Forgotten | jjk

By -busanhype

"Don't you remember me?" In which a girl forgets her past and falls in love twice. Alternatively: The story o... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six

sixteen

45 4 4
By -busanhype

It was a week from the trip and Jungkook was coming back from one of his business trips today. After spending so much time with him, you were sure of your feelings for him and wanted to surprise him at the airport when he arrived later today. You glanced up at the clock.

He would be arriving in two hours.

With bumbling feet, you ran into your room to get dressed, only to be accompanied by Geureum, who yapped excitedly. You bent down, smiling as you rubbed the maltese's head, "You're excited that Jungkook's coming back, right?"

It yapped back in response and you grinned as you headed into your room, leaving the maltese to it's own devices
As you pulled on clothes onto yourself, the glint of the silver pendant which Jimin had given you caught your eye in your mirror. You thumbed at it lightly and suddenly, the necklace felt and looked out of place on your neck.

Without a second thought, you unclasped the necklace from around your neck. In an instant, you felt as if a weight had been lifted off your chest. Even though you felt horribly guilty to Jimin, you couldn't deny that your marriage to him before he had passed on had been the key factor which had been holding you back from getting back together with Jungkook. You didn't want to seem like you jumped from one man to another, but it had been almost three years since the incident and like Seokjin said, you had to move on.

Your relationship with Jimin had been blissful, but as you thought back about it, it didn't seem to ignite sparks in you the same way when you and Jungkook interacted. Perhaps it was just because time had passed, perhaps it wasn't. Maybe Jungkook was really the one, you reflected.

You clenched your jaw resolutely and pulled open your drawer. Picking up the small black box which it belonged to, you gently set it back and clasped it shut, before picking up a smaller, velvet red box sitting in a corner of your drawer.

A necklace which Jungkook had given you two weeks earlier sat inside the velvety linings of the interior of the box, waiting patiently for you.

--

"What's this?" You asked.

"It's just a necklace," Jungkook said a little shyly as he set the small, red box into your hands, "If you don't know how to broach the subject, just wear the necklace and I'll know."

"Thank you, Jungkook," You smiled widely and he returned it with a small quirk of his lips.

"Don't mention it."

--

You made sure to clasp the necklace securely around your neck, looking into the mirror to admire the way it glimmered in the sunlight shining though the windows of you room before grabbing your purse as you headed out.

You shivered in the unusually cool weather as you waved your hand for a taxi. Soon, one came and you slid into the back seat with a soft sigh as you gave the taxi driver your desired destination. The driver nodded and the taxi sped off into the clear roads of your neighbourhood as you sank into the soft leather seat of the taxi and became preoccupied with playing games on your mobile phone.

"...incident at Incheon airport..."

A small excerpt from the radio caught your attention as you locked your phone and sat up a little straighter.

"Excuse me, sir, could you increase the volume of the radio?"

The drivet acceeded your request with a silent nod as he turned up the dial of the radio.

"For those of you who have just missed the breaking news of the day, flight SQ284F, which had been on it's way from Singapore to the Incheon airport, had met with technical problems while touching down on the airport runway. As a result, the plane skidded off the tarmac at the airport, resulting in many casualties and also, damage to the airport property. Casualties have now been sent to Seoul General Hospital..."

Flight SQ284F, from Singapore to Incheon? Wasn't Jungkook coming back on that flight?

Your eyes widened in realisation and panic gripped you as you immediately asked the driver to head for Seoul General Hospital instead. With a grunt, the taxi immediately switched directions as it sped off into the distance.

You dialled Jungkook's number, but there was no reply. Jungkook was one to turn off the airplane mode on his phone as soon as the plane was touching down, so there was definitely no way he could have no received your calls.

It can't be...

With your palms clasped tightly together against your forehead, you muttered low prayers under your breath.

Please... let nothing bad happen to Jungkook, please... I don't want to lose him like I lost Jimin.

And you must have been praying for the whole ride to the hospital, because in no time, the taxi was already at the entrance of the enormous hospital.

After paying the driver, you stumbled through the entrance of emergency room, and was met with the sight of nurses and doctors rushing here and there with the wounded. You tried your best not to get in their way as you shimmied your way over to one of the nurses standing by the side.

"May I know," You asked, a little breathless, "If there is a patient called Jeon Jungkook? From the flight accident."

She frowned, flipping through the particulars of patients on a sheet of papers, "Jeon Jungkook? His name is not here. If his name is not here, then he's most likely one of those critically injured in the accident."

"W-what?" You stuttered, heart pounding in your chest, "I-i mean, thank you."

The nurse nodded and headed off into one of the emergency wards. Anxiety and panic crept up the base of your spine as your legs gave way under you, your fingers scrabbling helplessly along the smooth surface of the wall. Your hands cupped your mouth, your eyes frantic as your breathing quickened, becoming erratic.

"No..." You mumbled, "It can't be..."

"[Y/N]? What are you doing here?"

Someone called you, and you looked up. Your heart lurched. It was Jungkook.

He was approaching and with a concerned expression, he knelt down next to your trembling figure, his hands placed gently on your shoulders. Jungkook could have sworn that your eyes went as big as saucers as you began babbling out nonsense.

"...Jungkook? You're not a ghost?" You asked, your hands cupping his warm face. Aside from a few minor cuts here and there, he looked relatively unhurt.

Jungkook looked a little taken aback by your actions but nonetheless, still answered you, "Yeah it's me. And why would I be a ghost?"

He chuckled, trying to make light of the situation. You didn't reply him, and instead engulfed him in a crushing hug, forcing him to sit onto the floor because of your height differences.

"Woah woah, what's wrong?"

"I thought..." You breathed into the padded shoulder of his suit, "I thought you were badly injured when the plane skidded."

"I thought I'd lost you."

"I-"

"And I was worried," You mumbled, pulling him even closer. If that was even possible, that is.

"Idiot. I'm not going anywhere if you're not," He murmured affectionately into your ear and you felt Jungkook relax into your hold, his hands patting at your head gently to reassure you.Soft sniffles escaped from his shoulder where you had buried your face and Jungkook let you stay where you were, not caring about the curious glances and the occasional irritated tuts of the nurses and doctors who rushed by. But still, in an effort to be considerate, he scooched both you and himself closer to the beige wall, hands still encircled around your body, which had begun to stop shivering.

After what seemed like an eternity, you pulled back, the remaining tears still brimming at the corners of your eyes. You back to your rational self and felt the embarrassment burn as the gaze of onlookers bore into your back.

"Are you embarrassed now?" Jungkook chuckled, watching as you began wiping at your tear-stained face furiously and you pouted.

"I thought you had been injured badly, because you didn't pick up your phone," You wailed and Jungkook laughed a little more before gathering the both of you up and walking you both out of the ER and to the parking lot, where he had droven his car to from the airport.

"My phone was crushed during the accident and, I was a little injured but," Jungkook paused before continuing, "There were really a lot of injured passengers so I drove to the airport to help with manual things because the nurses and doctors were really pressed for time."

He flashed a quick smile before getting into the car and you felt a wave of adoration wash over your heart as you did the same too. You settled onto the soft front seat of his car and Jungkook reached over you to help you put on your seatbelt. In the act of doing so, the glint of your necklace in the sunlight caught his eye and he froze, staring down at the simple pendant on your neck.

You felt heat rising to your cheeks at the close proximity between the both of you and cleared your throat softly. Jungkook blinked and his eyes sidled up to make contact with yours as his lips curled in a teasing half smirk.

"I see you're wearing the necklace I gave you," He commented as he finished buckling the seatbelt, which rested snugly on the outline of your upper body, "Is that why you went to the airport, then the hospital?"

You bit your lip and nodded furiously, looking down at your hands in your lap. Jungkook's much bigger hand reached over to wrapped comfortingly around your smaller one. You looked up, only to meet Jungkook's face, which was merely an inch away from yours as he spoke.

"[Y/N], I've waited a very long time to ask this again, but will you be my girlfriend?" He asked softly, his tone tender.

You clasped your left hand over his, squeezing tenderly as you gave him a much awaited reply, "I will."

A wide grin spread across Jungkook's face as he leaned in, pressing a series of shy yet sweet kisses into your mouth. It sent a jolt of excitement up your spine as memories of him kissing you for the first time ever flooded back into your mind at that very moment. It had been unexpected. The two of you had just been strolling home from your second date together as a couple when it happened, like the stuff of all korean dramas. Just like before, it felt as if both your lips had been crafted just for each other as they melded into each other perfectly.

It seemed to last an eternity, but it reality, it took just a few seconds before Jungkook pulled away, hand still wound tightly between yours as his eyes shone with excitement.

"I missed you, [Y/N]"

You smiled back, "I missed you too, Jungkook."

(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

WHY By brandy

Fanfiction

15.6K 820 52
a story in which a girl reunites with her childhood bestfriend who happens to be part of the biggest band in the world. somehow things go sideways an...
89.6K 3.8K 18
In which a girl works in a cafe to forget a boy who forgot her -- a bts fanfiction started: 23/11/16 ended: 10/12/16 [un-edited; under editing] highe...
197K 8.4K 43
As the only unmarried Jeon and Kim children, your families propose a union to symbolize your unbreakable bond that spans generations. But despite dev...
5.7K 598 51
Y/n has amnesia. She wakes up with no memories, at all. A man is with her. Kim Taehyung. He calls himself her boyfriend. Is he, though? Will she get...