

He nodded and removed his hand, as the air was filled with awkward silence. "Oh. Sorry" he said meaning it. "Lets go now" he said quietly, as we walked to the black car and got in.

We drove for about 10 minutes until we got stuck in traffic. "So, how old are you exactly?" Andy broke the silence.

"Oh um, I'm fourteen" I said quickly, looking at my fingers. "How old are you?" I asked back.

"I'm forty-three" his accent taking over. Silence taking over the car once more.

I looked out the window as traffic got moving again, only seeing blurs of cars passing by. That was until I noticed we were going up a driveway. "Is this your house?" I asked, he nodded. It was a decent size house, two stories, and a pool in the back that I could see.

Andy turned off the engine and turned to me "let's go inside, I have a room made for you" he said happily. "Alright" I smiled at his kindness.

We got out of the car shutting the doors on the way out and walked to the door. Him taking out his keys, and me waiting with my bag of clothes. "Alright so, the room upstairs first door on the right is yours" he said struggling to open the door.

"Sounds good to me" I smiled.

We walking into his house, and it was a nice house. "I'm going to go check out that room. Is that okay?" I asked permission excitedly.

"Of course" he said laughing.

I ran up the stairs as soon as he finished talking. I found the room he was talking about and saw a twin size bed, a decent size closet, a nice tv on top of a dresser, and a desk with drawing material on in. I smiled widely, glad to have a new home. "This. Is. Amazing!" I shouted before diving onto my bed and laying on my stomach. This is one of the only times I've felt truly happy, and not worried about anyone ruining it.

I then turned to the door as I heard a knock. "May I come in?" I heard. "Of course. It's your house" I chuckled watching Andy walk through the door, and sit next to me. "So since you don't have a phone, I thought that we could go and get you one so if you need me you can contact me" Andy said. "That'd be awesome. If you don't mind?" I said. "Not at now. Now let's go" he said walking out the room.

I got up and quickly looked into the mirror to see if my hair looked decent, patting my hair back and pulling my pony tail I decided it looked okay. I hopped down the steps and went out side, closing the door behind me and got into the passenger seat of Andy's car.

"Let's go!" He said fist bumping the air making me laugh and copy him. "Onwards!" I shouted chuckling.

We drove down the drive way and out to the highway. We eventually made it to a store that read Apple across the top. "Weird name for a phone store." I thought. The car stopped in a parking spot, and we both got out of the car, him locking it.

We walked into this store I knew nothing about, and saw phones, tablets, and computers. "Cool" I whispered to myself before following Andy as he walked up to the counter.

"Hello sir, id like to get a phone for Ashley over here" he said pointing to me. The man looked shocked as he looked up from his computer seeing Andy. "Oh. Oh my god. You're Andrew Lincoln." He started breathing fast as Andrew laughed. Where as I was very confused. "Yes I am" he said chuckling. "I'll go get your phone right away. Would you like the newest version?" The man asked. "Yes please" Andy said politely watching as the man nodded before running off to the back.

I decided not to say anything at the moment to Andy. Maybe he's well know around here. I shrugged my shoulders at the thought.

The man soon came back with a white box that on the side read IPhone 7. "Here you go sir have an amazing day" the worker said shaking Andy's hand before we walked out of the store to the car.

As I sat down he handed me the box, as we started to go back to his house. "So....Lincoln? As in Abraham Lincoln?" I questioned only making Andy laugh at me. "No it's only my screen name, it's easier than my real last name" he said.

We soon reached the house and as we were walking in I asked him "screen name? Are you on tv or something?"

Andy looked at me responding "yea I was going to tell you but since you didn't exactly have tv, I thought I'd tell you later"

"Oh okay. I'm gonna go up to my room, and figure out how to use this phone. Good night" I said, turning to go upstairs.

"Alright. Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite" he said making me turn around.

"Oh, so you have bed bugs here?" I said sarcastically, waiting for his reaction. He looked unsure of what to say. "I'm just messing with ya" I said waving it off "good night" I said going into my room to mess with my new phone.

Today has been a good day.

Kind of a long chapter. I might post another one tonight :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 64 13
[๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ด๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”จ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ค ๐”ก๐”ข๐”ž๐”ก] โ€งโ‚Šหš โ‹…* โ€งโ‚Š ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š›, ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š•๐š˜๐šœ๐šโ€งโ‚Šหš โ‹…* โ€งโ‚Š [๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐š• ๐š๐š›๐š’๐š–...
67.7K 3.1K 46
A young girl who has been in foster home after foster home never staying in one place always unsettled when she moves to a new town with a new foster...
2.9M 66.3K 34
Ashton Heart didn't have an easy life. She was bullied every day because of her weight, her looks and worst of all, her father. She's bullied by the...
2.5K 72 8
๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ๐ฅ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฑ๐จ๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐‘๐ข๐œ๐ค ๐†๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ. ๏ฟฝ...