The Ghost Brother

By PhantomFaller13

What if Danny Phantom and Dick Grayson were brothers? Richard and Daniel Grayson lost their parents and were... More

Chapter 1: The Circus
Chapter 2: A New Parent
Chapter 3: Wayne Manor
Chapter 4: A Friend
Chapter 5: To Catch a Crook
Chapter 6: Confrontation
Chapter 7: Falling Out
Chapter 8: Patrol
Chapter 10: Welcome to Amity Park
Chapter 11: First Day at Casper High
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Chapter 12: A Surprise Visit
Chapter 13: An Unwanted Reunion
Chapter 14: A Lab Accident
Chapter 15: Returning Memories
Chapter 16: Searching and Recovering
Chapter 17: Mystery Meat and Sleeping Troubles
Chapter 18: Straight from the Bat's mouth
A/N
Chapter 19: Family Matters
Chapter 20: Not So Bitter Reunions
Chapter 21: A New Friend
Chapter 22: In the Center Ring
Chapter 23: The Great Train Rescue
Chapter 24: Puzzle Pieces
Not an Update
Chapter 25: Dark Futures Part 1
Chapter 26: Dark Futures Part 2
Chapter 27: Dark Futures Part 3
Chapter 28: Revelations
Chapter 29: Reunions
Chapter 30: Brothers Again
Chapter 31: Decisions
Chapter 32: The Bird and the Bat
Chapter 33: Meet the Titans
Death is Upon Me
Chapter 34: A Forgotten Enemy
Quick Update
Chapter 35: Two Different Times
Spinoff Books?
I'm so sorry
Chapter 36: The End of It All
Chapter 36: One Last Time
Quickie
Chapter 37: Familiar Faces
What's coming next?
Many Years Later
The New Teen Titans

Chapter 9: Runaway

8.3K 291 293
By PhantomFaller13

A/N: Hello my lovely peoples. How are you all doing?

Very Angry Mob: ANGRY!

Me: What the- Are you guys the Angry Mob?

Very Angry Mob: NO! WE ARE THE VERY ANGRY MOB! WE ARE MUCH MORE ANGRIER THAN THE ANGRY MOB!

Me: I can tell. So yeah... um... I don't really have an excuse for the delay in updating. I know I kept saying that it would be up soon but Life decided to be a butt and prevent me from doing any writing. But I'm back now (with a new chappie ^-^) so I hope you all enjoy. Now I must run from the Very Angry Mob *hops in a cab and flies into outer space*

Very Angry Mob: AFTER PHANTOM! *they all jump into their own rocket cabs and chase after me* 

Third Person POV

Batman watched helplessly as the warehouse crumbled to pieces. As the bricks tumbled to the ground and a large smoke cloud rose, Batman felt a worrying sense of dread in his gut. The second the crumbling stopped, or at least slowed down, Batman leaped off the building he had grappled to and landed amongst the blown up remains of warehouse B7. He prayed that Crow was alright, that he wasn't too badly injured, that he was alive. He couldn't lose both of his sons.

The Dark Knight frantically searched through the rubble, looking for any sign of his partner. Crow had been at the top of the building when it came down. He should be fine... right? As Batman pulled away pieces of brick and cement, his eyes scanned his surroundings. From the corner of his eye, the vigilante spotted a flash of blue peeking over one the of larger pieces of debris. Batman immediately dropped the piece of stone in his hands and rushed towards the piece of blue. When he arrived at the spot, his eyes widened in horror. "My god," he whispered. It was Crow. He was lying on his back, and he wasn't moving.

The young hero's uniform had multiple rips and tears, with many open wounds leaking dark red blood. There were dark red spots all over his uniform that appeared to be getting bigger. Crow's right arm was bent at an awkward angle, as was his right leg. He had multiple cuts on his face and there was a large gash on his forehead, leaking blood down the sides of his face. Batman pressed two fingers against the boy's neck, and breathed a sigh of relief when he felt the small pulse. He leaned down and hovered his ear over Crow's mouth. The young teen's breaths were small and shaky. Batman worried that he had broken ribs or a punctured lung. Moving carefully, Batman picked up the boy, doing his best not to do anything to worsen his condition. Sirens could be heard in the distance, emergency crews were going to be there any second. The Dark Knight knew his young partner needed immediate medical attention, but he couldn't risk Crow's identity being revealed. Instead, Batman walked as fast as he could, without injuring Crow further, towards where he had parked the Batmobile.

Once there, Batman placed Crow gently on the backseat before climbing into the driver's seat and starting the engine. With his eyes focused dead ahead, the Batmobile sped off into the night. "Contact Batcave," Batman said aloud, not taking his eyes off the road. He needed to make sure he got to his destination ASAP. No stopping. Not for anything.

"Hello?" Alfred's voice came from the radio.

"Alfred, emergency. Crow has been badly injured. Meet me at Thompkins ASAP," Batman stated.

Alfred gasped softly on the other side of the line. "My goodness. I'll be there in two shakes." The butler hung up and Batman was once again left in silence. He quickly glanced back at Crow's battered body. In his head rang the words of Robin.

"Why did you let him go alone?!"

"He's always doing this! Putting others in harms way with little regard for the outcome!"

"You put Danny in danger,"

"He raised crime fighters, not us."

Batman's eyes narrowed, "Hang in there chum. You're gonna be alright."

Hello. Normal Line Break here. Hope you're all enjoying the story. Okay, I'll let you get back to it now.

Almost ten minutes later, the Batmobile arrived at Dr.Leslie Thompkins' clinic. Batman parked his vehicle behind the building and jumped out of the car. He knocked on the back door of the building before running back to the Batmobile and opening the backseat door. The sound of a lock clicking was heard and the door opened to reveal an old woman with silver hair, a wrinkled face and soft eyes. She wore a brown blouse and skirt with doctor's coat over top. The name Dr.Leslie Thompkins stitched on the coat. Her eyes widened when she spotted Batman. "Batman? What are you doing here?" She asked.

Batman answered by turning around with Crow's limp and bleeding body in his arms. Dr.Thompkins' face became hardened. She looked around before beckoning the two inside. Batman carried the boy inside and followed the her to a small room with a white bed. "Place him on the bed. Gently," she told the vigilante. Batman did as she said and backed away so that she could look at him. As the doctor inspected the boy she asked, "How did this happen Bruce?"

Batman sat down in a nearby chair and placed his head in his hands, "I was careless."

Leslie scoffed, "I knew nothing good could come of this. Letting children fight dangerous criminals."

Batman stood up quickly. "Is he going to be alright?" the vigilante asked coldly.

Dr.Thompkins continued to look over the boy, making little observations. "I won't know anything for sure until I do a full check up. In the meantime, I suggest you leave and think about using your manners next time you speak to me Bruce. I know you have them." With that, the doctor herded Batman out the door, firmly closing it shut behind him. She turned back to the barely breathing boy on the white bed, "Alright Danny, let's see what you've done this time."

I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LINE BREAK! ALL HAIL ME! NOW CONTINUE READING!

Batman sat in an empty waiting room, his head in his hands. 'Robin was right,' he thought. Alfred rushed in through the front door. He spotted the sulking hero and rushed over to him, quickly taking up a seat beside the vigilante. He placed a hand on Batman's shoulder in silent comfort. "I never should have let him go alone," Batman whispered.

"Master Bruce, you cannot blame yourself. I'm positive Master Danny will be perfectly fine," Alfred comforted.

Batman sighed. It had been almost 20 minutes since he had left Crow alone with Dr.Thompkins and he had yet to hear anything about the boy's condition. The two men sat in silence for almost an hour when Dr.Thompkins entered the room. Batman stood up quickly, "Well?" He asked.

Leslie frowned, "He has a broken right ulna and a fractured radius. He suffered no major spinal damage and only twisted his knee. Though he did require a few stitches here and there as well as suffer major head trauma. I've done the best I can for now." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small bottle of pills. Handing them to Batman she said, "These are some painkillers and antibiotics to prevent any infections to his wounds as well as help him with a speedy recovery. He is to take them twice a day."

Batman nodded as Alfred took the pills from his hand, tucking them into his jacket. "Anything else?" The butler asked.

Leslie smiled slightly at him, "I will be keeping Danny here overnight for observation. I am not fully sure how severe his condition is and would like to watch over him for about 24 hours."

Batman nodded in understanding, "Thank you Dr.Thompkins."

She sighed, reaching for the vigilante's hand as she saw the fear underneath the cowl, "Anytime Bruce." Alfred and Batman left the clinic and returned home. Alfred was surprised that Batman was not going after the Joker, but had not pushed the issue. The two arrived at Wayne Manor and headed to bed, both knowing they wouldn't get much sleep.

I AM THE AMAZING LINE BREAK! How you guys holding up? I hope you're doing good because we're about to get into some feels territory (maybe idk)

Bruce Wayne woke up the next morning, still half asleep. He stumbled down to the dining room just as Alfred walked in with his breakfast. "Good morning Master Bruce," he said cheerfully, placing the plate at the head of the table. Bruce grunted in reply. Alfred huffed, "Now I see why Ms.Thompkins scolds you on your manners." He began to walk back into the kitchen.

Bruce sighed, "Alfred wait." He stood up to face the butler, "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude I just-"

"I understand Master Bruce. I am worried for his well being too," Alfred interrupted. The two shared a small smile before resuming their own activities. After breakfast, Bruce got dressed and headed into his office to set to work on some paperwork. Wayne Enterprises had been gaining a lot of profits recently and the construction on the hospital was going smoothly.

It was only after an hour of work did Bruce receive a phone call. He picked up the phone and immediately heard the sounds of a struggle. "Bruce?" Dr.Thompkins' voice came from the other end of the line, "Bruce are you there?"

"I'm here Leslie, what's wrong? What's happening?" He questioned worriedly.

"It's Danny," was all she replied, but that was enough for the billionaire.

"I'm on my way!" Bruce hung up the phone and rushed to the main floor. He called out to Alfred who also rushed into the room. After informing the butler of the situation, the pair exited the Manor and piled into a car. Alfred drove as fast as he could to the clinic. When they arrived, Bruce leaped out of the car and crashed through the front door. The place was in shambles. Chairs flipped, magazines strewn about, holes in the walls, and Dr.Leslie staring at an open window.

"What happened? Where's Danny?" Bruce asked as he walked over to the doctor.

She turned to face him, her hardened features creased with worry, "He woke up this morning in a panic. I tried to calm him down but nothing would work. Before I could even react he jumped out of bed, trying to escape. I tried to stop him but he jumped out the window."

Bruce was confused, "Why would he panic? He knows who you are?"

Leslie looked down, "I'm afraid he doesn't."

Alfred walked over to the pair, "What do you mean Dr.Thompkins?"

She looked up at the two men, "I finished my analysis of Danny shortly after you left. The trauma suffered to his head affected his brain. It is my medical opinion that Danny has retrograde amnesia."

A/N: *hiding under a table* Yes I know this is a lot shorter than what I usually write but I'm saving all the good stuff for the next chappie I promise! Never the less, I hope you all enjoyed and I'll see you all in the next one!

Very Angry Mob: PHANTOM!!!!

Me: *sigh* Why do I do this to myself?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 590 13
Danny Phantom meets the Dc universe. I red waaaay too many fics about this and love them all. wanted to try my hand at writing some myself. Chapter 1...
955 26 14
Bat Brothers fanfic. Jason Todd and Tim Drake never been adopted by Bruce Wayne after their parents died. They both had to hide from the whole world...
146K 5.5K 41
||COMPLETED|| Book 1 of 2 "I know it's sometimes hard, but you have to face your demons." The oldest protege of Batman said, his voice soft. ...
68K 1.6K 24
Danny and White had a hard enough time keeping their secret in the human world. But now their class is going on a field trip right into the belly of...