When Myths Meet Magic || 2

由 Yournormalpjofangirl

Book 2 of When Myths meet Magic. Four more demigods join Percy, Annabeth, Nico, and Thalia at Hogwarts, whic... 更多

1|| Nico
2|| Harry
3|| Hazel
4|| Piper
5|| Percy
6|| Piper
7|| Jason
8|| Annabeth
9|| Piper
10|| Hazel
11|| Percy
12|| Thalia
13|| Jason
14|| Harry
15|| Annabeth
16|| Piper
17|| Jason
18|| Percy
19|| Hazel
20|| Jason
22|| Annabeth
23|| Jason
24|| Ginny
25|| Jason
26|| Annabeth
27|| Harry
28|| Annabeth
29|| Piper
Thoughts?

21|| Percy

20.7K 698 1.1K
由 Yournormalpjofangirl

"Hagrid. Hagrid, the Heir of Slytherin?" Annabeth folded her arms over her chest and sank back into the armchair.

Harry nodded vigorously. "It was definitely him! How many people do you think were holding up creatures like that in the castle?"

"Well, we could ask him later," Thalia said uncertainly.

Jason raised an eyebrow sarcastically. "What a lovely visit that would be. 'Oh, hello Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"

Nico pursed his lips to hide a smile. "Yeah, but if it was him, then we should talk to him sooner or later. Best wait until there's another attack, I guess."

>>>•O•<<<

It had been nearly three months since the last attack on Frank and Hazel. People had grown less tense, not whispering as suspiciously as Harry walked down the halls.

"It's a relief," Harry said when Percy brought the subject up. "I was really getting sick of it."

"I know what you mean," Percy nodded. "Horrible, when I got claimed."

"That was positive attention though," said Annabeth.

"Not from you," Percy reminded her. "All that whispering and self-arguing; one would almost think you were planning something!"

They stepped into the common room and began to walk up the stairs, but was met halfway by Neville Longbottom.

"Harry— Harry I don't know who did it— I just found—" gulping fearfully, Neville pushed the door open. Harry, Percy, Ron, Nico, and Jason walked inside and gasped.

The contents of Harry's trunk had been thrown everywhere. His cloak lay ripped on the floor, the sheets of his bed pulled off, the drawer pulled out of his nightstand, the contents tipped over.

"Oh my gods." Jason crouched down. "It looks like someone's been looking for something."

"What's missing?" Ron asked, pulling the sheets off the floor to reveal scattered quills and parchment. Harry shuffled through his textbooks before realizing—" Riddle's diary is missing."

Nico's mouth dropped open and he examined the floor. No diary.

"What?"

Harry jerked his head to the common room and they headed down, meeting with the girls who were doing their homework.

Annabeth's eyes narrowed at the news, half-glancing to the girl's dormitories. Hermione looked aghast.

"But, only a Gryffindor could have stolen- no one else knows the password—"

"Exactly," Harry murmured.

>>>•O•<<<

That afternoon, Percy, Nico, and Thalia were heading down to dinner, as the rest had gone ahead of them.

"I really hope it isn't Hagrid," Percy said for the millionth time, still discussing the events in the diary. Nico shook his head. "It sure seemed like it, though, didn't it?"

"Yeah. I wonder if—" Thalia stopped short, tensing. The rest followed suit, hands going to their weapons.

"Cyclops!" Thalia whipped out her dagger and slashed at the monsters lumbering out at them. They were rather large, and slow. Percy felt a stab of guilt as he disintegrated one, thinking back at Tyson. But these weren't friendly half-brothers, and would happily turn him into a Percy-ka-bob. So he, Nico, and Thalia killed them without mercy.

"That was easy," Percy said as he pulled out Riptide. "Honestly, if the monsters wanted to attack us— Nico? Thalia?" Percy glanced down and stumbled back in surprise. Thalia was frozen mid reach for her knife, which was in the wall. Nico was also slumped on the ground, his sword in front of him in a defensive position, but eyes caught on the gleam of the blade. Both were frozen.

"Oh gods," Percy held up his sword to cast the glow of bronze around the hallway. Then the hairs of the back of his neck stood up, and he glanced in his blade, his eyes catching on a large pair of poisonous yellow eyes. Suddenly, a cold feeling washed over him, raising goosebumps on his skin. The cold spread to an acidic feeling, like he was swimming in a diluted version of the River Styx. His bones froze— muscles tensed— he couldn't move— then the world around him glowed brightly and suddenly shut off into complete darkness.

>>>•Annabeth POV•<<<

Annabeth sat down at the Gryffindor table uneasily. Something was wrong, she could feel it in the air.

"I know," Jason agreed. "I can feel it too." Annabeth started. She hadn't said anything, but somehow Jason knew what she was thinking. It was unnerving.

"I'm worried," she said, jabbing at some peppermint humbugs. "I know those three can take care of themselves—"

"You're still protective, not used to being away from Percy, especially when there's a threat," Hermione finished for her. "Don't worry, I'm sure they're safe."

"Never assume you're safe," Jason warned, looking around. "Last time Piper said that, an arrow impaled the wood right next to her skull."

Ron gulped. "Yeah, that's not very good."

The hairs on Annabeth's arms stood straight up, something was happening. Something bad.

She pushed her seat away. "I'm going to go find them. Jason, c'mon."

Jason followed her, Harry and Hermione in pursuit. Ron ate another piece of potatoes before running after them.

"They should've come down by now," Annabeth said, speed walking up to the Gryffindor common room. "I don't understand why—" she turned the corner and stopped suddenly, Jason crashing into her from behind, but she didn't notice. Her heart had plummeted through her stomach at the sight before her.

"No. Nononono." she ran forward, crouching next to him. "Percy," she whispered. "Oh gods, no, Percy!"

Jason ran past her and grabbed Thalia, who was still standing still, reaching for her dagger. The blade glinted, showing Hermione behind him, tentatively waving her hand in front of Nico's face.

"Percy, no, Percy!" Annabeth wouldn't stand up.

"Professor!" Ron shouted down the hall. "Professor! Come quickly!"

"Mister Weasley, I can hear you perfectly fine." Professor McGonagall said sharply as she approached. Then she saw the scene in front of her and broke out into a run.

"What happened?" she stared down at the forms of Nico, Percy, and Thalia. "Did you— what?"

Annabeth stood up slowly, not moving from Percy's side. Her eyes seemed to glint dark gray, if that was even possible. The glare she pinned on the wall would've made even Nico run.

"Professor, we need to get them to the Hospital wing," Harry said. McGonagall nodded and waved her wand, levitating Percy, Nico, and Thalia. Annabeth pried Riptide from Percy's fingers and laid it on his abdomen; in seconds it vanished.

McGonagall had gone pale as she navigated down the halls, sharply reprimanding the students that had crowded around. Annabeth kept a hand on Percy's arm, as his hands were frozen in a curved shape that matched Riptide's handle. Her mind flashed back to in Tartarus, when Percy killed the arai. To protect her.

She shuddered at the memory, remembering the helpless state Percy was in, draped over Bob's shoulders. Slowly dying, unable to move. Every groan that escaped him had made Annabeth's heart squeeze painfully. That was how it felt now, except he wasn't dying. But the pain didn't hit her any less. He was helpless, suspended in mid-air, unable to move.

Annabeth stopped sharply as they reached the hospital wing. Quite a crowd had gathered around them, gaping at the three students. Luckily, Harry had sheathed Nico's sword and Jason had hidden Thalia's weapons, so no questions were raised.

Many suspicious glances were thrown at Harry, and many whispers laced the murmurs, but Harry was too engrossed in the state of his friends to notice.

She entered the hospital wing in silence, still holding Percy's bicep. McGonagall grimly placed them on three separate beds, backing out silently. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Jason headed out too, when Madam Pomfrey ushered them out, but Annabeth kept a rock-solid grip on Percy's arm.

"Ms. Chase, if you could leave Mr. Jackson, please?" Madam Pomfrey raised an eyebrow.

Annabeth held her gaze, unblinking. "No."

"No?"

"No," she repeated. "I'm not leaving him. Not again."

Madam Pomfrey exhaled through her nose. "Miss Chase, Mr. Jackson isn't going anywhere. He'll be right here until the Mandrakes are restored and brewed. I'm afraid you're going to have to leave him at some point."

Annabeth didn't break the stare. "Well then, until that point, I will be staying right here."

"Oh, let her stay the night, Poppy. What harm could it do?" McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey seemed to be having a silent argument. Eventually, Madam Pomfrey sighed and nodded to Annabeth, who sat up straighter.

"Oh, all right, but tonight only. Do you understand me?" She turned and began arranging Nico to be more comfortable, despite the fact that he was petrified and unable to feel anything. Annabeth nodded and sat down on a chair Professor McGonagall had conjured. Hermione cast one more worried glance at her and Percy before they headed out of the wing.

>>>•Harry POV•<<<

"I can't believe it!" Ron exclaimed as soon as they were in the common room. "Percy, Nico, and Thalia? Petrified?"

"I know!" Jason sighed. "They're the three original children of the Big Three. This monster that's attacking people, it's gotta be really powerful to take them all down." He shook his head.

Harry and Ron exchanged worried glances. If Jason was nervous, it was bad.

"I expect we should see Hagrid, then?"

"He's getting one last chance," Hermione interjected with certainty. "I heard Professor McGonagall talking to Professor Sprout just as we left. One more chance, then they're going to get him."

Harry sank back into an armchair in the corner. "So, it really is him then?" he asked, looking around. "But, why'd he attack them? Percy, Nico, and Thalia? He's got nothing against them, does he?"

Ron shook his head. "I dunno. Are they still going with that Quidditch match tomorrow?"

Harry sat straight up. "Gods, I forgot about that! Annabeth definitely isn't going to play, Jason, you're the reserve. You ready?"

Jason swallowed. "If it's still on—" he was cut off by Professor McGonagall entering the common room.

"Attention, Gryffindors!" She called, her voice wavering. The chatter around the room quieted, everyone looking at her expectantly. Ginny was looking splotchy as she sat by the fire, her knees curled up to her chest.

"We have new rules. All students will return to their House common rooms by six o'clock in the evenings. No students is to leave the dormitories after that time. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No students is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities."

The Gryffindors watched in silence as she rolled up her parchment with pursed lips and climbed out of the portrait hole.

>>>•O•<<<

"What d'you suppose they're going to do once summer starts?" Harry, Annabeth, Hermione, Jason, and Ron were anxiously walking down on the side of the group that was headed to History of Magic.

"I certainly hope they don't close Hogwarts, like Riddle was mentioning," Harry said sullenly, thinking about what he would do when the Dursleys found out he was staying for the rest of his life until he was a legal adult.

McGonagall dropped them off at the front of the classroom, hurrying back as she went. They entered one by one when Harry heard it.

Kill this time... let me rip... tear...

Harry jumped with a loud gasp, making heads turn his way. "The voice!" Harry looked over his shoulder while whispering furiously to Ron, Hermione, and Jason. "I just heard it again!"

Ron shook his head, wide eyed but blank. Hermione, however, clasped a hand to her forehead.

"Harry— I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library! Cover for me!"

She ducked away from the entrance, avoiding all attention.

"What does she understand?" Jason asked. "Oh, it'd better be good. McGonagall isn't going to be happy once she finds out."

No sooner had they all gotten out their quills when Professor McGonagall walked briskly in, her face pulled gaunt. "Potter, come with me. You three, you'd better come too." She turned on her heel, Harry, Ron, Annabeth, and Jason scrambling after her.

"How can she suspect you this time?" Ron asked in a low voice. To their surprise, however, they didn't go to an office. They turned in the direction of the Hospital Wing.

"This will be a bit of a shock," McGonagall said, surprisingly soft, as they entered. "But there was another attack."

She pushed the door open, and they entered.

Lying on the bed closest to the left was a Ravenclaw Prefect, her hand extended in front of her. And behind her—

"Hermione!" They all gasped at their friend, lying glassy-eyed next to her.

McGonagall pursed her lips. "The Ravenclaw, she was headed away from the bathroom. I suspect the teacher accompanying her was called away, or thought she could take care of herself. I don't understand Hermione, however, but what's done cannot be undone. And I don't suppose you can explain this? It was on the floor next to them—" she held up a small, circular mirror.

They all shook their heads, stunned.

"Well, then, that cannot be helped. I will escort you back to class now."

>>>•O•<<<

"That's two Hufflepuffs down, one Ravenclaw, and five Gryffindors. Five!" A fourth year Gryffindor, Lee Jordan, was counting on his fingers in the middle of the common room. "Haven't any of the teachers noticed that the Slytherins are all safe? Isn't it obvious all this stuff's coming from Slytheirn? The heir of Slytherin, the monster of Slytherin— why don't they just chuck all the Slytherins out?" He was met with scattered applause and many nodding heads.

"D'you think they suspect Hagrid?" Ron asked them quietly.

"We've got to go and talk to him," Harry answered. "I can't believe it's him this time, but if he set the monster loose last time he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start."

"But McGonagall said we've got to stay in our tower unless we're in class—" Jason said.

"I think" Harry answered more quietly still. "we need to go invisible."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

78.2K 2K 19
It's you first day after the summer holidays since you moved from your old town. And it is also your first day at your new school. You don't know any...
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
543K 21.3K 47
Book 5 of When Myths Meet Magic. Harry has a problem. Several, actually. One of them is his social life, one of them is shaped like a toad, and one o...
562K 12.5K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.