Je t'aime

By nmoico

"Hello?" I asked, my voice groggy from sleep. "Do you want to have phone sex?" a deep, sexy voice said at the... More

Je t'aime
zero :: awkward
one :: egg babies
two :: detention
three :: Mr. Casanova
four :: sweet cheeks
five :: tickle monster
six :: wakeup call
seven :: the intruder
eight :: ex-boyfriend
nine :: insanity
eleven :: embarrassment
twelve :: nature freaks
thirteen :: complicated
fourteen :: fight or flight?
fifteen :: good girl gone bad
sixteen :: party
seventeen :: change of mind
eighteen :: the last time
nineteen :: astonished
twenty :: love
twenty one :: dinner
twenty two :: my all
twenty three :: dad
twenty four :: his birthday
twenty five :: party crasher
twenty six :: Henry
twenty seven :: appointment
twenty eight :: things gone wrong
twenty nine :: confession
thirty :: Je t'aime
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

ten :: truth

29K 802 59
By nmoico

ten :: truth

"You ought to tell your parents' were together"

I frowned and turned my head around to cast a glance on Henry's way. His gaze was transfixed on the road, his fingers tightened on the steering wheel. His jaw was set and his stubble was growing again, although he'd shaved a few days ago. Henry had insisted on giving me a lift home as soon as our last class finished and just after another day of school.

"About us? What do you mean, Henry?" I asked, playing innocent. I widened my eyes a little more to add up to the effection. He tore his eyes away from the road and glared at me quickly before he averted his eyes again. 

He was quite for a few minutes, then spoke. "You might as well tell your parents' that were together" 

I turned on my seat, "But were not actually together" I reasoned.

"Yeah well, if you want to convince your ex that were together, you might as well tell your parents'. Didn't you introduce him to them?" he asked.

I sighed, "I did. And I think they still think I'm with him, I haven't told them about the break-up of course" Not that I was planning on telling them about it, but since my fake-boyfriend brought it up; I guess I had to do it anyway. Sooner or later. And that soon was now.

We stayed quite for the rest of the ride, and I wasn't used to this Henry sitting beside me; all quite and not usually himself. We parked in front a black car, which seemed quite familiar tp me. I frowned and leaned my head forward that my face was nearly touching the car screen. Henry looked at me with a funny expression on his face, "What are you doing?"

 "I think I might've seen that car before" I said, and pointed ahead of me. 

Henry looked at where I was pointing and arched an eyebrow, "A visitor's maybe?" he suggested but I just shook his head.

I ducked out of the car, and waited for Henry to get out himself. I was nervous, and my hands and feet were covered in sweat. I'd never been this anxious before since I was six, when I had to start my first school. 

"Come on, it seems like your whole clan's waiting inside" he pointed out, and held a hand out to me. I stared at it for a moment, and just about forgot my nervousness. I took a deep breath and told myself that my pride was in stake, and I had to get through this if I wanted to prove Dane wrong. 

"Alright, let's do this" I said, and laced my sweaty fingers through his blindly. I was surprised at the size of his palm against mine, our hands just fit fine. We walked towards the Goodman's door, and before I could even manage to turn the knob, it swung open and it gave me a slight heart-attack. I would have fallen down on my knees if it weren't for Henry's hand in mine, and a face-stoned Chris appeared in front of us. 

His eyes slid down to my fake-boyfriend's hand laced through mine, and all emotions was washed away from his face. "They're waiting for you in the living room" he said and I nodded. Chris locked the door after us and my legs felt like Jell-O and I stumbled. Henry grabbed my arm up and righted me up, I gave him a crooked grin as a thanks.

"Thanks" I voiced out, and sucked in a breath when I realized my family wasn't alone. They had company. And it was the last person I wanted to see right now.

Dane.

That was how I remembered the car, it was his car. He used to take me out for dinner in that car when we used to go out. That explains my situation right now.

I cleared my throat and said, shakily. "Hey, everyone" 

No one answered me, my parents' had that grim look on their faces again. My siblings looked passive, emotions were all wiped away just like Chris's. Until Dane spoke, "Hey, you"

"Hi" I murmured, and took a glance at Henry's direction. He was looking at me, a little frown came between his forehead. I gave him a small smile as if it could reassure him from the rest of what to come. 

"Is there something you want to tell us, Leona?" My dad was the first to recover and he adjusted the crooked glasses atop on his nose. 

 It felt like I was back to the moment where I was being criticized for my actions, for what I'd done. I wasn't perfect, I was bound to make mistakes just like a normal teenager who was still finding where she belongs.

"Yes, I've got something to tell you guys" I said after an awkward silence erupted, "Henry and I are dating" the words felt heavy and weird in my tongue,  like by the tone of my voice they would be able to tell I was lying.
"Like you mean as a couple?" Bethany asked, staring at me with a look of surprise on her face.

I pulled the urge to roll my eyes,  my older sister could be totally stupid sometimes. Even if the obvious was right there in front of her,  and if it would have been a snake, it could have bitten her by now.

"No, Beth. Were together as friends. Of course were together as a couple! How stupid can you get?" I said, making a face.

"Mum, she's talking back!" She screeched, as if our mother were deaf.

I squeezed the urge to roll my eyes up at the ceiling, my sister was being a complete idiot again for goodness sake. My mother was probably not enjoying this as much as I was. Henry's hand in mine tightened and applied pressure as if to reassure me.

"Enough both of you" My mother said with a voice full of finality and only indicated one thing, no one was to argue with her. "Leona, I need you to tell me what's going on here"

"Dane and I broke up and now I'm with Henry" I finally got it out. I didn't dare to glance at my ex-boyfriend, because I feared that he would be able to tell the truth. I sucked at lying.

"But you and Dane are meant to be together Leona, I saw the great chemistry you guys have, even now that youre not together" mum interrupted.

"Mum, I don't want to be with him anymore. Can't you see?" I flipped a hand between me and Dane, "We no longer have any chemistry like we used to"

"But I'm sure you could always get it back if you just give him another chance, right Dane?" she insisted. My mother was a stubborn woman and she would always fight for her way. And now to make matters worst, she'd had taken his side.

"Right," Dane said, nodding. He was totally agreeing with my mother as well? I couldn't believe what I was hearing, let alone, believe what I was seeing now. 

"Mum, you couldn't possibly tell me that you're taking his side? I mean, I get to choose the person who I want to date." I exclaimed, I didn't know why my own mother was acting like this. As if we were in some fairy tale story and that Dane and I could have our own happy ending. 

I didn't want Dane back, that had been why I allured Henry to be my boyfriend. For my jack-ass ex-boyfriend to leave me alone and so he could suck anyone's balls.

"I think it's time for Henry to go home and I'll just see his way out" I knew what I was doing was rude but I didn't want Henry to see what my life really was. That even though an awkward and shy of a girl I was, I wasn't ready to let someone in. Danika had been the only to understand me and break through my walls, and without judging me. 

I pressed my lips in a tight line, hoping it would come across as a smile. Still with joined hands, I led Henry out of my house. We didn't speak as we got outside, now standing before him, I suddenly felt embarrased and humiliated by my mother's words and my outburts. 

"I'm sorry," I blurted out before I even thought of saying them aloud. But as soon as the words came out, I knew I meant them. I didn't know what I was apologizing for, but perhaps it was for my behaviour or my mother's. Or maybe for everything I'd done to him, setting him up as my boyfriend. 

"It's fine, Leona. But tell me one thing, why is your mother a big of this Dane dude?" he asked, a V form had formed on his well plucked dark eyebrows.

"I don't know, Henry. But let's not talking about it now, okay?" he nodded, and I smiled. This time it came out easily and I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him on his right cheek. His stubble tickled my skin and I resisted to giggle.

"Okay" We stood like that for a moment and he looked slightly awkward. "I guess I should go"

I nodded, and waved him at goodbye. I watched his car fade away and I retreated back inside.

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry for the late update and hope you guys like this. Please do comment and vote because I love the support you guys are giving me! :) Bty, my friend Sabrina and I just started working on a story that were both going to write. It's up already and it would be nice if you show some support and please do comment and vote on that. It's Secrets and Seduction! :) Don't forget to check it out and I will be updating The Sweet Taste Of Rejection soon! :)

Enjoy! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

937 72 22
Triplets are instant best friends. Thea Rose is the oldest, Raine Remi is the middle and I'm the youngest, Brielle Joy. Thea and Zara are identical...
65.7K 1.4K 44
Book completedâś“ NOT A HORROR BOOK There are 6 of them. All devilishly sexy, popular and all have something in common, their desire for virgins. She...
2.8K 41 19
"So what's your type?" "What do you mean?" I pause, looking up from my book to meet the eyes of my dear friend. "Type of what?" She shakes her head...
4.6K 230 88
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...