Assassin's Bride

By TheQueenofDarkness

#1 Action. "Promise me Cloud," Faith implored her voice barely audible. She lifted her gaze up at him... More

Assassin's Bride
Assassin's Bride Chp1
Assassin's Bride Chp2
Assassin's Bride Chp3
Assassin's Bride Chp4
Assassin's Bride Chp5
Assassin's Bride Chp6
Assassin's Bride Chp7
Assassin's Bride Chp8
Assassin's Bride Chp10
Assassin's Bride Chp11
Assassin's Bride Chp12
Assassin's Bride Chp13
Assassin's Bride Chp14
Author's Note
Assassin's Bride Chp15
Assassin's Bride Chp16
Assassin's Bride Chp17
Assassin's Bride Chp18
Assassin's Bride Chp19
Assassin's Bride Chp20
Assassin's Bride Chp21
Assassin's Bride Chp22
Assassin's Bride Chp23
Assassin's Bride Chp24
Assassin's Bride Chp25
Assassin's Bride Chp26
Assassin's Bride Chp27
Assassin's Bride Chp28
Assassin's Bride Chp29
Assassin's Bride Chp30
Assassin's Bride Chp31
Assassin's Bride Chp32
Assassin's Bride Chp33
Assassin's Bride Chp34
Assassin's Bride Chp35
Assassin's Bride Chp 36
Assassin's Bride Chp37
Assassin's Bride Chp38
Assassin's Bride Chp39
Assassin's Bride Chp40
Assassin's Bride Chp41

Assassin's Bride Chp9

69.6K 1.8K 143
By TheQueenofDarkness

Check out the song on the side, its one of my favs, by none other than the king of rap, Eminem: Monster. Picture of ALEXANDER on the side.

__________________________________________________

§•• I have never seen a greater monster or miracle in the world than myself §••

*Cloud*

Returning back home from my heavy and chancy mission in Venice. Mother had informed me about Faith, she had discovered it was not a usual accident, she had been petrified knowing someone was following her. I merely voiced my thoughts on visiting Faith which she had loved saying it was my obligation to make sure the woman who would provide me dominance and supremacy in the assassin world should be far from the reach of harm. Of course I couldn't deny mother her wish so I left the house disinclined.

The first thing that reached my ears was delicate steady heartbeats. It wasn't clear to me as to why I could hear them. The jutsu was always under my control but here standing just a door from Faith was another case. I could hear her heart, as if thumping inside my own chest like distant drums, so close that I could almost touch the strings that knot her heart together.

Just like the previous encounter the owner of the mysterious heart had been unspeaking. I couldn't be blamed and condemned for my gaze that stayed on Faith for a little longer than anticipated. There and then at the very sight of me, they had started beating rapidly causing a nonstop earthquake around me. It addled my brain beyond imagination. So far I did not have any theory on how her heart can traverse the boundaries of my tricks!

Driving back to home, accompanied by Alina and Mia, my thoughts lingered to what one of Alexander's men informed me back in Italy but at the same time I listened to the ladies, who chatted animatedly in the car. They were indeed trailing her, getting so close that the girl was actually injured. It was indubitable they were following Faith only because her name was chained with mine, they will not stop at any cost, and they will kill her if I do not kill them first.

I pretended to be abstracted as Mia discussed the woman my mother had chosen as my future wife, to be an assassin's bride. "Isn't she just lovely?" then slightly twisted in her seat to look back at Alina who sat behind me.

"I agree she has this aura around her, which is hard to neglect," Alina grinned, oblivious of my gaze on her in the rear view mirror.

"I hope the injury she has doesn't affect her much," Alina spoke sadly, trying to gain my attention. I chuckled in my brain at their endeavor of persuading me.

"Faith is too nice to be hurt. Am I not right Cloud?" Mia's voice brought me back, literally. I turned to look at her confused. "You weren't listening to what we were saying, were you?"

"Sorry ladies," I snickered.

"Oh you're just like your brother." she sighed. "Rory doesn't pay much heed either. Never mind that, as I was saying, don't you think Faith is a nice person?"

"Is she?" I replied her question with a question of my own.

"Yes she is, I have met her twice now and I believe she is sweet," Mia smiled, looking back at Alina for support. I looked in the rear view mirror to see her gazing at the passing buildings.

"Mai is absolutely right and I think it is the main reason Rosalina picked Faith," Alina looked up her eyes met mine in the rear view mirror. I tried to hide my smile at their lack of knowledge of the truth.

"I can never be sure what reasons my dear mother had,"

"We know you know everything," she rolled her eyes at me causing me to laugh at her reaction."If you did not know the reason, why did you come to visit her today?" Alina smirked. I looked at the road then back in the rear view mirror.

"Mother wishes I spend time with Faith," I scratched my jaw.

"Are you going to consider the marriage proposal, Cloud?" Mia asked hopefully, almost desperately.

"I need some time. You both are well aware I have not one but two dangers hanging from my neck it would take time deciding if I am fully prepared to involve an innocent girl," the serious tone in my voice welcomed silence for a minute or so.

"Yes, but I sensed she did not have negative feelings for you," Mia delivered. Here I couldn't restrain it any longer so I threw my head back and guffawed.

"I assume I have given her no reason to not have such feelings for me," and joked.

After a while I stopped the car in front of the entrance, the ladies got out giving me some time to kill the engine. I clicked the locked button of the remote, turned around to walk inside the house but stopped, seeing Mia waiting for me.

"And do you know what I sense from you?" she asked.

"And what's that?" I frowned.

Mia clapped her hands together, shifted her weight on her other leg and stared at me for a while. "You do not have negative feelings towards her either," with that she walked away. I stared at the spot she was just standing, taken aback. I will not repudiate, seeing Faith earlier, the sudden increase of her innocent heart beats did enchant me, but there is nothing more than that. I have not had a normal chat with the girl yet. This cannot be possible.

My cell vibrated ceasing my thoughts, looking down the screen flashed Alexander's name. "Speak,"

"I have news," his tired voice sounded from the line.

"About?"

"The man following the girl," my spine stiffed upon hearing that. "Is not Malcolm's man"

"Then who can possibly know about her?" I growled at the sudden annoyance that wrapped my body.

"I don't know man, this person is extremely brilliant at what they are doing, it seems like there is no clue at all," his sighed.

"Alexander just try and find out who they are,"

"I am on it," then he cut the line.

I ran my fingers in my hair, mind outstretching every corner. Malcolm will not rest at any cost from destroying me. If this man was not his pet then who is brave enough to meddle in my affairs. Thinking it over and over again, my thoughts came to a screeching halt at a wild and alarming conclusion and my fists clenched at the mere thought of it.

No, anyone but them!

"What has got you so worried?" a voice to my left demanded.

"Matters that should not be spoken out loud, Rory," I replied without looking at him. I have to notify to father as soon as possible, if what I think is true, chaos will rise in the form of a deadly war!

"I heard you are planning to talk to her face to face," I looked left; Rory was leaning casually on my car for support, with thumbs stuffed in his pockets.

"Yes I have to," he nodded.

"Before you do that, there is something I want to ask you Cloud," he said. I turned my body to give him my full attention and gave him a look to carry on. "I heard from Tybalt that it was you who learned who Faith really was, even after all the shielded doors our mother had created," he tilted his head, interested.

I grinned and gave him a nod, "In my job nothing is hidden from me, no matter how much mother tries to protect it,"

"And once mother knew you found out all her secrets she brought forth the option of marriage, which I also heard from Tybalt, you agreed?"

"Yes,"

"Good," he stood straight letting seconds tick. "You know what you are getting yourself into, right?" he stared at me, straight in the eyes, searching the depths of my soul.

"Of course brother,"

"Well then, if you need anything I am always there for you."

~~

Alexander did not call back whole night, sending my nerves to frenzy. The following morning, my mood was sore, dreaming the faces of the men I slaughtered in Venice, did not allow me to have a peaceful slumber. I tossed my shirts on bed, unable to decide what to wear, none of the shirts really did appeal to my foul mood. Nevertheless I grabbed a gray shirt with jeans, as I was buttoning my shirt, the awaited call sang.

"Speak," I demanded.

"Cloud I am waiting for you in the guest quarter," Alexander said then cut the line. I frowned, and then at once dashed out of the room, down the stairs and out of the main door. My car was parked in the drive way, looking around I knew no one had left for work, it was too early or perhaps I was too early.

With the start of the engine the vehicle roared to life, I reversed the car, then jammed the shift into D and drove away from house, toward the guest quarters. It took me almost thirty seconds, once there my eyes fell upon a figure waiting for my arrival. Alexander.

Taking my time, I got out, shut the door and walked, the pebble rocks protested against my shoes as I passed the gigantic rock statue that was decorated in front of the doors. Alexander knit his brows as the sun raise fell on him; it was too early for us to be here even the fog lingered around us.

"Good morning," I said,

"There is nothing good on this particular morning," Alexander retort.

I walked passed him, opened the door and switched on the lights. I kept walking, until we reached the patio room, stepping in I grinned at the early morning light that passed in through the windows, it was amazing to be here in the morning. A clicking sound made me turn in time to see my friend close the glass door with his finger.

"Well, you have to serve yourself today; there was not enough time for me to inform anyone that we will pay a visit here,"

"I already ate," Alex said, sitting on the couch, throwing his leg over the other.

"You did?" I asked then threw the car remote on the table to look in the refrigerator for something.

"I haven't slept from two days," he sighed.

"Oh yes, after Italy I showered other missions on your shoulder, forgive me Alexander," I apologized pushing the cap of the ice tea cans inside to open them.

"Don't man, I chose this life so sleepless nights come free in the package," he joked, grabbing the can and taking a long gulp.

"Tell me," I turned to face him, he inhaled.

"Whoever they are I can't trace them Cloud, this person has nothing that can be detected. I tried everything I could." Alexander delivered the news in an eerie tone.

"So it's guaranteed this person is not Malcolm's pet," I spat as agitation spread.

"No, they are not," he agreed.

I believed in Alexander's information more than my own brothers, if he says the person following Faith is not from my past, then there is an enormous possibility they are involved. Things did not seem well at all, this was not happening, not so fast. I imagined they will detect it after the engagement or sometime after that but this is sooner than any of us imagined.

Rubbing my stubble, I looked around, thinking, thinking about what to do next. Then I noticed Alexander had not moved an inch. I studied his face, he was unsure, almost afraid and that made me angry. "There is more isn't it?" I growled, stepping towards him.

He cleared his throat and sat straight, rested his elbows on his thighs clapping his hands and letting them hanging between his legs "I don't know how the fuck he found this out but Malcolm knows, he knows about Faith. Her parents are leaving for some meeting tomorrow and he plans on finishing her," his voice was barely a whisper but I heard them loud and clear. A fire lit inside me, inflaming every fiber in my being. The walls of my composure cracked a bit then I pushed them aside and looked my friend in the eyes.

"You sure about this,"

He nodded firmly, "Hundred percent,"

"Son of a bitch," I cursed under my breath taking note how Alex raised a brow. It was known I did not curse, nor did I like anyone cursing in front of me, but at times like this, where luck and time are against me my tongue slips. "Well then, meet me in front of her house tomorrow, before dusk," I growled through gritted teeth.

"Cloud my man, you sure you want to do this?" his voice shook slightly.

"If someone is dying because of me I have to, and if Malcolm, my mighty master wishes to send his rapid dogs I will open the doors of death with my own hands for them,"

A silent so severe spread in the room it almost began to crawl on my skin "Speaking of Malcolm he has been moving a lot lately, his current whereabouts are unknown, where do you think he is hidden?" Alexander broke the silence of which I was grateful.

"Giving it a wild guess, probably Afghanistan or Chechnya," I guessed. "Then again he is not a fool to hide in the places I would go looking for him in the first place," I told him, pacing in the room.

"Do you think he would actually dare to hide in Chechnya where all the creed seekers live not to mention the royal himself?"

I chuckled without any trace of humor in it. "Seekers have no idea about Malcolm, he is my problem not theirs. If they did want to get involved, father would have stepped in the very first time Malcolm became a threat, which was of course seven years ago when I stopped being his pet," my hand tightened around the can.

I did not stop my pacing having just a day did not fit in my brain, there has to be a plan to bring them all down and assassinate them. This immature game of cat and mouse has gone far too long for me to just sit back, relax and wait for seekers to do act. They only care and protect their clans and I am sure I have to finish this fracas on my own.

Possibilities of the greater danger than Malcolm have already risen from their deadly slumber. They know Faith has been attached with me; little more investigation about the girl, everything dear mother protected all this time will be unveiled.

"Keep me apprised if you find something new," I told Alexander, grabbing the car remote and starting to leave.

"Where are you going?" he stood up, looking confused.

"I have to talk to father as soon as possible,"

"About Malcolm?" he frowned.

"Malcolm is not the only problem here Alexander," I replied hastily.

"What is that suppose to mean?" he interrogated puzzled.

Running a quick hand through my hair I slowed my bouncing leg. "I think the Clans have just stepped in the scene,"

"No!" he paled.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~**~

Six hours later

The sign of the cafe creaked in the wind as I opened the door. Few eyes looked up to see the new costumer then back to their life. I did not pay much attention to them and searched for the person I was here for. A ghost of a smile played on my lips when I saw her, Faith sat in the far corner of the cafe, typing continuously on her laptop. She had nothing in front of her aside from a glass of water; her whole concentration was on what she was doing.

I walked to where she sat, standing just a feet behind her; I stared at the screen of her laptop. 'Assassins' read the title of her essay, this was the blog she owned, the very blog I had checked the day she informed us about it.

Stepping to the right I cleared my throat; she jumped a little at the sudden interruption and looked up. "Is this seat taken?" I smiled.

Her eyes went wide, heartbeats picking up at an alarming speed. Faith blinked many times before replying, "No, it's not," before I could sit on the chair facing hers, she shut the lid of her laptop. "What are you doing here, Cloud?" it was clear she was taken aback by my appearance, but I wasn't because I had been following her from the past two hours now, just to talk to her to get to know her.

"I always come here; the owner of the cafe is a good friend of mine." It was a lie, what would I do by befriending an old man who has his foot in the grave the other barely on the ground.

"You do? I have never seen you here before." she asked, knitting her brows. I wanted to smile at her innocent curiosity.

"I mostly come here at night," another lie, spoken so smoothly. She nodded causing a strand of her hair fall on her face. She caught me watching it then quickly but shyly pushed it behind her ear. "Have you ordered something?" I asked straightening my jacket.

"Um no, I forgot to order, was busy with something," Faith bit on her lip, her heart beating fast. I called the waiter giving our orders not taking my eyes away from her, knowing it disturbed her. She wore a simple blue summer dress, which truth be told did look good on her.

"How's your injury?" I remembered still looking at her. She glanced down at the dressed foot then back at me.

"I can walk more properly now, mom does not approve with all the walking so I had to sneak to get here," Faith laughed, it was such a soft laugh that I barely heard it.

Like Mia had said she was extremely shy, her replies were curt with little or no eye contact what so ever. She was nothing like any other women I have encountered before. They were either bold enough to approach me or just too feisty, but this woman, she was calm on outside, but her heart, the heart I could hear clearly showed something different.

I glanced at the laptop on purpose knowing she was watching me then looked up to see her. Faith knew I was waiting for an answer, the answer I already knew.

"Just updating the blog," she traced her cup avoiding my gaze.

"Assassins?" I investigated; her head snapped up then nodded. "Last time you mentioned you do not favor them. What is it in assassins that you despise so much?" this was one of the questions I wanted to ask from a long time now.

Silence lapsed between us she bit on her bottom lip, looking around at the people who were engaged in their activities. I followed her gaze which landed on me; when her eyes met mine she dropped them. I smiled understanding she could not answer such a hard question.

For people like Faith Assassins were monsters who feed on human blood and flesh. These vicious fiends loved and cherished killing people; it did not matter innocent or guilty. Some people like Faith gave their best in making people believe these beasts do not exist. They are just an ugly myth, a myth that shall be forgotten for the best.

But she is wrong; the woman who tries her best has no idea that the man sitting right in front of her is the most formidable beast!

"They are cowards," her silent voice reached me, but jolted me at the same time.

'Cowards'

"How so?" I asked, hiding my amusement.

"In the macabre mythical stories the-" she stopped having hard time saying the word. "The assassins killed only in darkness, in shadows, suddenly appearing out of nowhere, drawing their sharp swords and driving it through their victim's hearts. Such acts are only done by cowards. They kill and then run back in the rat hole. All the unnecessary fear caused by these ridiculous books are fake," She stated bit angry and marvelously her heart ticked faster.

I stared at Faith impressed, firstly she was insulting me on my face which no one has done, secondly she spoke of assassins with such certainty that anyone would believe with their eyes closed that assassins do not exist!

I nodded my head very slowly, "Faith, you really are brave to speak your mind without any fear." her cheeks flushed at my comment and I found myself smiling at it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sitting around on the table and having breakfast with the family has always been the most desired and loved moment for me. Chewing my food I looked up, Tybalt sat next to father, facing me. All chairs were occupied except for one. I hadn't seen Wade from over a month now, and it's been three days I did not call him.

"Son," Father began catching my attention. I placed my glass back and looked at him. "Your mother and I have decided to meet the Baron's today,"

Today, so Faith's parents are leaving her alone to meet mine. "For what?"

"To discuss the marriage, are you fine with that?" he inquired looking at me. I remembered my meeting with Faith yesterday, it had gone well, and she was a nice person just like Alina had said. This is what I wanted; marrying her would only give me what I craved for in the assassin world.

"As you wish Father," was all I said. Tybalt glanced at me, I bobbed my head making him smile, satisfaction gleamed in his eyes, and it was written all over his face. He was proud of me, glad I agreed to marry Faith.

"Father, don't you think we should call Wade?" Rory questioned.

"As a matter of fact I have been thinking the same," Father said.

"This was his longest tour so far," Tybalt chuckled, stuffing bacon in his mouth.

"Oh let him for a day or so then I will call him myself. I am sure he will be thrilled to know this wonderful news," mother said, grinning as she looked at me.

Seeing her happy meant the world to me. Yes I lived my own life, a dangerous one and there were even times I decided to leave this house because I was risking their lives as well but she would disagree. The very thought of her children leaving her house was torture to her no matter how hard I tried to persuade her.

~*~*~~*~*

When afternoon began to wore off like a drug from the sky. I only had half an hour to prepare for the unwanted twist of luck. Staring at the books in the library shelf, I grabbed the book I needed. And as I opened it I saw my price. Hollowed-out books are a great place to hide my weapons; stuffing the small knife in my pouch, I replaced the book back on the shelf, doing the same with three other books. Being done with that, I walked to my favorite artwork of Claude Monet 'Renoir la Grenouillere' then clicked the small button on the side, the painting rolled up, and revealing iron spikes resting peacefully.

Lastly I opened my wardrobe, pushed my clothes aside twisted the tiny handle on side, the door glided, a smile graced my lips at the sight of my beloved 'Katana'. This beautiful Japanese sword was sent as a gift by Minato as gratitude for saving his life from the Japanese government last year. I picked the sword with the tips of my fingers then gently hid it in the sheath beneath my shirt.

It was time to go.

The sun descended and the sky engulfed dusk as the horizon adopted rays of purple, pink and orange, welcoming the moon with thousands of glistering stars beaming upon the earth witnessing yet another story performed by humans.

I stood under the trees facing Faith's house across the street watching as her parents left the victim alone in the house to face the ugly fate. Her smiling face flashed before my eyes making me frown. This was the least I wanted seeing someone suffering because of me was the thing I loathed the most. Malcolm chose the wrong girl this time; she was going to be mine in a day or so and if they touch a hair on her head I will tear Malcolm apart from limb to limb.

Snapping of a twig made me look to my right; there stood Alexander wearing all black, his face hidden behind the black mask just like mine. "Took you long," I said again looking at the house.

"Had to get ready for the party," he joked standing next to me.

"They are here," I swept my eyes around the house; the neighborhood was silent and dark.

"Soon they will be out of this world, don't worry they will not touch her," Alexander spoke, from the corner of my eyes I felt him getting into battle form. I felt my blood boil under my skin, to control my blazing fury I balled my fist.

As expected the lights of her house went out. "Now," was my cue as we both vanished from there, appearing inside the house. Listening in the hushed silence I knew the other assassins were here as well. They stood in the same living room as I, waiting for the right juncture; this had to be done smoothly without a trace.

Something deep inside my chest lashed as Faith slowly opened the door of her room, holding her cell as a source of light. I grabbed that chance and at once wrapped my hand around her waist, pressing her small body against the wall. Her eyes went wide with terror and dread began to trash in her eyes. I felt my throat go dry when tears rushed in, soaking her eye lashes. Her form started to tremble, uncontrollably.

Faith opened her mouth to scream, to plead for help but I placed my gloved hand on her mouth, preventing her from yelling. The light of her cell went off leaving us all in absolute darkness, but I could still see her. I leaned near so that my body was touching hers, her pounding heart begin to hammer its way out.

"Do not worry, I will not hurt you," I whispered. Faith nodded a tear rolled down her soft cheek; removing my hand from her mouth I placed it on her quivering shoulder.

"C-Cloud," she breathed.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Phew! That sure was a longggggg chapter, but I had fun writing, and OMG Cloud is in trouble. Let me know what you think about this chapter in ur comments and DON'T forget to VOTE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 209 26
'"Who the fuck do you think you are?" I yell, tears bubbling around my waterline. The masked man stops, his body freezes, his back to me and his hand...
14.2K 207 58
________________________________________ Assassins have always done their job in secret. Whether it be in the past or the future. So this means Shika...
2.5M 112K 50
❝ A sniper doesn't always need a partner, they just need someone to give the signal. ❞ Going solo gave you a lot to ponder on, especially given a mis...
195K 4K 74
ANGEL He infuriated me ever since our first encounter. I admired his looks and patience he had while holding me hostage. But as the months followed...