The Darkness Inside

By TheMostInsane

Jack has been fighting it for months, but one can only go so far. Antisepticeye finally comes out, and who wi... More

The Darkness Inside
The Darkness Inside: Miss Me?
The Darkness Inside: Welcome Back
The Darkness Inside: He's Back
The Darkness Inside: Be Gone
The Darkness Inside: Let It Out
The Darkness Inside: Inside Out
The Darkness Inside: Hello Again
The Darkness Inside: True Intentions
The Darkness Inside: What To Do
The Darkness Inside: Get Rid Of Them
The Darkness Inside: They're Back
The Darkness Inside: Two Days
The Darkness Inside: Together
The Darkness Inside: Brainstorming
The Darkness Inside: Two More Days
The Darkness Inside: Beginning Day One
The Darkness Inside: Reality
The Darkness Inside: Madness
The Darkness Inside: Dark Love
The Darkness Inside: Creep
The Darkness Inside: Out Of Ideas
The Darkness Inside: Times Up
The Darkness Inside: Freedom
The Darkness Inside: Blackness
The Darkness Inside: Gone
The Darkness Inside: Mind Games
The Darkness Inside: Happy End
The Darkness Inside: Bad End
The Darkness Inside: Sad End
Sequel Teaser
Sequel!

The Darkness Inside: Control

3.1K 82 60
By TheMostInsane

((Hey guys sorry its been awhile I was away all weekend and had no access to my computer so please don't be too upset with me. I'm trying my best i swear! :) anyway thank you all for following along with this story, this is my first story about Dark and Anti and i'm so happy you are all enjoying it! ))

The next morning Mark's eyes open slowly to sunlight shining through the curtains, he rolls over with a groan to his side and blinks rapidly a couple times to clear his fuzzy vision. As his vision clears he sees Jack, lying next to him on the bed, his breaths short and steady. As Mark mind become more alert he realizes Jack was not only on the bed... he was shirtless.

"What the hell...?"

Mark mumbles under his breath his cheeks heating slightly. He sits up running a hand through his tousled hair and as the blanket slides off him he feels a slight draft, when he looks down he was also shirtless. His cheeks redden more and he quickly stumbles out of bed, bumping into the bedside table as he does. His eyes scan the room before landing on both their shirts in a small pile by the bed, he looks over to Jack once again, and thankfully their shirts were the only item of clothing missing.

Mark's eyes scan over the sleeping man's form, his somewhat muscled torso exposed and the blanket loosely off of him, his bandaged hand had bled through a bit, the bandages would have to be changed soon.

"What the hell happened...?"

Mark mumbles to himself scratching his head. He slowly walks over to the pile of shirts and grabs his, as he begins to slip it over his head he flinches and pulls it off again. As he reaches to feel his sore back he feels tender marks. Clearly scratch marks, they were in lines down his back, some near his shoulder and some more near the small of his back, they felt as though they were bleeding though it had stopped if they were. He feels them a bit more, wincing occasionally at the soreness before he looks over to the sleeping Jack once more his eyes narrowed curiously.

"Did he do this? What happened last night?!"

Mark mumbles to himself turning away to go the bathroom once again before he is stopped by a voice behind him.

"We had some fun Marky...."

The voice says behind him, its dark Irish accent clearly recognizable as Anti. Mark whirls around his eyes immediately landing on the green haired man, however he still laid down, his breathing steady and eyes closed. Mark scratches the back of his head once again narrowing his eyes in confusion. He knew he heard Anti however Jack still slept peacefully.

Mark shakes his head clearing his thoughts before finally walking into the bathroom, the one without the broken mirror, and he turns in the mirror examining the clawed marks in his back. Soon a form stands in the doorway, standing slouched and face sleepy Jack examines Mark, his tired mind not immediately processing they were both without a shirt. Jack yawns and stretches as his mind clears before his eyes land on the scratch marks down Mark's back.

Jack's eyes widen slightly as he rushes over, immediately becoming more alert. His hands gently trace the marks and his cheeks heat slightly as he realized they both were missing an article of clothing, however that wasn't his main concern.

"Mark what the hell happened?!"

Jack asks worriedly as he examines them, Mark's cheeks heat up as he pulls away slightly from the green haired man. He clears his throat trying to find a way to phrase what had happened.

"Well.... Uh...."

Mark says quietly as Jack looks at him. Jack's eyes shift slightly landing at himself in the mirror that held both their reflections. His eyes scan over his tired face before landing on a mark on his neck. It was a small red circle sitting right on the left side of his neck. His cheeks redden instantly as he realizes what is was... a hickey...

"D-Did they...."

Jack stutters out his mind instantly going to the worst case scenario. Mark quickly shakes his head his cheeks reddening as he thinks about what Jack thought.

"N-No... they didn't go that far."

Mark says quietly, his voice quick and slightly stressed. Jack lets out a relieved sigh, happy that Dark and Anti hadn't done anything too serious.

Aw but Jack, I bet you would like it, you and Mark....

Anti begins in Jack's head before Jack's cheeks heat and he shakes his head, pushing Anti away before he could continue.

Mark rubs the back of his head quietly his gaze occasionally going to the green haired man's bare torso. Jack follows his gaze after a minute and his eyes widen, and if he could have blushed more he surely would have. He quickly without a word walks out of the bathroom searching for his shirt before grabbing it off the ground and slipping it over his head, his hand travels up to the mark on his neck one more time before he shakes his head and pushes any lingering thoughts away.

Mark still stands in the bathroom, the sore scratch marks on his back making it difficult to wear a shirt, so he doesn't for now. Mark walks out after a minute, his face back to its natural color, and his calm demeanor returned once again, though Jack swears he can see a lingering redness to his cheeks.

Mark holds in his hand a new roll or white bandages and a wet cloth as he gestures for Jack to sit on the bed.

"We should change your bandages"

He says quietly. Jack looks down at his hand having forgotten about the ordeal from yesterday and about the pain in his hand. He nods and holds his hand out as Mark takes it, slowly and gently unwrapping the bloody bandages and placing them to the side. The cuts had healed slightly but a couple of them would definitely leave a sizable scar. Mark wipes the excess blood off with the wet cloth as Jack watches him closely, his shy eyes traveling over his shirtless form a few times. Within a minute Mark had finished wrapping the wounded hand in bandages, and he stands up. In a second Mark stretches, making Jack's cheeks heat as he watches the muscled man move, his muscles tensing with the stretch.

Jack quickly pulls his gaze away as he realizes Mark had seen him and clears his throat standing up.

"Thanks...."

He mumbles quietly, looking down at his hand, opening and closing it and ignoring the sting of pain with each movement. Mark watches him saying nothing his face nearly unreadable.

"Mark...."

Jack says after a minute finally breaking the tense silence. Mark looks at the green haired man, his blue eyes shining with an unknown emotion.

"I wasn't going to say anything but I... I heard them talking last night...."

Jack says quietly his eyes travelling up to meet Mark's brown ones. Mark's eyes widen slightly and he sits on the bed gently pulling Jack down as well.

"What do you mean? How?"

Mark asks quietly his eyes narrowing curiously.

"I... Anti thought I was asleep last night when he took over, I heard them talking for a little bit before... I don't know I just felt weak and passed out...."

Jack finishes quietly his head going down slightly as Mark patiently waited for him to continue. Jack hesitates slightly as though his body wouldn't let him talk before he opens his mouth once again.

"They are unsure Mark... Dark said there's a possibility whatever they are planning won't work... they might not be able to get rid of us Mark."

Jack finishes his head lifting slightly to meet Mark's eyes which widened with surprise.

"That means...."

Mark starts before stopping deep in thought. If they were unsure then that meant Mark and Jack still had a chance, however it also meant, they may not be able to get rid of their darker selves.

Jack nods quietly knowing exactly what Mark meant, this changed everything, for the better or worse however was yet to be seen.

Mark stands up running a hand through his red hair, his thoughts racing as Jack watches him, his face unreadable.

"We still have a chance"

Mark mumbles under his breath, his voice almost having a giddy undertone to it. Jack nods slightly obviously less happy about the news, though it was good, it could also be very bad. Jack sighs quietly his throat suddenly feeling dry as he thinks about having to live with Anti for the rest of his life, what if they couldn't get rid of them? What if they couldn't win either way? As these thoughts race through Jack's head he quickly stands and shakes his head.

"I.. I need some water."

He mumbles under his breath walking past Mark. Mark watches him and stays in the room as he hears the faucet turning on and filling up a glass. When the faucet turns off Mark expects Jack to come back but he doesn't, in fact he doesn't for another almost five minutes. Mark soon stands up and walks out to see if his friend was alright.

When he reaches the kitchen his eyes widen. In the middle of the kitchen stood Jack, and he could tell it was Jack by his blue eyes filled with fear. But Jack held a kitchen knife, the blade shining in the light of the kitchen. The blade was held against his own throat pressing hard enough a small drop of blood was visible. Jack's face was terrified but his hand holding the knife didn't shake like it would normally.

"Jack what the hell are you doing!?"

Mark asks frantically beginning to walk forward. He soon stops walking as he draws near and Jack holds the knife tighter to his own throat. Jack's eyes were wide, frantic, scared, his lip quivering as though tears were about to flow.

"M-Mark... I-I'm not..."

Jack begins his voice shaking horribly and making it hard to talk. Mark's eyes widen slightly as he finally notices his one eye seeming to flash from the natural blue to a sick green.

"Anti?"

Mark asks quietly taking one more small step forward and stopping again.

"No Mark... It's me but.... I can't control myself...."

Jack quietly says in his trembling voice his eyes showing a struggle as he tries to pull the knife away from his skin to no avail. Mark stands still unaware of what to do, and how to stop Anti from doing anything crazy.

In a second Mark's hand reaches out backhanding Jack across the face and making him drop the knife. Mark's eyes widen as do Jack's. Jack stumbles nearly falling to the ground from the force as he lifts a hand to his cheek, a red mark left on it from the blow, his eyes brimmed with tears as his cheek stung.

"J-Jack... Jack I didn't do that..."

Mark says after a moment's silence, he had not had control of his body, Dark had. Jack stands straight again, his posture slightly slouched and his hand covering his reddened cheek as Mark looks at him worriedly. Mark takes a step toward the green haired man who backs away almost instantly.

Though Jack wanted to believe that it wasn't Mark who had really hit him, that's all his mind could think of. Yes it made him drop the knife, but it was so uncalled for, so rough.

As these thoughts race through Jack's head he can hear Anti purring in his head, seeming as though the slap had thrilled him, made him happy even.

"Jack..."

Mark says quietly as the man had been staying silent, simply listening to Anti in his head, the darker version begging to be hit again. It was really hard to believe that this was another part of Jack, but apparently it was.

In a second Jack pushes past a worried Mark and runs into the bedroom slamming the door, leaving Mark standing in the kitchen watching him, with hurt in his eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1K 14
Dreams of a normal life? Please. Normality flung itself out the damn window the day you caught their eye. And when they saw something they wanted? TĚ›...
4.5K 137 11
**NO SMUT!!** Anti has been depressed lately. He hasn't eaten in months.. but one night he finally takes over Jacks body again, and it turns into a w...
1.8K 49 11
A collection of stories about Markiplier and Jacksepticeye egos set in a University environment. Each section will focus around two egos that suit ea...
2.8K 71 15
He's fighting himself, not knowing who or what "he" is. He's panicked, worried, afraid. Its voice shakes him, its image shatters him... Its words fri...