My Chance [Levi Ackerman X OC...

By toxictaem

[Completed] "And... You were really good looking." I fiddled my thumbs. "I prefer hot." More

Before we start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
7 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Trust

Chapter 17

4.5K 106 51
By toxictaem

Chance's POV
"I-I'm sorry for doubting you." Levi looked to the ground ashamed.

"Don't be." I smiled kindly.

"I understand that you're probably stressed out from all this happening at once." I comforted.

"I don't know how you manage to put up with me." He shrugged.

"Me neither!" I laughed.

"Well at least you're honest about it." He looks at me fondly, then his eyes lands on my ring finger.

  "I really can't believe that I'd maybe have a chance to have my own family in the future." He comments.

  "Me neither... I'd pretty much lost all hope a couple years ago." I agreed.

  "And now here we are." Levi sighed fondly.

  "Strange isn't it?" I cocked my head.

  "It sure is." He nods his head.

  "Levi." Commander Smith's voice boomed from behind me.

"I need to talk to you." He says dully.

"Of course." Levi nods his head again stressfully.

"In your office?" Commander Smith asks.

"As you wish." Levi agrees nonchalantly.

This gives me a perfect opportunity to look for clues of the expedition in Erwin's office!

"I'll see you soon Levi!" I grinned.

He nods suspiciously.

Luckily Commander Smith didn't seem to notice anything weird and continued on towards Levi's office.

The two walked beside each other, not making a single sound.

I waited for them to be out of sight, then quietly tip toed towards Erwin's office.

I slightly opened the door to make sure no one was in there and walked in softly.

I began opening random drawers and looking through items.

I shifted papers but also put them back to their original designated area.

I was determined to do whatever I possibly could for Levi.

But I was getting increasingly nervous by every second.

The thought of Commander Smith finding me was unbearably terrifying.

With that thought in mind, I began to search through the various books on his shelf along with the surface of his desk.

All I saw was file after file along with paperwork after paperwork.

But nothing was important here to me at all.

I was looking for clues not random pieces of documents.

But I still refused to give up,

Maybe his drawers have secret compartments?

I'll have to check them out.

I decided to knock on the bottom of each drawer to make sure it didn't make a hollow sound, for that would prove that there was a secret compartment inside that specific drawer.

It was a tedious job, taking files out and knocking on the bottom of each drawer.

But on one certain drawer, when I knocked on it, it sounded like I was knocking on a large wooden door.

Jackpot.

I thought to myself as I smiled proudly.

But then the thought struck me.

How was I to open this?

By the time I smashed it, Commander Smith would already back.

And he'd notice something was up due to the enormous amount of damage and wooden splinters that would decorate his carpet.

I tapped my chin nervously, trying to think of a good idea to open this compartment.

Why don't I simply take the drawer?

No that's way to obvious.

Wait,does the pin trick really work?

I fumbled in my pockets and found a rusted out black hair pin.

I have to at least try!

I cautiously opened the drawer again and searched anxiously for a key hole.

But before I could get too ahead of myself, footsteps came closer to the office and I immediately hid behind a curtain.

I have practice on stealth.

The pair of footsteps came closer and opened the door to the office.

I held my breath, trying to not make a single unnecessary sound.

The footsteps edged closer to my hiding spot, behind the green curtains.

Shit shit shit.

I cursed mentally as I prepared myself for the worst.

But the footsteps went away almost as quickly as they came.

Out of surprise I peered at the side of the curtain and saw that the person had already left.

I wonder who that was...

Maybe Commander Smith?

Maybe Squad Leader Hange?

All I know is that they're keeping some kind of big secret they don't want anyone to know.

  A secret that I'll soon find out.

  I stepped out of the curtains and began rushing towards the door.

  But just as I was about to leave and come back at a different time, I noticed a small white round pill on the ground.

  What is this?

   I wondered and I bent over to pick it up.

  I placed it on my hand and gently examined it.

  It's medication but for what?

Hmm it doesn't strike me as a pill for any special use.

Perhaps it's simply a pain killer is some sort?

It's best I ask Hange.

No she'd probably question where I got it from and I cannot exactly say hey I snuck into the Commander's office and took it!

Plus I have a feeling this is part of what Hange and Commander Smith was talking about earlier.

It'd be best if I were to analyze this myself.

Or... wait.

I could ask Dr. Jaeger.

Even though he might be a little unique but heat still a doctor.

He should be able to see what type of medication this is and what it's used for.

Yes I'll go ask him.

I clutched the pill in my hand and made a dash down the hallway.

When I turned the corner I saw Commander Smith making his way out of Levi's office:

He noticed me and smiled faintly, which I curtly returned.

I ran past him in a rushed manner and headed towards Hange's lab.

"Hange!" I cried out.

She turned towards me softly.

"Hey Chance! What's up?" She smiled widely.

"May I talk to Dr. Jaeger again? I feel like I need to confirm something." I begged.

"Sure go ahead! But be careful." She warned cheerfully.

I put on an big fake smile and opened the floorboard and went quietly down the ladder.

  I could feel the wood creepily creaking underneath my feet which made me slightly worried.

  I walked towards the stalk Dr. Jaeger was currently being kept in and stopped in front of it.

  "Dr. Jaeger?" I asked softly.

  "Oh it's you.." he nodded.

  "I would like to ask you about this." I held out the white pill I had found earlier.

  "Can you identify what this is at all?" I cocked my head.

  He stood up slowly and walked towards me.

  He gently took the pill and observed it closely.

  "It looks like a painkiller to me." He gives it back.

  "A painkiller?" I furrowed my brows.

  "My guess is that this one is meant for internal organ pain." He mentioned.

  "Because if it was physical damage, and the person needed something to get rid of the pain they would have kept him or her in the infirmary and numbed the spot, or use liquid numbing gel." He explains.

  "Really?" My eyes widened a how much Dr. Jaeger seemed to know.

  "Don't think to lowly of me, out of all honesty I did study medicine, I told you before." He states.

  "Thank you." I bowed politely.

  I was about to leave when a thought occurred to me.

  "Dr. Jaeger, are you ever going to continue that story you told me and Levi the other day?" I pressed.

  "I'll tell you if I feel like you need to know but all you cadets are doing are assassinating titans rashly, therefor you don't need my information." He concludes solidly.

  "Oh... Alright, thanks for the information Dr. Jaeger." I bowed again before walking off.

I swear he was eyeing me as I walked off but I shook it off.

Why would Commander Smith need painkillers?

And for internal organs?

What does he have cancer? Hepatitis?

No maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions.

I need to focus on finding out the truth rather than making random assumptions.

Maybe I can find out more clues about it some time when Commander Smith isn't in his office.

Then I can go and try to open the secret compartment I failed at opening today.

I held onto the ladder firmly as I began to climb up.

I opened the trap door and climbed out.

I was greeted by a bright beam of sunlight that nearly blinded me.

Hange was simply casually sitting on her chair, spinning her pencil around with her fingers.

When she saw me she grinned.

"Did you get any information out of him about the titans?" Her eyes gleamed.

"No. I'm sorry, I just asked him some personal questions that might come in handy in the future." I carefully worded my sentence to make sure I wasn't telling any possible lies.

"Ah. Personal questions. Alright I get it." Hange nods understandingly.

"I'll get going now." I nodded.

I walked or the door and continued down the hall.

Commander Smith is still in his office.

I can't go there for any further research.

  Maybe I'll simply wait for another suitable time.

  That sounds like he best idea for now.

  Maybe Levi has a separate idea from me...

  Perhaps I should ask him.

  Well I was always better at taking action myself so I guess I'll first give it a try.

  If I seriously cannot get a clue, I'll get Levi to help.

I made a fist with my right hand like all those cliché book characters did in heroic scenes and sighed.

Should I give Commander Smith's office another try tomorrow?

  If I'm lucky he won't be there...

  I strolled down anxiously to the garden where I saw Levi standing, with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Levi. Hello." I greeted.

"Oh? Good evening Chance." Levi greets back.

"Did you find anything out?" He demands desperately.

"No. I'm sorry. Commander Smith came back to the office before I could open up a secret compartment in his drawer. However I did manage to find this on his floor." I handed the pain killer to Levi.

"I asked Dr. Jaeger what it was and he said it was a painkiller. He said it was most likely used for internal pain." I explained quietly.

"That would mean Erwin or someone is suffering from internal pain of some sort. Hmm. But do you really think Dr. Jaeger is telling the truth?" Levi questions cautiously.

"I believe him. I just have this feeling that I should in this situation. He doesn't seem all that bad at all." I smiled to myself.

"I see. Well, it's getting late, I'll escort you to your room now." Levi says prominently.

"Why thank you kind sir!" I laughed a bit.

He rolls his eyes but took my hand and gently led me back to the building.

  "My head is hurting from all this complicated madness." I groaned.

  "Don't worry and overly stress yourself over this Chance. You can depend a little more on others you know? And me." Levi comforts softly.

  "I know I can trust you Levi. I just... have poor social skills at some points and end up saying things I wish I didn't." I admitted in defeat.

  "Well if you ought to depend on someone, feel comfortable with the person first." Levi soothes.

  "I'm very comfortable when I'm with you." I mummer sweetly and latched onto his arm.

  "What are you up to?" He narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

  "Nothing nothing." I smiled nostalgically.

  "But thing is, I really need to know what's in the drawer's secret compartment. It seems pretty flat so I'm betting my money on the fact that it's probably important files of some sort." I declared, trying to sound professional.

  "Files eh? Then I'll bet on that as well, seeing that I haven't seen the actual drawer yet." Levi agreed nonchalantly.

  "We need to find a way to open the drawer without causing havoc!" I protested.

  "The best way would be to find the key." He states simply.

  "I would use the key if I could at least find it!" I groaned.

"Then find it." Levi stops nonchalantly.

"You say that as if it's a simple matter." I snorted.

"Oh but it is." Levi slides his hand in his pocket and draws out a rusted copper key.

My mouth dropped in awe as he spun the key around on his index finger.

"Where did you get that?" I demanded.

"A simple pick pocketing did the trick." H clutched the key.

"We'll see exactly what's in that goddamned drawer tomorrow. Erwin has a meeting early in the morning with Commander Pixis. We will go to his office and look." Levi states.

"Alright!" I smiled at him in admiration.

  "What's with the weird look on your face?" He cupped my cheek softly.

  "Nothing. You just seem to be always ahead of me in some way." I leaned against his hand slightly.

"No, I'm just smart." His arms fell to his sides.

"You act like I'm not!" I puffed out my cheeks.

"You said it not me." He strolled off.

You bastard.

"Hey wait up!" I cried out and grabbed his arm.

"God.." he sighed and we continued to my room.

"Here we are. Get showered. Go to sleep. And tomorrow, bright in the morning at 7 am we will go to Erwin's office." He began to leave when we arrived at my room door.

"Stay." I demanded.

  He turned his head and displayed a visibly shocked look on his.

  "I said stay." I gently grabbed the fabric of his shirt.

  "I still have paperwork to do." He rolled his eyes.

  "You're so cold. You prefer paperwork over me?" I displayed a sad, puppy eyes look on my face.

  "God... okay okay, after I finish I'll come her alright?" He patted my head in defeat.

  "Hmph. Still paperwork. Fine, but you have to come. Promise?" I held out my pinky.

  "This feels retarded, but alright." He connected his pinky with mine.

"Haha you can't break a pinky promise." I smiled.

He sighed and shoved his hands in his pockets again.

"I'm going to my hell of an office, once I finish, I'll come. Geez you are such a demanding lady." He scolded grumpily.

"Hey! But you put my demand to action, proving you looove me." I smirked.

"Shut it." He says nonchalantly.

"The Corporal's maaaaad." I singsonged as I watched him walk away.

Levi's POV
I walked away from Chance's annoying little singsong marathon and towards my office.

Once I reached it, I opened the door and sat down on my leather chair.

"Damn you Chance, making me go as fast as I possibly can." I scowled mentally and rushed to scribble down signatures and notes.

My eyes quickly skimmed through the pile of paperwork.

I was sort of used to this to the tall pile didn't intimidate me too much.

In the midst of my thoughts, a knock was heard on my door.

"Name and business." I declared, not looking up from the papers.

"Erwin Smith." A booming voice was heard on the other side of the door.

"Erwin? Come in." I looked up.

The tall blond man walked in with a distressed look on his face.

"Levi. When I left your office, one of my belongings was missing,did you happen to find it?" He scratched his head.

"Your belongings? Not that I know of." I said smoothly.

"But if you tell me what it is, maybe I can search for it." I stared into his eyes.

"I-Its a copper key." He mumbled.

"A copper key? Well, I'll look for it then. Why is his key so important to you?" I pried.

"Well, when you loose any personal belonging it would be stressful." He shakes his head.

"That's true. I'll be sure to look out for it. Don't worry about it." I lied through my teeth.

"Thank you. If you find it, make sure to give it to me immediately:" he ordered.

"Sure thing." I mumbled, guilt slowly building up within me.

  As soon as he left I collapsed onto my desk.

  I took out the key from my pocket.

  I quietly fumbled with it behind my desk.

  To be honest I was going to return it before Chance mentioned the drawer.

  "Erwin, is that all you wanted to talk about?" I clasped my hands together.

  "Yes, I'll be going now."

He nodded briefly before making a quiet exit out my office door.

  As he left I noticed, something falling to the ground.

  I went over to the door, made sure Erwin was already halfway down the hallway and picked the item up.

  "A key?" I mumbled to myself.

  Yes I lied.

  I didn't pickpocket him or mean to take it at all.

  I just wanted to seem responsible in front of Chance.

  I know, I'm pathetic.

  It doesn't matter though, as long as we solved the mystery, I can simply give the key back.

Chance's POV
A million miles away and I'm still thinking 'bout my baby

Ain't misbehavin' no, you don't need to worry

I'm having a good time (good time) oh woah

And I've had one too many, but it's the only way to pass the time (oh woah, ah ah, oh woah)

I hummed to myself as the hot shower water poured down my back and hair.

I'm kind of nervous for tomorrow, after all if we get caught we are going to be in big trouble.

  But. I believe in Levi. He's an intelligent and strong person I still deeply admire.

  I turned off the faucet and stepped out while wrapping a towel around myself.

My wet hair left droplets of water on the ground.

Then I twisted my hair tightly so that the water dripped out.

I walked out the door to come face to face with Levi just walking in.

"Oh god! You scared the shit out of me." I panted slightly.

  I noticed that he looked embarrassed and immediately turned away.

  Then I realized I was still in a bath towel

"Oh my gosh sorry!" I blurted out and ran towards my dresser.

  I feel like this is deja vu.

  "I don't mind." I could feel Levi smirking.

  "Aw shut it." I mumbled, pulling a shirt over my head and white pants on my legs.

"Anyway, we seriously should get some sleep." I motioned to my bed.

"Sleep with me." I ordered.

"That sounds so wrong." Levi shook his head in awe.

I whacked my forehead as soon as I processed what I had just said.

  "Just. Lie down will you?" I sighed.

  "Sure thing." He nodded smugly.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep, with an extra weight on my waist.

Timeskip to tomorrow

"Oi. Chance wake up." Levi gently shook me.

"O-oh.." I rubbed my eyes wearily and sat up.

"Let's go." He motioned to the door.

"At least let me change alright?" I yawned.

"Alright." He stared at me.

"Don't look at me you insolent pervert!" I crushed furiously and threw a pillow at him.

I pulled my uniform on me and gave my hair a simply brushing before returning to my bed where I found Levi sitting and staring blankly at the wall.

I found an elastic band and tied my hair in a loose braid.

Well, I wanted to make in neat but I was way too lazy.

"Let's go Levi." I pulled at his sleeve.

"Okay." He shook his head slightly, snapping out of his daze.

We opened the door softly and gently walked down the hall, making the smallest noise possible.

We turned the corner, just to see Commander Smith leave his office in a slight hurry.

We quickly ducked behind the corner to avoid being seen by the tall blonde maniac.

"Let's go." Levi motioned.

We walked towards the office and gently opened the door.

As we walked towards the desk, Levi fumbled in his pocket, pulling out the same rusted key that apparently opened the secret compartment.

I opened the drawer and took out the documents on top of the secret compartment, revealing a small hole where the key should be inserted in.

"There'd the key hole, insert it quickly." I nudged.

"Okay okay." He reached his left hand, holding the key into the drawer.

He inserted the key into the hole and turned it 180 degrees to the right.

The wood creaked up a little bit and with one swift movement, was removed by Levi.

"Just as I thought. These are documents." I eyes them before taking the papers out.

"That's quite obvious considering the spacing but I'll give you this one." Levi winks.

"Haha thanks." I blushed and scratched my head.

He put the wood back in its place and the previous papers back on it before closing the drawer.

I flipped the first paper over to review the contents.

"What are those?" Levi demands.

My eyes trailed back to the documents currently in my hand.

"Wait a second." My eyes skimmed the contents on the various papers.

"These are-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 1 19
My name is Mia and I have spent most of my life around a boy with black hair and grey eyes. After joining the Survey Corps everything changes, but we...
21.7K 925 48
i'm so sorry, i love you. ๐“๐‘๐€๐ˆ๐“๐Ž๐‘! ๐Ÿ”ญ ๐ŸŽน โคท levi ackerman ร— reader. โ—กฬˆ ยฉrezespuff 2021.
428 15 1
"So you just found me hot? Is that why you were so tense?" "Fucking yes." He tugged you closer. Lips hovering over the shell of your ear, a shudder w...
133K 4.6K 45
"Ah, so you're the infamous Levi Ackerman and what do I owe to have your presence ?" --- "Marry me" (๏ผฌ๏ฝ…๏ฝ–๏ฝ‰ ๏ผก๏ฝƒ๏ฝ‹๏ฝ…๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ ๏ฝ˜ ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ„๏ฝ…๏ฝ’) [Mafia AU] { ๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™Š ๏ฟฝ...