The One That Got Away

By mercedes04h

My heart was broken when he pursued his dream. I was left behind like a child does when the new toy is no lon... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 11

89 0 0
By mercedes04h

Hey guys! Well here is the next chapter and I hope you guys like it! M has finally found the key to victory!!!!!!!! Yipee!! Now, I'm hoping to get Chapter 12 up maybe this upcoming Friday since I think something major is going to happen maybe like i don't know....M AND TAYLOR DO IT!!!!!!!!! thats only if i feel generous. Maybe I should have M hold out on Taylor and make him pay for holding out on her....Geezz...i don't know.Remember comment is you have questions or just give feedback. Oh! I also wanted to ask you guys about how you 'd feel if i made this story Rated R. I don't know if you guys are interested in that kind of thing. Let me know!!!  Anyways, happy reading!

The bell rang, signaling that second period was over. I dropped off my math book in my locker and took a couple of deep breaths to calm my hormones down. I had to keep them in check if I wanted to continue my plan.

I couldn’t see Taylor anywhere and decided to continue the plan. I was looking for one of Omar’s friends to escort me to class. I spotted him. He was tall. I mean 6 feet 7 inches. Daniel was liked by everyone. Girls would blush crazily when he’d walked by or he’d say hi. He was very charismatic and had the most beautiful smile.

“Daniel!” I yelled. He spotted me and waved. He closed his locker and threw his back pack over his shoulder.

“Hey M,” he said and hugged me. I also loved his cologne. He claimed it was his shampoo that made him smell that way. I tried not to linger more than it was proper otherwise it would seem creepy.

We pulled away and he granted me his full and complete attention. “How may I be of assistance?”

Oh and I forgot to say that he was a gentleman. His manners and chivalry made the girls swoon.

“What makes you think I need help?” I teased.

“Well, you’re dressed to perfection and if I may say this without getting the wrong idea that you look very sexy as hell.” He said and gave me his award winning smile.

“Okay, I won’t beat around the bush. I need masculine help.” I said.

“Uhh…I thought you hated male help.” He said confused.

“I mean that I need you to talk to your guy friends and have them flirt with me all day.” I said calmly.

Daniel laughed and stopped immediately when he saw I wasn’t. “Oh! You’re actually serious. Why?”

I sighed and didn’t want to tell him for who it was. So, instead I told a white lie. “Daniel, I’m sure you’ve gone through break-ups. At the moment, I want to feel pretty. I didn’t wear this outfit for nothing. I want him to know what he’s missing out on and if hot guys flirting shamelessly with me will help raise my self-esteem then so be it.”

“Do you need to talk about it?” Daniel asked, sympathy layered in his tone.

“No, but I do need guys flirting with me. So will you help me or not?” I demanded.

“Sure, anything for you M.” he said and placed his arm over my shoulder.

“Come on, I’ll walk you to class.” He said and pulled me in the direction of the science department.

Daniel was telling me a funny story about his summer vacation when we arrived at my class. I laughed hard when he told me that he had walked in on his parents getting it on under a tree. I felt bad for him, but I couldn’t help my laughter.

The tardy bell was going to ring any minute now so I gave Daniel a kiss on the cheek. “Thanks.”

“No problem,” he said and winked at me before turning to leave for his class. I walked in and sat in yesterday’s seat.

It was obvious that Omar, Bella and Taylor had seen what went down between Daniel and me. “Umm…M? What was up with you and Daniel?” Bella asked.

“Nothing, why?” I asked ‘surprised.’

“He escorted you to class and it seemed like you guys were a little too close to each other. Are you guys going out?” Bella asked suspiciously.

I purposely hesitated and said, “No, of course not. Daniel is just a good friend to me.”

I avoided Taylor’s stare and turned to the board. We were going to work on a Lab today and we were supposed to partner up. Your partner would be the person across from you and lucky me Taylor was sitting across from me. I saw Bella out when the teacher said that.

We got our materials and put on the safety goggles and aprons on. When we went to the working stations Taylor was in a quiet mood. I knew he was bothered but I pretended not to notice. As class continued, Taylor was trying to be a gentleman and helping out the girls who “didn’t” know how to operate the hot plate. I was stuck doing the work by myself while they flirted with him.

“Hey, hot stuff.” One of Daniel’s friends came to talk to me.

I played along and said, “Sup.”

“So, I heard you and Gio broke up last night and I just wanted to tell you that if you need a shoulder to cry on or feel lonely just hit me up. I’ll be there in an instant.” He tried to sound seductively but sounded more like a stocker.

I tried not to laugh in his face and said, “Oh yeah?”

“Oh yeah, we can chill at my place. I’ll even help you get that sexy thing off you if it helps you.” He said and checked me out.

I had to force myself not to shudder at his comment and just pasted a fake smile on my face. “Thanks, but I think I’ll be fine with my clothes on.”

“Let me know if you change your mind. You know how to get in touch with me.” He said before he turned around and went back to his lad station.

Throughout the whole conversation I had not realized that Taylor had gotten away from the girls and was working on our lab. I went back to measure an amount of liquid when Taylor stared at me for a couple of seconds.

“Can you pass me the slut-o-meter?” He asked pointing at the thermometer.

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to not sound jealous. “Sorry, the only one that can touch that is you man whore.”

“I’m the man whore?” His tone disbelieving.

“Of course! ‘Oh Taylor! I don’t know how this thing works. Can you help me turn it on? I think it’s broken.’” I mimicked the groupies.

“It sounds to me like someone is jealous.” He said and turned back to the lab.

He was on to me. I could see that he was angry because his jaw was set and his muscles were hard.

“It sounds to me like someone needs to keep his nose out of my business.” I tried to lower my tone because I didn’t want people to hear our conversations.

“Careful, kitten. Don’t push me or I will grab you and prove to this crowd that no one talks to my girl like that. The least you can do is turn down the guy without flirting back.” He said but refused to acknowledge that he was talking to me.

On the outside it looked as if we were just making small talk since we were facing our equipment. But if someone were to get close they’d hear us.

“Try to and I will introduce you to my friend the knee.”I said sweetly.

Taylor chuckled. My tactic wasn’t working and frankly I started losing hope. The rest of the day passed slowly. In every opportunity there was, I flirted and was flirted with. By the end of the day, I had talked to more guys then I had in my whole entire life. Daniel came through on his promise and I owed him a thank you note and maybe a dinner too.

I also noticed that Taylor had gotten very quiet. Sometimes when I’d catch him staring I’d see the lustful monster with a pained expression. Or sometimes I’d see the old Taylor, laughing carelessly and free of problems. It was definitely not helping my hormones.

I was in my choir class and the teacher was randomly talking. I wasn’t paying attention and I wasn’t interested in what she was saying. Fragments of the song were circling in my head. “If I could have just one night, to be with you…It’s hidden in the scars.”

If I had a guitar with me, it would bring the song to live. We were seated in the auditorium. The class seemed quite bored and the teacher was trying to teach the class something. Jasmine, “my girlfriend”, was seated next to me and was low key texting her boyfriend. I wanted class to be over so I could go home and write out the song. My foot was tapping the floor non-stop. My fingers tapping the armrest and I was practically out of my seat the whole time.

“Hey, what’s making you anxious? Got a date?” Jasmine teased.

“I need a guitar!” I almost shouted with exasperation.

“Is it that bad?” She asked. She knew that when I asked for a guitar was because I had a song in my head and wouldn’t stop jumping until I had one in my hands and the song was written.

“Yes! I’ve had it stuck in here for a whole day and it’s ready to come out. I need Lola!” I said.

“Let’s try some relaxing techniques. Sit down and don’t fidget.” She ordered.

“But…” I sighed and obliged when she gave me the no shenanigans look.

The teacher decided to intervene in that moments and said, “Is there a problem back there Jasmine?”

“No ma’am.” She said and the teacher continued on with the lesson.

Jasmine turned back to me and whispered in my ear. “Take a deep breath and close your eyes.”

I did what she asked and waited for more instructions. “Now, think about that someone who has you all flabbergasted. Think about him and think dirty if you must. You’re in your room with him. It starts out with a simple kiss. He loves to tug your hair sometimes and you find it adoring. As the minutes tick by, the kiss gets more heated and passionate. Pretty soon, you’re both in bed, ripping each other’s clothes off. You want him in and he wants to get it in. Then…”

The bell rang I slowly opened my eyes. “Better?” She asked.

Not in the least. I thought but I just nodded to make her feel better. “All right, I’ve got to go. I made myself a bit excited with the sex talk. See you tomorrow.”

I waved bye and continued staring at the ceiling. Somehow, somewhere, and sometime I was going to make Taylor cave. I got up and left to my locker. Naomi was talking with some of the normals and walked away from them when she saw me.

“Hey,” she said.

“What’s up?” I asked while opening my locker door.

“You look hot today and yet you don’t look happy. What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Well…I was hoping to get laid but my plan isn’t working.” I admitted.

“With who?” She asked nosily.

“I’m not going to say who. I just want him badly.” I said and I felt my cheeks get hot.

“Is it Daniel? I heard he was officially single after 4th period today. I wouldn’t blame you if you like him. He’s hot.”

“He is hot.” I agreed just to get her off my back.

“Well, if you’d ask me sooner I would have helped you. You have to invite him over to your house and be the romantic one. You have to be seductive and-”

I cut her off and said, “I’ve already done that. He’s determined to take it slow and not do it.”

“Did you play the naughty girl card?”

“Yes! It got him hard but he regained his control last minute.” I said.

“Damn…how about sexy lingerie?”

“I slept without a bra on and my tank top was like a second skin. It got his friend to play but not him.” I said disappointedly.

“I’ve never been farther than that. All of those tactics usually work on any guy.” She admitted surprised.

“Thanks Naomi. That makes me feel so much better.” I said sarcastically and closed my door.

“Maybe he’s gay.” She suggested.

“Nope, definitely not. His kisses turn me the f*ck on and his hands are like a match that sets my body on fire. I’m pretty damn sure he is not gay.” I said confidently.

“Is he a virgin?” She asked.

“He says he is but if he was then how do you explain the passionate kissing and the right moments to touch me.” I asked.

“There’s always porn.” She said.

“True,” I said without argument.

“M, maybe he’s afraid of hurting you. If it’s his first time than he doesn’t want to hurt you at all.” She said.

“The only way he is hurting me is by holding out on me. My hormones can’t take the heat and the passion he brings out in me.” I said.

“Has he ever hurt you before?” She asked.

I hesitated and said, “Yes.”

“I’m thinking since he’s hurt you before he doesn’t want to hurt you again. Whether it is physically the first time or emotionally. He just doesn’t want to cause you any type of harm. Instead of seducing him, try convincing him that he is not going to hurt you or if you like having the upper hand. Try manipulating him.” She said.

I was actually surprised at this. For once, Naomi had a point. “N, have you considered being a psychologist?”

“Nah, I don’t think I have the gift for it.” She said.

I laughed because she had just giving me the key to victory. I was pretty damn sure that is what kept Taylor from being in my pants. He hurt me badly 3 years ago and didn’t want to hurt me again. Typical Taylor move to put other’s needs before his.

“I’ll see you later. I’ve got to strategize my new plan tonight.” I said and hugged her goodbye.

“Good luck! Let me know how it goes.” She said and winked at me before I turned away. I checked the time and I was 10 minutes late to detention. The security guard was going to kill me unless I negotiated food in return. I stopped to buy food at the student store. When I was done, I ran to detention and was lucky to get in.

The security guard gave me an appreciation look because of the food and signaled me to sit. I sat in the back where no one could bug me. I had 40 minutes left in detention and I was going to die of boredom.

That is until Taylor walked in and made my day even better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.5K 36
Life gave me another chance with him and all i'm going to do is break his heart. What would you do if life suddenly gave you another chance to be wi...
17.7K 423 20
"One for every year I've been without you," He says, with me bent over his knee. I moan loudly. "One," Smack. God I'm practically melting with him. "...
486K 12.9K 39
What happens when you realise the man who owns your heart no longer treasures it? The man you fell in love with no longer exists? Do you stay? Or do...
34.2K 3.1K 29
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...