The Other Morgenstern

By xLittleMissReadAlotx

Skylar Morgenstern is the daughter of Valentine Morgenstern and Jocelyn Fairchild. She has lived in The New Y... More

Note
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀʀʏ ғʀᴀʏ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsᴛɪᴛᴜᴛᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: sᴇʀᴀᴘʜɪɴᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ: sɪᴍᴏɴ ʟᴇᴡɪs
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜᴘ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴍᴀᴅᴀᴍᴇ ᴅᴏʀᴏᴛʜᴇᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀɢᴇɴsᴛᴇʀɴ
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Nine: New Beginnings
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Ten: Imogen Herondale
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Eleven: Seelie Court
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Twelve: Broken Heart
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Thirteen: J.C.M
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Fourteen: The Ship
(City Of Ashes) Chapter Fifteen: Epilogue
(City Of Glass) Chapter Sixteen: Big Brother
(City Of Glass) Chapter Seventeen: The End Of Us
(City Of Glass) Chapter Eighteen: The Angel
(City Of Glass) Chapter Nineteen: Max Lightwood
(City Of Glass) Chapter Twenty: Raziel
(City Of Glass) Chapter Twenty-One: Epilouge
(City Of Fallen Angels) Chapter Twenty-Two: Maid Of Honor
(City Of Fallen Angels) Chapter Twenty-Three: Runes
(City Of Fallen Angels) Chapter Twenty-Four: Help
(City Of Fallen Angels) Chapter Twenty-Five: Party
(City Of Fallen Angels)Chapter Twenty-Six: Lilith
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Twenty-Seven: Gone
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Silver Dagger
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Twenty-Nine: Italy
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty: Scrambled Eggs?
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-One: Pure Adamas
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Two: Azazel
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Three: KOSTI LUSTR
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Four: Paris
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Five: The Second Cup
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Six: Seraphina's Return
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Seven: Plans
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Infernal Cup
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Nine: Glorious
(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Forty: Epilogue
(City of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-One: Prologue
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Two: Control
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Three: Breakup
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Four: Force
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Five: It's Out
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Six: The Gard
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Seven: Blur
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Eight: Mercy
(City of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Nine: Honesty
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty: Bargain
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-One: Mark Blackthorn
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Two: It's Time
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Three: The Avenging Angels
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Four: Second Chance
(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Five: Epilogue

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ: sɪsᴛᴇʀs

11.2K 328 60
By xLittleMissReadAlotx

Skylar and Alec walked into the diner, Alec watched her eyes light up at the sight of Jace Wayland sitting in one of the booths with Clary sitting across from him. Skylar slid beside Clary for Alec's sake, she picked up the menu and looked through it. "You two are a mess." Jace pointed out, Alec looked like he rolled out of his bed and Skylar's hair was up in a messy bun, she wore leggings and a sweatshirt that belonged to Jace.

"I was up cleaning, my messy ass room," Skylar said

"While I was asleep on her bed," Alec added

"Anyway, what happened?" Skylar asked

"There is a spell blocking my memories," Clary answered Skylar had decided it was best if she tried to get to know her sister since she was basically stuck with her. "Magnus Bane."

"The warlock?"

"Yes."

"I know him, epic parties," Skylar said and looked through the menu, she wasn't in the mood to eat. Oh, she knew Magnus Bane quite well, some may say that he was the one who made her the way she was..she had picked up on his behavior at a young age.

"Interesting, how well do you know him?" Jace asked he wasn't jealous. Why would he be jealous? They were just friends after all.

"Well enough," Skylar responded and put the menu down on the table. She didn't want to get into too much detail about how much and well she knew about Magnus.

"Don't order any of the faerie food, It tends to make humans a little crazy. One minute you're munching a faerie plum, the next minute you're running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head. Not," he added, "that this has ever happened to me." Skylar and Alec exchanged looks and contained their laughter.

"Human food is right here." Skylar turned the menu around for Clary and pointed at it. "I want to apologize for being a bitch to you." Clary smiled sweetly, aw she thought that she going to get her way. "But to be fair you aren't exactly easy to like." Clary tensed up, looking over at Alec who grinned for a few seconds.

"Well uh, alright then. I didn't expect that out of you...or the second part.." Clary said quietly, looking down at her hands slightly hurt about what Skylar said..these two were doing to take a while before they could actually get along.

"I did," Alec mumbled under his breath.

"Have room for two more?" Isabelle asked with a smile on her face, Skylar scooted aside and let her parabatai sit beside her. "What happened?" Simon sat with Clary, they were all trying their best to fit in this booth.

"Magnus Bane."

"Talking about the warlock, look what I have." Isabelle pulled out an invitation to a downworlder part and waved it in there faces. "And guess who's throwing it?"

"Magnus, yeah I know. I have a V.I.P Invitation." Skylar said she pulled it out of her pocket at waved in Isabelle's face. Usually she would get these invitations but she never showed up to those parties..she wasn't the party type.

"I hate you," Iz mumbled and frowned. The parabatai's looked at each other and chuckled.

"So are we going?" Alec asked

"You can take my invitation, Hodge says my wound is infected and that I should stay in to prevent any further injuries."

"I'll stay with you," Jace said, he didn't want to leave her alone like that. Skylar shook her head and reached for his hand.

"I'll be fine." She said softly before she moved her hand away after a few seconds, it was getting harder and harder to ignore this odd attraction between them.

Skylar stood beside Jace waiting for Clary and Isabelle. She wasn't going but she needed to make sure Clary was okay with going without her. Jace reached for her hand and held it tightly. "She'll be fine."

"I hope so, I don't want her to get hurt. Jocelyn would kill me.." Skylar admitted, it was odd being an older sister but she realized that Clary is her responsibility as long as their mother is missing it's her job to protect her.

"I'll make sure she's safe but do me a favor," Skylar looked up at him and waited. "Take care of yourself." She nodded slowly, she just had this feeling that things were going to get ugly and they needed to all prepare for it.

"I will." Clary and Isabelle walked out if the room and towards the pair with smiled on their faces. "Ready?" Skylar asked Clary who nodded.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Remember Magnus is expecting to see me, so-" Skylar slipped off a ring from her pinkie finger and handed it to Jace.

"A ring?"

"A ring he gave me when I was a child, just give it to him and tell him who you are. He should be able to help you afterward"

"Why did he give you that ring?" Isabelle asked

"At some point, I lived with him, but I left to live here." She explained as she placed her hands behind her back, a faint smirk on her lips. "Do me a favor, and uh don't upset him..alright? I love Magnus, he's like my father which means if he get's upset then I will be upset with all of you.."

"That's why you would sneak out at night the first few days. You were seeing him.." Alec said, it made perfect sense now at first he believed Skylar had found herself a new man but that didn't make sense it was clear she was in love with Jace.

"Yeah, he would take me out to eat but as I got older I have gotten busier. I barely see him anymore but we do talk once in awhile." She felt slightly sad, it's weird how things have changed. The older, the more she had to do and the less she saw the warlock that she missed.

"Good to know he isn't a threat," Jace said quietly but not as quiet as expected since Simon heard him speak and decided to open his mouth which wasn't the best thing to do.

"Are you insecure?" Simon asked earning himself a glare from Jace.

"Absolutely not a weasel, I am the most egotistic bastard you'll ever meet." Ah, there is the Jace that everyone knew and loved..sometimes.

"That," Skylar began to say before she paused for a second. "is something I can agree with."

"I need to sleep." Skylar glance at the drink Hodge had made for her, it was suppose to help with the wound and may cause drowsiness. She pinched her nose and poured the mysterious drink into her mouth, she forced herself to swallow and shook her head. "Awful just awful." Skylar mumbled and put the glass cup down on her night stand. She laid on her bed and closed her eyes, the affects were stronger than she expected within a minute she was out cold.

Hodge opened the door slightly and let Valentine slowly walk inside his daughter's room. "She should be out for hours." Hodge said, "Don't do anything noticeable, she's a very observant girl."

"I know." Valentine said with a dark grin on his face. "She's my child." Hodge closed the door behind Valentine and sighed. Was he doing the right thing? Valentine walked closer and put his hand on her forehead, Skylar's necklace began to glow brightly and let out a violent pulse making Valentine back away slowly. "Seraphina."

"Why are you here?" The Archangel asked in a dark tone, she hated this man from the very beginning.

"To see my daughter."

"You do not care for your children or else you wouldn't have done the things you have done to Skylnn."

"I did it out of love." Valentine hissed, Seraphina chuckled at such nonsense.

"Love? That is not love Valentine, you hit her until she couldn't scream. You're a monster and once Skylnn frees me I will punish you for your crimes. Now leave." Valentine turned around and walked out of the room, the necklace stopped glowing and pulsing. If she wasn't paying attention he could have hurt Skylar while she was drugged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 192 71
Jocelyn didn't leave Valentine after the uprising. Eighteen years later, Jonathan and Clarissa developed to young and deadly Shadowhunters. Demonic b...
206K 3.1K 25
Shadow Hunters are people that are half angel half mundane (human). They protect the human word from the demon world, downworlders. Kayla Wayland is...
22.3K 397 14
Haylynn grew up as a normal 17 year old girl, has normal friends, and was having a normal life. But one night, that all changed. She and her friends...
45.2K 879 54
"Family isn't just blood, Clary." _____________________________________ Following Jocelyn Fairchild's untimely death, Clary realizes she has no-one l...