Star Dazed

By MidnightWhisperer

#34 in Spiritual on 30/11/2016 #29 in Spiritual on 10/2/2018 Maahirah Furqaan; a seventeen year old teen. On... More

Star Dazed (Dedications)
Chapter One: Hustle and Bustle
Chapter Two: Mr.Popstar....?
Chapter Three: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter Four: A Different Side
Chapter Five: Arguments, Melody and Chasing The Air
Chapter Six: The Plane Ride
Chapter Seven: The Trip Begins
Chapter Eight: I Still Hate You
Chapter Nine: A Catastrophe
Chapter Ten: The Bonfire Party
Chapter Eleven: Everything is Not So Right
Chapter Twelve: Darren Anderson
Chapter Thirteen: Dream Or Reality
Chapter Fourteen: Re-believing In What Was Lost
Chapter Fifteen: Unforgettable Dinner
Preview Of Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen: When Impossible Becomes Possible
Chapter Seventeen: Maze Of Confusion
Chapter Eighteen: Messing Up With Reality
Star Dazed: Part Two
Chapter Nineteen: Delusional Mind
Chapter Twenty: A Chance
Chapter Twenty One: My Decision
Chapter Twenty Two: Learning Truth Can Be Bitter
Chapter Twenty Three: Training Phase One
Chapter Twenty Four: An Ambush At Night
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Read This
Chapter Twenty Five: Contemplating Thoughts
Chapter Twenty Six: Is It Start Of Something New?
Chapter Twenty Seven: Sweet Gestures
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Game
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Test
Chapter Thirty: Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream
Chapter Thirty One: Betrayed, Again?
Chapter Thirty Two: I Like Him?
Chapter Thirty Three: Hell Kind Of Life
Chapter Thirty Four: Do I Have To Lose You Too?
Chapter Thirty Five: Proposition And A Deal
Chapter Thirty Six: I Surrender
Chapter Thirty Seven: Being Helpless
Chapter Thirty Eight: I Needed You, Then. So, I Will Need You, Always.
Chapter Thirty Nine: Promises & Gifts
Chapter Forty: Goodbye Shouldn't Have Had Hurt, If He Was Better In It.
Fallen Stars: Sequel to Star Dazed
[FS]: Prologue
[FS] Chapter One: How Can I Act Like Nothing Ever Happened?
[FS] Chapter Two: Killing My Ego & Pride
[FS] Chapter Three: More Untold Stories
.........A Plea......
[FS] Chapter Four: I Think I'm Gonna Have Heart Attack
[FS] CHAPTER FIVE: Sisters Bonding & A Phone Call
[FS]: Chapter Six: It's On
[FS]: Chapter Seven: It All Comes Tumbling Down
{FS}Chapter Nine: That's The Plan?
[FS] Chapter Ten: A Messed Up Beginning
[FS]: Chapter Eleven: A Dog-Fight
[FS]: Chapter Twelve: Worth A Thousand Years
Heyy
[FS]: Chapter Thirteen: Lost Again.
[FS]: Chapter Fourteen: Like A Shattered Glass
[FS]: Chapter Fifteen: Welcome, Homies.
[FS]: Chapter Sixteen: Behind Closed Door
[FS]: Chapter Seventeen: Towards & Onward
[FS]: Chapter Eighteen: Captivated Again
Fallen Stars Cover
[FS]: Chapter Nineteen: The Breaking Point
[FS]: Chapter Twenty: Only ⅓ Will Come Out Alive
[FS]: Chapter Twenty One: Walking Away
E P I L O G U E
Star Dazed Covers
Q/A: With A Goodbye From Here
[ Post-Acknowledgment]

[FS]: Chapter Eight: Middle of Nowhere

1.8K 202 36
By MidnightWhisperer

(Dedicated to you  for all the love and support.)<3

Chapter Eight

Middle of Nowhere

(Maahirah Furqaan)

17th January.

I lean my head against the window, watching the world zip by, the tableau of dark conifer trees wrapped up in dotted, wisp snow as if they are covered by this white sheet, promising to bloom back in spring. Dark, gloomy clouds loom over us, and it's so cold outside that the windows keep fogging up and I kill time by yawning into the condensation, again and again.

I do everything I can to not look at the person on my left, even if continually staring outside has made my neck stiff and my head dizzy. But, I don't glance his way. And, just I'm praising myself in my head, he ruins it. Aayan snaps his fingers in front of me, making me jump in my seat.

"Open the dashboard." He orders.

I clench my fists, and mentally pummel him in my head, and doing what he said.

"That plastic bag, take it out."

I pull the yellow bag and give it to him, without looking at him and snap the dashboard shut. Second later, I hear a rustle, and a 'poof' followed by waft of cheese snipping my nostrils, and my stomach grumble. He takes it in his mouth, and purposefully crunches loudly.

He doesn't offer me, and I'm glad for it. The next hour or so passes with him munching on his treat, and me staring at the scenery, or leaning in the seat.

Just as a wave of sleep washes over me, the car stops, the engine dies and he removes the key from ignition. I look at him, annoyed.

"We're here," He states simply, getting down from the door. I sit properly and look around to find a cottage in the middle of nowhere. With its board siding and peeled log porch posts, the exterior looks to my eye more like a classic cabin than a cottage. The sky is a mixture of red, yellow and organ color, as the sun sets behind the horizon.

Aayan opens my door, and without asking for my consent, he clicks open my belt, and hauls me up.

"God, I'll not run. Let. Go." I cry out.

He doesn't pay heed to my words. He slams the door, and drags me with him. My legs aren't able to match with his long and hurried strides. I fall and trip over my own feet, but he doesn't reduce his speed, instead he lugs me on harder, making me pant and curse him. At this, he narrows his eyes at me, and automatically my eyes close like if I was expecting him to slap me.

"Shut up, Maahirah." He propels me to the wall as he digs into his pocket for keys when we are on the porch.

I rub my arm that he had held on so tight.

"In," He pushes me in to the dark and quickly shuts the door. When the door closes, the house illuminates with bright lights.

"Where are we?" I squint at the house. The inside, on the other hand, definitely says cottage with its white-painted board finishes accented by natural wood. On my left, it's the kitchen, with a small woodstove that sits between the eat-in kitchen and the living area. On my right is three four stepped staircase that probably leads to bathroom and right across from me is the ground-floor bedroom.

"At my home in the suburb of Minnesota."

I laugh. "You do have some psychological problem, don't you? Living in the middle of nowhere? Kidnapping me?"

He rolls his eyes, and removes his jacket and throws it on the floor. "Make yourself at home." He walks away from me, into the kitchen.

"I'M TALKING TO YOU, AAYAN. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE AND WHY AM I NOT AT HOME? AND WHY THE HECK YOU BROUGHT ME HERE?" Whatever I'm about to yell dies in my throat, as he dashes at me with a lightning speed, and shuts me with his lips. I'm shocked and numb.

I push him away, wiping my lips with my hand.

"I said, I'll tell everything when I want to, and don't," He grabs my wrist. "Ever. Raise. Your. Voice. On. Me. Ever. Again." With every word, he presses me wrist.

"I hate you." I snatch my hand, the tears building up in my eyes. "What did I ever do to you?" My voice thick with venom and dripping with sadness.

He swallows hard. "The bathroom is up. There are some clothes hanging in there. Take a shower. I'll arrange something for dinner." And, without backward glance, he goes in to the kitchen.

It's a full bathroom, featuring a large window in the bathtub/shower area, giving a bathing experience as like showering in the forest. Also, the bathroom has a partial vaulted ceiling to make room for the extra-tall window. I draw the curtain shut, and lock the door.

Indeed, clothes are hanging at the hanger and a towel. How many girls does he bring home? I swipe my tears and get ready for a shower.

***********************

I leave my scarf in the bathroom. He doesn't have a hair-dryer, so my hair falls in straight, wet lock down my shoulders. The house smells of omelet and rice. I walk into the kitchen, avoiding his eyes. Afraid of how he will judge me without scarf.

"Hey, you....." He stops and my eyes meet his. He is staring at me, surprised and shocked. My heart somersaults in my chest, and I wish I could forget how I feel about him. Unstable he makes me, I turn away, and he breaks away the gaze.

"I'm gonna hit the shower. You can set the table and I'll be back."

When he walks out, I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I set two plates and spoon and glasses on the table, and then it hits me that we two are alone in the house, and having dinner like, like...normal, married, and happily in love couple.

Except, we aren't normal and in love with each other; we just are bearing each other. Life keeps tying us together, like an elastic band, you pull apart but it come right back together and then you stretch it long enough only to cause it to snap into two different parts. Maybe, we will break apart like that? Maybe, Aayan will kill me here, so that he doesn't have to answer his fandom about our marriage.

He fumbles back in to the kitchen and sits on the chair. Water dripping down his hair, the V-neck sticking to him, making me choke on my saliva. I whirl around to the stove and I dish out the food, and then we are eating quietly.

When I'm almost, I feel his gaze on me. I look up.

"You look good with hair down." He compliments.

My cheeks turn red, but my body reacts differently. Anger bursts in my veins, and I fold my arms on my chest.

"It doesn't work that way, Aayan. After everything you did in this three-four hours is unbearable."

He rolls his tongue in his mouth. "It had to be done, or else you would never come. Would you?"

No. I cast my eyes to the intricate designs and patterns of the tablecloth.

"See? I knew you would never come. First thing is first, call your parents and tell them you're with me."

"What?" I gasp. "You want me to give them heart attack?"

He rolls his eyes at me. (He does that a lot). "I'm not your boyfriend. It's halaal for us."

"Still, it isn't appropriate for a girl to say this that she is staying at a boy's place all of sudden."

"Hurry with it, please. They are already worried about you not returning home." He tosses me my mobile phone. "Call them. And, then we will talk." He ends the discussion, by standing up and saunters out.

I sigh. I swipe the mobile screen to find Mom's 10 missed calls and Dad's 15, and few text messages. I dial Dad's number and with shaking hands, I bring it to my ears.

"Maahirah?" My Superman picks up on the second ring. His voice strained almost like he is waiting for me to blast him off with bad news.

"Daddy?" I fight against the tears, trying to keep me voice straight, void of emotions.

******************

I'm on a roll right now. Right? Haha I updated. :P

I'm so sleepy and tired. *yawns*

The next chapter will also be exciting and this one was I don't know, you guys vote and comment and tell me. <3

YESTERDAY, WE WERE AT #65 ON SPIRITUAL, AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!1

I have quiz on 10th. Pray for me. I wrote this chapter in two hours, so I hope you do comment and show your support. And I still have to prepare for the quiz.

How was it? Lemme know. Lemme know. I left on a cliffhanger, What do you think Aayan has to offer?

The more you comment. The faster I'll be motivated to upload. Follow me on Instagram wardah_mk7

In my area, it is 1:20 AM.

So, Goodnight amigos.

Love you all.

COMMENT, VOTE. PROMOTE.

-Wardah

PS: Dedications are random because I love each one of you and your comments. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227 11 11
Azaria has transformed over the summer. She is no longer that shy and timid girl but is now confident in her identity. She is 18, and it is senior ye...
758K 28.6K 34
Book 1 of the Second Chances Series #43 in spiritual as of December 2017 #6 in muslimlovestory as of July 2018 All her life, Mariam Waseem had been t...
4.8K 393 33
Maheen and Hasan met when they were kids- young, naïve, and hopeful about the world. Just when their story begins, they're separated by tragedy and p...
132K 13.5K 61
CAN LOVE BE ONE SIDED???? DOES IT HURTS IF A PERSON SUFFERS A HEARTBREAK???? CAN LOVE BE TRUE ONLY IF ONE PERSON HOLDS ON IT OR SHOULD IT ALWAYS BE F...