Arla

By wordsdowonders

Aria is the first born female of alpha of the Olympic pack. Female alphas are not found simply because they p... More

Rules
Klaus
Pain
Thirty nine days
With my life
The night
Deep
Tell me
Dinner
Pawns
Hierarchy
Visitors
Fate
My Home
Calling
Oasis
Need
Luna
Die Trying
Struggle
Blood
Choice
Howl
Limit
Boarder
Same
Consequences
Knuckles
Sea
Edge
Time
What if?
Home
Priority
Tears
Daughter
Plans

Gravity

1.8K 111 6
By wordsdowonders

Klaus Pov

I mind link Damien to be alert. I don't want to take a risk at a battle field where I life and death is just a matter of a second. I follow her to the temporary infirmary , her naked body is on display to everyone's eyes.

She just stares at him, allowing the pack doctors to do the necessary to stop the bleeding and attend the wounds.

One of the juveniles gives her a t-shirt as if she could not bear the radiating heat and power from her exposed skin.
She just puts it on without a word.

Adrian is a mess but I could tell he's fighting to live , a man's need to survive. I wonder what kind of determination could keep a heart beat when your body is not cooperating.

Autumn puts some kind of liquid on his neck. Reaction is instant . He is withering in pain.

" We need to take him back to the pack" Autumn's voice is soft ,yet spoken with authority.

I ask two of my warriors to do the preparation. I know they didn't like the idea of baby sitting the person who destroyed their brothers. But they know better than to object me.

Arla doesn't get in the truck. Her feelings hidden from the world . She just kisses his forehead then his lips.
"I will never let you go " she murmurs to the body who has no ears and walks away .
My heart is so heavy with what I'm seeing. They're twins , of course they share a special bond. A sister's love for her brother.
Her mind blocks me so I don't know what she's doing but Damien mind linked me saying that she's commanding the Olympic wolves .

I wait till she reveal her plan. If she becomes the Olympic alpha, will she leave me? Mere thought of that kills me. She cannot. She won't.

I could smell her before I saw her.
Her eyes more powerful and strong than before.
" I won't be able to come home for a couple of days "
Isn't this what exactly I told her? I was worried about her brother 's attack. But I deep inside I knew she was innocent in all of this.
She doesn't say anything else, waiting for me to take.
I make the same mistake she made two weeks ago. I wanted to know where will all of this lead us. Yet I say none, neither does she.

I silently watch as the ships sail off the harbor full of Olympic wolves and Titan wolves. I don't know how the Titans are involved in this. My wolf trying to take over not being able to watch his mate leaving him . Yet I'm strong enough to understand this. She is returning to the land that she was born to lead.
We never were compatible yet I could not guarantee that I could give her the space she needs , at least not for long.
Couple of days
She said.
Damien watches me silently. "we're all ready to leave alpha "
"How many more Damien ?"
Even though Kaden was my brother Damien has always been closer to my heart. I need not to be specific, he just knows.
"8 more alpha, it's all 42 in total"
I would remember this wolves , the fallen. Who sacrificed themselves to do their duties, to protect their loved ones.
Journey back is unusually calm. No body questions about their Luna. They know better.
Females are all outside waiting for the return of their mates. Other male wolves joining them to welcome us back.
My eyes don't see Kaden.
"Son" My mother hugs me kissing both my cheeks.
"Where's Kaden?"
"Learning his place "
I don't like the riddles she speaks.
"Where's Arla"
I give her the answer she gave me. Avoiding the question.
"Learning her place "
"Go get cleaned up, we'll talk after lunch"
I nod and go to my room needing the space now than I have never wanted. As the hot water sooth my mussels I realize that she really is gone. To where her destiny calls.
Food is always good in my pack. Yet I fail to enjoy the taste in my frozen taste buds. I just eat to sadist my hunger as I didn't eat anything for days. Three days of traveling has made all of us tired.

My mother comes in without knocking. She lays beside me on my bed head on my chest. I put my fingers through her hair, trying to comfort her from whatever the hurt she's feeling.
"Kaden accused Arla a traitor at the pack meeting " I stiffen. How dare he. My mother continues without wanting a reply from me.
"She had to teach him who was in charge. She didn't fight to hurt, just to get his submission "
"Where is he?"
"In his room , recovering "
I sight.
"She left momma"
"Why did you let her? Did she not worth the fight?"
"She is born to be an alpha mom , she won't be happy by just being my Luna. It's where she belongs "
"She is your mate Klaus, moon goddess doesn't make mistakes. You have to find a way to make all this right. Without you , she will be weak and without her , you will be weak"
" I don't know how to do this mom. I just can't "
"Don't give up on her son , that's all I'm asking from you "
We lay in silence. Words too heavy for our already tired souls.
When I wake up my mother has left, in a way I'm great full.
I resume by routine before I met her. Not allowing my personal failure affect my pack.
Yet at nights I dream about a beautiful woman with midnight black hair. I wake up in the middle of the night with a need that fails to be fulfilled by my rough hand. I need her .

"Let's go get her Klaus " Damien says out of no where. We are alone in my office room.
"There is no need Damien "
His laugh catches me off guard " You can fool everyone Klaus but you can't fool me, You don't see this now but you're killing what you two could have"
"Then should I leave Amazon and live with her at Olympic "
His green eyes get cold with concern, "No you have to bring her back "
"She is the Olympic alpha, I am the Amazon alpha. If I'm not willing to sacrifice what makes you think that it's fair for her to sacrifice?"
He has no words for me.
"I'm going to visit some of their families " I say standing up .
He nod , understanding I meant the families of the fallen. I personally visit their families, sharing their sorrow, paying attention to their needs. My alpha blood pushes me to care for my people and my heart goes to those who have lost their loved ones by standing by me.

I silently walk to the healer's room. I have been postponing this visit but I wanted to see him. He has not woken up since the fight. His body soaked in oil, and covered in different types of leaves and soil.
I look at his peaceful self, in his sleep he looks less troubled. Unlike their wolves the human side has nothing in common to these twins, except the eyes.
I wish he would wake up,so that I could look at his beautiful eyes her eyes.
" He found his mate alpha"
Mazikeen' s voice brings me back to earth.
" Titan Beta's daughter, taking over Amazon was his Mura "
Not it all makes sense, Titans has their rituals in mating like all other packs. Muras are the challenges that the males must win inorder to win their mates. Adrian was used as a pawn. His determination to fight Amazon was mesmerizing yet what kind of an alpha would declare war on another pack?. Nothing is important than the pack. Then again he was never the alpha, it was never meant to be.
"Will he ever wake up? I ask her after few minutes "
" He will, but it's good if we can get his mate to visit us ,it accelerates the healing "
" Titans wanted war" I speak solemnly. "I am not going to invite enemies to my den Mazikeen, his stay alone is wrong "

She doesn't respond, we stay for a long time looking at the man who changed it all. Somehow he brings unusual calmness to my restless mind. It feels like a part of her is here with me ,helping me to get through the lone days.

"Brother" Kaden speaks sitting next to me. Taking the seat where Mazikeen was , a moment ago. I wished he would just walk past the room, not coming to inside.
"Brother "
I acknowledge him not looking away from Adrian.
"Do I have permission to go to Olympic?"
"No"
"It's partly my fault that she left Klaus, I was wrong to insult her like that, had it not been for me she wouldn't have left "
I look at Kaden for the first time .
"You were wrong little brother but you are more wrong to try make it right "

Kaden looks away first not being able to hold my gaze for a long time.
" We must do something , we can't stay without a Luna. Wolves talk how devastated you are without her. They say It's just a matter of time until you break completely "
"Only way would be to take what is hers by force and take her with us. Is that what you're asking me to do Kaden?"
" If it's necessary yes, I guess I'm asking you to do that "
I don't reply him. I saw how fierce she can get, I have fought with her once. I don't think she will give up until death. And I don't want that in my hands. Or she could kill me. I would say it's a 52% me winning and 48% chance of she winning. At Olympic land we won't have the necessary herbs to cure a dying wolf.
And I can't risk her life like that , not again.
I focus on training and my responsibilities to get my mind off her. But she's there like a constant reminder of my misery.
It is after about one month only Adrian wake up. Still needing to rest to get stronger.
Our human forms haven't met, yet he recognizes me the moment I get inside the room.
Tension is too thick between us. Finally he speaks.
"Healer told me Aria went back to Olympic "
"You heard right "
"It was never mine" he says without a thought.
"I need you to know something alpha Klaus, I never meant to do this, any of this , yet I don't think I would do differently "
"I lost 42 wolves "
"I lost 78 last time I checked "
"I will forever carry this burden with me. Why did you save me?"
"Because I didn't want to make your list 79"
He looks at me with her eyes.
"If it weren't for her would you have saved me?"
This wolf is blunt, exactly like her.
" I would save a dying former alpha who lost from a challenge, but I doubt whether I would save a wolf who killed so many, if it weren't for her"
"I understand , still I'm great full "
I nod , not knowing what to say.
" I did it for Alice"
"Wrong will always be wrong irrespective of the reasons" Then I lower my voice looking directly at him. "You were an alpha, a king but you decided to become a pawn , you need to leave after you heal"
I say standing up to go to my room.
"I don't know where to go alpha. Olympic is not home anymore."
"Go to Titans then"
I say not waiting for an answer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 7.8K 18
When a male werewolf turns eighteen he can choose a mate. Mostly they choose she-wolves, but sometimes they choose a human. Six years later Brooklyn...
8.6K 331 38
In every werewolf legend and story, the Alpha Role was always fulfilled by a male, and his female mate would always be a Luna no matter what. Well, h...
6.8K 257 19
Completed! One family was able to have one child. The family made up of Jasmine's mother and father. Sadly, the mother died from an attack on the pac...
605K 17K 33
#1 in Werewolf Blake is the Head Enforcer of the Blood Moon Pack. The Biggest Pack in the world! Reaching a population of 25,000 werewolves. He is b...