Conquering Your Depression

By Lily_Ikidney

I'm interested in depression topic since 4 years, since my friend suffered from it. Then I first heard about... More

'Black Dog - Another Depression Name'
Some Historical Figures who Suffered from Depression
Modern Celebrities Struggling With Depression...
What is Depression? ... ( Knowing your Enemy )
My Friend's Example part 1: Insomnia...
My Friend's Example part 2: Helen gets Worse
My Friend's Example part 3: A Glimmer of Hope!
My Friend's Example part 4: Way to Successful Recovery
My Friend's Example part 5: NO MORE DEPRESSION! ^_^
Types of Depression
Why Depression can be Dangerous not only to the one who suffers from it
Do You Suffer From Depression? - Test
How do Modern Teens with Depression Act?
How To FEEL BETTER?
... More Ways to FEEL BETTER! :)
... Even More Ways TO FEEL BETTER! :D
... You can Also:
If All That Didn't Help :( ...
Boost Your SELF CONFIDENCE! :)

Causes of Depression

6 0 0
By Lily_Ikidney

1. Abuse

( but not only sexual at young age, All Kinds of Abuse! - That is also Physical or Emotional Abuse ).

If a person gets raped or molested as a child - this factor increases the vulnerability to clinical depression later in life. 

If they weren't abused like this - but they don't have a loving family, or maybe they are even unwanted children & their parents only criticize them instead of showing them love & tell them 'You're worthless!' 'You're stupid!' 'You can't do anything right' - their self esteem gets lower & they are more vulnerable to depression in their teen or even adult years. 

2. Bullying

( how many times you heard that a teen commited suicide & it later turned out that it was because he or she was bullied at school?... - Too many times during the last few years, I guess. That's why bullying is so dangerous & its victims can't be left without help - even if they don't ask for it themselves. Their parents & teachers must have their eyes open & notice the kids' problem & mood change before it's too late! ).

3. Death of a close person

( a family member of a very close friend's death is also a very common 'depression factor' ).

Sadness & grief after such a loss is natural - but if it lasts too long it may turn into depression. Especially if they loved the person who died so much that they 'can't live without him/her'... sometimes literally. And if they suffer from depression after such a loss - they may try to 'join the person they lost & miss so much' & also want to die. Some manage, unfortunately. ( That's why sometimes psychological help is needed to deal with the loss of their loved ones - before their own life with a grief gets too hard ).

4. Some medicine

( attention! - I'm serious! - It's scientifically proved that ISOTRETINOIN - that is used to treat acne increases the risk of depression!... - That would explain frightening depression vulnerability increase among teens during the last few years! O_O ... )

< So dear teens: a simple conclusion: It's better to have Acne than Depression - don't use that anti acne medicine - or find some other one, for your own good, & maybe even saving your Lives! >

5. Conflict 

( yes, unsolved & serious conflicts with family members or friends may finally lead to depression )

< so please forgive them everything you can as fast as you can! - & staying on good terms with them is really worth trying! To save your own health. And maybe Theirs as well ! > 

6. Genetics

( unfortunately some people are genetically predestined to have Depression because it already happened in their family. Right, I know that a person may have depression even if noone in his or her family had it before - but if they had - the risk increases! You may inherit it after your parents or grandparents - althought it's not what you would like to inherit For Sure! ). 

7 Major Events

( right, very important events in our lives - surprisingly they don't even have to be Bad to give depression a start! :/ )

( it can be graduating, getting a new job or Getting Married for example - strange, isn't it? People should be HAPPY then - but in some cases it may lead to depression because they just can't deal with a new situation ). 

8. Moving out

( for a young person moving out of his or her family house, sometimes even far from it can be a very stressful event. Some would be happy cause there's no more parental control & they can do what they want in their own house or flat now - some others will suffer from depression because they miss the life with their parents & as it used to be so much ).

( it also relates to moving to a new town, or sometimes even a foreign country into a totally different society with different culture, habits & everything - some people can get used to this change quickly - some others will suffer from depression because they just can't get used to it ). 

9. Losing a job

( it's especially painful for Men who were supposed to be 'the head of the family' - then they feel guilty that they can't provide their family with money needed for everyday life, they feel as if they 'failed' and may start using too much alcohol ).

10. Divorce 

( I heard about some cases that people were saying that they were 'happy to divorce' & had a 'divorce party bigger than their wedding party some years before' - but theses are exceptions, and people usually are sad about their divorce. Especially women, after spending many years with their husbands, having children, and so much in common with them - then they may usually suffer from depression because they spent a big part of their lives with men they loved - & they found out that those men stopped loving Them ). 

11. Retirement

( a retired person may suffer from depression because his or her whole lifestyle changes - they don't go to work anymore, so they sometimes feel lonely, 'useless' & don't know what to do with the great amount of free time they suddenly have - that's why it's important to remember about them. They should have good contact with their families to spend time with them - and if they don't have families they should have friends & some entertainment not to feel depressed ).

12. Too much stress

( everyone has his limits he can take - & living in a constant stress, as some people do nowadays - may lead to depression & other health problems ). 

13. Being Overworked

( working too much & not having enough rest is not healthy for anyone - unfortunately more & more people are workaholics nowadays - so they finally reach the point that they are even 'too tired to get up & go to work' - not to mention doing anything else. That's how their depression starts ).

14. Personal problems & social isolation

( it can start in childhood, for example if a child is isolated by the rest of the group. Noone wants to sit next to them or play with them sometimes for a stupid reason or even for no reason & then they come home & cry 'Nobody likes me' - if adults help them solve that problem & socialize, they may be fine soon, but if they are left alone - they may suffer from depression at quite an early age ). 

15. Serious ilness or accident

( Depression may be caused by some other ilness, sometimes long lasting, when the patient loses his hope & strength to fight or by disability that makes the life more difficult, especially if such people were fit before that - and then they had an accident & now have to use a wheelchair ). 

16. Drug or alcohol addiction

( about 30% of people who abuse substances like drugs or alcohol may suffer from depression because of the harm it does to their brains after many years of heavy drinking or using drugs ).

17. 'No reason at all'?

( just as I said before when I was telling you about my friend who had a depression perion as a late teen - sometimes Depression may not have any visible reason, just as it was in Helen's case ). 

( & that's why so many artists: Singers, actors, writers, celebrities & talented Wattpad users who draw the best Art I've Ever Seen suffer from it. Unfortunately ). 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 2K 21
Here you'll learn how to become a master of the art of writing fanfiction. These tutorials are 100% approved by the Herd mentality that poisons this...
63K 2.2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
Thoughts By raymac

Short Story

3.1K 605 36
*** A Wattpad Featured Collection *** Dreams. Imagination. Emotions. These are what this book emodies. The stories here will be centered on these thr...
131 0 85
I gave the best of myself to someone who didn't have anything to lose. I didn't know how to avoid my lover's toxic and abusive flames. My lover's twi...