Forbidden Love (On hold, revi...

Par shericee_

In the 1940s, living in Georgia, is hard. Being an African American is harder, even if your only half. That's... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 4

2.6K 51 16
Par shericee_

Jane's POV

At 7:30, Jane was currently sliding down the grapevine that brought her safely to the ground. Her red dress looked even better on her than she thought it would and her thick hair was curled to perfection. She wore a thick coat of ruby red lipstick and slight blush. Jane thought she looked pretty good. 

When her feet made a soft landing on the grass, Jane turned her back slightly to look through the window. Her father had fallen asleep and had the newspaper plastered across his broad chest and her mother was sitting close to him, dipping her head every once in a while in exhaustion. Soon after, Jane's mom was fast asleep to. Perfect, she thought giggling at herself. 

She whipped her head back around only to be looking dead into Calvin's chest. He smiled excitedtly at her and slid up his glasses. His brown hair was combed out well and looked...decent. He wore a very professional suit that looked well on him. Overall, he looked pretty sassy himself.

"Hey, Cal. You look mighty fine, trynna snag you a lover this fine night?" Jane noted, straightening her dress and running a hand through her hair. 

"If I look fine, you must be a dream come true! You look like yous already got a lover in mind." Calvin joked, observing Jane from head to toe.

"You know flattery, gets you no where!" Jane giggled and pulled Calvin by the arm, "Now come on! We gots to go."

The two tip-toed stealthy through Janes open front yard and glanced back at her snoring parents every so often. In front, her eyes met Janice and Maggie, almost shaking with excitement. When they saw Jane, their smiles grew even bigger, if possible. Maggie motioned her over with open arms. 

"Jane, honey! You knows you sinning in every way, looking as good as you do tonight. Try to save a few boys for us." Maggie giggled, patting her back as they hugged. 

Jane smiled and looked at Maggie. She didn't have half the curves Jane did but her body was still enjoyable. Maggie wore a white dress a bit longer than Janes and white heels. The dress was depressingly plain but it suited Maggie well. Her dark brown hair was in a simple bun. 

"Ya'll needa stop! I look equally as good as all ya'll do tonight! I love your dress, Maggie." Jane sighed, nodding.

Jane heard a groan from her left side and nearly jumped out of her skin. She had forgotten Janice was here too, she'd been unusually quiet. 

"Whas wrong?" Jane asked, turning towards her. 

Janice shook her head quickly, making her curled hair flip and wave. 

"It's that boy, Jeremy. He's 'pose to be here already! I can't trust none of them boys, no more." Janice exclaimed, rolling her eyes and glaring.

Jane rubbed her shoulders for comfort. "Don't worry, J. I'm sure he'll stay true to his word." She said, looking around timidly. 

About 6 minutes later, Jeremy finally arrived. Noisy car and all. Janes eyes widened as she looked through her front window where her two parents were still sound asleep. Her mother stirred slightly but never opened her eyes.

Sighing in relief, Jane piled into the small car along with her friends. Janice sat in the front seat, arguing and fussing at Jeremy while Jane, Maggie and Calvin squeezed in the back.

"I'm mighty sorry, J baby." Jeremy cried, pouting a single, puffy red lip at Janice. Jane hated when guys called Janice "J baby" 

Janice shrugged, smiled warmly, then quickly pecked Jeremy on the lips.

"Aw, I guess it's fine. Just drive, we's already late as it is!" Janice smirked, gesturing him forward.

Jeremy grinned, chuckling happily then started the car up. 

After about 15 minutes of driving, they arrived in front a huge house. When I say huge, I meant almost white house big. Okay, maybe that was a bit much but it was really big compared to the houses Jane grew up with.

Jeremy turned the car off and turned back to face Maggie, Calvin and Jane. His eyes lingering longer on Jane than needed.

"Y'all freshmans?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes." The three chirped in unison. 

"Wells, y'all needa to be very careful at this party. People take advantage of freshmans ecspicially negro freshman, so just watch your backs. 'Right?" Jeremy noted, his eyes on Jane the whole time.

"Yes'm. Thank you kindly, Jeremy." Jane whispered, shyly. She looked around, outside the car. All around people, black and white, were piling out of cars or walking from who knows were to get into the huge house. Jane only wanted to see one person in particular, however. 

Jane didn't realize she was still looking around until she saw all of her friends outside the car staring at her weirdly. 

"Any day now." Maggie joked, clutching Janes hand and helping her out of the car.

Once Jane was on her feet, Maggie and Janice automatically went to either side of her, looping their arms with hers. 

"I'm so giddy!" Maggie exclaimed, grinning. 

"I expect that from you, Maggs. But don't be getting in no trouble. Got it?" Janice snapped, winking at Maggie. 

Jane watched as Maggies eyes widened at the sight of Jerry Carl, the boy Maggie had loved since 3rd grade. He was Maggies complexion with light brown eyes and thick but not rough black hair. He was cute in a best friend type of way to Jane. 

His eyes met Maggies and he promptly checked her out. Sauntering over to us, he smiled goofily at Maggie. 

"Well, don't you look like a miracle. You clean up well, Miss. Heart." Jerry explained, wrapping his arms around Maggie in a long hug. Maggie's full name is Margaret Heart by the way. Jane watched as Maggie nearly exploded with happiness, grinning and blushing like a wild woman. 

"Aw, thank you kindly, Jerry. I wish I could say the same about you." Maggie joked, melting as Jerry left his arm around her shoulder. 

Jerry laughed and started to pull Maggie away.

"I'll catch up with y'all later!" Maggie said, turning her head slightly.

Jane and Janice exchanged looks. 

"Wow, they hit it off quick! He was so into her I don't even think he noticed we were here." Jane noted, smiling slightly. 

Janice nodded and they proceeded to walk into the grand entrance of the house. It was a huge doorway that could've fit 15 people into it at once, all shoulder to shoulder. The beautiful white-rosy finish, door bent into a great arch. Once the two of them stepped into the house, the whole atmosphere changed. 

An invisible line seperated the blacks from the whites and each side threw daggers to another on the other side. When Jane, Janice, Calvin and Jeremy walked in a few white people and more than half of the black people snapped their heads to them. Jane gulped thickly and scurried over to the blacks, but is that really were she belonged? 

Jane had both of these bloodlines inside of her so where did she really belong? Should she just go stand on the tight string that seperated them? No, Jane decided. She would stay planted right where she was. Because even if she was half white, her friends were black, she looked more black and she lived in a black neighborhood. She didn't embrace her white heritage at  all.

Janes eyes automatically flicked to the white side of the room looking for the boy. All the people on that side were either dancing or talking. Jane was still looking when a hand shook her.

"Hey, Jane. You want a drink or somethin'?" Calvin asked, winking.

"Um, no. I'm fine. " Jane answered, still looking around.

After about 10 minutes, Jane had lost all hope and was about ready to leave the party and go home and try to sneak in before her parents noticed she was even gone at all. That was, until she finally spotted him.

He had appeared out of a door Jane hadn't even noticed at the back of the room. His blond hair was parted perfectly to the side and his tan skin looked almost glowing.  He walked around on the white side of the room, smiling and nodding politely at people as he went. He was such a gentleman, Jane thought, sighing dreamily to herself. After a while he stopped walking in front of some chick. He hugged her tightly and pecked her on the lips. 

Jane felt her heart shrivel up and get jealous. She felt like she had just been cheated on, but that was way past silly. Because all they had ever done was talk for 30 seconds at most. When the boy drew back from the kiss, his eyes drifted onto hers and he gasped. His eyes becoming as big as donuts. 

Jane also gasped and tried to quickly turn around, only making her bump into some guy and fall to the ground. 

"Watch were you're goin'," the guy looked down at Jane then shrugged, "Freshman." he added, walking away. 

"Rude." Jane muttered under her breath. A gentle hand wrapped around her waist and wrist and someone helped Jane get back up.

"I couldn't agree more." A weirdly comforting voice stated. 

Jane looked up into a beautiful, yet shocking pair of blue eyes and gasped. The white boy she had obssesed over was now holding her in his arms.

Jane lost all ability to speak and just stood there like an idiot moving her lips like a fish. 

The boy smiled and chuckled slightly, his laughter vibrated into her. 

"I'm Robert Clark, and you are Jane Wright?" Robert asked, still holding Jane in his strong secure arms. 

Jane looked down uncomfortably at how close they were and how his arms were around her. Robert looked around awkwardly, detatching himself from her and glueing his arms to his side.

"Why, yes I am. How did you know that?" Jane asked, finally getting her voice back. She looked up, taking in all of his features so she would have them whenever she thought about him. Which was alot. 

"Wells, almost every boy at school dreams about having you. Even a few white boys." Robert said, smiling.

Do you? Jane wanted to ask, but her mind got the better of her. 

"Why are you over here?" Jane asked, looking around. No one seemed to notice a white boy had come over here to help Jane get up. 

"I got invited to this party just like you, ma'am." Robert retorted.

"You know thas not what I meant." 

"I came to help you up, because I saw you on the ground and ain't no one looked like they was gone help. So I did. I think I deserve a thank you?" 

"I think I deserve an answer. Ain't no other white boys over here, whas you trying to do? Get yourself hurt?" Jane asked, glancing sideways at him.

"Like I told you before, I ain't no racisit. So what I got to worry about?" Robert narrowed his eyes and moved closer to her. 

"Thank you for helpin' me up, and you have a blessed night." Jane finished, turning away. 

Robert hurried to get in front of her.

"Hey, did I say sometin' wrong? I'm mighty sorry if I did, it's just I have trouble sayin' what I really mean, at times."

Jane shook her head and patted his shoulder. "You didn't do nothing wrong! I just needa go outside for a while, I'll catch up with you later." Jane lied and headed towards the back door once more.

Robert looked confused but nonetheless let her go. 

Jane hurried out into warm air and let it help her clear her mind. Robert was everything she wanted in a man. Beautiful, caring, sweet and charming but seeing him kiss that girl literally broke her heart. Jane didn't want to get anymore caught up with Robert if he had a girlfriend because she would only fall terribly hard for him. 

After a few minutes of contemplating, Jane heard a voice behind her.

"Hey, cutie. Why don't you come shimy a little for me?" The voice yelled, sounding slightly drunk. 

When Jane turned around, two white males were walking up behind her. Neither was Robert so she was uninterested. 

"Evenin', boys. Y'all enjoying the party?" Jane asked, backing up slowly. Something about the two of them made her scared out of her wits.

"No, but we will after you take off that pretty dress." One of them said. He started undoing his belt buckle. 

Jane gasped and sprinted towards the fence, only to get an arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her back.

-----------------------------------

 Hey guys, I decided not to do anymore chapters with  Roberts POV unless you guys request it. Umm, I kinda like this chapter, kinda don't but I hope you all enjoy it! Leave comments, vote and fan. Have a good day, bye <3

Continuer la Lecture