My Life In Ruins

By writeon27

Passport? Check. A book of maps of every country in the world? Check. Backpack and small suitcase that cont... More

My Life In Ruins
1. Why Did Men Create Dresses Again?
2. Well, I Guess I Should Have Showered This Morning...
3. My Weakness For British Accents Is Now At A New Height
4. Bring It On, Oxford Boy. Bring. It. On.
5. Boston, The Land Of Revolutionary Tea Parties and Non-English Crumpets
7. The Marvelous Wonders Of A Wetsuit
8. It's Not Gibberish, You Just Can't Speak Awesome
9. For A Pirate, Who Knew He Was So Mushy?
10. Back To Jolly Ol' England, Where I Can Get My Real Crumpets
11. Wasn't She Sneaky For A London Society Lady?
12. Let Me Smack Him Once And I'll Die A Happy Girl
13. Maximilian The Hottie Brazilian
14. Remind Me Never To Drink Again, Even If It's Perfectly Legal
15. You Look Good In My Ice Cream
16. You See That Gold Coin Right There? Yeah, We're Gonna Steal It
17. Who Knew A Suit Could Look So Good?
18. Technically, It's Not Stealing If We Plan On Giving It Back
19. What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger...Or Quite Possibly Maimed
20. Well, Wasn't That A Great 'I'm Glad We Didn't Die' Present
21. A Nice Dinner Out And Then...Bam!
22. I Can Give You A Clue...A Fake One, That Is
23. No, I Don't Want Your Chocolate Cake! Well, Maybe Just A Bite...
24. You're Not Very Good At Keeping Track Of Things, Are You?
25. I Love My Amazing British Boyfriend. Wait...Love?
26. Daddy, Can I Have A Castle? I Want A Castle!
27. I Hope You Speak Spanish. If Not, You're Screwed
28. Fun Before The Real Adventure Begins
29. Can't Catch Me...Oh, Crap!
30. That Door Closed, But I Doubt Another Is Going To Open
31. Follow The Yellow Brick Road...Oh, Wait! It's Gold!
32. And They Lived Happily Ever After...Until The Next Adventure!

6. If We Were Going To Hawaii, You Would Totally Get Lei'd

32.5K 1.2K 280
By writeon27

***I double uploaded!  So if you're reading this right now and you haven't read chapter 5...go back and read it!!!1***

Chapter 6

If We Were Going To Hawaii, You Would Totally Get Lei'd

I was tired of waking up early, but I should have been used to it.  I mean, I'd been doing it for the past few years, but this morning I just wanted to lay in my bed and stare at my ceiling.  But I couldn't for long because we had to get to the airport by six thirty just to get through security. 

I kept telling my dad that we should just by our own jet - I mean, we had the money, didn't we? - but he always shot down the idea.  I didn't know why, seeing as we traveled somewhere almost every week.  Why shouldn't we just save some money and get our own jet instead of buying airline tickets every time we went somewhere.  We'd probably spent enough money buying airline tickets.  But no, he wouldn't listen to my logical reasoning.

Sighing, I flipped my covers off of me and sat up, turning to the side of the bed.  I dug my toes in my plushy creme rug before standing up to head for my door.  On mornings like these, I had to start my day off with a big, strong cup of coffee. 

But as I headed down the darkened hallway, I smacked right into hard, warm, naked chest.  Arms immediately circled around me so I wouldn't fall backward, holding me close. 

"Well, good morning," Max's voice said right into my ear. 

I shivered, but I just put it off as being chilly since I was only in my pajamas, which consisted of a tank top and short little shorts that barely covered my butt.  I mean, of course I was going to sleep in it.  It wasn't like I was going to run into anyone.  Well, before, that is. 

Now, I was still pressed against Max's chest.  It wasn't like I had a choice, though, because he was practically holding me to him...not that I minded in the slightest.  I didn't mind being pressed up against this godly being one bit. 

"Morning," I said against his chest. 

I felt him chuckle more than I heard it. 

"So are you up this morning as reluctantly as I am?" he asked.

I nodded.  Was he just trying to torture me by keeping me this close to him?  Gah! 

"I'm going downstairs for coffee," I said.  "It wakes me up."

Finally - finally! - he let go of me and stepped back.  I had to hold back a sigh when I saw him in just his red plaid pajama pants that were riding low on his hips, showing that sexy V that his abs created.  Yummy.  Uh, I mean...yeah, can't take that back.  I couldn't help it when my eyes traveled - very slowly - up across his abs and chest, finally slowing even more as I passed his smirking lips and finally landing on his laughing eyes. 

"See anything you like?" he asked me.

My eyes started to drop again - No!  Fight the temptation! - but I quickly looked back up at his face.  "No," I said, totally not convincing enough.

His smirk grew, but that's when I think he realized just what I was wearing also.  I had to hold back a shiver as his eyes skimmed down my body in my skimpy pajamas.  They slowed at my chest - something I apparently got from my mom - and my legs.  I guess I had a pretty good body.  But then again, I really didn't notice.  Other people did, I guess. 

It was my turn to smirk as I put my hands on my hips.  "Do you see anything you like?" I asked. 

His eyes immediately snapped back up to mine.  "Sure," he said, grinning. 

I rolled my eyes - thanking my lucky stars that it was still dark enough in the hallway that he couldn't see the blush that crept up onto my cheeks - and smacked his shoulder.  "Perv," I said, and started walking down the hallway again to the back stairs that led down into the kitchen. 

Max followed me downstairs.  I could still feel his eyes on me, but I tried to just ignore it.  It was kind of hard, though. 

When we got to the kitchen, I walked to where the coffeemaker was sitting on the granite countertop and turned it on.  Brielle had apparently put the water in it the night before, so it automatically started brewing.  Sighing, knowing that I'd have to wait a few minutes for it to finish, I jumped up onto the countertop and sat beside it.  I looked over at Max, who was looking at me, and cocked an eyebrow. 

"What?" I asked. 

He shook his head and walked toward the refrigerator.  "You mind if I find something to make for breakfast?" he asked, his hand hovering over the handle.

I shrugged.  "I don't care, just as long as you make me some, too," I said.

He smiled.  "Of course," he said. 

I watched as he dug around in the fridge for a few moments until he finally pulled out the carton of eggs, a block of cheese, and a bag of spinach. 

"Spinach and cheese omelet sound good?" he asked, looking over at me before he shut the refrigerator door. 

I nodded, watching as he moved toward the stovetop. 

He looked over at me.  "Pan?" he asked. 

"In the bottom cabinet to the left," I said, pointing toward it. 

Once he had the pan out and on the stove, I watched as he cracked the eggs into a bowl and scramble them up before pouring them into the pan.  After a few minutes of watching him cook, he set a plate down beside me as I sat on the counter with my fresh cup of coffee in hand.  Picking up the pan, he slid the huge omelet onto it as steam rose into the air above it. 

"Looks good," I said, looking up at him. 

It did look pretty good.  Brielle always told me that I should find a man who knew how to cook.  And if I did, he was a keeper.  At least I knew she followed the rule since my dad was an excellent cook. 

"My father's a gourmet chef and owns his own restaurant," he said, searching for the drawer with the silverware.  After I pointed him in the right direction, he handed me a fork.  Apparently we would be sharing the huge omelet. 

When I took the first bite, I closed my eyes and moaned.  "God, that's good," I said.

I heard Max laugh and I opened my eyes to see him looking at me.  "You like it?" he asked.

"Thanks," he said, laughing again.  "My mother said that I should learn how to cook because apparently girls like guys who can."

I bit my lip to keep from laughing.  At least Brielle wasn't the only one who said that. 

"What?" he asked, taking a bite of his omelet. 

I shook my head.  "Nothing, it's just that Brielle says the same thing.  She follows that rule, too, because my dad can cook also.  She says that I have to find a guy that can cook.  Apparently that's a trait in a man I'm supposed to look for."

Max was looking down at the omelet as he cut himself another bite.  He looked like he was thinking about something, though I didn't know what.  Maybe he was thinking about what I said.  Maybe he was thinking about...

"So what should we wear on the plane?" he asked suddenly, changing the subject. 

"Um," I said, getting out of my trance.  "Well, we're going to the south and it's always hot down there in August.  I'm going to wear something cool and comfortable, like shorts, a tank top, and flip flops.  If I wear anything other than that, I know I'll regret it.  And since we're going to the coast, it'll be pretty humid also, which is going to be torture in combination with the heat.  Too bad Dad couldn't pick a treasure to look for and it would take us to Hawaii.  I'd love to go lay out on those beaches.  We haven't been there in a year or so.  It was so much fun."

"I've never been," he said, smiling, and took another bite of the omelet.  He pushed the plate toward me.  "You can have the rest of this.  I'm going to take a quick shower before we leave."

I smiled at him, cutting a little of the omelet.  "Thanks for making breakfast," I said.  "It was excellent."

He winked at me.  "You're welcome," he said.

I watched his beautiful back as he walked back toward the stairs.  Just as he was about to step up onto the first step, Brielle appeared.

"Oh, good morning, Max," she said.  I saw her eyes skim over him and I smirked.

"Good morning, Brielle," he said as he passed her on the stairs.

She watched him walk up the stairs before she finally walked into the kitchen.  She paused when she saw me still sitting on the counter, finishing the omelet Max made.  Looking down at me in my skimpy pajamas, she smirked.

"Well, it seems like you've already had a good morning."

I smiled widely, nodding.  "Oh, yeah.  Had a guy make me breakfast and got to enjoy the view watching him do it also.  I'd say it was an excellent morning."

Brielle cocked an eyebrow.  "He can cook?" she asked.  I knew exactly what she was thinking. 

"Yep," I said, jumping off the counter to put the plate in the dishwasher.  "His dad taught him because he's a gourmet chef with his own restaurant.  Apparently his mom know that you need to find a guy who's a good cook also."

"Smart woman," she said, laughing.

I skipped to her side and gave her a kiss on the cheek.  "Well, I'm going to get dressed," I said, and ran up the stairs. 

***And what did you think of this one?!?  Personally...I LOVED IT!!!1  Awesome chapter title, huh?  Haha!!!!  ;D

You know what to do!

Comment, Vote, and Like!!!1*** 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975 83 43
Why do bad things happen to good people? A question that his boy is making himself more then ever this days. From the beginning we see a 17 year old...
59 8 9
This book is 100% free. If you're reading this on a platform where it's NOT free, download it from my website instead https://noahlieberman.com where...
123K 8.3K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
35.7K 1.4K 33
"The countdown is starting," he says standing up and pulling me up with him. "So this is it huh?" He smiles. "Yep, it-" "Girl I have been looking abs...