His Butler, Beloved {KuroWatt...

By MadameAndiSenpai

An Italian clothes making company and one of the most infamous wine producing franchises was left to its heir... More

His Butler Beloved: Preface
II: His Butler | | Conceited
III: His Butler | | Only Mortal
IV: His Butler | | Too Late
V: His Butler | | Reminiscent
VI: His Butler | | Capricious
VII: His Butler | | Honorable
VIII: His Butler | | Extravagant
IX: His Butler | | Compromised
X: His Butler | | Vanished
XI: His Butler | | Arrested
XII: His Butler | | Exfiltration
XIII: His Butler | | A Messenger
XIV: His Butler || Falling Down
XV: His Butler || Drowning
XVI: His Butler || Revelations

I: His Butler | | Rendezvous

1.5K 101 33
By MadameAndiSenpai

"My lord, we must get you dressed; Countess Rosa will arrive soon and we have yet to clothe you." said the tall, long silver-haired butler as he strode over to the large wooden wardrobe; opening the small doors, he pulled out an outfit of a black cloak and a white, well-tailored suit.

The young boy tiredly slung himself over to the edge of the bed and sat there, allowing his legs to dangle like loose vines to the velvety carpeted ground beneath them, awaiting his butler's swift return.

"Jasper, bring my cane-blade, I wish to have it at my side come dinner." he'd ordered as he'd outstretched his small arms and yawned.

"Yes, young master."

The boy looked around and rubbed his eyes, glancing at his hand as he removed it from his face's vicinity. He examined the red scar-like circle with a serpent interlacing its interior of an upside-down thorny cross.

Jasper smoothly walked back over to him; Ezzelin's black gloves, cane-sword and outfit, all in his right arm. "The Countess shall be pleased with how well you've tended to her daughter, my lord."

Ezzelin closed his eyes momentarily and chuckled. "Oh Jasper, I must keep the name of my household in high regards with her . . . lest she fall prey to an unexpected demise."

Sealing the last opal button, Jasper smiled at Ezzelin and stood, placing the black, snow leopard fur-trimmed petticoat over his master's shoulders. "Shall I find a matching top-hat as well?"

Ezzelin shook his head. "No need to be too formal at this dinner, Jasper, though, I do wish for everything to be to our guest's liking."

"Yes, young master." Jasper bowed then swiveled gracefully around on his right heel and exited room.

The tawny-haired lad removed himself from his bed and followed Jasper's example, though, opting for a different corridor---the one to his study.

"Oh Ezzelin!" squealed the shrill voice of the Countess' daughter as she raced towards him, a smile etched upon her tan toddler face.

Ezzelin turned to her and smiled, sending her a quick bow. "Good afternoon, Camilla."

The sweetness in his voice had caused the young black haired child to giggle with glee as she'd stopped before Ezzelin and grinned. "Is it true that mamma is coming for dinner?" she asked with blushing cheeks.

Ezzelin nodded and placed his hand on her head. "Yes, and you must go find Anita and have her bathe you. We cannot allow your mamma the thought that we do not take well care of you, can we?" He laughed.

Camilla's eyes widened before she closed them and smiled massively, whilst shaking her head from side-to-side. "No, no, no; we cannot!" she said as she raced back down the corridor, waving backwards at Ezzelin.

Once the child was out of his sight, Ezzelin hooded his brown eyes and frowned. Damn child, why have they not bathed her? he wondered as he turned the brass knob to enter his study. Rubbing his temples he took the red leather seat in the center of his room, surrounding himself with his many catalogs on plants and novels on philosophies.

"What troubles you, my lord?" Jasper inquired as he stepped from the shadows of the corner, his head tilted and eyebrows furrowed.

Ezzelin scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Too many distractions, that's all; leave my sight and prepare dinner, Jasper," he paused and whipped his eyes up to Jasper's blood-red ones. "That's an order."

Jasper bowed humbly, his silver hair flowing delicately downwards as he'd done so. "Very well, young master." he said as his form whisked away, back into the shadows from which it had came.

Ezzelin lifted his scepter, pulling at its pure silver, leaping wolf-shaped handle, and removed it from its black scabbard, reminiscing as the razor blade screeched against its container's edges. "You haven't drained the essence of a man in quite some time, have you?" he rhetorically asked, a smirk curled at the edges of his lips as he sheathed it back.

Remembering his important guest, who'd be arriving at the manor any moment now, he sighed and pushed himself from his chair and silently left the room.

"My, my! What a lovely manor you have here, young Lord Mondadori. Your family name is quite befitting as well," she sighed at the beautiful sunset and stepped down from her black carriage, her wrinkled chauffeur helping her to the cobblestone pavement below. "I hear it's considered a gem to all of Europe; is that true?"

Ezzelin stared at the Countess with disdain and answered, "Yes."

Jasper stepped forward and bowed, humbly. "My master has awaited your arrival, as well as your daughter has. Shall I escort you in?"

"Oh, such grace and hospitality; of course you may!" said the Countess whilst curtseying to the silver-haired butler, holding out her hand for Jasper to lead her in.

Jasper smirked and took hold of it and lead her into the estate with Ezzelin in tow.

"Your mansion is ever more incredible and elegant inside; your parents must've truly loved you!" she said in her thick, German accent.

Ezzelin's blood ran cold with anger at the mention of his parents and immediately glared at the onyx-haired woman. "You have no rig--."

"My lord, dinner is served." Jasper placed the white porcelain plate in front of him; upon the plate was alfredo, with diced mushrooms and green peppers.

Jasper leaned over to Ezzelin's ear and said, "My lord, it would be best if you watched your temper; your guest is present."

Ezzelin clenched his fist and grit his teeth as he said, "My apologies, Jasper."

The young lord then placed his arm on the table and glanced across the table at the Countess, then to Camilla, who was happily indulging herself with the alfredo placed before her.

"Countess Rosa," said the young, timid blonde maid as she stepped forward with the finest champagne in all of Italy, Mon de Buchelia. "Would you like some?" The maid gestured toward the cup sitting next to the Countess' plate.

Rosa nodded and smiled. "Your servants are quite friendly as well." She laughed as she waved her hand at the champagne glass and allowed the maid to fill it.

Ezzelin closed his eyes and nodded. "They just know how to treat their guests." he retorted as he sipped from his Italian tea and smiled to himself. "Do your servants not do as much?" he asked with one brown orb lingering upon the woman's appalled face.

"My word, of course they know how to treat guests--!"

Her words were exhausted by Jasper holding out a tray, containing various fine desserts, consisting of:

Pistachio Lemon Raspberry---A rich buttery almond pistachio cake with lemon mousse, filled with raspberries, topped with lemon glaze and more raspberries. Tiramisu---A moist, white sponge cake soaked with dark coffee/rum syrup filled with mascarpone cheese filling, topped with cocoa powder. Almond Pear Tart----Almond frangipane and pear halves baked in a rich butter shortbread and finished with apricot pear glaze.

The Countess' blue eyes twinkled as Jasper placed a piece of each intricate dessert upon her plate. "Enjoy, Countess Rosa." He smiled and took the bottle of champagne from the maid. "Thank you, Anita." he said as he walked back over to the wheeled tray and placed the bottle back on it.

"You must have the finest chef in all of Italy; this Almond Tart is---."

Jasper smiled and bowed. "Almond Pear Tart." he corrected.

The Countess giggled and blushed. "My apologies, butler."

"His name is Jasper, not butler." Ezzelin scoffed.

"Well then in that case, my apologies, Jasper."

Jasper subtly nodded, placed his white-gloved hand over his heart and bowed once more. "You are forgiven, Countess."

Rosa laughed and brushed back a stray dark strand of her short bangs. "I am pleased with your servants' gracious manners but you, on the other hand, are lacking, young Lord."

Ezzelin cackled. "Why do you not just blame all of my horrendous manners upon my parents, Countess? They were the ones who were my caretakers after all, or would you disagree?"

Rosa sighed and dabbed at her mouth after finishing all of the desserts that Jasper had placed before her. "Forgive me, Lord Mondadori; it was rude of me to offend you."

Ezzelin waved his hand, dismissively and smirked, his head bowed and eyes hooded. "Forgiveness is hard to find in this world, as is mercy; were it not for your high standing in this society, you would not be sitting at my dining table today, Countess."

Rosa sat there, astonished by the words that had just left Ezzelin's lips. Jasper stepped over to his young master's side and stared blankly at the Countess, a murderous smile twisted on his swarthy, unlined face. "Countess Rosa, my Lord wishes for you to leave; as well as your child."

The Countess had no words to respond with, thus rendering her speechless. Camilla looked to her mother and tilted her head. "Mamma, do I really have to leave?"

The only reply the child received from her mother was a slow nod and her removing herself from her chair.

"Safe travels, Countess Rosa, lady Camilla." Ezzelin had said, though, his voice lingered with a hint of sinister intention.

The Countess had merely peered over her shoulder as she grabbed hold of her daughter's small hand---quickly leading her away from the table and to the front lawn to board their stagecoach.

"My lord?" Jasper inquired once the Countess was out of sight.

Ezzelin removed his brown leather glove from his left hand and placed it on Jasper's abdomen. "Jasper, I order you to get rid of the Countess; you may play a little on the case of Camilla, but the death of the Countess and chauffeur must be discreet; understood?"

Jasper bowed and glanced over to Ezzelin, his once cool crimson eyes now glowing a vibrant fuchsia with a hunting passion. "Your wish . . . is my command, my lord." With those spoken words, Jasper slithered away---fluently, almost serpent-like---without another uttered phrase to his master.

Ezzelin smirked evilly to himself and sipped of his tea. "Lessons are meant to be taught to those who disobey and humiliate me, even if there was no audience present." He cackled and stood from the table, flattening out his coat as he strode back into his red-bricked manor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 10.5K 31
The sun beat down on my skin, my tattered clothes showed parts of skin that where exposed to it's harmful rays. My bare feet sunk into the ground, th...
312K 7K 35
A stripper. An Italian mafia boss. And an unexpected pregnancy. Andrea Capaldi was a selfless woman who would do anything to help her family when...
356K 10.6K 37
Would you be willing to go through Hell to get your happily ever after? --- "Sebastian, do not come any closer to me," I whispered. He ignored my ple...
8.8K 361 38
Lucas Santini He runs big companies,casinos,bars,clubs,restaurants and MAFIA He is a big killer,a sinner He can kill a person without even blinking ...