Darkness Rises(Thranduil Love...

By Lil_Mizaster

Dilynrae(Dill-in-ray) is a descendant of Eol and Aredhel sent to our world when she was a mere baby, to prote... More

Prologue
One Shadow, Two Shadow
What are those?
Finally!
Chapter 4
Melkor
The Trees of Valinor

Mairon

120 4 2
By Lil_Mizaster

For those of you who don't know who Mairon is, he is Sauron when he was one of Aule's Maia smiths. In escence he is Sauron just... Not evil yet. He was so cute... Here's a picture for you...

WINK!

~Le Story~

"My lady! Wake up!," I heard Saephel exclaim while jumping on me and I shot out of bed alert and ready to fight whatever had scared her enough to wake me.

But there was nothing there and light hadn't even began to think about gracing the sky. "Who died? What is on fire and why am I awake?" I grumbled as I rubbed my eyes with a yawn. I heard a knock on my door but ignored it as I raised my hands in the air stretching my body to release the exhaustion from my bones. I found myself letting out a puny moan as I felt my back pop into place and raised onto my toes. "Oh yep. That's where it was." I relaxed and sighed as I looked around. Saephel and Aephil were gone but Aeril was still in the room watching me with curiosity. "What?"

"You stretch yourself like a cat," She stated. "Curumo, your guide waits for you outside the door."

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner!" I exclaimed bolting into action.

"We tried, you just kept mumbling in a foreign language," She replied before leaving. "Your clothes are on your bed. They are simple enough that we hope you can manage on your own."

"Thank you. Tell my guide I will be out momentarily." She nodded and I swiftly took off my nightgown, the blasted thing made me stay up most of the night it was uncomfortable. "I just need to sleep naked..." I grumbled as I began to wrap my chest. "Stupid... long nightgown..."

"Grumbling to yourself I see," I heard a coolly amused voice say from my terrace and jumped before closing my eyes.

"How highly inappropriate of you to sneak into my room while I am changing?" I scoffed though I didn't bother trying to cover up as I slipped on the trousers that had been laid out for me. The cotton feeling felt good against my skin but my shins and calves were left bare. I gave Melkor a pointed look. "Nothing to say for yourself? Naughty-naughty." I tsked.

"I have been 'naughty' since I was created," Melkor stated and I snorted. I blinked, taking a minute to process his words before a snort came out of my nose as I tried to hold in my laughter.

"That just didn't sound right," I giggle turning away from him and pulling on the halter type shirt I had requested before I had gone to bed. I moved my shoulders around to get comfortable. "It is too early to be up. It is unnatural. One should sleep all day and be awake all night."

"That sounds fun."

I smiled pulling on my boots. "Doesn't it? We'll have to continue this later." I said walking towards the door.

"And we will continue." Melkor said before I left the room and looked around for Curumo, who I saw at the end of the hall. He was a bit shorter than I was and looked really jumpy.

"Curumo?" I inquired quietly trying not to scare him though... he still jumped. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you!"

"No no, it's fine. I'm just always jumpy. Aule says it is an odd trait for one of his workers. I... usually polish the finished products."

"Ah," I responded stretching again with a yawn. "That isn't so bad."

"They say you have a snake made of gold that moves," Curumo said shyly and I smiled as Anut raised his head from where he rested wrapped around my neck. "Wow... Such detail. It's beautiful work."

Anut raised further insulted but I merely smiled. "Thank you. I was hoping to make more like him just... not snakes. He scares people enough just by his lonesome." I smiled at Curumo seeing light start to paint the sky light blue, purple and pink. "We may want to get to the forge. It's starting to get light outside." Curumo looked out the window and mumbled under his breath snatching my hand and began to run.

"Aule is going to be angry!," Curumo whined once we got outside the doors. "And Mairon is going to wring my neck..."

"Don't worry. It was my fault. I didn't wake up on time. I'll make sure I get most of his anger." I said with a smile and pushed open the doors walking in. Aule spun towards me anger on his face and then astonishment. "Good morning. I'm sorry for making Curumo late. I didn't get up in time. It won't happen again." I apologized.

"Did you push the doors open yourself?" Aule asked and I looked at him then at the doors before looking at him oddly. "Both of them?"

"Yes... They're just doors... Was I not supposed to be able to push them open or something?" I asked slowly.

"Those doors are made of the strongest ore in Aman! Most of the workers who have been here for years can barely open one!" Curumo exclaimed.

"Uh-huh. They really aren't that heavy." I looked in between Curumo and Aule and Curumo did a double take while Aule's laughed boomed throughout the forge making most of the workers stop to look at what was going on.

"You are special!" Aule saw that a lot of his workers had stopped and yelled, "Get back to work. There is nothing fascinating going on."

I raised an eyebrow. "Thank you?" I looked around. "What would you like me to do for you?"

"Mairon seems to need help. He hasn't been finishing his projects and having to stay late. I'd like him to be caught up by the time I close the forge."

"Yep. On it," I chirped. "How long is that and who's Mairon?"

"The forge closes as soon as the sun starts to sip in the sky and-"

"I'm Mairon," A voice sighed from behind me making me turn and look up at the even more extremely attractive male being that stood there with a slightly interested/I-don't-give-a-shit face.

I turned back to Aule. "Last question: What is the likelihood that I'm going to be crushed to death in here as you all a gigantic?"

"As long as you mind yourself you should be fine," Curumo stated shyly before getting hit over the head with a pair of gloves.

"You're late," Mairon stated as he looked at Curumo like a big brother would his younger brother as he scolded him.

"I apologize. It's my fault. I'm not a morning person," I stated bowing my head a little.

"You could've fooled me," Aule chuckled. "Mairon she will become your assistant as of today."

"Curumo is already my assistant."

"She's just an extra hand. You've been slacking."

"I finished all the projects you gave me." Mairon sighed holding his neck and closing his eyes. "I stayed until late last night finishing them up so there isn't anything for her to do that Curumo can't do."

Aule seemed to go into thought. "Well then I guess your trek here was for naught young one."

"Welp. Guess I'll go find a way to occupy my time. Probably go annoy Kalanlyn or something." I got a wicked smile as I quickly formed a plan.

"That is a smile that would put even Melkor in his place. Whatever you're thinking, I fear for Kalanlyn," Mairon chuckled.

I laughed. "It's not like I'm going to kill him! I'm just going to dump extremely cold water on his face and then run away." I stopped to think about what Kalanlyn would do. "He's going to try to kill me..."

"Probably shouldn't do it," Aule stated as all three of the beings looked at me in fascination.

I scoffed. "Please. He doesn't scare me and I'd like to see him try to catch me. I'm pretty good at evasive maneuvers..." I chuckled. "This is going to be great! Wish me luck!"

The three watched me leave as I got to doors. "She's great," Curumo sighed happily breaking their silence.

"She's definitely interesting. That's for sure. If she comes back, she can help me anytime." I smiled to myself as I pulled one of the doors open. "Did she just-"

"She did," Aule's booming laughter followed me out as I ran quickly to me room in mischievous glee. When I barged in my maids screamed and I shushed them.

"Shhh! One of you get me the coldest bucket of water you can find!" I whisper yelled as I closed my door.

"May I ask why?," Saephel asked curiously and I grinned.

"I will not allow you to be dragged into my foolishness. He'll probably try to kill you so just get me the biggest bucket of cold water that you can find and bring it to me. No more questions but you'll see."

They all looked at each other but Saephel was the one to leave and when she came back I grinned. The bucket was at least half my height and when I stuck my hand in the water I hissed at how cold it was. "I assume this will suffice?"

I grinned taking it from her. "Oh yeah!" I got the door and turned to my chambermaids. "You saw nothing and if you hear screaming and other things, I am most likely never coming back. It was nice knowing you. Live good lives!"

I moved across the hall silently and was about to open Kalanlyn's door when I heard my name. I swiftly stepped in front of the bucket as I saw Melkor coming towards me. "Oh! Melkor! I thought you were someone of importance. Can whatever this is wait?" I sighed in relief as Melkor stared down, literally, on me.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to take a walk with me but," He glanced at the bucket behind me raising an eyebrow. "I see you have other plans... May I ask what you are planning on doing?"

I waved him to get down to my level, and even with him bending I had to get on my tippytoes before whispering, "I'm going to dump this bucket of ice cold water on Kalanlyn." I moved away from Melkor and he straightened with an amused look.

"And why would you do that?"

"One, I'm bored and two, just to hear him sputter and see his face before he tries to kill me," I giggled. "Now, if you leave me alone, and I don't die, I will take a walk with you later."

"I shall hold you to that."

"No need. I never break my promises." I said and after he walked away, chuckling, I waited at least another five minutes before creeping into Kalanlyn's room. I kept the door cracked open enough, just so I had a route of escape and crept towards Kalanlyn's sleeping frame. As I got nearer, I couldn't help but admire his peaceful expression. He looked... innocent. It almost made me start rethinking my whole plan to dump ice cold water on him.

Almost.

"Oh, old man. Prepare," I giggled as I dumped the contents on him and shot towards the door as I heard him cry out and sputter. I looked back to see him slicking his hair back and looking at me for a few seconds of shock as I laughed uncontrollably. "YOUR FACE!!!!! OH MY GOD YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACE!" I heard him let out a vicious snarl and I let out a squeal as I ran out the door.

"DILYNRAE!" He bellowed as he started chasing me.

"Ahaha!" I laughed in glee as I picked up my pace bursting through a pair of doors and out into the light of day. I looked back to see him still chasing and decided to taunt him. "WHY SO SLOW OLD MAN!? YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO CATCH LITTLE OLD ME!"

"WAIT UNTIL I DO PUNK! I'M GOING TO TEAR YOU TO SHREDS!" He yelled back but somehow it didn't seem like an actual threat.

I laughed again and made a wide turn deciding to head back into the castle to find some hiding places because he was starting to gain on me. After entering the doors we had exited from, I slammed them shut to give me some time, before shooting in the direction of the throne room. "RAE!" I heard a few seconds later and sped up. I passed a few guards who looked after me before I heard Kalanlyn ask if they had seen me and point him in my direction.

Thankfully I got to the throne room in enough time to close the doors quickly and block them with a wooden plank. I bent over to catch my breath before hearing someone clear their throat. I put my hand up signalling to give me a moment. "Hold on. Let me... catch my breath... woo... I'm out of shape." I straightened to see Maedhros with some other males and waved. "Hello! Pleased to meet you but-"

The throne room doors banged. "Goddammit Rae!" Kalanlyn snarled.

I gave a crooked smile as I pointed behind me. "Kinda got to hide before I die so... introductions are going to have to wait." I looked around quickly.

"Rae... What did you do?" Maedhros asked with a huge sigh as the throne room continued to bang.

"Uh, dumped freezing cold water on Kalanlyn." I said a little distracted as I surveyed the floor length silk that hung from the ceiling. "Do you think that can support my weight? Who am I kidding? I weigh nothing." I said taking off my cloak and shoes laying them to the side neatly as I heard the doors start to give.

"Rae, I don't think-" Maedhros started but it was too late as I hopped onto the silk and began to climb.

Halfway up the wooden plank and doors gave and Kalanlyn came in huffing with rage. "Where is she? Where is the little demon?"

"Offensive!" I gasped pausing my climb to look down on Kalanlyn's face. It went from extreme rage to extreme shock in a split second. "I will have you know that I am pure of heart and have done nothing to deserve such a name."

"You dumped freezing cold water on me while I was sleeping..." Kalanlyn said slowly. "Now get down from there before you fall."

I rolled my eyes as I hugged the silk tightly in my legs and let my upper body fall, leaving me upside down. There were cries of shock. "As if I'm going to be defeated by such a silly thing such as silk."

"Get back into an upright position and get down here right now before you hurt yourself!" Kalanlyn snapped and I saw that he had shot forward from where he had been before. His hands were out and I realized he was getting ready to catch me.

"If I come down will you try to kill me?"

"Possibly," He snarled softly.

"Then I think I'll stay up here. Like this." I grinned, a challenge glinting in my eyes as we stared each other down.

"Rae, please come down," Maedhros said and I made the mistake of looking at him as he looked up at me in worry. I felt a lump in my throat and quickly looked away. "Rae, you're going to fall."

I rolled my eyes, my inner dialogue to actually heed his request vanishing. "I'm not going to fall. I don't know how many times I'm going to have to tell you that but I'll do it all day if I have to."

"Don't make me come up to get you," Kalanlyn threatened.

"I'd like to see you try gramps."

"Kalanlyn, she was going to come down when I asked. Maybe you should let me handle this?"Maedhros looked at Kalanlyn who proceeded to glare at him.

"She's my ward. I will deal with her."

"You're just challenging her which is going to keep her up there."

"She'll come down eventually."

I looked at others that were below and caught one of them watching me still instead of Kalanlyn and Maedhros. "Are they always like this?" I mouthed and he, slightly shocked, nodded slowly. I nodded thoughtfully. "Keep them occupied for me?" He again nodded slowly and I gave a thumbs up before grabbing hold of the silk again and sliding down. No one seemed to notice as I began to slip away.

"Where do you think you're going!?" Kalanlyn shouted making me stop in my tracks. I turned around stiffly as he and Maedhros glared at me gluing me in place.

"Uh... Someone asked me to walk with them in the gardens if I lived through dousing you with water and I never break my promises so I should go..."

"Who asked you?" Maedhros asked softly, his face shifting into sadness.

"Uh, that god person... Melkor!" I exclaimed.

"Absolutely not!" Kalanlyn and Maedhros sneered.

"And who's going to stop her from coming with me anyway?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.4K 24
When Y/N daughter of Elrond gets a letter from Gandalf, she goes for a quest to the shire. There she meets 13 dwarves and a hobbit. They become unexp...
937 44 7
"It's time.." The Smith said to his wife as she cradled their child in her hands. The green lady looked at her husband, on the verge of tears. "He wi...
843 73 14
Thirty years after the events of The Hobbit, Legolas heeds his father's words to go north and find a wanderer named Strider. However, his search for...
55.3K 1.8K 57
Follows story line of the ACOTAR series.... picks off right after ACOSF, so of course spoilers are meant to be said in this story. For people who hav...