A Part Of Him, A Part Of Me

By kels0731

"What's your definition of fear? Maybe it's spiders, or clowns? But for me, it's telling my parents that I'm... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note
New Book!
Book Cover Recognition

Chapter 13

5.3K 105 18
By kels0731

"Jake these are perfect!" I say to him the next day. It is after school and we are getting all of the things ready for the wedding, buying the small little details.

"Babe, it's just wood." He says, sighing. He is getting quite irritated, I am too.

"Yes but for what we are doing, it will be perfect."

"What are you even planning on doing?"

"For the hundredth time, we are going to paint in white the verse from 1 Corinthians about love and separate them onto the wood and put them at each row of the chairs."

"That sounds cool."

"I've already explained this to you millions of times."

"I know, I just don't usually pay attention."

"Are you serious? Do you even know what we are doing for our wedding?"

"Obviously I do, there are just sometimes that I don't pay attention."

I don't say anything to that and we go to find the Mason jars that we are going to put turquoise ribbon around and have flowers coming out of it for the tables at the reception.

By the time we are done, we have everything we need. Now we just have to go home and get everything ready.

Today is Wednesday and Jake and I are getting married on Friday. It's our by week, which is why we wanted this weekend so that Jake could be there you know since he is the groom.

Tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner and Jake and I are skipping school to put everything and get everything set up for the wedding. I'm so excited for this wedding.

On the way home, we stop and get sonic before going home since we are most likely going to be up late and don't have time to make anything. 

Once we get our food, Jake continues to drive home. When we reach our apartment, Jake carries in the stuff that we bought and I carry the food. I unlock the door and walk in, turning on the lights. Jake sets the stuff down on the couch and I shut and lock the front door. 

"Ready to get started?" I ask him, joining him on the floor. 

He nods and I get the paint and brushes. On the wood squares that we bought, I paint the verses from 1 Corinthians about love and how love is patient and doesn't boast and that sort of thing. While I am doing this, Jake is making the place cards. Everyone responded and we are going to have a lot of people at our wedding. We invited the band, color guard, football team, teachers close to us, and our friends that aren't in the stuff that we are in. Of course, our family is also invited so we definitely have a lot of people. 

After I finish painting, I then start to work on the mason jars. This, I think, is my favorite part of the wedding decorations. We are wrapping turquoise colored ribbon around the jar and having white flowers coming out of them. They're going to be in the middle of every table at the reception and I can't wait to put them there. 

Jake and I work pretty hard for the rest of the night, going to bed around 2 am, knowing that it is going to be a long day ahead of us tomorrow. 

&&&&

Thursday

The next day, I wake up to my morning sickness as always. After I finish with that, I take a quick shower before deciding what to wear. 

Today is going to be long. Our parents and grandparents are meeting us at my parents beach house and we are going to set up for the wedding. Then tonight, we are going to a dinner at a restaurant as kind of the rehearsal dinner, just not really rehearsing. It's kind of where we just eat and talk and enjoy the night before Jake and I get married. Then I will go with my mom and stay there and Jake will come home to stay with the guys and we will see each other at the beach house tomorrow. 

In the closet, I decide on a pair of black leggings and a tank top with a gray cardigan to go over it. To top it off, I get a pair of flats and walk back into the bathroom to get dressed. Then I quickly put on my makeup and leave my hair down after brushing it. 

Once I'm finished getting ready, I go into the room and grab my phone before walking out to the living room. Jake is already in there ready to go. 

"Can we stop and get donuts on the way?" I ask him and he nods. 

We both gather all of the things that we did the night before and carry it all out to the truck. It takes two trips and then we get in the truck and make our way to the donut shop.

After getting a lot of donuts, we head to the beach house. 

"What do you want our baby to be?" I ask Jake. 

"Like gender wise?" He asks, looking over at me for a few seconds waiting for the response of my head nodding. "I don't really know. A girl, but no matter what we have I will be happy." 

"Yeah same. If we had a girl, you would spoil her so much." 

"True, but we both know that if we had a boy you would never let him go." 

"This is true. There's only a few days left until we get to know!" 

"I know, I'm so excited." 

"Are we going to do a gender reveal party?" 

"I was actually thinking about that." Jake starts. "We are going to find out before Thanksgiving since that is pretty soon. (A/N: There was a bit of a time jump) I think we should like have the gender reveal party the day before Thanksgiving." 

"That's a good idea. How do you want to reveal it?" 

"I don't know, I came up with the idea. The rest is your forte." 

"Haha okay." 

We turn up the music and start singing terribly at it, something weird we do in our relationship, and the trip goes a little bit faster. 

Soon enough, we get to the beach house and see that everyone else is already there that is going to be there to help. 

Jake and I get our things from the car and go to the backyard where we are having the ceremony. 

"There are the bride and groom. We were beginning to wonder if you were going to ditch us." My dad says, making us laugh. 

"Sorry daddy, we stopped to get donuts." 

"Of course." He says, hugging me back when I hug him.

"Let's get started." Jake's dad says. 

My parents bought a ton of chairs for the ceremony that we have to set out. We put a huge white tarp down on the sand and set up the chairs in rows, leaving a space in the middle so that I will be able to actually walk down an isle. 

We are going to have this altar that is made out of flowers and looks out to the beach so that when we get married, the beach will be the background. I help my mom work on the altar while the boys put the wooden blocks that have the verses on it on each row on each side. 

After that is finished, we go into the huge garage thing that we have that is meant to have parties and stuff in, which is why we had it built. This is where the reception is going to be and we have lots of white tables to set up. We have a long white table where Jake and I will sit with Natalie and Brian. 

The rest of the tables get set up around the open space where the dance floor will be. All of the food will be along the edges and then there will be the tables. We get the tables set up and put turquoise and coral table cloths on them. 

Jake puts the place cards where they go and I put the mason jars of flowers in the middle while he is doing that. Everyone else puts the flowers around it and sets up the other tables for food and cake around the room. 

By about 3 in the afternoon, everything is set up and ready for us to get married the next day. Jake and I hug our families goodbye before getting back in the car and heading back home to hang out for a while before getting ready for the dinner. 

Once we are back at the apartment, I lay down on the couch and fall asleep.

&&&&

I wake up about two hours later and find that a blanket was put over me, most likely Jake's doing. My head is also in his lap and his hand strokes my hair. 

He is watching the tv and I move my head a little bit, letting him know I am awake.

"Hello beautiful. Did you sleep well?" He asks me once I sit up and stretch.

"Mhm. We need to start getting ready for the dinner." I tell him, standing up. 

He nods and stands up as well, pulling me into his arms. 

"I love you Kaitlynn Baker." 

"I love you Jake Stevenson."

He kisses me and I kiss him back. The way his lips feel on mine is just amazing. It's like this magical feeling every time we kiss and I absolutely love him. I'm so glad he is mine.

We pull back and both head to the bathroom. Since neither of us need a shower, we can actually get ready at the same time today. 

I go into the closet to find the outfit I'm going to wear. I decide on a red skirt and a grey half sleeved shirt with the sleeves black. I grab a pair of red heels and then walk back into the bathroom. 

I plug my curling iron in and wash my face and brush my teeth. I then work on my makeup while the curling iron is heating up. Once the curling iron is hot, I curl my hair and then pin some of it back.

Then I get dressed and add a necklace and a bracelet before walking into the bedroom to grab my purse and walking out to the living room. 

While Jake is finishing getting ready, I fold the blanket I was using and grab myself a bottle of water. Jake walks out, dressed in a red polo shirt and khaki's. He takes my hand and we walk to the truck together. 

He opens the door for me and helps me get in the truck before walking to the driver's side and driving to the restaurant. 

When we pull up to the restaurant, Jake opens the door for me and we both walk hand in hand into the restaurant and to the place where we are going to be eating. 

Everyone is already here when we get here and we sit down. We are all having fajitas so we don't have to worry about ordering. 

The dinner isn't all that exciting considering it's just a dinner. Soon enough, it's over and Jake drives me back to the apartment so I can get the stuff I need. 

I pack an overnight bag, making sure to pack all of my makeup and clothes that I will need for tomorrow. After everything is packed, I walk out to the living room. All of the guys are already here and I tell them hello before taking Jake into the kitchen. 

"I'll see you tomorrow my beautiful princess. You're going to look amazing tomorrow and tomorrow is going to be the best day. I love you baby." Jake tells me as he hugs me.

"I love you too! And yes, it will be. I'm finally going to become Kaitlynn Stevenson." 

"Be safe tonight and I will see you tomorrow." He tells me, giving me a kiss. 

I kiss him back and we pull away not too long after. I grab my bag and walk to the entrance of the kitchen. 

As I'm about to walk out of the kitchen, I turn around and say, "I'll be the one in white." 

&&&&

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long wait! But the next chapter has been a chapter I have been waiting for so you might just get it faster. The next few chapters are going to be filled with lots of events and new things happening, so stay tuned. There will also be some drama because I mean, what kind of book would it be without drama?

As always, comment what you think! Also comment what you think the baby is going to be, boy or girl. 

Comment and Vote!

~Kelsi 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 8.8K 25
15-year-old, Straight-A student, Penelope, has a one night stand at a party while she was drunk. Unfortunately she became pregnant. How could she be...
5.8M 93K 83
I was a normal girl. I had wonderful friends, a loving, caring boyfriend and great parents that would do anything and give anything just so I would b...
12.6K 149 19
In high school it's about being at the top. Going to the latest parties but in Maya's mind its about running from her past. After her sixteenth birth...
238K 6.5K 24
When Alana attended her first high school party she had the most life altering experience of her life. Not only did she lose her virginity, (both par...