Loki (book 1)

By the_a_initiative

COMPLETED (book #1) Tessa Stark works at S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters with her uncle Tony Stark. One day, the Av... More

before reading...
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
epilogue.
author's note

thirteen.

8.8K 324 105
By the_a_initiative

TWO KNOCKS ON MY DOOR surprised me, making me jump off of my couch.

You see, last night after I ranted, I would say yelled though, to Loki about 'making people's electricity go out and laugh about it is completely unnecessary', He just laughed at my reaction and said, "Oh it was just a bit of fun, really."

After that, I made him sleep on the couch instead of the guest room. But, Loki being the sassy smart-*ss he is decided to get up in the middle of the night, bang his hand on my door before running silently into the guest bedroom, leaving behind a pile of pillows on the floor outside so I would fall on my face the next morning.

And that's exactly what I did.

"Tessa? You in there?" I heard someone call.

"Oh, no." I whispered as I ran up to the peep-hole to see who it was.

It was my Uncle Brad. Thank God it wasn't Tony or else I would be in huge trouble.

Loki and I would've had to jump through the window before he came in.

Well, just me. I'd leave Loki here.

I still haven't forgiven him for the pillow and electricity incident.

I'm just happy that he hasn't done things like play with my knives or guns or whahtever i have that could kil me.

At least, from what i've see, he hasn't .

Opening the door I stepped in front of it to be greeted with a hug. Wrapping my arms reluctantly around him, I heard some footsteps near.

"Tessa! You're becoming so tall!" My Aunt Barbara exclaimed, messing my hair up on the top of my head like she did when I was a little girl.

Ugh.

They're not really my 'aunt and uncle', they're my cousins . . . that are a lot older than me. They're my mom's cousins, therefore making them my second cousins.

Or maybe not.

I don't get the first cousin, second cousin, three times removed or whatever-that-is thing.

Never have, and never will.

"Hi," I said nervously, running a hand through my hair as the other one fell on my hip.

"Azeli?" I heard Loki call.

"One sec," I told them, holding up a finger as I backed away quickly.

My Uncle Brad murmured to himself, "Azeli?" As I quickly fled the room.

Pushing Loki against the wall as he was about to turn a corner and covering his mouth with my hand, I heard my cousins sit down on the couch.

He wa still towering over me, and that made me feel really small.

"Don't call me Azeli, call me Tessa. Don't use any sign of formally speaking and change clothes." I whispered to him and watched him morph into different clothes.

"You have my word." He mumbled through my hand.

Looking over at my cousins, who had turned on the TV, I whispered to him, "Good," twice while patting what I thought was his hair.

Turned out to be the front of his face.

"Tessa, how have you been?" My aunt asked happily with a smile planted on her face.

It changed into a frown when Loki followed me into the kitchen.

"Who is this?" My uncle asked.

"Um... he's- he's my... my boyfriend?" I stuttered, but it sounded like a question.

My eyes widened as I realized what I said, and quickly recovered. Looking up at Loki I saw that he looked not even the slightest disturbed of to what I had just said.

Thank the gods.

They had surprised looks on their faces, but shook their heads and smiled.

"I'm so happy for you!" Barbara exclaimed, smiling crazily.

Brad just gave Loki a glare.

Loki didn't even give Brad a glance, for he was too busy looking through my refrigerator.

He's become quite interested in how it works and the contents it has inside, though i cant blame him.

Earth food is good.

Probably better than Asgarrd.

"What's your name?" Barbara asked Loki once he retrieved from his search in the fridge.

"Loki," He replied casually.

"That's a . . . unique name." Barbara smiled.

I mentally face-palmed.

"Can you give us a minute?" I asked as they nodded.

I grabbed Loki's wrist before dragging him down the hall as he bit into an apple.

Once I closed the door I slapped him upside the head.

"Ow," He said sarcastically reaching up to rub the side of his head.

"Are you crazy?!" I whisper-yelled.

He shrugged. "That's what most people think."

I rolled my eyes.

"You didn't mention that I couldn't say my real name." He accused.

"Yes, but I'd think that you'd be smart enough to put the pieces together. They're related to Tony, so they might go and try to visit him next."

"Isn't he on the boat?" He asked me.

I threw my hands up.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. could contact him and Tony could talk to them over a phone, or a laptop, or whatever."

"I have no clue of to what those human things are." He gave me a dull look.

"It's- you know what? I'm not even gonna try." I mumbled before continuing. "You need to think before you say."

"Don't be a hypocrite." He mused.

"Shut. Up." I seethed.

He leaned forward, smiling. "Fine,"

I looked into his eyes as I saw glints of mischief in them.

Oh no, I thought to myself.

"Then you never saw me," He whispered, disappearing into thin air.

Oh dear God help me.

* * *

"Where did your 'boyfriend' go?" My uncle asked.

"He had to leave." Was my reply.

"Out the window...?" My aunt asked slowly, pointing towards the guest bedroom.

"Yeah, he didn't want to disturb us so he just... kind of jumped out the window." I explained slowly, intertwining my fingers together nervously.

"We're pretty high off of the ground." My aunt told me, raising an eyebrow.

"He used the emergency stairs or whatever they're called."

"You're apartment doesn't ha-"

"Do you guys want anything to eat?" I asked them, ignoring the subject.

Barbara shook her head as Brad nodded.

"Just an apple." Was his reply.

Loki has been eating so many apples lately, that i don't know if i have any more.

I walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge, to be faced with an empty packed of what used to be full of apples.

I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply throuugh my nose.

Wait!

If i have powers, maybe i can conjure up an apple? That'd be so cool.

I kept my eyes closed and though of me holding an apple.

Sure enough, a few seconds later, something light was placed into my hands. I opened my eyes and saw the apple, and i smield brightly.

These powers might not be that bad after all.

"It's flying! Oh my god Brad help me, it's flying!" I heard Barbara yell.

Loki, I thought to myself gripping the apple and running into the living room.

Seeing that Barbara's magazine was floating in mid air, I threw the apple at mid air, but really where Loki would be standing.

Hearing a small, "Ow," I grinned in success.

"What . . . what was that?!" Barbara exclaimed, covering her hand over her heart.

Brad rolled his eyes.

"Barbara, Tessa lived with Tony when she was growing up, so at least expect her to cause a little mischief. It's just a prank, no need to worry." Brad comforted her.

Deciding to go along with his words, I nodded.

"I didn't mean to scare you that much, I just thought that it'd be funny." I shrugged.

"That's still no excuse." Brad stated.

Barbara opened her mouth as she pointed her finger to something behind me as her lips started quivering in fright.

"What's the matter?" I asked Barbara, nearing her to comfort her.

"Oh . . . it's nothing, nothing that you should worry about."

"Goodbye, Tessa." Brad said, smiling devilishly, before him and Barbara disappeared before my eyes.

I heard my doorknob being rattled tremendously before it snapped open.

In came a criminal-looking man as he frantically turned his head, probably looking for any witnesses.

Cowering back in fear, I thought of becoming invisible while closing my eyes.

Opening them to see that he didn't find me, he ran into my room.

Hearing a grunt and then silence, I reluctantly walked into my room to see Loki being held with a knife to his throat.

The man's face kept changing faces, but finally stayed at one after a few seconds.

He was wearing a black cloak while a... thing covered his face.

His eyes didn't show, but his mouth did which contained bloody teeth.

I stood frozen while watching the man look at me. His eyes traveled around my face until it stopped at my hands.

Following his stare I looked down at my hands to see they were sparking.

Loki stood there, letting the man keep a knife to his throat.

I knew that Loki could've, probably, easily escaped the man's grip, but he didn't. He stood as if he didn't know what to do.

Can this man stun someone? Take away their powers for a short amount of time, so he has an advantage? Because he doesn't look as if heh could put up a good fight.

The man growled as fire lit my hands, but I instantly diminished it as I clenched them tightly.

"Azeli." He muttered darkly, chuckling after.

"You don't know just what you're quite capable of just yet."

"What?" I asked, stepping back a few steps.

"I know what you're mother can do, but . . . do you?" He asked me, slowly and darkly.

"I don't even know who my mother is." I answered truthfully.

"Oh," He said sarcastically, glancing at Loki.

Scoffing a bit before letting him go, Loki walked over to me, with his face looking petrified.

Looking up at him before the man again, I realized that he was gone.

"What was that?!" I exclaimed to Loki.

"They want revenge," He whispered to himself.

"They want revenge," He said a bit louder.

"Who wants revenge?" I asked him softly, stepping in front of him.

"They're after me. He'll find me, he'll never loose track of me. I have to hide. I have to find somewhere that he cannot find me." He whispered to himself quickly. He never even took a breath.

"Who is 'he'?" I asked him frantically.

As he grabbed my shoulders and looked me in the eyes, dangerously close to my face, he whispered.

"Thanos,"

"Who's that?" I asked., playing dumb, but i gulped, so it must've been obvious.

I did.

I knew Thanos now.

I remember wher ei heard the name before.

Thanos was the man that was controlling Loki and manipulating him into harming New York.

"I shall never speak of him." He told me, still close to my face.

"Was he the one who controlled you during the Manhattan incident?" I asked him.

Loki's face paled as he nodded slightly.

"But why does he want revenge?"

He hesitated for a second before sighing slightly.

"If the Chitauri came and gained me the world, then Thanos and The Other gained the Tesseract, thus gaining unlimited power to control the universe. In return I had a world to rule over. But my plan was unsuccessful and they want revenge for my failure."

I looked him in the eyes for a moment before words came out of my mouth.

"And you're trying to hide?"

"I was originally supposed to be on Asgard at the moment, but I pleaded to see the world, as I've told you before. So, yes, I am currently, and was, trying to hide from revenge." He explained.

It was all a plan?

"Why did you choose to come to me, though? For my power?" I asked him.

He let go of me, standing to his full height.

Smiling, he said, "My reason is none of your concern."

"Uh, yeah, it kinda does. It involves me."

"Doesn't mean it's your concern."

"Well I'm concerned about it." I told him.

"Once you understand more about me, then we'll talk."

"Who ever said I wanted to know more about you?" I asked.

"So that you know my ways. And what I do." He explained, shrugging his shoulders.

"I know you're mischevious." I added.

"But that's not all there is to me."

"I know."

But I was curious to know more.

* * * * *

I really didn't like this chapter...

Anyways, early Merry Christmas! I'm not really excited, but oh well. :D I'll see other people happy.

Question: Do you guys think I'm going to quick? Do you guys like it or think I should do some background knowledge? I don't know, please leave your opinion.

WRITTEN: 12-22-13, 12-23-13

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.2K 30
She died, but now she's back. Her soulmate? The reason she died. Loki practically killed (y/n), but she's returned from the dead. Her past self was a...
80.7K 2.7K 34
Y/N lived a relatively normal and seemingly near perfect life. Since she was 10, she worked alongside her father at his cafe, 'Esta Cafe.' Now she w...
376 37 25
In a world where superheroes and villains collide, Elizabeth Stark, the daughter of the renowned Tony Stark, finds herself thrust into an unexpected...
30K 1K 49
Annabelle gets tangled up with the wrong crowd in an attempt to get off the streets and finally find a home. She is rescued by the Avengers and becom...