In This Together ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK TWO ] ❝ fear is a proof of the degeneracy of the mind. ❞ Kasey McCall has been through more than enoug... More

In This Together
Chapter 1. Stealing Kisses and Weird Animal Behavior
Chapter 2. Here We Go Again
Chapter 3. Totally Jealous
Chapter 4. A Total Disaster
Chapter 5. Hot Mess
Chapter 6. Finally Connected
Chapter 7. Morning Argument
Chapter 8. The Darach
Chapter 9. Not an Average Bus Stop
Chapter 10. Keep It Together Jared
Chapter 11. Glen Capri And A Room For Three
Chapter 12. Gasoline, Road Flares, and Purple Dust
Chapter 13. A Connection and Kidnapping
Chapter 14. Climactic Moments
Chapter 15. Hallucinations
Chapter 16. Scott The Bulldog
Chapter 17. Kasey's Adventures!
Chapter 18. My Psychotic English Teacher
Chapter 19. Whirlwind of Events
Chapter 20. Gone
Chapter 21. Holding Your Breath
Chapter 22. Letting Go
Chapter 23. Sixteen Hours
Chapter 25. Nightmares or Reality?
Chapter 26. Finding an Anchor
Chapter 27. The Werecoyote
Chapter 28. Who Needs Instructions?
Chapter 29. Feisty Kasey and a Fire Alarm
Chapter 30. Falling into Place
Chapter 31. Trying To Connect The Dots
Chapter 32. Blacklight and Blackout
Chapter 33. The Diagnosis
Chapter 34. The Oni
Chapter 35. Cold Case
Chapter 36. Already Taken
Chapter 37. The Nogitsune
Chapter 38. Fooled
Chapter 39. Echo House
Chapter 40. Trepanation
Chapter 41. Using the Word Werewolf in Public
Chapter 42. Outfoxing the Fox
Chapter 43. De-Void
Chapter 44. Myriad of Pain
Chapter 45. Insatiable
Chapter 46. Shattered
Chapter 47. Glass Box
Chapter 48. The Divine Move

Chapter 24. Heart's of Darkness

73.5K 1.9K 2.7K
By simplystiles-

After the initial shock of how much time we actually have until the Lunar Eclipse set in, my mind seemed to snap back into it's original state and I launched myself at Stiles. He was sopping wet, and shivering slightly, but I didn't care. My arms latched themselves around the base of his neck and my face was buried in his chest. His body stilled in surprise for a moment before he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I don't know why there is this huge pressure in my chest, but being close to him is helping it go away.

"How did you do? Did you connect yourself to any of us?" He mumbled into my hair, obviously too absorbed in the embrace to try and move. I can't blame him, I feel the exact same.

I have no idea if I connected myself or not. I don't remember. I had to be sedated which leads me to the conclusion that something awful happened. Maybe I did connect myself and that's why my entire body hurts, and I have a headache. Those are usually side affects from using my ability.

Deaton opted to answer for me, "We don't believe that she connected herself to anyone in particular, no."

"What does that mean?" Scott asked immediately, picking up on the double meaning of the sentence that Deaton had just stated.

Reluctantly, I pulled out of the embrace and glanced at Isaac, he had a worried look plastered on his face, and that was enough to tell me that he had been witness to whatever happened. Scott noticed it too, because he quickly rounded on him, "Isaac what the hell happened?"

My "new" brother sighed as he shook his head from side to side, "I honestly have no idea. I've never actually seen her use her ability before, or hallucinate for that matter-- but whatever happened, it wasn't good... and it scared the absolute hell out of me."

Stiles grip on my waist tightened, "What happened?" 

"She blacked out. I don't really know, I didn't see her until I pulled her out of the bathtub, she had been--"

Isaac was cut off by Scott, "Bathtub?"

"Why the hell were you with her in the bathroom?" Stiles interjected, his eyes darted from Isaac to myself several times. 

My eyes widened, "We weren't together in the bathroom like that!"

"Oh my god, no! She was trying to drown herself and I pushed through the door!" Isaac rushed out quickly, holding his hands out in front of him as he tried to ease the tension between my brother and boyfriend. 

What?

This was news to me. I had no idea that I had tried to drown myself. Where was I even at? I can't keep my thoughts straight, images of a bathtub and a bloody mirror are infiltrating my mind, but I have no idea what they mean.

"She tried to drown herself?" Allison asked in confusion, voicing everyone's thoughts in the room . 

Deaton sighed, "She was suffering from a hallucination, I believe. When Isaac brought her back here I sedated her with some Ketamine in order to prevent her from harming herself or other's while you were all still... gone."

"Let's not worry about this right now, the Lunar Eclipse is in less than four hours." I stated after a moment of silence. I didn't like all of the looks that people were giving me after hearing about my episode of temporary insanity.

Scott nodded, "I'm going to have to go back with Deucalion."

"No dude. You are not going back with them." Stiles stated as he wiped at his hair with the towel that Lydia had given him. He was leaning up against the tub that he had been in, his free hand gripping my own hand tightly. 

Scott sighed, "I made a deal with Deucalion."

"Yeah, does anybody else think that sounds like deal with the devil." Stiles remarked as he glanced around the room for some sort of agreement.

Isaac glanced at my brother, "Why does it matter anyway?"

"Because I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott shrugged, at least he was being honest. Is Jennifer really that powerful though?

Allison rolled her eyes and glanced at Deaton, "He trusts you more than anyone, tell him that he's wrong."

"I'm not so sure that he is. Circumstances like these sometimes mean that you need to align yourself with people whom you would normally consider as your enemies." Deaton stated as he glanced at everyone in the room.

Isaac clenched his jaw, "We aren't going to trust them. The guy who calls himself "death, destroyer of worlds" we're going to trust that guy?"

"Not trust him, no.. but you could use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he could also be the bait." Deaton responded.

The small bell that hangs in the doorway of the animal clinic rang, and Deaton quickly turned on his heel so he could go to the front desk. Lydia, Scott, Isaac and Allison right behind him. I went to follow, but Stiles held me in place. 

I let out a sigh as I kept my eyes focused on the ground, "Kasey you have got to talk to me." He said quietly. He sounded so upset and heartbroken that it made my chest ache, but I can't tell him what he wants to hear. I don't know what happened while he was dead, and I can't tell him something that I don't remember.

"Stiles I don't know what happened, I'm sorry but I can't tell you something that I can't remember." I mumbled, keeping my eyes fixed on the floor. 

He sighed as he spun me around, forcing me to look at him-- his eyes were telling me to just listen and not interrupt-- he's given me that look enough times for me to know what it means. "I'm not asking you to tell me about what happened. I'm asking you to talk to me. Kasey, you haven't said a word to me since I woke up."

"You didn't just wake up Stiles. You died. And I was the one that killed you." I dead-panned. The numbness I felt from the words was unsettling. I should be reacting, screaming, crying-- hell even trashing the animal clinic, but I'm not. I'm just... numb.

"I didn't have a choice, and I'm sorry that you had to be the one to hold me under, but that was Deaton's call-- not mine." Stiles responded quietly, it was obvious that he was angry with himself for how the situation happened. He didn't want me to be the one to hold him under, he didn't even want me to be witness to the ritual or whatever it was at all. 

My head was pounding, and I didn't want to sit back here and talk to him. We have entirely too much going on at the moment, and sitting back here having a heart-to-heart isn't helping the situation any. In fact, it's just making me feel worse. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry too. I don't know what happened while you were dead, but I did something-- something's different with me. I can feel it. And now we only have four hours to save our parents--" Stiles cut me off by gently placing his lips on mine, the moment that I realized what was happening I exhaled the breath I had been holding and I wrapped my arms around the base of his neck. 

This kiss felt different. I don't know if it's because my mind is still a bit fuzzy from the Ketamine-- but I don't feel like I'm kissing my Stiles. I know that sounds stupid, because I'm obviously kissing him, and he is obviously Stiles... I don't know, it's hard to explain. I've kissed him enough times to know his technique, sure he switches it up all the time with changing his pace and the amount of lust that he puts into the kiss, but it still always feels the same. And this kiss-- this one doesn't feel the same. But for some reason, I want to continue experiencing this kiss. I can feel the switch in my brain about to flick, something is different with my thought process. 

"Ahem." 

I pulled back with a groan, a very hateful groan, as I turned around to see Isaac and Scott standing in the doorway. I wiped at my lips with the back of my hand as I slid off of Stiles' lap, I hadn't even realized I had straddled him. What the hell? 

"Ethan needs Lydia's help to stop Kali and Aiden from killing Derek, she just left with him. Stiles we need you and Kasey to go to your house and get something with your dad's scent so Scott and I can try to track them." Isaac spoke up awkwardly. 

Stiles nodded, "Okay."

The ride to Stiles house was silent, and I could tell he was thinking about the kiss. He felt it too, the difference. I don't know why it is striking me so odd, but I just can't look past it. Kissing Stiles is something that I can't ever imagine not doing, and if he continues to kiss me like that, it won't ever feel the same. I didn't get the same sensations from him as I did before. That kiss was all about lust. His hands squeezing and grabbing, his tongue forcing it's way into my mouth, it wasn't right-- but for some reason I loved it. And I don't understand why. 

We were now in Sheriff Stilinski's bedroom, digging through his drawers looking for an article of clothing that Scott could smell. Stiles was on the phone with Scott at the moment, "There's a pair of underwear in his hamper."

He was silent as he rolled his eyes and tossed the underwear to the floor, "Okay how about socks? I found a sock."

I watched as he nodded to himself and then hung up the phone, sliding the blue Nokia back into his pocket. He then glanced at me and swallowed thickly, "That kiss was different. I didn't want to say anything in case you didn't know, but it was-- and it's really screwing with my head because all I want to do is kiss you again and again and again, which isn't any different really because I always want to kiss you but the kiss was different, which is why it's freaking me out." 

My eyes widened, "You noticed it too?"

He seemed to visibly relax at my response, "Yes. I have no idea what the hell happened, but it wasn't like our usual kiss."

"Maybe it was just a one time thing, like maybe we were both so beyond stressed that it turned out like that?" I suggested as I took a step closer to him, I was more then prepared to kiss him again to test out my theory. 

He blinked rapidly as his eyes darted from my lips to my eyes repeatedly, "Yeah-- yeah, I'm sure that's it... we can just--" He didn't get to finish before I pressed my mouth to his. 

The surge of electricity went through me again, and I could feel Stiles' body jolt before his hands latched themselves on my hips and he jerked my body against his. I pushed against him, pressing his back into the wall as my hands gripped his shirt tightly. I felt the shift, once again. My rational thinking was now shut off as some sort of foreign entity began to whisper commands into my ears. 

Kiss him, hard.

Make him regret leaving you.

Stiles seemed to be experiencing something eerily similar, because he grabbed underneath my thighs and lifted me into the air, my legs unconsciously wrapped around his waist as he led me towards his father's bed. I have no idea what the hell is going on, but this is something we haven't done before. I keep hearing my own voice nagging about the Lunar Eclipse and our parents in the back of my mind, but this new voice, this new sultry and sex crazed voice is telling me to rip off Stiles' shirt, and for some stupid reason-- I decide to listen to it. 

My fingers were expertly pulling his shirt over his head and then trailing down his chest to the waistband of his jeans, swirling around the button teasingly. Stiles was kissing me, hard-- his arms were planted on both sides of my body, supporting himself as he began to adjust himself on top of me, his knees were now adjacent to my waist and his hands were beside my shoulders-- I don't know what I'm doing, or how I know what I'm doing. Something was definitely wrong with me. 

"I--I can't stop," Stiles panted out as his lips trailed across my collarbone, nipping at the skin. I winced at the sharp pain, but that little voice inside of my head whispered, No darling... that's good.

"Stiles, you're hurting me." I rasped out as I tried to push him off, but instead I grabbed at his waist and tugged him down, forcing his lips back onto mine. This isn't right. 

"You're hurting me." He mumbled as he shuddered underneath my fingers raking up his back, my nails pressing into his skin. What is wrong with us? Why are we doing this? 

Kiss him. You love him. Don't fight it. He love's you. Love him. Forget the lunar eclipse. Have sex with him. You want this. He wants this. Don't fight it. Kasey this is for you. You need this.

That stupid voice was whispering more things in my head and they were starting to become violant. Finally, something in my brain flicked the switch back and I shoved Stiles off of me. He fell beside me on the bed, breathing heavily as he glanced up at the ceiling. 

"What the hell just happened?" He panted. 

"I have no idea." 

"Make sure your seat-belt is on, the storm's getting bad." Stiles rushed out as he sped down the road. We have decided to pin the conversation of the demented make-out session for later. And right now, we were trying to get to the nematon, which is somewhere in the woods. 

I clicked my seat-belt on ran my hands over my face, "Babe slow down. I know we're in a hurry but we won't be doing anyone any favors if you crash and kill us."

"Kasey, we are running out of time." He stated as a tree branch flew in front of the jeep, he slowed down enough to where we didn't crash into it, thank god. 

My eyes widened and I gripped onto the arm rest tightly. The road in front of us was masked with fog and flying debris, I honestly have no idea how Stiles can see anything at all. "Stiles, babe please--" 

My sentence felt short as I began to scream as Stiles swerved off the road, yelling as well. I don't know what just happened but he lost control of the jeep and we went flying down a hill, and then I blacked out.

I jolted with a gasp as a rush of pain shot through my body, my head snapped up and slammed against the headrest of the seat. What the hell? I blinked rapidly as I tried to settle my vision and figure out what the hell was going on. A moan of pain escaped me as I struggled with my seat-belt. 

Stiles groaned from beside me and slowly turned his head to face me, "Are you okay?" He asked, his voice raspy. 

"Yeah, I think so. Are you?" I hissed as another shot of pain went through me. I am going to be so sore tomorrow.

My seat-belt finally gave way and I let out a huff as I started to help Stiles with his, after a moment of struggle we were both free and stumbling out of the jeep. The storm was still raging, and the leaves from the trees were flying all around us. 

"Do you remember where it is from here?" I asked him as I watched him retrieve a metal bat from the back of the jeep.

He nodded, "Yeah, come on." He then grabbed my hand and began to tug me along with him through the woods. I have no idea where the hell we're going, all I do know is that it's somewhere near where Scott originally got bit in the first place. I didn't go out with them that night, I hadn't even known that Scott left to be honest. 

"Why didn't you wake me up and ask me to go with you and Scott to find that dead body?" I asked him randomly. They usually always asked me to tag along with them, why was that night any different?

Stiles glanced at me oddly, "What?"

"The night Scott got bit, you didn't ask me to tag along with you guys like you normally do. I mean I'm not mad or anything, but why didn't you ask?" I reiterated. 

He didn't slow his pace as he answered, "I had made a promise to myself to not fawn over you that year, I was trying to get over you."

"Why?" 

Again, he didn't slow his pace or even glance at me, "Because I was starting to think that maybe you would never have feelings for me and I was just waiting around for something that would never happen."

It still surprises me that he liked me for so long and I had been oblivious to it. I don't understand how I could go so many years without noticing that he had feelings for me. I guess I'm more oblivious than I had originally thought. 

"Here it is, oh my god it's caving in!" He shouted as he pulled me with him down the hole, I could hear wood cracking and people shouting loudly. Stiles then shoved the bat under the beam that was about to fall and glanced at his dad proudly. 

"I always said aluminum was better than wood." Sheriff Stilinski stated as he pulled Stiles into his chest for a hug. My eyes darted around the cellar for my mom, when I caught sight of her I launched myself at her and embraced her tightly. 

"Oh my god I was so worried about you." I breathed out as I buried my face in the crook of her neck. She held me tightly and mumbled something I couldn't understand, but I think it was along the lines of "So was I..."

I can't believe we did it. We actually managed to save our parents. Allison and Isaac were already down here, so I'm assuming Stiles and I were late to the whole rescue situation.

It's hard to explain the types of situations that my brother and I have managed to find ourselves in. Most people would laugh and roll their eyes at two teenagers who claim to be a werewolf and a supernatural being that can connect themselves to other people and read their minds or feel their thoughts. When I think about it though, I don't think I'd change a thing. 

After Scott came and picked us up from the nebaton, things seemed to go back to normal-- or well, as close to normal as they could get I suppose. My dad doesn't appear to be leaving any time soon, but just because he's home-- does not mean that's he's welcome. Scott and I have made that very clear with the amount of times we've slammed the door in his face or I've made a hateful remark. My mom isn't pushing us to have a relationship with him either, and for that I am truly grateful. 

I talked to Deaton about the weird sex-crazed thoughts and the lack of emotion that I've been having, and he told me that the only thing he can think that could have happened was that I had connected myself to Scott or Stiles while they were dead and now I am experiencing the darkness that they have consumed. I can feel that darkness that he talked about, it's in the back of my mind telling me to do things, whispering things that I know are wrong. I don't know how to manage it yet, but I intend to learn how. 

My friends really help, Allison and Isaac seem to be getting closer to one another and Lydia seems really happy with Aiden. Ethan and Danny are my new OTP at Beacon Hills, and Stiles and I are finally able to be a normal couple again. Our kisses are back to normal, and you can bet your ass that I took extreme advantage of that. Scott and I have seemed to connect on a new level as well with my dad being back. Derek and Kora left town, and I honestly have no idea if they're coming back. As much as it pains me to say this, a part of me is going to miss him until he returns, or well if he returns. Peter has been MIA as well, I think he may have left with Derek and Kora-- or maybe he branched off on his own. 

Jennifer was killed by Deucalion, or at least that's what Scott thought. Apparently when he and Derek went back to the distillery her body was gone. I'm praying that she just crawled away and died somewhere in the woods. Jennifer killed Kali as well, so we don't have to worry about her creepy ass roaming around either. 

"What are you thinking about?" Stiles quipped as he and Scott appeared at my locker. I blinked rapidly as I closed it quickly, I really need to stop having these deep monologue's at school. 

"Nothing, just how much I love you guys." I chuckled as Scott rolled his eyes and Stiles smiled brightly. 

My brother huffed, "I'll turn my back for ten seconds. Get the kiss over with." 

True to his word he turned his back towards us and Stiles gently cupped my face with his hands as he pressed his lips to mine. I sighed blissfully as he took that familiar intake of breath and my entire body unraveled. This was how our kisses were supposed to be. This is how I want to spend every waking moment of the rest of my life. Stiles then smiled into the kiss and I knew instantly was he was about to do, just to get on Scott's nerves. He pushed me back against the locker and I wrapped my arms around the base of his neck. I could hear my brother then groan in both disgust and annoyance.

"I said kiss, not make-out!"

________________________________________________________________________

i finally posted it! this is the last chapter of this story until season 3b is finished. omg, it's crazy! the story will now officially be on hold. in the mean time you can read my other fan fiction Afraid to Fall, it's also about stiles and i really am enjoying writing it so the updates are pretty frequent. what was your favorite moment from this book so far? i would have to say mine is when stiles and kasey made out in his jeep in chapter two. also, to the side is my official trailer for 3b. check it out!!!! 

fan, vote, and comment! xx

A LOT OF YOU KEEP ASKING WHEN I AM GOING TO UPDATE AND I AM SO TIRED OF SAYING IT SO FROM NOW ON THE REQUEST WILL BE IGNORED. I AM NOT UPDATING THIS STORY UNTIL SEASON 3B IS OVER. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
510K 14.4K 16
❝ᴡᴏᴀʜ- ɢᴏᴛᴄʜᴀ!❞ --- • Acatalepsy • The impossibility of comprehending the universe. --- "Don't worry, I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet eithe...
957K 16.5K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
3.9M 93.6K 41
"You do realize that I'm supposed to tell you when you're throwing yourself into a dangerous situation and that doing this will probably get you kill...