Chapter 20: Awaken

Your P.O.V.

Hear me, inhabitants of this world

You shot up in a rough bed in confusion.

This is a message. A message to every man, women, and mutant. You have lost your way. But I have returned. The day of reckoning is here. All your buildings and temples will fall. The dawn of a new era will emerge for there is nothing you can do.

Your hand grabbed your head in pain as the words etched their way into your brain.

This message is for one reason alone. To tell the strongest among you, those with the greatest power... protect those without.

The words stopped and you looked around the plain room. You wondered where you were because this was not a room you recognized. Then you thought about the voice in your head just a few seconds ago. It sounded like Charles. Then your eyes glanced up to survey the room again. The room was made of steel with one bed in the middle. You shifted your legs to the side of the bed to slowly raise yourself up. As you steadied yourself you heard noises outside. You slowly made your way to the door and tried to open it. It was locked of course. Your eyes trailed up to a window in the door. You stood on your tip toes as you glanced out the window. A guy was standing outside the door and immediately made eye contact with you. He gave you a confused look as you quickly ducked down. You started to think of different places you could be. Then a loud alarm went off as you covered your ears in pain. You stood up to look out the window again. There were more men out there but none of them were paying attention to you at the moment.  They were loading up their guns and pointing them down the hallway. You opened your mouth to yell at them but nothing came out. More words tried to come out as you grabbed your throat. Your eyes got wide as you realize that for some reason your voice was gone. You were knocked out of your thoughts when all the men started shooting frantically. Then something threw a guy against a wall. You immediately ducked down in fear. Then you focused on steadying your breathing. Your whole body was shaking as you heard less and less gunshots. When the gunshots stopped you stayed as still as you could. You needed to get out of here. Your first and only thought was to try to contact Charles. He could hear your thoughts and you thought that maybe if you kept trying to communicate he would eventually hear you. You tried for a couple of minutes but got nothing. Then you realized that plan was hopeless and he was never going to hear you. You thought about just being stuck here forever but then you thought Peter would find you eventually, hopefully.

"Hello?"

You heard a female voice inside your head that was not your own.

"Who are you?"

"Where are you? Do you need help?"

"Y.. yes."

You stuttered in your mind as you hesitantly looked through the window again. There were dead bodies everywhere. You covered your mouth in horror. Then a red-haired girl came into view stepping over the bodies. She had two boys follow behind her, one was wearing red glasses and the other was completely blue. You started banging on the door to get their attention. They all immediately made their way over to the front of the door. The red-haired girl looked at you with wide eyes.

"Y/n? You're alive?"

A voice rang in your head and you realized it was her communicating with you.

"Yes I am and how do you know me?"

She tried to open the door and it wouldn't bust. The blue guy muttered some words to her and she turned to the other guy. He nodded as she turned back to you.

"Move away from the door."

You backed away from the door as a red laser burst a hole through the door. Where the hell did that come from? You slowly crawled through the hole as the girl pulled you into a hug.