Chapter 6: Love

Peter's P.O.V.

I woke up and blinked curiously at the ceiling. Why am I on the couch and not in my bed? Then I glanced to my side and saw y/n sleeping peacefully. All the memories of last night came flooding back. The "I love you's" and the first kiss and the cuddling. Damn. That was a good night. Using my ability, I moved her to the bed and gently tucked her in. I went over to my drawers to put something more comfortable than a suit on. Then I slid in next to her in the bed and pulled her closer to me letting her head settle into the crook of my neck. I picked up her arm and placed it on my waist so we were in the same position as before. Her breath grazed my neck. She looked so beautiful and peaceful. Her arm stretched over my waist as her eyes slowly fluttered open. I smiled as she looked up and meet my gaze.

"Good morning, beautiful"

Her eyes lit up as she grinned up at me. I leaned my head down to kiss her but she turned away. I turned her face back towards me.

"What's wrong?"

"I just woke up I wouldn't want you to be disgusted by my stinky breath..."

I chuckled as I moved her hair behind her ear.

"Come here."

I lifted her chin up to me as I placed a gentle kiss on her lips. When I opened my eyes as I pulled away, her eyes were wide open in shock.

"What.."

Before I could finish my sentence she hopped out of the bed and hurried to the bathroom. I zipped over to the door of the bathroom to find out what's going on.

"Did my breath stink or something?"

She was rummaging through my bathroom looking for something.

"Peter I have to get home my mom is going to kill me if she found out I spent the night here, now where's my dress?"

"Didn't you leave it in here?"

Then we heard a voice from upstairs.

"Peter!"

My mom started walking down the stairs. I immediately shut the bathroom door so my mom wouldn't see her.

"Hey mom what's up?"

I looked at her to see she was holding y/n's dress.

"Well I found this in your bathroom this morning with a soda stain on it so I washed it, can you tell me why it was in there?"

She crossed her arms and gave me a cold stare.

"Y/n spilled it on her dress last night so I gave her some clothes to change into and she must have forgotten it when she went home."

She walked closer to me and pursed her lips.

"You know y/n's mother called asking if I knew where she was because she didn't come home last night."

Then she walked past me to examine my room.

"Really? I wonder where she is.."

I look over at the bathroom door to see y/n peaking her head out. I motioned for her to hide under the stairs as she ran behind me. Then my mother went over to the bathroom to look around.

"Peter where is she I know she's here."

"Mom why would you think she's here?"

She gave me a stern look again.

"Peter I'm not blind!"

"Look around all you'd like she's not here."

"Fine."