Forever and Always- Book 1

By xo_smosh_xo

Ian Hecox and Melanie Moat were together for six years. After one fight, Melanie ends it. Weeks later, they b... More

Prologue
The discovery
Secret's Out
Let's Be Parents
Check Ups and Announcements
Time To go Shopping!
Moving In
It's a...
Little Movements
Preparing
Fun at Lamaze
Bad Timing
Minutes to Spare
Meet Noah
Welcome Home
Smosh And A Baby
Family Time
A New Hecox
Not Going as Planned
Saying Goodbye?
Home to Jersey
Go Get Her
Anticipation
The Proposal
Alone Time
All Hell is Loose
Why Can't You be Happy for Me?
Going Home
Happy Birthday Ian!
Happy Holidays
What YouTube Can do to a Couple
Finally Talking
He Just Keeps Growing Up
VidCon
Year One
Changes and New Beginnings
Before the Big Day
The start of a New Chapter
The End?

The Big Arrival

940 21 1
By xo_smosh_xo

~Melanie's POV~

My legs were in stirrups and the nurses already had the supplies out. Ian's left arm was behind my neck and he was holding my hand in his right hand. Him and one of the nurses coach my breathing. We still wait for everything to be set up.

"You ready?" Ian asked.

"A little scared but, yes" i say in between breaths.

"You'll do great" he says. "Oh wait." He takes out his phone and gives it to the nurse. "Can you film?"

"Sure!" She says.

I look at Ian. "I don't have an actual camera." He says. Luckily the nurse was about our age so she probably knows how to use an iPhone.

"Melanie, at the next contraction, i want you to start pushing ok?" I heard the doctor say.

"Ok, oh god!" I immediately start pushing. it hurts so fucking much. The nurses counted to ten. I stop pushing and take a small breath. I then start pushing again.

"Great Melanie you're doing awesome."

I stop pushing again to take another breath. My eyes are beginning to water from the pain.

"You're doing great Melanie" Ian whispers

I push twice more. "Baby's starting to crown." The doctor says. "Ian do you want to look?"

"Sure." He says. Ian gets up without letting go of my hand. His eyebrows raise as his jaw dropped. "Oh my god, Melanie how the hell are you doing this?"

"Ian not helping!" I say as I push again.

"I feel so much guilt right now."

"You should!" I say, as I push again.

"Ian i need you pull her leg back alittle." The doctor says. so much pressure was released from my back when he did it. "Feel better Melanie?"

"Yeah a little." I stop pushing a take a few seconds to breathe. A nurse takes Ian's spot and he sits back down next to me. I push three more times and then the pressure went down a bit more.

"Great Melanie, we already got the head, now they're may be a little more pressure getting the rest of him out so you have to push a little harder this time." The doctor ordered.

I push harder than I did before. It again brought more pain. I squeeze Ian's hand tighter. I tried so hard not to make any screaming. I let out a little whimp.

"Good job Mel." Ian says.

It's his shoulders that are taking forever to come out. I pushed twice more. I don't know if I can take it any longer. I just want this over with. As I stopped pushing I began crying a little.

"Alright Melanie just one more big push and you're done." The doctor said

"I can't do it, I just can't." I cried.

"Yes you can Mel, he's almost here." Ian whispered.

"No Ian, I'm trying but i really can't"

"Melanie, you have to keep pushing you can't stop now" the doctor says. "Just relax and start pushing when you're ready."

I take a deep breath then push with all of my strength. At this point I felt the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I pretty much just broke Ian's hand.

"Ahh!" I groan.

"Good job Melanie, keep going." The doctor said.

"You're almost there Mel" Ian says.

I let out a final groan. Then , as I felt sudden relief, a little cry filled the room.

"You did it Melanie!" I hear one of the nurses say.

"2:49 AM, baby boy." The doctor says.

I started crying again as I saw my little boy. I look at Ian; he has tears of joy forming in his eyes. "He's here Mel, I'm so proud of you" Ian said as he kissed my head.

"Ian, we have a baby!" I cried. We looked at each other and smile. they clean him off a bit and then place him on my chest with mulitple blankets on top of us. "he's so beautiful!" he's still bawling loudly. "shh, it's okay baby, mommy's here."

Ian takes a hold of his little hand. "you did buddy, you made it!" he says.

"Ian, would you like to cut the cord?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, sure." He says. He gets up and takes the little scissors from the doctor's hand. "Sorry little guy" Ian says. "They made me do it" he smiled.

they placed the blue hat on his head and placed more blankets on us. just holding him close to me feels amazing.

~Ian's POV~

He's here, i have a son now, i'm a father. The second i saw him my whole life just changed. It was one of the greatest moments of my life. It's been a little over ten minutes since he was born. The nurse hands me back my phone. eventually they took the baby off Melanie's chest to measure him, weigh him, and clean him off more. he ended up weighing seven pounds and six ounces. the doctor said that's pretty good for a baby born a month early. after Melanie was patched up and cleaned the doctors brought her legs back down. they must hurt so bad. they were forced open for who knows how long. After finishing his measurments and cleaning him up the nurse brought him back to Melanie the doctor brings us back to the hospital room and after a few minutes Melanie let the baby sleep in his warmer and fell alseep herself, I dont blame her. I texted Anthony telling him i made it and apparently Kalel beat me to it. he just made it back to sacramento himself so he's going to visit us tomorrow. I took a few pictures of him sleeping, all wrapped up like a burrito. I can't stop looking at him, he's perfect. I look next to me and Melanie is waking up. she opens her eyes and looks at me. "hi." I say.

"hi." she looks over at the baby. "how is he?"

"well after being pushed out of a tiny hole i'd say good."

she picks him up out of the warmer and holds him close. "I still can't believe he's finally here!"

"I know, it's crazy."

"We're finally parents!" We look at each other and smile. She looks back down at the baby. "you know, we never chose a name yet."

I sit closer and look at my son. "what was the name you suggested before?"

"Noah."

I look at him more and that name just fits him perfectly. "he actually looks like a Noah."

"really?" she says excitedly. I smile and nod. ''well okay, Noah it is! and for his middle name I was thinking Anthony."

"why?''

"well, he's your best friend and I thought you would like it. plus Noah Anthony Hecox sounds perfect."

"it does." I smile.

"we got our name!"

"yep, and luckily a good one. if we were celebrities his name would be like Tree or something."

"It's unfair, he looks more like you"

"Yep, he's definitely a Hecox"

"Want to hold him?" She asked.

"Sure." I smile

"Ok be careful, cradle his head" She suggests.

My arms are shaking because I'm so nervous. He's so small and fragile. I don't want to hurt him.

"This is amazing" I whisper. "Hey little guy, I'm your daddy." I say to him. "And I promise to be the best daddy ever. I love you so much" I lean in and kiss his head. He wakes up and opens his eyes. Holy crap, are my eyes that blue too? . "Hey he opened his eyes for me." I smiled

"I think he recognized your voice" she laughed.

"You mean this whole time he heard me?"

"I was told babies can sense things while in the womb."

"Yep, he must think I'm an idiot" I laughed.

The doctor returns to check on us. "how's everything going on here?"

"great!" Melanie says.

she wrote down the information for his certificate such as his name, our names, and all of our birthdays and printed it out in an instant.

"Ok, Noah Anthony Hecox; born July 8th 2013, at 2:49 AM. born to Melanie L. Moat and Ian A. Hecox. is this correct?"

"sounds right." Melanie says.

she makes Noah's footprints on the certificate, they were so small. lastly we both signed the bottom and she puts in a folder. "okay, we're all set. Again congratulations you two, Melanie you did amazing and you'll be able to go home in two days."

"thank you!" Melanie says. the doctor leaves and its just the three of us.

"Ian, you can sleep if you want."

"you sure?"

"yeah, i want to spend time with the baby."

"okay." I kiss Noah's head and place him back in Melanie's arms. I plop down on the couch. It's not that comfortable but it's a hell of alot better than the chair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Spilled By grace

Fanfiction

10.5K 375 16
{CHAPTER FIC, COMPLETED, FLUFF/SLIGHT ANGST} Ian and Anthony have finally confessed their love for each other and began their wonderful journey as a...
11.3K 287 14
==COMPLETED== Holly has been friends with Ian and Anthony since middle school. She's always had feelings for Ian, but little did she know that she wo...
185K 6.2K 48
Alice Derringer lost her family at a young age and has been living in and out of an orphanage ever since. Just when she starts to get sick of being t...
42K 1.5K 34
Ian finds Anthony's diary which reveals some things that might change their lives forever.