Illegal Innocence (Student/Te...

By InkedValkyrie

What happens when you fall in love.... illegally? Do you avoid it, or continue with it? Avery Winters is faci... More

Author's Note (11.23.2017)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 28

96.5K 1.8K 374
By InkedValkyrie

Chapter 28
I didn't know what I was going to do. Every step I took towards the classroom made me more and more nervous. I couldn't face Elliott this soon. He'd break down once he saw me, demanding for an explanation. Hopefully not in the middle of class. But I knew he wasn't that stupid, so I hoped for the best.

I reached out and grabbed the silver handle, then turned and pried the door open. The sounds of talking and laughing filled my ears as I entered the room, keeping my head down. I managed not to look at him all the way to my seat. His eyes burned into me and I blinked back the tears, forcing myself not to cry. I didn't know if I was going to survive this.

The bell rang and the class became quiet. Elliott- or, Mr. Taylor now- stood up from his desk and paced the front of the classroom slowly.

"I have another project for you all," he said. The class remained quiet and he stopped pacing, turning towards the anxious students. "And it's a fun project."

A few of the students looked at one another, and others groaned. 

"I want you to write a poem on your favorite thing." He forced a smile, and I felt my heart beat faster."It can be about football. It can be about painting...." He gazed at me, and I couldn't find the strength to look away from him. "Or it can be about someone you love."

Someone raised their hand, forcing him to break eye contact with me. I sent a silent thanks to my classmate, because if he wouldn't have looked away, he would've seen the tears finally fall. I wiped them away fast with my jacket sleeve, hoping nobody saw.

"Yes Marcie?"

"It can be about anything?" she asked, narrowing her eyes and smiling.

"Withing reason," he chuckled. "Which means school appropriate."

She sighed, falling back in her seat and crossing her arms. "Well, you just sucked the fun out of this assignment."

"Oh, come on now!" he said, trying to excite her.

We couldn't hear her reply, because the door to the classroom swung open. I thought it was going to be Hunter again, on another drunk rampage, trying to reveal mine and Mr. Taylor's dirty little secret, which, by the way, was no more, thanks to him. But it wasn't Hunter. It was someone way worse.

"Elliott! I demand an explaination!" Amanda screamed, stomping into the room. Mr. Taylor spun towards her, eyes going wide.

"Amanda, what are you doing here?" he asked frantically. I tensed, trying to hide myself as much as possible so she wouldn't notice me.

"What am I doing here?" she yelled. "You've been cheating on me and I want to know why!"

My eyes widened. She still thought they were together? Rage burned through my body, but I restrained myself, not wanting to cause a scene.

"Amanda," Mr. Taylor said in a low voice. "Not now. I'm in the middle of class."

"I don't give a fuck-"

She stopped talking, and I looked up. She was staring straight at me, eyes wide with shock. Her mouth was open, gaping slightly, but then she curved her lips into an evil smile and narrowed her eyes. Ignoring Mr. Taylor, she walked around him and approached me. 

"Here's the little skank," she said accusingly. She pointed a well-manicured nail at me. "The one you've been banging behind my back."

My mouth fell open and I froze. All eyes were on me, making me feel uncomfortable. I finally gulped and blinked. "I think you have me confused with.... someone else," I stammered.

She straightened up and crossed her arms over her chest. "Oh, no," she laughed. "I would remember you anywhere. You're the one who stole Elliott from me. Well let me tell you something, you little bitch," she leaned in close, almost nose and nose with me, "he's mine. You can't have him."

"Alright, that's enough!" Elliott demanded, pulling her away from me. "Amanda, what's gotten into you?! She's my student, not my... girlfriend." He hesitated on that last word, and I hoped he didn't shoot a glance at me. If he did, people would know right away that he was lying.

"That's bullshit!" she exclaimed.

"Amanda!" he yelled. She finally shut up, but looked as furious as ever. "I'm in the middle of teaching! We will discuss this later." He grabbed her arms and pulled her out into the hallway. I was frozen, not sure how to react. It didn't matter about Hunter anymore. Amanda just gave out the one thing I was trying desperately to keep hidden. Chloe turned to me, and a few other people turned to gaze at me.

"Is she serious?!" she whispered frantically. "Did you sleep with Mr. Taylor?!"

My eyes shot from the door to her in a heart beat. "Of course I didn't! Why the hell would I do that?! He's my teacher!" It's a good thing I was good at lying. But then again, it wasn't a total lie. I didn't sleep with him, just... made out with him quiet a few times. But I decided to leave that part out.

She heaved a sigh of relieve. "Then why'd she come here?"

I shrugged, acting innocent. Which was funny, because I was everything but innocent. Everyone glanced at the door as it reopened, and Mr. Taylor entered the classroom once more. He sighed and sat on the stool at the front of the room.

"I'm so sorry, guys. That was... really weird, and random. I didn't think she was crazy enough to do that." He turned to me with an apologetic look on his face. "Avery, I don't know how she picked out you, but I'm sorry she said those things. I don't know what's gotten into her."

I found my voice, finally trying to attempt to save my ass in this situation. "It's okay," I said. "But who was she?"

He blinked, knowing where I was heading with this whole 'innocent act'. "She's my ex-fiancee'. She's mentally ill, and believe's we're still together. She's been doing this for months now."

Everyone stayed silent, wondering what to believe. I still got a few curious looks, but I ignored them. Why the hell is everything bad happening at once? First Hunter, and now Amanda? Hell, they should be a couple! They're both crazy, and apparently want to ruin my god damn life!

The door opened again, and I held in a breath. But it wasn't Amanda, or even Hunter. It was the principal, motioning to Mr. Taylor to follow him. Mr. Taylor obliged and walked out of the room. Two minutes went by, and he came back in, looking worried and conflicted.

"Guys, I have another teacher coming in here to take over. But for right now, it's a free period. I'll see you all tomorrow." And then he left. I wanted to run after him, but knew I couldn't. Did Amanda go to the administration and tell them? Was Mr. Taylor caught? Terrible thoughts raced through my mind, wondering if he was in any real trouble. But I wouldn't believe any of them.

I needed to hope for the best, and hopefully, it meant that no one found out anything. But knowing my luck, things were going to get very bad, very soon.

~
"Avery."

I stopped mid-stride and turned to see Hunter making his way towards me. That annoying, cocky smile was on his lips, and I again felt that urge to slap it off his face. He tossed his arm around my shoulders and I stopped myself from shaking him off. His lips pecked my cheek and I winced. He was acting like it was the most natural thing in the world. Truth was, though, I couldn't stand him.

"Hello Hunter," I said, continuing to walk towards the parking lot.

"Avery!" Chloe called. I stopped and turned around again, this time managing to 'accidentally' break free from Hunter's arm. Chloe ran towards me, casting an unsure glance at Hunter. I drew her attention away when I grabbed her shoulders. She looked frantic and out of breath.

"What's wrong?"

"Avery, Mr. Taylor-"

My interest increased rapidly. "What about him?"

"He's resigning!" She panted.

I dropped my hands from her shoulders and felt my knees buckle from under me. Chloe and Hunter reached for me at the same time, steadying me. I shook Hunter off, but Chloe pulled me closer to her, more away from Hunter.

I told Chloe everything the night before. About Hunter blackmailing me, about Mr. Taylor... every possible detail I could give. She understood how much I loved him, and hated Hunter as much as I did for what he was doing to me. Of course, Hunter doesn't know I told anyone. And i wanted to keep it that way.

"Why is he resigning?"

"Remember when that girl barged into his classroom last week?" she asked. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. How could I forget? It's been a week, and I've managed to completely avoid Mr. Taylor. I was always the first one out the door when the bell rang, pretending not to hear him calling me. When he called me, I ignored the phone calls. Hunter checked my phone everyday, making sure I didn't talk to him. After a few days, Mr. Taylor just gave up.

I wanted to desperately explain to him that I wouldn't have ever done this to him. I even questioned my actions myself. Then I discovered that Hunter's blackmail was more than just words. He'd snapped a picture as well.

"Yeah?" I said a few moments later.

"Well, he explained to the principal that he didn't want it to happen again, so he should just resign!" she said, giving me a worried look. She knew I was hurting. Hurting badly.

"I need to go and find him," I said, pulling myself from Chloe's arms. Hunter grabbed my wrist and yanked me back, forcing me against his chest.

"Not so fast," he said warningly. Chloe went to pull me away from him, but he brushed her off. "We don't want a certain secret to get out, now do we?"

I shoved at his chest hard, causing him to stumble back. "You don't control me anymore, Hunter! He's no longer my teacher!" I shouted, gaining certain looks from the other students. I didn't care though.

"You aren't leaving!" he said furiously. "You're with me."

"No, I was forced to be with you! I don't belong to you! Get over it already!" I retorted. I grabbed Chloe's arm and we hurried away together.

"Was that a good idea?" she asked.

"I don't care," I said, focusing on finding Mr. Taylor. "I need to find him."

"He's already left," she explained. "He left right after school."

I stopped, which jerked Chloe to a stop as well. "I need to find him, Chloe."

"His house?" she suggested.

Of course, Avery. His house. Duh.

I felt the tears, not sure whether happy or sad, form at my eyes. Were things finally turn them around? Would Elliott ever forgive me for what I did to him?

"I need to go there," I said, blinking and releasing the tears. "Chloe, I need to see him." I was desperate, and Chloe knew it. I didn't think I would be this desperate, but I am.
"Then go," she said. "Come on, I'll drive you."

"Okay," I nodded and hugged her. "Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4K 29
What happens when you fall for your teacher? When Eighteen year old Talia Davis first met Nick he was the handsome stranger who helped her. Now when...
238K 6.3K 28
[Student/Teacher] - Book One of the Tie Twister Series! "I just really don't like him, but I do... At the same time. It's weird, but I kind of like t...
41 2 2
Hayley starts back at college, this being her second year. She meets her new, hot, young lecturer (teacher) and instantly takes a liking to him. She...
144 1 7
A young teacher slowly falls for his somewhat attractive, smart, funny student, while she is falling in love with him. Will their relationship work o...