Love Thy Enemy (Finished)

By Bella1951

Hermione is back as Head Girl for her 7th year, but she is back without Ron. So when she is forced to room wi... More

Love Thy Enemy
A New Start
Haunting Past
A Change in the Game
Consequences
Breaking Point
Touched
Complications
Coming Clean
Heat Rises
Schemes and Things
The Greatest Gift
Watery Wonders
A Dangerous Drink
Love and Hate
Finding a Cure
Holiday Plans
An Old Man's Advice
Forever and Always
Time and Space
Meet the Parents
Let the Games Begin
Manhunt
Healing Sleep
The End for Now
Just a quick note

Holding the Stars

76.1K 1.2K 722
By Bella1951

It is amazing how fast time passes with Draco. The hours in class without him become longer and longer as we spend more and more time together. Every evening we both head to the common room after dinner where we do homework and talk. I have heard people, mostly girls, talking like crazy about what they think we are doing in our private little room. But they couldn't be more wrong. It is true that Draco spends every night curled up next to me, but nothing more than a tender kiss or innocent touch takes place. By Friday, we still turn heads when we walk around holding hands, or with his arm around my waist, but we are quickly becoming old news.

I can hardly contain my relief when my final class ends on Friday and I head down to dinner. But before I make it to the Great Hall, a hand whips out and grabs my arm, pulling me back into an alcove. A large shape locks me in place, with either hand pressed against the wall on either side of my head. For a moment, my heart begins to pound, but when I recognize the pale face and white blonde hair, I laugh shakily and stand on my tip toes for a moment, quickly touching my lips against Draco's.

"I scared you," he says with an evil glint in his eyes.

"You abducted me," I correct and his musical laughter fills the small space.

"I apologize, it was not my intention. I just wanted to ask you if you would have dinner with me tonight, seeing as it is the weekend," he asks, his gaze burning into mine, making it hard to breathe.

"Are you going to join me at the Gryffindor table?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Not likely. Actually, I wanted to take you somewhere. I already have the food and all that jazz ready. All I need is you," he says, placing his hand on my cheek and running his thumb over the skin just below my lip.

"Will it get us in trouble?" I ask, though I know it won't change my answer in the least.

"Not if we are quick and sneaky," he says.

He doesn't wait for my answer. Instead he grabs my hand and we slip out of the small alcove, across the deserted entrance hall and out the front door. To my surprise and trepidation, he leads me over to the broom shed where he grabs his Nimbus 2001.

"I am not a good flier," I tell him hesitantly.

"Its okay Hermione, I am," he tells me and swings his leg over the thin stick. He holds out a long fingered hand for me and I reluctantly fill it with my own. He pulls me close and sits me in front of him. It is hard to feel scared when his long, muscular arms are wrapped tight around me, holding me close.

The grounds are beautiful at this time of day. The sun is just beginning to set, casting a reddish glow over the huge area. The grey stone of the castle darkens until it is almost black. It is enough to take my breath away. I get a little worried as we begin to fly over the Forbidden Forest, our feet almost brushing the tips of the trees. I am just about to open my mouth and warn Draco of the many protective spells surrounding the border of Hogwarts to keep unwanted visitors out (and us in) but he quickly drops through a sudden opening in the tightly growing trees. I have to close my eyes as my stomach floats up to my throat, just like when you are on an elevator and it comes to a stop. But then out feet are on the ground and I open my eyes. I expected a blanket and some food on the grass, but I wasn't expecting the beautiful sight before me.

A large pond lays to one side of the clearing. Water spills into it from a small waterfall made of large boulders that rise to just over my height. A ring of tall, ancient trees enclose the space, casting an enchanting, fairy tale look to the place. In between us and the pond is the blanket I was expecting. It is the one off the back of the couch in our common room. It is spread over the surprisingly green grass with a pair of white tapered candles glowing in the center. The light from the candles spreads a warm glow over the space. Actually, now that I think of it, the air is quite warm as well. Nothing like the cold air and biting wind around the castle. In fact, it is more like a day in early May than an evening in late October.

"Draco, its amazing. So beautiful..." I tell him. He has been standing nervously behind me while I took it all in, but at my words, all signs of worry dissolve from his face and a wide, proud smile stretches his lips.

"You like it?" he asks.

"I have never been any where so beautiful and romantic," I tell him, blushing a bit at the words. 

"Well you haven't seen anything yet my lady," he says with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"What do you mean? What more could there possibly be?" I ask but he just smiles.

"For that, you will have to wait till dark. But from now, lets eat," he suggests and he grabs my hand, pulling me over to the blanket. We both have a seat on the soft blanket and Draco whips out his wand. He begins swirling it with a magnificent flourish and a steaming plate of chicken Alfredo appears complete with garlic bread. The smell hits me and my mouth is instantly watering.

"How did you do that? There are laws," I begin but he just laughs.

"I have been practicing. Besides, I didn't make this out of thin air. But I don't want to spoil the magic, so the secret dies with me," he tells me and I just laugh. Next, he produces two goblets full of Rosmerta's finest mead. I take a sip and the flavor explodes on my tongue. It is delicious and had to cost 50 galleons at least. Draco hands me a fork and we dig in. The pasta is mouthwatering. I have never had anything so delicious and soon the plate is empty and we are both laughing at how stuffed we feel.

While we have been eating, the sky has been steadily darkening until there is only a small beam of light still burning into the clearing. When Draco notices this, he quickly jumps to his feet, blows out the candles and grabs my hand, hoisting me to my feet.

"What are you doing?" I ask, confused at his sudden change. Just seconds ago he was relaxed and joking. Now I can feel the excitement in his every touch.

"Shh, just come over here. You will see," he says, pulling me over the the side of the pond. I begin to respond but he quickly quiets me and just points at the black water. Shrugging, sure he has lost his mind, I stare at the water as the last rays of sunlight disappear, plunging us into darkness. Until a strange light begins to glow. It is coming from under the water. It spreads slowly over the surface of the water until it looks like the entire pool is full of glowing blue stars. It is amazing. small spots of blue light rise and fall, swimming lazily through the water. They begin pouring down the waterfall. Soon, the entire area is glowing with a mystical blue light and I can't take my eyes off of the water.

"What is it?" I whisper, afraid that the sound of my voice may shatter the moment.

"The small ones are bacteria and the larger ones are like jelly fish. It is really cooler if you don't know. They are bio-luminescent sea creatures, that is why they glow. This pond is actually salt water, not fresh water," he explains quietly.

"But how? How can this exist here?" I ask.

"Hermione, this is Hogwarts, a magical school for witches and wizards. How can you doubt the magic of this?" he asks quietly and when he puts it that way, how can I not accept it?

Draco kneels next to the pond and gently plunges his hands into the water. Cupping his hands, he lifts some water and holds it out to me. I hold out my hands and he softly pours the water into my hands. He has managed to catch a couple of the glowing bacteria and now they swim around in my hands. The water is amazingly warm. I feel like I am holding miniature stars in my hands. Eventually I kneel at the edge of the water and dip my hands in, releasing the trapped stars. Instead of pulling my hands back, I let them linger in the warm water. The tiny glowing creatures flow through my fingers, almost playing with me.  Draco kneels next to me and dips his hands into the water where they intertwine with mine. For a long time, we kneel at that pond, not saying anything and just holding hands as the stars frolic through our fingers.

Nicola

Rage flows through my veins at the disgusting sight in front of me. I am hidden between the trees, looking out over a small clearing that is full of blue light. Draco and the mudblood are squatted by the water and I have to fight the urge to storm over and shove her in and hold her down until she stops fighting. Draco should have brought me here, not her. How dare he bring a mudblood to this beautiful spot. I didn't even know a place like this existed in this disgusting forest. 

When the leaves rustle behind me, I decide I have seen enough. This place gives me the creeps and as soon as Draco is mine, I plan on finding a way to destroy this place. He will never come back here. I slip quietly through the trees, trying not to jump at the sounds of the forest. I swear at one point I catch sight of glowing yellow eyes, staring me down through the trees.

It comes as a relief when I finally make it out of the trees and back to the safety of the castle. For a moment, I consider going to the Headmistress and telling her about Hermione and Draco's rule breaking trip to the forest. They will surely loose their head boy and girl status and then Draco will hate Hermione for dragging him out there. But I decide not to tell, at least not yet. It could ruin my plan for Hogsmeade tomorrow, and I really don't want that. Everything is all set up and ready. Those two won't know what hit them. Draco will be mine by nightfall tomorrow. No doubt. Extremely pleased with myself, I head back to my dorm to pick out some robes for tomorrow. I want to look my best when I have to comfort the distraught Draco. My own gleeful laughter echoes through the room.

Hermione

I am not sure how long we stay like that, but by the time we finally stand. I am quite stiff. Deciding we should probably get back before our absence is noticed, we pick up out stuff and ride back to the castle on Draco's broom. He lands in the owlry, so we won't be caught going through the front door, and we walk back to our room. While I get ready for bed, Draco puts everything away. When he comes into my room, he is wearing only his pajama bottoms. I have seen him shirtless before, but his masculine beauty never fails to catch my breath. This is the first time he has come to bed without a shirt on and it is surprising the jump in my heart rate.

I climb in bed and he climbs in next to me. He instantly wraps his arms around me, resting my cheek on his bare chest. His skin is warm and soft. I can hear his heart beating streadily in his chest.

"Thank you for taking me there Draco. It was so amazing," I tell him.

"I am glad I took you. I am glad we can share that place. I am pretty sure no one else knows about it," he says.

"I have got to go to the library sometime and look up those jelly fish and the little bacteria. They were so cool," I tell him and he laughs easily.

"Of course. You are going to ruin their mystique if you read about them. Trust me. They are much cooler if you don;t know all about them," he says.

"Well, maybe," I say grudgingly and he laughs again.

"Go to sleep my lady, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow," he says and I feel his lips touch the top of my head.

"We could skip it and go back to the pond," I suggest.

"I don't think so. You promised me a date miss Granger, and I am going to hold you to it!" he says, feigning rage that makes me giggle.

"Okay, okay, I am sorry. A date it is, and I wouldn't skip it for the world," I tell him, still laughing.

"That's better. Besides, the pond isn't nearly as cool during the day," he says and I feel him shrug.

"Too bad, I figured we could take a swim," I tell him and he instantly stiffens.

"A swim?" he muses and I can hear the gears turning in his head.

"Oh no mister Malfoy. Its too late now. You promised me a date and a date it will be!" I tell him and he laughs loudly, his arms tightening around me for a moment.

"Blast my big mouth. But I would be honored to go on a date with you," he says in a very gentlemanly tone. "And we can swim after," he adds in an undertone. 

I smack his stomach as he laughs but it is an intriguing idea. It has been a long day and soon all the excitement catches up with me and I drift off to sleep, still resting my cheek on Draco's warm chest. Just before black oblivion swallows me, I hear his smooth, sweet voice. He says something very softly. It murmurs through his chest, but I only catch the last word. My name. I want so badly to know what he said, but before I can even open my mouth to ask, sleep takes me and I never get the chance. I dream about what tomorrow will hold, my first real date. If I had known what was really waiting for me in the shadows of the near future, I would have dragged Draco kicking and screaming to the pond where we would stay together and where no one would ever find us. But I had no idea what was coming, so there was no way to avoid it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 69.6K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...
132K 2.6K 33
The war is over, Hermione and Ron are happily together, going back to Hogwarts for their 7th year with their best friends, Harry, Ginny, Neville and...
21.2K 539 33
The Wizarding War is over, and Voldemort is gone. The golden trio decides to go back to Hogwarts to retake their 7th year, their last year, but they...
27.6K 407 17
Hermione and Draco are repeating their 7th year along with their other friends. They both become Head Boy and Head Girl and had to share a common roo...