Chapter 7

Jane's POV

Jane's upper lip twitched with an excited smile and she ran a hand through her hair. As she started walking towards Robert, confidence and flirtiness radiated off of her. Robert's face lit up with a smile as he gave Jane an amused look, sliding the chair besides him out.

Jane blushed as she sat down, she was a bit nervous to meet his eyes, so she just dug in her bag for her notebook and pencil. After she got her things out, Jane ran her fingers through her hair, bringing it all to the side not facing Robert, then she turned to him.

"Oh, it's you again." Jane joked, smirking.

Robert narrowed his eyes in mock confusion then smiled at Jane.

"I thought ya looked familar! Jane, was it?" Robert asked, chuckling under his breath a bit.

Jane gasped and punched him in the shoulder, while Robert laughed and rubbed the spot where he got hit.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I've missed ya, Jane. How are you?" Robert noted, leaning in closer to her.

Jane blushed even more, if possible, and her heart got all quesy knowing that Robert had been thinking about her.

"I'm good. What about you?" Jane whispered, scared if she anything she said anything else she'd sound like an idiot.

Robert grinned at Jane, giving her all his attention. "Well, now that I done met a girl who is smart, beautiful and funny, I'm great."

Jane smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank ya... I guess? I wish I could say the same about you." She stuck her tongue out and smirked.

Robert laughed, holding a hand to his chest in fake pain. "Ouch, Jane. That was mean!"

Jane giggled just as Mrs. Bazel yelled something about shutting up and listening. Jane turned her attention to the teacher as she scribbled equations noisly on the chalk board. She turned around and raised her nose at the students.

"You've got ten minutes to complete these five problems. Your time starts-" Mrs. Bazel looked down at her watch, then back at the students, "Now." 

 Jane sighed and crossed her legs as she started copying down the first equation.  This was something she had learned before and aced. She heard Robert clear his throat but nothing more of it then a simple throat tickle. Then he did it again, and again. Jane quickly became annoyed and looked over at Robert.

"What is it? Do ya' need a cough drop or somethin'?" Jane whispered, angrily. She hate when anyone interrupted her doing her work.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, but I have no idea how to do this. You mind?" Robert asked, pouting a lip. 

Jane shrugged and her face lit up as Robert flashed her a quick teethy grin. Oh how she loved his smile. Robert was dressed in black jeans that cut off a bit above his ankle, white high socks and black penny loafers. On his torso, he wore a vest with a tie and blue shirt underneath. All in all, Robert looked very attractive today. As if he didn't always look gorgeous. His blonde hair was parted as usual, and Jane was starting to get used to it. It suited him well. 

As Jane turned to Robert, their hands brushed each others sending trillions of little sparks up her arm. Her breath caught as Robert gasped and stared into her eyes. Oh my, how they were blue. The ocean had nothing on Robert Clark's eyes. As Jane and Robert sat, eyes locked on each other, something raced through Janes head. What was Robert searching for? He looked so deeply into her eyes, he must have surely been trying to find something. 

"Ten more minutes." Mrs. Bazel, shouted, breaking Robert and Jane's gaze.

Jane quickly shook her head and looked down at Robert's blank notebook. He mashed his eyebrows together and also looked down at his notebook.

Jane's mouth opened and closed, then opened and closed again. She nervously scratched her forehead and dared to look back up into his eyes.

"Er, what did ya' want me to do?" Jane muttered.

"Oh, right. Uh, well.." Robert stuttered awkwardly, scratching the back of his head.

Was it possible Robert had got as caught up in that gaze as Jane did? Jane doubted it, he probably just thought it was just a weird silence. Finally it popped into Janes head of what she was supposed to be doing. 

"Oh, you needed help with the problems, right?" Jane asked, twirling her pencil around her fingers.

Robert nodded and grabbed his pencil.

"Teach on." He added with a bright smile.

Jane shook her head, giggling and started to "teach" Robert how to solve the equations. The only problem was, he was paying more attention to Jane than too his work. Every time she'd look up at him, he'd been gazing lovingly at her, and when she would ask a simple, "What?" he'd shake his head, smiling slightly and return his attention to the work. Only to have his eyes drift back to Jane. And so this continued for the ten minutes they had left. 

After the time was up, Jane quickly turned her attention back to the teacher as she droned on for the next forty five minutes. Every once in a while, Jane would sneak glances at Robert from under her long eyelashes. His eyes would never meet hers, for he was just absent-mindedly tapping his pencil against the table and staring out the window. 

Jane wanted him. And not just as a friend or anything, she wanted him as a best friend or more. Her heart ached thinking about becoming anything more than best friends, about becoming lovers. Memories of her amazing dream snuck back into her head and she promptly shoved them out. Her eyes mentally peeled away his clothes as she raked her eyes down his long, lean body. His six-pack nearly visible through the thin shirt and his muscled arms exposed from his short sleeved top. Jane was surprised she wasn't drooling at the moment.

What was it about Robert Clark? Maybe the fact that he was the only white boy who'd ever visibly shown interest in her. Or maybe the fact that he was amazingly handsome and had an adorable personality. Whatever it was, Jane was determined to find out.

When the bell rang, it startled Jane out of her daydream. She scurried to gather her things as Robert rose from his chair and gave her a quick wink. She smiled weakily in response and stuffed her notebooks into her bag before grabbing her pencil and book and also placing them inside the bag. When she was done, Jane looked around the room blankly to find she was the only one still in the classroom. Mrs. Bazel gave her a disappointing look before pointing towards the door.

"You'd better hurry!" She yelled.

Jane nodded and scurried out of the room. Her hair whipped against her face and she landed right in front of a familar body.

"Hey, you wanna take a ride with me?" Robert asked.

-------------------------------------

 Hey, everyone! So, I'm sorry this chapter is really short and boring, but the next chapter will be cuter and better. Umm, thanks for reading, voting and commenting etc. I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoyed and will read on! (: