Overdue (Quicksilver x Reader)

By PeterFetishGirl

(set in the 1970s) Peter Maximoff has had a crush on you ever since you met two years ago. Since your last bo... More

Chapter 1: Damage
Chapter 2: Mutant
Chapter 3: Secrets
Chapter 4: Looks
Chapter 5: Prom
Chapter 6: Love
Chapter 7: Play
Chapter 8: Cooking
Chapter 9: Wanda
Chapter 10: Gatsby
Chapter 11: Graduation
Chapter 12: Cabin
Chapter 13: Father
Chapter 14: Stars
Chapter 15: Confliction
Chapter 16: Trouble
Chapter 17: Xavier
Chapter 18: Rescue
Chapter 20: Awaken
Chapter 21: Revealed
Chapter 22: Quickie
Chapter 23: Healing
Chapter 24: Yes
Chapter 25: Forever

Chapter 19: Gone

7.4K 268 518
By PeterFetishGirl

Peter's P.O.V.

I was sitting on the couch in my room as I looked through my prom pictures. It is Y/n's birthday today. Her mom was having a sort of memorial birthday party for her. Why did it matter anyways nothing is going to bring her back. Her family was devastated when they heard the news. I couldn't even give them her body for closure. A tear fell from my cheek onto the picture of us laughing at prom. I don't think I could handle going to that party for her. My finger stroked y/n's face on the polaroid as I dropped it back on the table. I got up and headed toward the ping pong table. Playing ping pong helped distract me from my problems for a while. I started swatting the ball back and forth by myself. Then I started to reminisce on a memory.

*Flashback*

I was playing ping pong after I came back from dress rehearsal for the play. Then I heard someone running upstairs as I continued playing. Eventually that someone started making their way downstairs. I stopped in confusion as the ball hit me in the stomach.

"Shit!"

I exclaimed while two arms wrapped around my waist. A smile appeared on my face as I turned around to see y/n. My fingers traced her cheek as she smiled up at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard you got out of dress rehearsal early..."

"Were you stalking me?"

"I just missed you okay?"

"Oh, so we just started dating and you're already being clingy?"

"I can leave if that's what you want."

She let go of my waist and started to walk back to the stairs. My hand grabbed hers as I whipped her back to me. I pressed my lips onto hers as I pulled her closer.

"Stay."

I let out as she kissed me back. She broke away and gave me a wide smile.

"So, I'm not too clingy?"

"A little bit but I kind of like it."

"Kind of?"

"I've waited two years for this moment so I'm okay with anything that lets me be in a relationship with you..."

She got wide-eyed in shock.

"You've liked me this whole time!"

"Yeah..."

"Why didn't you tell me? I thought that you just started liking me recently?"

I threw my head back in thought.

"Well, I don't know... I thought it was obvious.. well... I didn't think you felt the same way and it you found out then you would stop talking to me or something.."

Her hand grazed my face as she gave me a comforting smile.

"You're not going to lose me, Peter..."

I wrapped my arms around her as I pulled her into a hug.

"Good."

She wrapped her arms around my waist as she laid her head on my chest. I gave her a quick peck on the head as she pulled away.

"You want to play some ping pong?"

I smirked at her as I picked up a paddle.

"It wouldn't be a fair game."

"For me or for you?"

She mocked at me as I rolled my eyes at her.

"Besides..."

I said as I tossed the paddle behind me.

"I have a better idea."

She sat on the ping pong table and gave me a confused look.

"And what would that be?"

I came to the front of her and leaned my hands to the sides of her.

"I don't know... maybe..."

I blabbered as my head leaned in to kiss her. She immediately grabbed my face and deepened it. I smiled through the kiss as I gently pushed her onto the table. My hands gripped her waist as her hands ran through my hair. I broke the kiss and started pecking her from her cheek to her neck.

"So this is more fun than ping pong?"

My lips grazed her ear as I whispered.

"Way more fun."

She giggled before bringing my lips to hers.

"Peter!"

I immediately got off of y/n as my sister ran down the stairs.

"Peter... can you.. hi y/n why are you laying on the ping pong table?"

She turned over to her as she quietly thought to herself.

"I was just seeing if it could support a person without breaking."

Then my sister immediately jumped onto the ping pong table.

"It can support two people!"

I shrugged as I walked closer to them.

"Well we already knew that.."

Y/n kicked my legs playfully as I let out my comment. Then my sister flashed me a strange smile.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Peter... can you braid my hair?"

I rolled my eyes as y/n hopped off the ping pong table.

"Why can't mom do it?"

"She's busy..."

"Okay fine.."

She squealed before running over to the front of the couch. I sat in front of her as y/n followed behind me to the couch. Lorna handed me a hairbrush and an elastic. I started to brush my sister's hair as y/n gave me a wide smile.

"You making fun of me?"

I let out as I started braiding my sister's hair.

"No, it's cute."

I blushed in embarrassment as I put the elastic in Lorna's hair. Lorna ran her hand over the braid as she looked back at me and smiled.

"Can I braid your hair?"

"Yeah Peter can we braid your hair?"

I turned to y/n as she smiled at me.

"Fine..."

They got on both sides of me and started putting little braids in my hair.

"I need to stop hanging out with girls."

They both giggled as they continued with my hair. Suddenly they both stopped and tried to conceal their laughter.

"What? How do I look?"

Y/n placed her hand on my shoulder.

"You look stunning."

Then I raced over to the bathroom mirror and saw my reflection. I had a ton of braids all over my head sticking out. Laughter escaped my mouth as Lorna and y/n ran over to the opening of the bathroom.

"It looks the same as that one picture of you and Wanda from when you were younger!"

Lorna giggled as she caught y/n's attention.

"What picture?"

"I'll go get it!"

Lorna shouted as she ran up the stairs. I immediately ran up and grabbed the photo album before she could get to it. Then I hid it in my room before coming back to y/n. She came up to me and gave me a smug look.

"What?"

"Did you just hide the photo?"

"No, what makes you think that?"

Then Lorna came back down the stairs all sad.

"I can't find it..."

"Oh really?"

Y/n exclaimed as she gave me a stern look.

"You know Lorna you should be getting to bed."

"But I'm not tired!"

I quickly took the braids out of my hair as I smoothed it out in the mirror.

"That's not my problem, Lorna."

"Peter!"

She pouted before I raced her upstairs. I gently placed her in her bed and tucked her in.

"Peter?"

"Yes, Lorna?"

"Are you and y/n going to get married?"

I laughed out a smile as I grabbed her hand.

"I really hope so."

She squealed as she pulled me into a hug.

"Can I be the flower girl?"

I laughed as I broke away.

"We aren't getting married that soon, Lorna."

"Why not?"

"Because we are still in high school."

"What does that have to do with me being a flower girl?"

"You'll be older then."

"I can't be a flower girl when I'm older?"

I thought for a second then shrugged.

"I guess you can."

"Yay!"

"Now go to sleep okay?"

"Okay."

She replied as she laid down in the bed. I turned off the lights as I ran back downstairs to y/n, She was sitting on the couch looking at something.

"You're not very good at hiding things, Peter."

"What are.."

Then I realized she was looking through a photo album.

"You look really adorable, by the way."

I sat next to her as I blushed.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't know why you were trying to hide this from me."

I put my arm around her and kissed her cheek.

"I just like to mess with you."

She smiled at me before flipping through the photo album more. She gasped excitedly as she came to one of the pages.

"Is that you in the bath?!"

I grabbed the album from the rim and tried to pull it away.

"That's enough."

"But you look so cute!"

I finally ripped it out of her grasp as I hid it in a different hiding spot. I blushed as I came back next to her.

"Are you blushing?"

"No."

She placed a delicate kiss on my cheek.

"You're still cute and adorable now."

I turned towards her before pressing my lips against hers.

*Present*

I dropped the paddle as the ball flew past me. A tear fell down my cheek as more came flushing down. I fell to the ground as I attempted to rub the tears off my face. It's been more than a year and it stills hurts like it was yesterday. I heard a knock on my door upstairs as I got myself back up. That better not be y/n's mom wondering why I'm not at the party.

"Peter!"

My mother called from upstairs. I cleaned myself up before sprinting up the stairs to the living room. A look of confusion appeared on my face as I saw Charles at the door.

"Charles?"

"Hello Peter."

"What are you doing here?"

"I just came to check on you."

I helped him into the house as I lifted his wheelchair up.

"Check on me? Why?"

"Well it's y/n's birthday today."

"Yeah I know."

I stated as I pushed him into the living room.

"Are you doing okay?"

"I could be doing better..."

"I'm so sorry Peter."

He pulled me into a hug as I bent down.

"It's okay it's not your fault."

Then my mother came into the room. I broke the hug and gave my mother a slight smile.

"Hey Peter I'm heading over to the party for y/n, you sure you don't want to go?"

"Yeah I'm sure."

She shrugged as she walked out the door.

"What party?"

Charles asked curiously.

"Y/n's mom is throwing some type of memorial birthday thing for y/n."

"Can I go?"

"I don't think y/n's mom would mind, it's just across the street."

"Okay, I need someone to wheel me over there."

I got up and crossed my arms.

"Can't you wheel yourself?"

He gave me a smile as he answered.

"Nope."

I let out a deep sigh as I started to wheel him to the door.

"I'll wheel you over but I'm not staying."

"Thank you Peter!"

I opened the door and rolled him across the street.

"Are both of her parents going to be there?"

"Her mom is but we don't know who her dad is."

"What do you mean?"

"Well it was a one night stand and the guy was gone before her mom found out she was pregnant."

"Her dad must have been a mutant then."

"Yeah that's the theory."

We came to the door and I gave it a little knock. Right when I was about to leave y/n's mom opened the door.

"Peter!"

"Hey.."

"I didn't know you were coming!"

"Um.. I was just bringing my friend over because he wanted to come."

"Who's your friend?"

Charles reached his hand towards hers for a handshake.

"Charles Xavier."

She gently shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you! This is going to sound weird but have we met before?"

"I don't think so."

She let go off his hand as she shrugged. Then the music in the house changed to an Elvis Presley song. Not really my taste in music.

"I love this song!"

Charles exclaimed as y/n's mom smiled.

"Elvis Presley is one of my favorites."

"When I was in college, I actually got to see him in concert."

"Really? Me too!"

They both exchanged a laugh before abruptly stopping. Y/n's mom covered her mouth in shock. I looked back and forth at them in confusion.

"Wh... what just happened?"

"Peter.. um.."

Charles got out as he shifted in his wheelchair a little.

"What?"

"Y/n was the result of a one night stand, correct?"

"Um yeah?"

Y/n's mom mouthed "oh my" as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I think I know who y/n's dad is."

"Really who?"

"Peter think about what just happened..."

I opened my mouth in shock as I realized who it was. Y/n did get to met her father before she died.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 5K 25
"Don't talk to me like that, I am your father!" "Then act like one!" ------ "I like your hair.....think I'll call you Quicksilver," "I like yo...
146K 5K 20
"You're not as light on your feet as you think." β€’β€’β€’ A young girl by the name of Lyra always knew she was different. It wasn't until she was ten that...
934K 20K 34
"You didn't see that coming?" Pietro smiled and kissed my lips "I'm ice cold Pietro, I would've never expected this." I blushed "You were never cold...