Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 11

3.7K 71 4
By XSeasonX

well this chapter is longer, and better. it was easier writting this time. alot of maya and Dustin in this one. This is where some of the action starts, also im uploading a new story called the hunt. check it out and tell me what you think :) comment and vote....... anyway chapter 11.

Chapter 11

Maya’s POV

I finally realized what I was doing. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back, sending him stumbling away from me. “Don’t.  Touch. Me.” My voice sounding weak as a whisper. “Why Maya, we are mates after all. They’re made to e together. We all make mistakes.” His voice echoed, Strong and sure. “Well mates don’t reject each other, just because of status. You didn’t like me before so why do you like me now? no one liked me before and you rejected me for not being good enough? Change your mind now? well so did I. I'm with Chris and I don’t want a mate like you.” My voice came out strong as I said that.

Confident with each step I took towards him, I leaned in and brushed my lips against his ear. “how does it feel to be replaced? How does it feel to have to watch your mate be with someone else while you wish you were” I said whispering my feelings of that day to him. watching him go around and be with other people, and after what Chris told me about Emily? He was with others while I was gone. I felt it and even at the time when he rejected me, he was with someone. I didn’t know who because I didn’t keep tabs on his life but someone.

I walked out the door back to the bon fire. I sat back down beside Chris and leaned my head on his shoulder . “I'm getting tired now I think I might head in”. “ok, ill come with you, mostly everyone is gone now.” he replied lifting me up and carrying me. “you don’t have to carry me, I can walk” I laughed. “well your tired, and you deserve it” he smirked as he walked into the house. we passed the kitchen and Dustin was still there. Standing leaning against the counter, he looked straight at us with a cold emotionless face. I turned my head not wanting to look at him anymore. It wasn’t worth it,  that was over and done with.

Chris opened my door and threw me down on the bed. I laughed as he landed beside me. “stay here tonight” I whispered into his ear. I turned on my side to see him smiling at me. “your so beautiful” he looked at me with soft and caring eyes as he said that. There was no doubt that Chris was the best “thank you.” I replied getting up. I grabbed some PJ pants and went into the washroom to change. Coming back out in a tank top and the pants. I jumped on him as I heard a off from under me. “whoops guess I jumped on the wrong side” I said laughing into his side. I rolled off of him and snuggled into his side. this is where I was supposed to be. I fell asleep like that.

I opened my eyes and squinted looking at the clock. Something had woken me up it was 4am. I looked over to see Chris peacefully sleeping beside me. I groaned and sat up rubbing my hands at my eyes. I looked around the room. Something was slightly off. My door was slightly cracked open. I got up and stumbled over, falling because my legs were still asleep. But before I could fall arms reached up and grabbed me.

The tingles in my arms said it all. It was Dustin “what the hell are you doing in my room!” I spat quietly. I didn’t want to wake Chris and alarm him.

Dustin’s POV

I thought about what she had said long and hard. It hurt me, no it cut my heart deeply to imagine her with someone else. I did reject her but I didn’t want to loose her. those girls when she left were used as a replacement to her, I just didn’t know it yet. I couldn’t get my mind off her when she left and I guess I used that as a distraction. And I was only now figuring it out because now was when I decided to acknowledge I needed her.

I stared as I heard the back door come open and slam back shut. Chris walked by carrying Maya bridal style. I didn’t show any emotion as they looked over at me. I met eyes with Maya but she quickly turned away. Probably not expecting me to be there still. I was still standing leaning against the counter top thinking about her.

I stood there several minutes before I decided to get some sleep. I went up to my room and laid down in my cold empty bed. I wanted her. I wanted her bad. I needed her bad. It wasn’t a statement, it was a fact. After seeing that I couldn’t sleep I crept down the hallway towards her room. I had to see her, I would be there with her one night. Just not tonight.

I crept up to her door. Sneaking around in a house full of werewolf’s wasn’t easy. I opened her door slightly and slipped in. I looked over and her and walked up to her bed. Chris was sleeping beside her. she was cuddled into his side. of course she was…… I knew if I growled it would wake her up but I couldn’t stop myself as I low rumble came up from my chest. I swiftly moved over into the shadows on the other part of her room. She would wake up, realise no one was there and go back to sleep. that’s what she should do.

But instead she decided to sit fully up and walk her hands over her eyes, waking herself up. She got up, but her legs were still asleep.  My reactions gave me straight away as I dashed towards her putting my arms around her waist pulling her back up. 7

“what the hell are you doing in my room” she spat angrily. “ I just came to check on you, I had to see you” I admitted sheepishly. “well you can get out now.” she stated. Very rudely might I add. “why is Chris here” I ignored her protest to get me out. “because I want him here, but as for you I don’t so why don’t you get out before Chris wakes up.” She said. “well because I don’t want too, if you come and talk with me then I promise you I will leave you alone for the rest of the night. If you don’t I will continuously bug you every night.” I said, with a smirk. It was obvious I won.

She thought about it for a second before nodding swiftly then walking out.  I followed her as she walked into my room. Every room was sound proof when you closed the door, so it was best to talk in here. “so what did you want now?” she asked.

“well there’s a lot of thing I would like. But only one I need . and it’s you. Maya I need you to give ma a chance, how much pleading do I have to do, you’re killing me here. I give up just stop your little game”  my voice came out kind of forced.

That made her narrow her eyes at me “give you a chance? Really you have the nerve to ask that? Well no. and what little game? I'm not playing any stupid game with you. Don’t flatter yourself.” She said crossing her arms across her chest.

“ok I'm sorry I didn’t mean little game. But don’t you think you’re being un-reasonable here, your starting to sound like a brat” I stated. Getting a little annoyed myself. “excuse me? I'm being a brat? Wow ok well after a your mate rejects you and stomps all over your heart like he doesn’t care then come and talk to me about being a brat.” She said standing straighter. “I SAID I WAS SORRY. You don’t have to hold everything against a person.” I fired back at her. “well sometimes sorry just isn’t good enough” she stated giving me one last soft look then turning around and walking out. “just stop, it’s not like I did anything to you. I simply rejected you and lost track for a little, it couldn’t have been that bad. And I'm offering to be with you now” I said as she reached the end of the door. She turned back around with cold hard look on her face “no its not just the rejection. I could have gotten over that. I’ve heard mistakes of mates rejecting each other. It’s the fact that I was alone out there fighting for my sister and my life while you were back here supporting your fathers decision to let my sister die and sleep around. You did nothing to help me. you didn’t take my side. but most of all what hurt the most is that you didn’t care. And  your acting like you’re doing me a favor by offering to take me back, and that this is all my fault. Well get over yourself. I'm not gonna be a easy girl and take you back just like that. Being out there for months on your own makes you realise things. You don’t know half the shit I went through in life. Don’t do me any favours.” And with that she walked out.

I stood there speechless. What? I guess I kind of screwed that up. But she thought I didn’t care about her? well sure I lost track for a little, but still I now realise I do care about her. I don’t know what to do.

I walked over and laid on my back staring at the celling replaying that whole scene in my head. It was obvious that I did more to her than I thought. But I wasn’t going to loose her that easy. I was blind when I rejected someone as special and as beautiful as her. I would do whatever it takes to get her back now.

----------

Maya’s POV

I can’s believe he had the nerve to say that. After everything he’s blaming me. he’s even stupider than I thought. I didn’t need him at all. I went back to bed. Letting myself forget about him for a while.

When I woke up in the morning I got up quietly. Chris was still sleeping. Guess he must be really tired to sleep this much. I took a nice hot shower and changed into some black jeans and a blue long sleeve top.

It was only 9 am so most of the pack was sleeping. I would have to get back to school soon. seeing as winter break was almost over. I skipped the last month of school to go on a search for mars. But I could easily make up the lost work.

I skipped a grade and was a senior this year. I was smart. We had 1 and a half more weeks till the weekend then we would have to go back to the hell hole Monday morning bright and early.

I made myself some pancakes and malted some chocolate on it. I felt like something yummy and fattening. I scarfed down 3 pancakes by the time I was full. I could feel my wolf inside me dying to get out. I haven’t gone for a run since I’ve bin back actually. My side still hurt a little but I could cope with it. I took off my clothes at the tip of the forest and left them by a tree marked with a red line of blood.

I ran fast on my paws and folded my ears back. I wanted to run all my problems away. I ran towards a nearby lake that I didn’t even know was there. I laid down on the hard ground and rested. My body still heaved up and down form the long run I had took. But It felt nice to go for a run. My lungs burned with need for air and my legs felt loose and light.

A rustle in the bush jolted me though. I got up on barred my teeth warning away any predators. Jace’s wold stepped out instead. I cocked my head to the side ‘what are you doing here’ I questioned ‘I was just about to ask the same thing. I just went out for a run and guess what I found’ he said. his voice got quieter at the end. ‘what happened’ I asked curious ‘well I found a big spot marked with blood. It had a peace of paper pinned to the ground. And you wouldn’t guess what was on it.’ He added. ‘hat, just spit it out.’ I was running out of patience ‘it was a threat saying they wanted Maya Duffield and if they didn’t get her, they would attack the pack and kill all the hostages they have. There was more but I think you should read it for yourself.’ He said.

What? Why do they want me? was I the target all along? Maybe they wanted me but took mars as a bate. Luke Lucas and Tara’s sister. I had to find a way to save them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 224 16
Y/n was just having a amazing life. Her Parents are loving, has good friends, and she always visiting her favorite place of all, Willy's Wonderland.B...
2.2K 122 23
it was a crazy night with crazy people. all of a sudden, all the guys are falling for her, her cousin is dead, her brother is gay, and her life is fa...
50.8K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
132 38 26
Allison had a sort of normal life?, then when she was 22, she was kidnapped, and then left on the streets of New York, then as she meets the man she'...