Gravity

Klaus Pov

I mind link Damien to be alert. I don't want to take a risk at a battle field where I life and death is just a matter of a second. I follow her to the temporary infirmary , her naked body is on display to everyone's eyes.

She just stares at him, allowing the pack doctors to do the necessary to stop the bleeding and attend the wounds.

One of the juveniles gives her a t-shirt as if she could not bear the radiating heat and power from her exposed skin.
She just puts it on without a word.

Adrian is a mess but I could tell he's fighting to live , a man's need to survive. I wonder what kind of determination could keep a heart beat when your body is not cooperating.

Autumn puts some kind of liquid on his neck. Reaction is instant . He is withering in pain.

" We need to take him back to the pack" Autumn's voice is soft ,yet spoken with authority.

I ask two of my warriors to do the preparation. I know they didn't like the idea of baby sitting the person who destroyed their brothers. But they know better than to object me.

Arla doesn't get in the truck. Her feelings hidden from the world . She just kisses his forehead then his lips.
"I will never let you go " she murmurs to the body who has no ears and walks away .
My heart is so heavy with what I'm seeing. They're twins , of course they share a special bond. A sister's love for her brother.
Her mind blocks me so I don't know what she's doing but Damien mind linked me saying that she's commanding the Olympic wolves .

I wait till she reveal her plan. If she becomes the Olympic alpha, will she leave me? Mere thought of that kills me. She cannot. She won't.

I could smell her before I saw her.
Her eyes more powerful and strong than before.
" I won't be able to come home for a couple of days "
Isn't this what exactly I told her? I was worried about her brother 's attack. But I deep inside I knew she was innocent in all of this.
She doesn't say anything else, waiting for me to take.
I make the same mistake she made two weeks ago. I wanted to know where will all of this lead us. Yet I say none, neither does she.

I silently watch as the ships sail off the harbor full of Olympic wolves and Titan wolves. I don't know how the Titans are involved in this. My wolf trying to take over not being able to watch his mate leaving him . Yet I'm strong enough to understand this. She is returning to the land that she was born to lead.
We never were compatible yet I could not guarantee that I could give her the space she needs , at least not for long.
Couple of days
She said.
Damien watches me silently. "we're all ready to leave alpha "
"How many more Damien ?"
Even though Kaden was my brother Damien has always been closer to my heart. I need not to be specific, he just knows.
"8 more alpha, it's all 42 in total"
I would remember this wolves , the fallen. Who sacrificed themselves to do their duties, to protect their loved ones.
Journey back is unusually calm. No body questions about their Luna. They know better.
Females are all outside waiting for the return of their mates. Other male wolves joining them to welcome us back.
My eyes don't see Kaden.
"Son" My mother hugs me kissing both my cheeks.
"Where's Kaden?"
"Learning his place "
I don't like the riddles she speaks.
"Where's Arla"
I give her the answer she gave me. Avoiding the question.
"Learning her place "
"Go get cleaned up, we'll talk after lunch"
I nod and go to my room needing the space now than I have never wanted. As the hot water sooth my mussels I realize that she really is gone. To where her destiny calls.
Food is always good in my pack. Yet I fail to enjoy the taste in my frozen taste buds. I just eat to sadist my hunger as I didn't eat anything for days. Three days of traveling has made all of us tired.