The Shrink Program

By Shayni

Maddison Tramph makes terrible life choices and is shrunken as a result. To return to normal, she must refor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Part Two
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Part Three
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Part Four
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
PART FIVE
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Epilogue.
Bonus

Chapter 175

417 23 20
By Shayni

Alan said, a very. Bad. Word.

I was so impressed, I momentarily forgot to be terrified.

... Definitely saving that one for a rainy day.

Before Cassandra even had a chance to start monologuing, Alan's hands resumed their task on the keyboard, rapidly typing out commands as though every second counted.

Meanwhile, in the head of Maddison Tramph, I was kicking myself for being an idiot.

Nigel hadn't shown any signs of feeling pain since we had been reunited, so it was easy to assume that whatever Cassandra had done to him at the Dance party of Doom to make him mortal required control of her satellite. Yet, here he was, in obvious pain...

So, either Nigel has been inexplicitly cured, or...

I clenched my hands painfully tight, to keep them from shaking.

Cassandra has regained control over the system.

"You know better than to touch Mommy's toys, Alan." Cassandra teased over the speakers, making my skin crawl.

Couldn't just get a normal villain, nooooo. Had to go with the crazy one that makes everything creepy.

"Can't you make this thing go any faster?" I breathed, watching the screen flicker through the options faster than I could read.

"Yea, but why rush?" Alan muttered, so bitterly I would have easily mistaken him for Alex under different circumstances. "Let me savour the Matricide..."

Cassandra tsked impatiently.

"If you're not going to listen, then I'm afraid you're going to have to go into time out."

I turned.

I couldn't help myself.

Her voice hadn't come from the speaker; this time...no...it sounded like it was in the room...

I looked up in time to see a white hand clenched down on Alan's shoulder.

...just like her.

There was a brief moment, a pause where she seemed to revel in our horror.

Alan closed his eyes, resigned, and let out a sigh.

So close.

I was on my feet, backing away in the same instant Cassandra ripped the tall boy away from the controls.

Thrown with brutal strength, Alan flew across the room. He hit the floor, sliding with the force before agilely rolling to his feet.

Cassandra stood in his place.

Red-head, sexy scientist Cassandra. Back from the dead.

The tall woman spared a glance in my direction, looking over her shoulder with a triumphant grin. Her eyes said it all.

You lose.

Alex didn't hesitate, leaping onto his Mother's back and wrapping his small arms around her neck in a chokehold.

...Can't say it didn't at least slow her down.

She took a moment to laugh.

Cassandra grabbed onto the small child, yanking him over her shoulder and slamming him down onto the ground.

"It's not nice to play rough baby." She cooed, continuing to hold him down.

Alex grunted with pain, shoving at the tall woman as she pinned him.

It was his brother who answered.

"We stopped playing a long time ago, Mother."

Alan slammed a foot into Cassandra's chest, forcing her to stumble back and off Alex.

The little boy shot to his feet, a blur of motion as he threw himself after the recovering woman.

Ducking under a swiping arm, he latched onto the flailing limb and used his whole body to twist it to the breaking point.

His expression remained frozen, even as his mother screeched.

Alan turned to us, hands on hips as his family members fought.

"Vain, as my senior pawn, I grant you permission to use my computer this one time... but if I catch you screwing around on Facebook I'll..."

"Shut up and keep her busy." Vain quickly stepped forward to take over the controls, gently nudging me so that I faced the screen once more.

Just this one time, I won't bite his fingers off for pushing me around...

Vain was nowhere near as fast as Alan on the keyboard, but he listened and followed Peri's instructions attentively, tuning out the mayhem going on behind us...

Which was already one step up from my own work ethic. It was becoming increasingly more surreal, ignoring the epic battle to do something disturbingly close to homework.

Nobody wants to watch the tech support save the day, that's why there's always a life or death battle going on in the background...

Alex cried out in pain, following an audible Snap of bone. I nearly bit through my lip in frustration.

...a little peek couldn't hurt?

"Pay attention."

I flinched guiltily.

Vain knew me far too well.

"You pay attention." I retorted, crossing my arms petulantly.

"I'm not the one getting distracted."

"What do you call this then?"

"You being a Brat."

I sucked in a sharp breath through my teeth.

Well, If I wasn't distracted, I sure as Hell am now...

"Please, both of you..." Nigel whimpered, the golden-haired teen finally making his way to our side.

At least on this one thing, we could agree.

"Shut up Nigel."

Nigel shut up.

If we win, someone needs to erect a statue of that very act, because Nigel's sacrifice probably just saved the planet.

Really, if there was ever going to be a moment to tell Nigel how much I really appreciate him, now would be that moment... I mean, I could wait until we're officially dead... but that would mean visiting him in animal heaven...

Screw it. Open the flood gates and let the love flow forth.

"Nigel, I reserve the right to retract this statement if at any point it looks like we might not die horribly... but you were probably the best pet I ever had."

God. I hate being mushy.

"Maddison..." Overwhelmed with all the affection, Nigel brushed his fingertips against my back in place of the words he couldn't form.

"Don't let it get to your head. Your only competition was Mr Twinkle."

Nigel choked on what sounded suspiciously like a sob.

Cry, Baby.

Vain remained silent throughout the entire exchange. Probably too busy doing important stuff like saving the world to waste time on sentimentality.

"...You're just lucky that petty and insecure is my type." I muttered, not really putting a lot of thought into it.

Until his hands missed a beat... and I realised that almost sounded like me admitting that I actually like...

"Well, this is adorable."

Cassandra's voice was followed by Nigel's startled cry.

"Buuuut, I think I'll put a stop to it now."

A weight hit my back, slamming me face down into the metal below.

That's it. I officially hate my life.

Winded, I looked up to find a well-manicured hand crushing me...Nigel gone...And Cassandra wrapped around Vain in a way that hurt my delicate sensibilities.

I hissed in outrage, struggling with all my might to get out from under her hand and rip her head off.

"If you touch him, you creepy...GET YOUR HAND OUT FROM UNDER THERE!" I screeched, well and truly out of my mind with rage when I saw her hand reach into his pants and...

Pull out the gun.

Oh. She was just disarming him. Phew...

"So close." She giggled, reaching out, gun still in hand, to run her finger along the keyboard. "just a few commands to go..."Her nail tapped teasingly with every word. "Oh well."

"Yea, well...you're gonna wish we had succeeded when I'm done with you." I fumed, too angry to really care If my mouthing off really had any effect. "Your death just became substantially slower and more painful Lady!"

A terrible fate really. To be beaten to death by someone a fraction of your size...

Voice made flat by the overactivity of nanotechnology in his system, Alex struggled to protest. "Stop..."

"Just be quiet and behave like a good boy Alex." Cassandra dismissed her child with a flippant wave of the gun. "And maybe mommy will put your leg back together again. Wouldn't that be nice?"

Delightful.

"Now, Vain. Vain, Vain ,Vain. You're a clever boy, aren't you?" She sighed, ignoring my squirming to press her face closer to the shorter boys ear. " So I can't understand why you keep up the pretence of trying to defeat me! When we both know, your only option here is to...lets put it like this..."

Her voice dropped to a teasing whisper.

"Salvage what you can from the wreckage."

Vain's expression remained stony as Cassandra snuggled her face into his shoulder.

"I'm willing to negotiate." He announced calmly, keeping his gazed focused away from me.

"Don't you dare..." I started to protest, only to have the air crushed out of me.

Where are Alan and Alex? Heck, I'd settle for a measly Nigel at this point...

"This is the only offer boy. Take it..." Cassandra cocked the gun sharply to the side, pointing at someone I couldn't see. "Or I cut my losses."

Vain nodded as much as he could with a pervert rubbing at his neck.

"I'm listening."

"Don't worry," Cassandra smirked. "It's not so different from my last proposition."

You've done this before...?!

"I keep what is mine. You become my apprentice. I'll let her..." Cassandra pressed down especially hard, causing me to gasp. "...live. I'll even throw in the Joker, pro bono...you know why?"

Her pretty face twisted into a sneer.

"Because of this little stunt, I have to do damage control, which means making sure neither of them have any memory of this place."

The hand wrapped around me, lifting me up and raising me to eye level.

"Maddison Tramph and Nigel Fleming are going to experience some negative side effect of the nanotechnology. Severe memory loss that can only be attributed to their participation in the Shrink Program."

Oh. I see how it is. Killing us just wasn't good enough.

Vain met my gaze.

She just had to go and get creative.

"I going to wipe her mind clean, reset her back to the very first moment she stepped foot inside the Hill for the first time." Her smile grew.

"Two years ago."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

882 32 11
yes i changed the name again! There is just a ln Arlene sketch on tye cover because my lazy ahh can't get the cover done 😀 Arlene Anderson's life is...
397 4 15
this is a story about a girl and her life was horrible her mutant big brothers treated her badly, and they kicked her out of the lair, after that she...
6.7K 487 40
This book has undergone massive editing and rewriting and is now an officially published book. The copy on Wattpad will stay as a full, unedited, fi...
36.5K 872 26
A troubled teenager gets kicked out of her high school and is forced to enroll in a boarding school for giants. As a tiny human, she struggles to nav...