Love Beneath The Darklines(co...

By shachiseth

A Dark Past - Shyna. A Very Ambitious Future - Davidson They are two contradictory personalities. Yet they me... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Unwanted Attraction
Chapter 2 Staring Contest
Chapter 3 Friendly Encounter
Chapter 4 Divine Attraction
Chapter 5 Twists In Friendship
Chapter 6 Listen To Your Instincts
Chapter 7 Without You
Chapter 8 Make Her Smile
Chapter 9 A Night Together
Chapter 10 Dreams, Hallucinations And Chimeras!!!!!!!
Chapter 11 Fighting The Past
Chapter 12 Adventure Ride.
Chapter 13 Developing Bonds
Chapter 14 Need You Now
Chapter 15 Hands Of Help
Chapter 16 His Divine Touch
Chapter 17 Evil Birthday!!!!!
Chapter 18 Togetherness
Chapter 19 You Are Beautiful
Chapter 20 Wanna Help You
Chapter 21 Enigmatic Smile
Chapter 23 A Companion
Chapter 24 Lucky Charm
Chapter 25 Influx With Past
Chapter 26 Influences Of The Upbringing
Chapter 27 Word Fights
Chapter 28 Free Falling
Chapter 29 Breathtaking Beauty
Chapter 30 Past Grimaces
Chapter 31 Definition Of Love
Chapter 32 Love You Like I Do
Chapter 33 Perfection
Chapter 35 Wrecking Ball
Chapter 36 Sometimes Pain's The Healer
Chapter 37 Cheating v/s Vengeance
Chapter 38 Deadly Silence
Chapter 39 Winner Stands Alone

Chapter 34 Power Of Love

891 48 29
By shachiseth

Dedicated to @avnithakkar for her continuous threats to upload:D love you mr sweetest reader:)

Chapter 34

Power Of Love

The power of love goes over and beyond all the insecurities!

Davidson's pov

She pushed me away!

She stated last night was entertainment!

She wanted me to move on.

Heck! Bad-ass Shyna was hurt because I held her wrists tightly.

Fuck! fucking! Bullshit! All fake, lies.

I might have run out of her house but I am not a quitter

I am in love with her and it is not a puppy love.

It was direct from the heart because I did not think before falling for her that she is broken, she is f##ked up. Because it didn't matter any more.

When I kept distance from her even while sharing the room. Hell we were even sharing beds, she was a forbidden fruit and obviously desiring her came amicably and now after spending that glorious night with her I can still say that it wasn't the reason that I loved her, my love for her is deep like it was already destined by heavens because I love her heart, I love the strength that she holds and is surviving even when she'd been through so much.

She has the courage to fight back, her preparing herself for the vengeance is one such example and the way she hid the truth of her dad from her mother proves how strong she is that she preferred to suffer alone rather than carry her family along, she is such a sweetheart.

Also even in her turmoil when she chose to cut herself from the entire world, she still helped me and my team to win the series with her excellent session of counseling.

How can I forget about the tingles that a single smile of hers gives to me and last night, I had read it all in her eyes, learnt from her actions that she too loved me. The way her eyes danced in excitement when my lips touched hers showed love, only love emanating from her goldens.

I am sure she too loves me. I have no idea what is stopping her to accept my love.

Maybe those guys have manipulated her brain so much that she doesn't trust her heart, she doesn't trust me.

But I will win her trust. I know I suck with my attempts with pleasing the girls, I remember when Caira convinced me to surprise her on her birthday I made a fool out of myself by throwing my basket ball at her from the courts after winning the match with Happy birthday imprinted on it. Unfortunately it ended hitting on her face and bleeding her nose.

Even the dinner out that I had planned at a garden was a major failure as the green empty spot that I had actually selected shared its boundaries with the grave yard and the meal that I had ordered consisted of a huge amount of mushrooms that Caira was allergic to.

So the moral goes I am the least romantic person on the planet but again back then I wasn't in love. And now when I have tasted the cuisine of love, I think I can do anything for love and I would.

Shyna's pov

"Hssssshhhhhhsssss" I have no idea how many times I am going to sigh at this chocolate boy who has been sending me a bouquet of flowers each day. Rather he'd selected different color for each day of the week. White for Mondays, pink for Tuesdays, orchids, roses, tulips and so on.

I want to pull him and jerk him and let him be aware that I am bad, broken, dirty and my dad is looking for the culprits, their arrest, hearings, media and I don't want him to go through all that rubbish.

There's lot more in my life that I cannot share with him. I dare not.

But he seems to be purposely shutting his eyes and ears and enacting oblivion about it. He fights with the players of his team and makes sure that the rumors reach me. He walks around the campus with his unshaven facet making me wonder if it is illegal to still look so handsome in the bearded appearance or I am crazy about him to an extent that he might coax himself in the sewage and still appear to be the hottest male in the universe.

But it would effect me the least. I wouldn't let it affect me.

I would ignore even if I no longer see those devil monsters on my punching bag rather see the torn and sad face of David. I would ignore if he forges his fitness and simply watches me fight with Rob everyday.

Rob has been training me with new and innovative fight sequences each day sometimes he ties both my hands behind my back or sometimes he simply blind folds me. Today he tied my feet and made me fight with him attacking me with a knife.

I couldn't focus like everyday when I knew two eyes were focused on me. I feel them on my back. He slow walks on the tread mill looking at me all the time, hurt evident from his face. I requested the coach to deny his entry to the gym but didn't help. He was far too influenced for the coach to restrict his entry.

I cannot decipher if I was glad or upset about the thing.

Normally when he'd see me losing, he'd walk away but today he chose the other way staring at me straight into my eyes making me lose as he uttered those three words for me which I couldn't hear but yes I knew he uttered and I felt a chill run down my spine, my heart skipped a beat moistening my sensitives.

All I wanted to do want run to him, hug him tight and kiss him hard enough to blow his mind but I am not naive I am a matured girl of 24 who knows how to be practical and not fall prey for love, true love...

------

No this couldn't happen!" I shout at myself as I read the latest news of the city.

'Ace basketball player denies his selection to Olympics' went the headlines with David's bearded picture on the left corner.

I could be hard headed but I wasn't heartless.

Ferocious barking of Spike, screeching of my hummer and siren of the cops didn't matter as I had something much more important in mind.

I rush past bumping between a boy and mother heading towards their bus stop without a word of apology, tripping and even jumping two steps at a time I climbed the stairs to reach his apartment in a breath.

I did not have the patience to ring the bell I simply pushed open the door which was hardly clutched so it opened easily making me tumble on the floor.

I stood slowly to be welcomed by the same neat and clean room like usual and on one corner he sat working with the flowers of the day and a card I suppose which he was working on himself sitting with lots of stickers and glitters few of them sticking on his beard reminding me of the Santa during Christmas.

He stood straight looking at me, maybe wondering if I was actually there or he was assuming or daydreaming.

I gulped the huge lump in my throat, this boy tends to make me speechless.

I came here to shout at him, yell at him, throw some senses on his curly mane protected head that he is giving up his chance to follow his dream instead I want to smile, cry, laugh sob, hug him, yes I want to hug him...

He steps towards me pushing aside the lock of my hair behind my ears.

Silly he and his phobia, he wants me to look beautiful where in he is all screwed up rather cute with glitter all over his beard, lashes and his lips too like a lipstick adorning his soft lips.

How badly I want to lick it off from them and in a very untidy and uncanny way.

Instead he steps forward kissing me and I respond immediately like the water spilling from a beaker brimming out of space and so do I spill off all my fear and insecurities and fall into him and submerge into his existence.

He kisses me hard, more passionate and violent this time and I return the favor.

Soon I am covered with the glitter in the dirtiest way with the special deeds done by him.

"I love you" he says as he thrusts deeper into me.

"I love you too David. I love you" I repeated. There was nothing that could hold me in any way. It was meant to be like this. We were meant to be together and I couldn't help it in any way. I just couldn't.

I loved him much more than I thought I could, it was stronger than any other evil that existed in the universe and I finally succumbed to his love.

"David I do not have any idea how serious you are about me" I lied because I had read love only love in his shining grays but he needs to be face to face with the reality so I said "I have .. I mean I am a non virgin that was a fact but the other agonizing truth is I lost my virginity to my r@pist" the word left bitterly from my mouth as I strengthened myself forcing the weirdest and dirtiest of truth with strong conviction out of my mouth. I had to do this

"I was rather r@ped multiple number of times by three different people."

I paused waiting for his reaction feeling guilty of spoiling such a memorable sweet moment with the dirty reality of my life.

I sighed as I mumbled closing my eyes "I am dirty"

He gave a loud groaning sigh and said casually as he intertwined both our fingers holding my hand tight as if I'd run and said "If it makes you feel any better, I am also not a virgin." he chuckled making me bite my lips an urge to control the sudden feeling of jealousy as he added "I slept with 7 other girls who were my girlfriends in the past."

Jealousy had empowered me as I gripped his hold tighter and unknowingly dug my nails into the back of his palm "seven'

He was shocked to see my changed demeanor and changed "No no six"

"Six" I shouted louder this time.

'Okay! Okay! Don't panic let me think. Caira, umm Pinky, no but didn't sleep with her and Dakota doesn't count because we slept only once um..." he quoted his fingers in the air "4" he nodded" I slept with 4"

'Davidson Cooper" I shouted at him enraged "Way to make your girl feel after a hot lovemaking session" I faked anger turning away from him. But today I knew the exact meaning of jealousy. Had either of his exes been her I would have scratched their faces with my nails although it wasn't their fault completely.

I loved him. I did

I waited a lot till he could move on till he realized that I was a mere infatuation and there were pretty girls out there, much better than me.

But when he was sacrificing his much desired, only dream of playing an Olympics, being a global star in basket ball, I couldn't hold myself and the way he lovingly worked on the flowers and the card that he was making for me, I knew they were for me because today was Friday and the flowers were orchid, that enlightenment in his eyes, twinkle on his face, his touch, his kiss and I melted like a mercury in a hot furnace. He took care of the rest.

Love making was obvious as we were two bodies crafted and constructed only to mingle and be one. I gave him the pleasure that I felt I am indebted to him since ages and NO it wasn't mere entertainment, it was sublime, spiritual and immortal.

''''''''''

Life is a bliss with a sweetheart companion especially if he is Davidson. He never gets tired showing me off as his girlfriend, even the word Davidson's girlfriend brings tingle down my spine. It makes me wonder what good I have done to deserve him, especially I myself am aware of the sins that I have done although I consider them as my righteous deeds and mind it I do not repent for doing any of those.

Lisa was the happiest one in the campus to know that we were together now in spite of the fact that David proposed her the day he made love to me but she didn't mind as she said that she'd already felt that though he loved someone but it wasn't for her and she was glad that he understood that I was the one he loved.

Me and Lisa were kind of besties now. Sometimes David would get irritated because Lisa would take too much of my time and Lisa would smirk at his whinings.

The second one being Rob who was initially uncomfortable around me for reason being maybe he was too impolite towards me initially, acclaimed me to the ugly duckling or the most probable one being that neither of David's girlfriends were ever good with him. I was fine and very happy to learn that David had a true friend and also he was a blessed humorist in his group. All his other friends and team mates kept an arms length from me as they were too intrigued by my ugly duckling phase but gradually they were opening up.

Girls from the entire campus had started staring at me suddenly as if I had two heads. Their biggest concern being what did David see in me that they were devoid of.

I would reply their stares with a proud smirk where in I still wonder the same question in my head 'what the hell did David see in me?'

Rob who was trying to be very friendly initial days of the college was now keeping distance from me. So if me being Davidson's girlfriend spread like a wild fire, he was not to be oblivion about it and it had something to do with Davidson's knocking him at the gym. Though they had forgiven each other still I always felt an eerie of discomfort whenever they were together.

Rob however did not let the professionalism suffer as he was always there ready for a fight session with me and Davidson who was too busy preparing for the Olympics would also join in at times to let me have a session of 'two with one. He still completely disagreed my concept of overdoing exercises.

I honestly itself did not feel the need to. I rarely remembered the past and slowly and gradually those evil faces were fading in my memories.

I would still never think twice before dragging a knife or shooting a bullet direct into their chests.

This time when David traveled he took me along as a sports counselor. Yes freaking sports counselor.

Who would have imagined a broken, feisty psychologically imbalanced girl would finally pursue her career with the studies that she'd chased abruptly because there were only few students in the batch which gradually increased but today yes I was personally counseling an international player Davidson who also happen to my boyfriend, a freaking handsome boyfriend. Did I mention he is equally romantic too.

Cliche but strong and broad hard headed player of basket ball was a chick flick when it came to romance with his girlfriend ... nay love of his life.

I can say that because of the numerous date stat he'd organized for me.

The fist one lies as an immortal memories of my life, the best of the best.

He actually arranged a dinner at.. at... IN A PARACHUTE!!!

Yes it was an hour paragliding ride which took a break once for refueling and he had arranged a table for two with champagne, flowers and even desert.

My life metamorphosed the parachute ride.

As beautiful as it was in a small box, was my life with Davidson was consonant in the small world of love that we were lost in. The breeze and the scenic view parallel to us was full of life and brightness promising the velox future I had ahead with Davidson with me and the world down with tiny houses, roads, trees and bushes were my dark past that were shrinking each day making me fly higher soaring in love and falling deep for the love of my life ... Davidson.

He ended the date gifting me with a teddy flying with a parachute and a mind blowing kiss.

Then there was one when he took me to a yacht for a date, one at the tree house of one of his friends farm house. He really had to work hard to earn that date for his friend agreed only after he'd talk and convince his girlfriend to sleep with him.

I laughed meticulously at the nervous action that he displayed while talking to his girlfriend and then the evitable big slaaap but after the lovely date when we spent lone time together he admitted that it was worth it.

Sometimes he did screw up planning it in a pool ball where we could hardly stay for ten minutes, talking about sitting and eating dinner was impossible even though it was only a wrap.

He tried to somehow make it interesting stripping for me but when I couldn't take any falling though it was harmless I shouted warning him "Mr Three point guard player if you do not tell that f##king attendant to let us out RIGHT NOW, I promise I am going to puncture this damn ball with my nails and break up with you for ever."

though the last part was a lie, I can never leave him but it worked as he immediately signaled the attendant to let us out.

David's face was worth watching at the moment.

There were lot more spoilers, teasers and even beautiful dates that we spent together and each one of ending up with a good bye kiss; kiss which never ended instead both of us landed at each others bedrooms exploring secrets of each others bodies, love and love making. He made me feel complete in a very special way.

 Sometimes I feel my life is surreal with David who is nothing but a myth.

I mean how can a boy be so considerate and caring about his girl.

It came as a shock when he handed me tickets to London telling I'll be traveling next week for counseling cricket players.

It was a very big opportunity for me as I would be training and preparing them for the BIG world cup. Ofcourse a big recommendation went by Coach Malco who might have passed words of appreciation about me regarding the same.

David was very excited and enthusiastic about the opportunity that I had got that he even ignored the biggest clause mentioned I the contract that I'd would be traveling alone and not with my boyfriend.

They considered it unhealthy and highly distracting for the sports. Even the cricketers were strictly denied to travel with their wives or girlfriends.

He even went shopping with me for the same.

He went overboard and I really lost my cool when he ought to celebrate the mini achievement that I had got by giving a huge party to all his friends.

The worst part being I had to spend the entire evening with Lisa a day before when I was leaving for the assignment who'd dress me and tag along with me for the party.

That said that I would have to return back home with her which I did not approve at all because I wanted to spend the night engulfed in David's arms.

I had no idea it was going to be that difficult departing from him. I mean I am only at my place with Lisa and have started missing him badly.

'How would I spend the whole month without him' I sighed at the thought earning a cursing glance from Lisa who was working on my face to give me a guest of honor look for the bash.

I was embarrassed from the attention I was getting when people from all over the college were coming to wish me with love and regards for the assignment.

Deep down I very well knew they were actually gratifying me for the free alcohol they were getting because of my boyfriend that they can get drunk and dance till their feet could manage., not to forget the few deadly glances that I was getting to snatch away the most eligible single Basket ball star of the city

 Lisa was with me all the time but once Jack came into the club, she was all over him arguing and word fighting over one topic or other. I wonder if they'd ever have any decent conversation with each other in this birth. I sometimes even get scared that either might rip off the other's head but heaven's grace the situation had been under control until now.

It was always the same when the two were together. Be it discussing about which team would make it to the soccer world championships or about the hottest teacher of the university, they can disagree on anything and everything and they'd argue to such an extent that they actually forget that were in the crowd.

My eyes then drifted to the most good looking guy in the entire gathering who was being flirted by a hot and $exy blonde from the college or you can say he was surrounded by the swarm of the beauties of the college ready to jump on him at any moment. The one in a red, David's favorite color short dress was too close for my liking.

The jealous me had to do something "Time for some action" I told myself as I went to the silver eyed guy dressed in the most alluring black jacket, his natural streaked hair flowing in all directions making him look hotter than usual. All I wanted at the moment was to rip that jacket off and throw him on the bar table and take his piece of mind.

I however sashayed my butts that were looking a bit too popped up with the short tight golden bronze dress that Lisa forced me into that was snugging me tight showing all that I had inside.

The shoulder off thing was a teaser showing all of my cleavage helped me being my partner in crime.

I tiptoed towards him, his grays bulging out confirming other bulges that he'd soon get.

I pulled up my wavy blonde hair into a bun accessing him the view of my shoulders 'time to show the girls that he'd already marked me.'

He looked at me, then at my bare shoulders, his eyes sparkling with lust and desire.

He pulled me forward from the pouts of my back wetting my new lacy inner as he bent to bite me on my shoulders.

I somehow was addicted to him kissing and biting on my shoulders and I loved it.

A soft moan escaped my lips which made him plunged towards me closers, his hardness thrusting into me provoking strong urges inside me.

I bit my lower lip couldn't able to hold myself "I need you."

He groaned as he lifted me from the waist letting me down that I had almost jumped over him.

"Lets go home." he held my hands warmly and I just melted in his grip.

"But Lisa. I am supposed to go home with her." I pouted unwillingly. I was too turned on by his good looks and the tiny wet kisses that he never stopped since we were together.

"Oh that. I will tell Jack to take care of it. He can escort her home. You drive with me." David said easily and casually.

I knew Lisa would be f##king;ly angry at me but I think I can make it up to her later and being a good friend she'd understand.

I was going for a month almost and would miss Davidbadly..

It took a lot for both of us not to start in the car itself. Fortunately Spike was also at Lisa's so we had the house to ourselves and thus we made the most out of it.

From the living room to kitchen, then my bedroom and finally ending up in the hot shower of the bathroom and satiating each other fully and still not having enough of it we spent the whole night enjoying the togetherness and trying to make the most of the times that we would be missing when we were apart.

The best part being waking up naked in his arms next morning and waiting for him to get a hot cup of coffee for me to start my day with.

..........

If I did not want to get out of the secured embrace of his arms, so wasn't he finding it easy to let me go.

I did notice him scratching his neck, checking his watch again and again, fiddling with the mobile and even drinking too much water than he needed. I knew he wasn't quiet okay with me leaving.

But he was the one who contrived me to leave. He wanted me to come out of my dark lines.

He insisted that I was improving so well, living normally and now he wanted me to try and live normally even alone.

This wasn't not only assignment for him, it was more, it was an opportunity that I had to fight the devils to prove to the world that I had all the rights to live because I wasn't at default.

I couldn't help but listen to his continuous constant blabbering; a kind of counseling but it was different from the other therapy sessions because I trusted the person uttering those words.

"Okay. Call me once you reach. One mail daily, lots of whatsap messages, your pictures especially in the towel that I packed." David instructed earning a small smack and a 'perv' remark from me.

"I am serious here Shyna." he said in a serious tone making me smile.

"Please keep on calling. I'll miss you." he said and hugged me tight.

I hugged him back with a "I love you" and turned to leave before i'd break down and change my intentions of leaving.

Reluctantly he let me go.

I might have moved a couple of steps when his phone rang and he shrieked a disappointing "What?"

With the tone I knew it was bad and I stopped trying to catch up with the conversation.

Davidson who might have been oblivion about my return continued "No she'sleft. She cannot be told. She won't go. Its important for her...''

I snatched the phone from David. I had a gut feeling that there was something ..... something really fallacious had happened.

I snatched the phone from David with my hands almost shivering. Jack's tensed and sobbed voice brought the worst in me alive "Tell me Jack. Tell the truth. NOW."

"NO! NO. This couldn't happen" I cried as I sobbed, my body falling on the floor with the impact of the news I had just received.

A/n:

Apologies for the late update.

Pic of Shyna in golden bronze dress on the right---> 

Well! Well! Well! VOTE

And share your views on the story.

I'd love to hear from you.

Please vote if you like it. Every vote of yours is an inspiration for me to upload faster and the good news is you can even vote if you are reading offline, the vote gets registered and is uploaded once you are on line.

So please keep your VOTES coming 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 12.9K 74
#1 in twistsandturns on 29/09/23 𝑨𝒀𝑬𝑺𝑯𝑨 𝑨𝑮𝑵𝑰𝑯𝑶𝑻𝑹𝑰 an Advocate. Fierce. Powerful. Intelligent. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Selfless? No, she's...
4.6K 683 40
Honesty is the foundation of love, but what happens when this foundation is tainted with obsession, possessiveness, hunger for power, and the darknes...
6.4K 2.4K 51
Vianna Austin is a teenage girl who had been living her life to the fullest before obstacles begin to befall upon her. Friendships, love, family, aca...
209 28 17
Cynthia Oberoi, the treasure of her mother's secrets and a threat to the whole world. She has a bad past, which made her cold and arrogant. But deep...