Searching for Mr. Darcy

By RachelHamm

Maisie is unlucky in love. Not that she considers herself special, or anything - who hasn't been disappointed... More

Author Note
Scene One
Scene Two
Scene Three
Scene Four
Scene Five
Scene Six
Scene Seven
Scene Eight
Scene Nine
Scene Ten
Scene Eleven
Scene Twelve
Scene Thirteen
Scene Fourteen
Scene Fifteen
Scene Sixteen
Scene Seventeen
Scene Eighteen
Scene Nineteen
Scene Twenty
Scene Twenty-One
Scene Twenty-Two
Scene Twenty-Three
Scene Twenty-Four
Scene Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Scene Twenty-Eight
Scene Twenty-Nine
Scene Thirty-One
Scene Thirty-Two
Scene Thirty-Three
Scene Thirty-Four
Scene Thirty-Five
Scene Thirty-Six
Scene Thirty-Seven
Scene Thirty-Eight
Scene Thirty-Nine
Scene Forty
Scene Forty-One
Scene Forty-Two
Scene Forty-Three
Scene Forty-Four
Scene Forty-Five
Scene Forty-Six
Scene Forty-Seven
Scene Forty-Eight
Scene Forty-Nine
Scene Fifty
Scene Fifty-One
Scene Fifty-Two
Scene Fifty-Three
Scene Fifty-Four
Scene Fifty-Five
Scene Fifty-Six
Scene Fifty-Seven
Scene Fifty-Eight
Scene Fifty-Nine
Scene Sixty
Scene Sixty-One
Scene Sixty-Two
Scene Sixty-Three
Scene Sixty-Four
Scene Sixty-Five
Scene Sixty-Six
Scene Sixty-Seven
Scene Sixty-Eight
Scene Sixty-Nine
Scene Seventy
Scene Seventy-One
Scene Seventy-Two
Scene Seventy-Three
Scene Seventy-Four
Scene Seventy-Five
Scene Seventy-Six
Scene Seventy-Seven
Scene Seventy-Eight
Scene Seventy-Nine
Scene Eighty
Scene Eight-One
Scene Eighty-Two
Scene Eighty-Three
Scene Eighty-Four
Scene Eighty-Five
Scene Eighty-Six
Scene Eighty-Seven
Scene Eighty-Eight
Scene Eighty-Nine
Scene Ninety
Scene Ninety-One
Scene Ninety-Two

Scene Twenty-Six

2.3K 132 0
By RachelHamm

Maisie and Talia only had a few minutes to check into the hotel, find their room, and freshen up and they made the most of it - Talia brushing her teeth hovering over the sink, while Maisie touched up her makeup behind her, craning her neck to get the best use of the mirror.  Her phone buzzed, nearly falling off the counter, where Maisie'd hastily set it down when they entered the bathroom.

"Uber's here!" she said, bumping into Talia's hip and causing her friend to accidentally spit toothpaste on her blouse.

"I have to change now!"

"Hurry!"

Talia peeled the shirt off and grabbed a tee from her bag as Maisie slung her purse over her shoulder and opened the door.  "I'll go down and meet them."

"Okay, I'll follow in a sec."

Maisie breezed out and grabbed the elevator to the lobby.  Inside, a young father struggled to keep his twin girls in their stroller with bribes of toys and candy.  They didn't work.

"Want a hand?" she asked.

"I got it," he replied, his voice clipped.  She backed into the corner to give him space.  When the elevator reached the lobby, she let him out first, holding the "open" button to give him time to collect the girls and their various articles of clothing and toys.  He didn't say "thank you" as he exited.

"Guess I'm not in North Carolina anymore," Maisie said, following a few feet behind.  She tended to forget how real Southern hospitality was until she encountered Northern "charm."

When she walked outside, she found the Uber driving arguing with the valet whether or not he was allowed to park in the loading zone to pick a customer up.

"You have to be loading or unloading, that's what the zone is for," the valet reasoned.

"I am loading! I'm loading customers into my car."

"Not yet you're not!"

Maisie stepped up to intervene.  "I'm here! You're picking me up.  And my friend - she had an accident with some toothpaste, but she'll be right now."  She turned to the valet, "We'll be out of your hair in just a minute.  I'm sorry."  Pulling a five dollar bill out of her purse, she handed it to him.  He frowned, but accepted the tip.

"One minute, then he's got to move this vehicle.  He's slowing down our system."

She smiled and nodded.  The valet walked back to his podium and started talking into a walkie talkie as Maisie climbed into the backseat of the car.  Talia appeared on the sidewalk before she had a chance to shut the door.

"Oh, good.  We were going to have to circle the block if you didn't show up quickly."

Talia's eyebrow shot up.  "What?"

"Never mind.  To Buzzfeed we go!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165 37 28
Stacey is a girl who doesn't have a sense of direction on what she would do after graduating from university. When she met this new guy in the city...
119 14 14
When Salina gets a promotion in her teaching job and she is assigned Mark's class, the last thing on her mind is to fall for a student. But Mark is c...
523K 27.4K 40
❝Darling, you're a fool to think he feels the same way. ❞ ❆ In which a girl is dared to date a random guy for a month. And then dum...
2.9K 267 27
After a devastating breakup, Jane started her Junior year by completely detaching herself from romantic relationships. She had finally hit the point...