Memories (The Pack)

By DarkDisco7

*Story prompt not mine... I just adjusted it a little* What was his name again? Nick? No... Vikk. His na... More

Dedicated
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - END
1k!
2K
3K
Epilouge
4K
5K
6k
10k :D

Chapter 8

774 33 5
By DarkDisco7

Warnings: None

~3rd P.O.V. (As seen from ?????????)~

~~~

     "Hey guys, know what we should do?" Lachlan states to his friends, all seated around a campfire, "We should make a village... Not just for us but so anyone can come and stay! If someone is lost... Being chased... Or simply is moving we can make somewhere for everyone to stay!"
     "And..." Preston adds from directly across the fire, "We can have a bunch of things set up in it for entertainment! Like a parkour corse..."
     "An archery range..." Mitch chimes in.
     "A sparring range..." Adds Jerome.
     "A green house with plants and crops..." Rob suggests.
     "And A bunch of fancy houses and statues." Vikk finishes.
     "Yeah I like that idea." Lachlan declares everyone nodding along.
     "After all... We really don't have anywhere to stay. We just kinda roam around with no real goal. It'd be nice to have somewhere to call home." Rob exclaims.
     "You know what? We need a name. Something to call ourselves... Only the six of us." Jerome states.
     "Do you have an idea?" Mitch questions, but Jerome shakes his head.

     The six sit there under the stars, all seated around the blazing campfire and start brainstorming ideas for a name. Then Preston perks up. He clears his throat and everyone lifts their head to hear what he has to say.

     "How about the pack?"
     "The pack...?" Lachlan echoes, furrowing his brows in thought.
     "I like that... It's sounds epic." Vikk comments, Preston beaming.
     "Anyone else have an idea?" Jerome pipes up, but everyone stays silent. "Alright then, all in favour of 'the Pack' raise their hands."

     All six hands lift into the air.

     "Then it's settled." Vikk confirms, "We'll call ourselves the Pack."

~~~

     A month later...

     "Aaaaaand that should do it. The village, population currently six, is finished!" Jerome declares, the six stepping back to view all their hard work.

     After days of hard work the Pack has finally finished the basic layout of the village... Which one day they hope will grow. All that's really present at the moment is a big shared house for them, four houses to start in case people turn up, a greenhouse, parkour course, archery range, sparring field, a mine entrance, and a statue of the six in the middle of it all.

     "And..." Rob trails on, pulling something form behind his back, "Look what I have here... Our first flower."

     In his hands he holds a beautiful red rose, growing healthily in the pot of soil.

     "I managed to find an old enchantment so it won't ever die." Rob explains, receiving a chorus of 'oohs' and 'ahhs'.
     "So this is it then." Mitch exclaims, opening his arms to motion to the entire village, "Our new home. The home of the Pack. And hopefully soon to be others."

~~~

     ~Rob's P.O.V.~

     Every so slowly did reality return to me. Slowly sitting up and rubbing my bleary eyes I glance around the area, trying to remember where I am. But the faint orange glow of what I can make out to be Preston's skin refreshes my memory.

"You okay Rob? Right after you grabbed that rose you just kinda passed out on the spot."
"What...? Oh yeah... I'm fine now thanks. But once we get back I have a bit of interesting stuff to tell you guys."
"Did you remember anything?"
"I'm pretty sure it was a memory... But I won't wanna spoil it quite yet."

I glance down at the rose still clutched in my hand. Thank you little flower. And so with that Preston doesn't waste a second to rise to his feet and begin dashing away.

"Hey, wait for me!" I laugh, springing up and bolting after him.

~~~

"GUYS ROB REMEMBERS STUFF BUT HE WONT TELL ME UNTIL YOU'RE ALL HERE SO GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE." Preston screams at the top of his lungs upon entering the house.
"Shush, I was to one who was supposed to say that." I scold him, latching my hand over his mouth.

But in return he only giggles, watching as Vikk, Mitch, and Jerome descend from the stairs. Each of them looking equally curious.

"Where's Lachlan?" I ask, Vikk frowning in return.
     "He's not doing so hot. That poison is really strong... It's lasting much monger than I expected. But I guess this is fairly important, so I'll see if I can get him down here." Vikk trails on, turning to leave.
     "It's fine Vikk, if Lachlan is sick we wouldn't want to push him too hard. Just... Fill him in later." Preston states solemnly.

     Vikks nods, and everyone kinda circles around me.

     "Well let's see... I'll try and explain this as simple as possible..."
     "Actually Rob, you don't have to simplify it. Tell us every bit of juicy detail you know... After all we don't have a clue so don't leave anything out."
     "Alrig-"
     "But," Jerome butts in, "Just don't go all story teller on us and make it super long. I don't think I my attention span can continue on like that."
     I chuckle an nod, "Well then I guess the best place to start is... *Insert detailed explanation of Robs memory here. (Ain't nobody got time for dat)* and... That should cover everything. Was the length good for you Jerome?"

     Jerome chuckles and nods approvingly.

     "Alright so just a little recap..." Preston recalls, "We all definitely knew each other before what ever happened to us happened, we call ourselves 'The Pack', and we made a village so people could come and stay?"
     "Pretty much... And I guess if this isn't some kind of trick there could still be people waiting for us to get back. Well assuming that people actually stumbled across our village that is." I point out.
     "Well I'm thankful we have a little bit to go on now... I'll go fill Lachlan in on this the best I can." Vikk decides, turning and climbing up the stairs.
"Alright so new game plan. If there's more items like that out there that will restore our memories then we need to go find those. But we'll have to wait for Lachlan to get better first." Mitch declares, pacing before leaning against a wall.
Preston nods and crosses his arms, "Also if you noticed... It seems Rob was the only one to feel a motive to go that way. So I'm going to guess that there's an item for each of us out there... Like something important from our past."
"It looks like we have a lot of exploring to do... And some more mob fights. I mean, unless Rob was just super unlucky in his item placement I have a hunch that's not the last mutant mob we'll be seeing." Jerome states whilst yawning widely.
"It's night now... I think I'm going to bed. Night guys." Mitch says, glancing out the window. Then he stretches and shuffles up the stairs.
"Make sure to fill Vikk and Lachlan in!" I call after him.

Jerome follows soon after, and then a few minutes later Preston. But I decide to stay a bit longer, enjoying the silence of the night. Well besides the mobs outside that is. Standing alone in the room, torches casting flickering lights upon the walls, I twirl the rose in my hand. Bringing it up to my face I notice when I tilt it a certain way the petals, stem, and even the thorns shimmer purple. I guess it really is enchanted. I note, my eyes grazing over its gorgeous full petals. Which would explain why it wasn't wilted back in the spiders nest.

After a few minutes of rummaging through a chest I finally find what I'm looking for, a flower pot. Gingerly setting the rose in the pot I pour in a bit of water to help it get settled. Then tiptoeing ho the stairs I make a quick pit stop to drop off my swords before ascending to the third level of our house. Creeping past Preston and Vikk's rooms, which are the only ones before mine, I do my best not to make any noise. Finally reaching my door I slip inside, setting the flower on my windowsill. With my eye lids drooping, hardly able to stay open, I pull back the covers on my bed and slip into their welcoming embrace, sleep promptly overtaking me.

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 32.2K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
457K 28.9K 93
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
956K 37.9K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...