JUST PRETEND ↠ ALEX SUMMERS ✔...

By tribecky

"You don't know what it's like to love someone who only sees you as a friend," Jean told Devin with the shake... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 18

6K 204 25
By tribecky

Hank had given Devin some special formula pills to help her sleep, maybe getting rid of her nightmares, he gave her a tester one and monitored her in the lab while she slept. Alex noticed her absence and came down to the lab to see what was going on, as he walked in he saw one of the many plants you were practicing on with a weird black substance seeping out of the pot.

"Hank, what is this?" He pointed to the plant, Hank turned around in the chair.

"Oh, that's what was killing the plant. When we were practicing with her mutation, Charles and I noticed that the plant was getting rid of any 'illnesses' or 'diseases' that it didn't need by secreting that strange thick slime. It's part of the healing process, we are still working on what it actually is, but at least the plants alive again. Much like the boy getting rid of the metal bullets, same reason applies." He shrugged before turning back to the monitors.

"Okay, and what is this?" He pointed to Devin hooked up to machines.

"We are testing to see if she gets any nightmares or night terrors, but so far there's been none." Hank explains just as she began to wake up.

"Rise and shine, princess." Alex grins.

"So, how did I do, doc?" She yawned while rolling on her side to face the two boys.

"It worked, you slept perfectly fine." Hank smiled showing her the results.

"I'd call you a genius except I'm in the room," she told him as she sat up, taking off the wires attached to her head.

"Thanks..." Hank rolled his eyes before handing her the pot with pills. "But you should know that the side effects, well, they're pretty intense. I'm still working on them."

"What side effects?"

"Nausea, headaches, vomiting, internal bleeding, memory loss-"

"So, why am I taking them? I'd rather have the nightmares."

"So you don't wake up screaming thinking you've murdered someone?"

"Right..." Devin slid off the bed before shaking the pot. "It's worth it," she told herself as she walked out with Alex.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Nothing." She looked up at him, he looked confused. "What? I just want an easy day with my boyfriend. What's wrong with that?"

"Shouldn't I ask you to officially be my girlfriend first?"

"Alex...Seriously, we're practically married already."

"Okay, well there's no going back if we do this," he told her.

"I'm fine with that, besides it's late, we should just relax."

"Okay then." He smiled before kissing her forehead.

-

Both Alex and Devin were in the common room. Alex was laying down on the sofa with Devin on top of him. He had his hands resting on her back linked together. They were both watching Ororo, Peter, and Warren play against each other. Ororo was on the single sofa, her legs resting on Peter's lap as he sat on a couple of pillows on the floor on the left of Warren.

Scott was on one of the sofas, by the book shelves, near the table at the top of the room where Kurt and Jubilee sat reading. Jean was cuddled up next to Scott, his arm around her shoulder while watching the TV as well. Jean looked over to Alex and Devin, trying not to comment about Warren's face as Devin played with his blonde hair.

Devin could see, passed Jubilee and Kurt, outside on the balcony area where Raven, Charles, Hank, and Erik sat, drinking and talking to each other. She moved to place her chin on Alex's chest, he glanced down at her and winked before looked back to the game.

"Look, I know you're like the new Messiah and all that, but could you stop distracting me by playing with my hair?" Warren mumbled as he shot at one of Peter's players.

"But it's soft, and you're my son."

"I'm really not."

"Warren, don't lie."

"Stop it, you have a boyfriend who has longer hair than I do, play with his hair." Warren rolled his eyes.

"You're closer to my hand," she told him as she tried to shrug.

"Please stop."

"No, keep playing with his hair." Ororo laughed as she went up the leader board.

"Play with Ororo's hair as well." Peter huffed in annoyance as he was neck and neck with Warren on the scoreboard.

"She's too far away and I like her too much to mess with her hair," Devin mumbled again.

"I'm her favourite," Ororo replied in a smug tone.

"No, I am!" Peter almost screeched as he tried to get his character away from Warrens bullets.

"I think her boyfriend is actually her favourite, hate to break it to you guys," Alex interrupted.

"No, it's between my little firecracker, my blueberry, J, the little boy and you, babe."

"Why is Scott ahead of me?"

"He's not, I just made a list, it's not in order."

"I'm a blueberry?" Kurt asked as he looked away from his book.

"Yeah," Devin replied in a tired voice, glancing at him before laying her head back on Alex's chest to see the TV.

They had come a long way from when Devin first joined the X-Men, and it was for the better. She could admit it wasn't always smooth sailing, and it wasn't easy getting along with everyone, watching and hearing about the deaths of the ones she loved, the mutants she grew close to, but it got her to where she was now.

-

"Is that my shirt?" Devin looked down to the shirt she was wearing before looking back to Alex. He sat on his bed, against the headboard, with a book in his hand. She nodded to him while brushing her teeth, standing in the doorway of his bathroom to his room. "Any reason why?" A small smirk was now evident on his face as he placed the book down on his lap.

"Maybe," she told him before walking back into the bathroom.

"Are you going to tell me?" He called out to her.

"No."

"It looks good on you," he responded as she walked back in and towards his bed.

"I know." Devin nodded with a grin, he leaned towards her and she leaned in as well and pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"So, I was thinking..."

"Well, that's never good." She sat next to him on the bed, facing him slightly.

"Remind me why I put up with you?"

"Because you love me." She hummed with a smile.

"I do." He smiled back. "We should go on a date tomorrow, like a real one. Our first real date." He bookmarked his page and put the book down on the side table, opening his arms slightly to her. Devin leaned over to him and laid her head on his shoulder, her arms around his waist.

"Where?"

"Not the karaoke bar, that's for sure," he commented rather quickly. "I know you're into aquariums and museums, maybe we could visit one of those. Or go see a movie, or just have dinner somewhere...I haven't really thought this far ahead, I only thought up to the 'asking you about it' phase."

"Well, I'd go anywhere as long as there is coffee nearby."

"Of course you would..." Alex chuckled, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Why don't we see where tomorrow takes us?"

"Sounds good." Alex nodded, his head brushing against hers.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 19 12
【𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜】⇾ Completed ⇨ 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 ⇨ 𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳! ❝ 𝑰 𝒘...
369 26 32
✽ ✽ Friends for a life time, together they were each other's lives and other half piece. There was no reason for them to ever leave each other or cha...
57.9K 1.2K 45
"i love who you are, don't change because other people say you look different. your difference is what makes you special," corinne dane was only fif...
2.2K 72 16
'One night. All it took was one night to fall in love again. I never thought I'd see him ever again. I've waited so long for this moment...' (Y/N) th...