Who Will I Be?

Od xosugarcookiexo

Lizzie Jonas is part of McKinley High's New Directions. She has a blast, even though her two older brothers N... Více

Who Will I Be?
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen- Part 1
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen- Part 1
Chapter Eighteen- Part 2

Chapter Sixteen- Part 2

1.3K 24 7
Od xosugarcookiexo

OMG. I'M GOING TO GO TO NEW YORK FOR MY BIRTHDAY AND I MIGHT GET TO SEE NICK IN HOW TO SUCCEED!!!

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER WHILE I FANGIRL!! :D

------------------------------------------------------Chapter Sixteen----------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, I'm at the hospital now...no, they won't let me see him yet.....I tried to get a hold of Joe, but it went straight to voice mail....Okay, please hurry....love you too...bye." 

I hung up my cell and walked down the cold hospital hallway back towards the waiting room. I couldn't beleive that my brother was in a 'Critical Care' Unit. He was always so healthy...what happened? I sat next to Finn in the waiting room, he wouldn't leave until my parents came...it was nice to have his company. He looked down at me.

"What did your parents say?" 

I put my hair behind my ear, "They're on their way...just stuck in traffic."

We sat in silence for awhile, I stared at my freshly manicured nails as Finn played with his tie. I looked over at him.

"Thanks for staying with me, hospitals tend to freak me out." I giggled lightly.  

I hated everything about hospitals. The soapy-smell of it, people in wheelchairs, doctors running up and down the halls...everything. Heck, I even hated the food, even though I never had it. They also remind me of my older brother...Kevin. He died from a drunk driver when I was ten years old. When he got to the hospital, they said he would survive...but then, he died four hours later. Finn's voice brought me back to reality.  

Finn smiled softly, "It's no problem, are you cold?"  

I noticed that I was arms were crossed and my hands were rubbing up and down my arms. Oh yeah, I also hate the AC in hospitals. I gave a soft smile, trying to push the memory of being here with Kevin out of my mind.  

"How did you know?" I joked.  

Finn took off his suit jacket and draped it around my shoulders. I smiled at him, silently thanking him. The jacket was warm and welcoming...just like Finn. Heck, it even smelled like him. I pulled my phone out of my clutch and looked to see if I had any new messages from Joe-nothing.

"Joe still didn't respond?!" Finn asked, surprised.

 I sighed, "Nope. God...you think he would wonder where Nick went."  

Finn just shook his head, annoyed by Joe's action. I sighed again.   Where was he?!  

XXX  

"Wow, Joe. That was-"Amazing, I know."  

Joe smiled smuggly as he buttoned up his dress shirt. He knew he was a pro at sex, he didn't need every girl to remind him. The first time he did it, he was sixteen, it was when he was away at summer camp. Now, he was on girl number three. It was a bit sad that no girl questioned his requests, this included his date tonight. All he had to do was to ask her to meet him under the bleachers on the field...and she listened!  

After putting on his pants, he checked his pant pocket. 10 Calls and eight texts?! Damn, someone wanted his attention. He frowned slightly when he saw it was from Lizzie. Ugh, what did SHE want? He decided to listen to the v-mail, just for a laugh.  

Lizzie: JOE! WHERE ARE YOU?! I don't know if you know, but Nick was JUST taken to the hospital. I need a ride...NOW.  

Joe gasped. What was wrong with Nick?! He listened to the messages, they were all basically the same. Until he got to the last one, this one seemed calmer. You could tell she was drained.  

Lizzie: Hey, Joe. I'm at the hospital, Finn gave me a ride-at least HE cares, huh? I'm about to call Mom and Dad now, but you need to be here. Don't call me when you're leaving, just come. Okay, bye.  

Joe hung up his phone and just stared at the screen. His baby brother was in the hospital...and Joe wasn't there. Quickly, he pulled on his shoes and flung on his jacket. He ignored the questions from the girl as he stood up and ran towards the parking lot.  

XXX

Lizzie P.O.V.  

"Mom! Dad!"   I jumped out of my chair and ran towards them.

I threw my arms around them as they did the same with me. A little weight was lifted from my chest now knowing that they were here. They asked me how I was doing, how Nick was, where Joe was...I didn't even noticed that Finn stood up from his chair and walked over.  

"I guess I'll be going now." Finn smiled softly.

My Mom smiled up at Finn, taking both of his hands. "Thank you for taking care of Lizzie."  

My Mom gave him a hug as my dad gave him a firm handsake. I decided to walk Finn out of the waiting area, it was the least I could do after he helped me today. Plus, it killed time since my parents were filling out paper work.  

"Thank you so much, Finn." I smiled when we got to the front door.

Finn smiled, "Like I said, it was no problem."

"Oh!" I took his jacket off, "Here.."

 He put his hand up, "You keep it...it looks better on you anyway."  

We both laughed as I put it back on. I hugged Finn...we hugged for a long time, actually. It definetly felt more than just friends...no, I can't think of that right now. Finn and I said goodbye as he walked out of the front doors. I played with the buttons on Finn's jacket as I walked towards my family, just in time to see a doctor walking over to them. I quickened my pace.  

"Nick's going to be fine.." She smiled reassuringly.

My Dad stared back at her, "But..what happened?"

"Well, Nick has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes...."  

She continued to tell us what exactly that meant. Basically, it meant he would have to depend on Insulin for the remainder of his life. She also said that this could explain if he has had any major mood swings in the past two weeks. To me, it explained him defending me in the locker room spat. We all wanted to see him, so she lead us down to his room.  

When she opened the door, these was Nick. The usually strong looking boy seemed so small in the big hospital big. Machines surrounded him, beeping, making odd noises. He did look better though, his skin was back to it's normal tone. He just looked...weak. I sat down in a chair as my parents fawned over him, making sure he was okay. He caught a glance at me.  

"Mom, Dad. I'm fine!...Can I talk to Lizzie? Alone."   The two nodded as they left. I walked over to the side of the hospital bed.  

"Well, hi." I smiled, jokingly.

 Nick just sighed, his eyes glistening with tears. "I-I'm so sorry, Lizzie."  

I gave him a curious look. I've never seen Nick...cry...before. I pulled my chair over and sat down, holding onto his hand.  

 "I know..I know."

 He shook his head, "No, you don't. I've been..an awful big brother. I should've been protecting you from all that pain you were getting, instead, I was HELPING it. And, what did you do? You gave me a chance to be in your club. You welcomed me with open arms and all I did was ignore it and leave."  

I looked down, now tears were falling from my eyes.  

"Will...will you ever forgive me?" He took a deep breathe.  

I looked into his hurt eyes. He was being completely serious, it wasn't a trick that Joe put him up to. This was Nick's raw feelings, his tears, his heart...it was all Nick. I looked down again, then back at him.  

"Only if you rejoin Glee Club." I joked.  

We both smiled and laughed through our tears. It felt good to actually geniune laugh with him. I gently hugged him, he then gave me a kiss on the head.   I finally had my Nick back. The REAL Nick.  

XXX

"Um, hi. I'm here to see Nick Jonas." Joe caught his breathe as he leaned on the reception desk.

The receptionist glanced up, "I need ID."

Joe fished in his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He quickly handed her his license, his fingers impatiently tapped the desk as she checked through records. After what felt like an hour, the woman handed him back his license and told him the room number. Room 148. Just right through those doors. He pocketed his license and ran through the doors.

He stopped when he saw his parents looking through the window of Room 148. He walked over, his mom was the first to look up. A smile spread across of face as she walked over.

"Thank god you're here." She said, hugging him than kissing his cheek.

Joe just nodded, "How..how is he?"

 "Okay. They want him to stay over for two nights just to show him how to work with his diabetes." Dad explained.

Joe's eyes widened. "He-He has diabetes?"

"Yes...but it's completely manageable. All he has to do is..."

His Mom than began to explain what exactly Nick would have to do. Joe's eyes went to the window to see Nick in a hospital bed. It made him shiver, ever since seeing Kevin in a hospital bed...he didn't like to think of it. His soft expression turned hard when he saw Lizzie. He should be in there with Nick, not her. Joe's the one who has been with him for all these years. Lizzie just makes him so...angry. It's fine that she wants to hang out with her loser Glee Club friends, just leave Nick out of it. 

The three went back into the room. Nick and Lizzie looked away and smiled at their family. 

"Joe!" Nick smiled, Lizzie was frozen with fear. J

oe smiled, "How you doing, bro?"

"Way better than before." They fist bumped. 

The family talked for awhile, Lizzie tried not to look at Joe. He was sending her icy glares whenever he had the chance...what did she do?! After a couple of minutes, a nurse came in telling them visiting hours were over, but a parents was welcomed to stay on the couch for the night with Nick. 

"I'll be fine, guys. You can head home." Nick smiled. 

His Mom looked at him. "Are you sure, sweetie? It's no problem."

"No, no, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

The family kissed him goodbye, just as they were leaving, Nick called Lizzie back. That earned her  

"Yes?" She smiled, happy to have her brother back.

"Uh, tomorrow...can you maybe ask Rachel to come?" Nick smiled weakly.

Lizzie smiled, "Of course, Nick."

She kissed his forehead then left the room.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

214K 4.7K 81
The time has finally arrived. The moment every McKinley student awaits from the moment they first step foot on campus. Senior year. For Juliet Vasque...
10K 185 37
{sequel to our song} Santana and Rachel are back for their senior year but with a brand new personality. Will Finn be able to save Rachel from spira...
109K 2.9K 124
Going into high school seemed exciting at first, until it all came down to fitting in, where one Caroline Hudson thought if she joined cheerleading l...
231K 2.8K 77
I never though that a stupid Ballad assignment can changed my whole life. A sweet caroline in glee club changed everything in my life to be a sweet l...