Staying Grounded [Warning: Ca...

By thewhitecrayon

Being a global sensation can be a difficult job to maintain. Just ask the famous boy group, One Direction! St... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter One

2.5K 25 24
By thewhitecrayon

☮Chapter One☮

Hot lights beamed down onto the stage, making the brightness unbearable for me. I hate concerts like this. The whole stadium was stuffy and humid, no room to even move outwards. Thousands of fans were screaming like mad, burning my ears off. I wanted to roll up into a ball and die right there, just to escape the madness. My friend had facepaint on her cheeks, massive big red hearts that were already starting to melt off. She was loving it, dancing around laughing happily, grooving to the background music playing at the moment. Just a few minutes ago we were told the band would be coming on any-time now.

I cupped my hands over my mouth.

"SARAH. SARAH!"

She looked over at me, grinning stupidly.

"WHAT BAND IS THIS AGAIN?"

She rolled her eyes, shouting back.

"ONE DIRECTION."

I nodded, staring up at the stage again. This One Direction lot were taking their time. I was already tired and hot. The show hasn't even started yet! I scan the whole room. We were almost at the front, but decided to go a few rows back so we could at least see the whole stage. It was overwhelming the amount of girls that were there. A few grumpy looking boyfriends were seen, but apart from that, all were female.

Sarah had bought us the tickets as a surprise for my birthday. The sad thing is, I've never heard of them as I didn't watch 'The X Idol' or whatever show they were on. I'd rather be on the internet or playing Pokémon. I don't get out much. But she thought her idea was brilliant, probably because they are her favourite band, even though they are fairly new.

I get out my ipod, putting the headphones in my ears and turning up the volume full blast. Paramore drowned out the noise quite nicely, making everyone looking like they're grooving out to Misery Business. Brilliant.

All of a sudden, there was a huge cheer and the lights exploded. Well, not literally exploded but they went really bright then shut off again. Sarah ripped out my headphones, frowning at me.

"JO! THEY'RE COMING ON NOW!"

I could feel the bruise forming as she repeatedly hit my arm in over-excitement.

"Oh right yeah." I mumbled, pocketing my ipod again, focusing on what was in front of me.

"HELLO WEMBLEY!" Someone shouted.

A cheesy tune started as 5 boys were suddenly on stage, the crowd going crazy. I don't know how they got there, as I didn't see them walk out, but I just went with it. One of the guys stepped forward to sing the first verse. He had slightly tousled brown hair and brown eyes. Quite dishy if you ask me but don't let Sarah know. His eyes scanned the audience, almost nervously. I swear they caught mine for a moment, so I gave him a casual 'What's up' nod. I can't be bothered with the screaming and dancing around when I've only heard them sing a little.

Next to sing was a younger looking lad. He had brown curly hair which bounced happily in time to the music. He seemed to get the most cheers, probably the favourite.

Sarah was almost having a panic attack waving her arms in the air manically. It was embarrassing, but no one noticed as everyone was doing the same thing! A third boy came to the front to hold hands with a few of the girls. He was wearing bright red jeans and a stripy shirt, reminded me of a deck chair we have when we take to the beach. Sarah lunged forward, urging to touch the skin of him. I saw him grab her hand, squeeze it gently, before reluctantly letting go and falling back to join the others for another round of the chorus. I had to catch her, fighting off the jealous stares she was getting from people who weren't as lucky.

I dragged her back to where we were standing, patting her cheek a bit to wake her up from her dream. I was scared she'd lost her memory, as she was looking at me in a dazed way, her eyes glazed over.

"HOW OLD ARE YOU?" I shouted at her.

"SEVENTEEN YOU MORON. SAME AS YOU."

Oh, I'm glad she hadn't lost that many brain cells within contact of them then. She got up by herself and just started dancing again, just as they'd finished.

I sighed and looked at my watch. It was only 10 minutes after it was supposed to have started, meaning we had to stand around for more of this. It really wasn't my present, more Sarah's. Luckily it wasn't a college night, it being the start of summer and all. But I still wished I was tucked up in bed right now. I could tell I had a bored expression on my face as Sarah kept frowning at me, and raising her eyebrows as if to say "Lighten up!".

So I did it for her. I plastered a grin on my and did my biggest girly squeal, grabbing holding of Sarah and dancing around. I caught the blonde one staring at me, an amused smirk on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him, making him chuckle as he did his well rehearsed dance moves. Well what can I say, I obviously can get a boy band's attention, even one not known to me. I continue to dance like madman for a bit before giving up the act. By then they were well into their fourth song. There must only be a couple more until I can go to my bed and rest.

But now they've decided for a little sit down an answering some of our questions. I sighed again. Sarah's eyes were almost bugging out of her head and she tried to put her hand up as far as she could. I told her that if she slightly waved without being too desperate, they'd pick her.

Funnily enough, they did. All eyes turned to her. She looked nervous.

"Urm." She cleared her throat. "What do all of you look for in a girl?"

Everyone turned back to the boys to hear their answer.

The dishy one spoke first, putting his hand on his heart. "I like girls with a sense of humour, someone I can have a good conversation with. But actually, I'm the only one with a girlfriend at the moment so I'm not really looking for anyone."

The whole stadium went quiet, as every girl in the room let out a breath of disapproval, even the ones with boyfriends. At this point I had to laugh. It echoed throughout the whole stadium as everyone was still quiet, causing the boys to look in our direction again. I clamped my lips together, ducking behind Sarah.

Then the deckchair piped up, to break the tension. He had quite a high voice, piercing through the silence.

"I like girls who like carrots." Was his only comment. Ah. I'm guessing he's the joker. There was a murmur of approval. Sarah looked like she was going to wee with happiness or something.

"I love carrots." She told me.

"Sarah, I'm sure he just said it for a laugh, you stupid human being."

This didn't seem to bash her though, as she just stood staring at Deckchair the whole time whilst the others answered questions. Sometimes I wonder whether she's seventeen or seven.

They wrapped up the performance with one last song, where everyone got so hyped up my head started to spin. Balloons and bubbles fell from everywhere, lights shining out of every object. I jumped around for a bit to not seem like a killjoy, and I took a cheesy photo with Sarah with the band in the background, which looked pretty cool, I had to admit.

They left the stage, much to everyone's dismay. The stadium was quickly emptied, only a couple of us left. The silence apart from a few people chatting was eerie, but relieving. Sarah turned to me, just as I was about to open my mouth and suggest taking the bus home.

"Shall we wait round the front or the back?" Her eyes rested on me expectantly, obviously not suggesting any other option.

"What?"

"Well at the end of the show, if we get to meet them, they hand out bracelets to one of their meet and greets the next day wherever their how was. Apparently."

"Apparently?" I ask, my voice wavering. "But if you don't know for sure how about we just go home?"

"No! I read about it on twitter and it's probably true."

She didn't seem that certain, but grabbed my arm, jerking me towards the exit. We walked round to the back of the stadium, seeing a few girls with the boys' faces on their shirts. They must've gotten the same idea as us, waiting patiently by the bus. Luckily, the tour bus was still parked there, so they were definitely still in the building. I scuffed my shoes along the floor in impatience. I'm not even that bothered about seeing them again, listening to them in concert was frankly enough.

After about 10 minutes of standing around in the cold, I was soon fed up of waiting, yearning to return home. I looked over the bunch of girls stood around, shivering in their tiny shorts and vest tops. I had to admit it was hotter earlier, but now it was freezing, even in my hoodie and jeans.

I was just about to turn around and head back, no matter what Sarah complained about, not caring any more when a door opened, light filtering out. Most of the girls were going crazy as deckchair, dishy, blondie and the rest walked out, greeting everyone. They took photos with every single one of them, before walking over to Sarah and I.

"Hello, I'm Liam." The dishy one said, smiling at me, holding his hand out to me.

I took it graciously, not feeling really that excited or nervous since I had only really heard of them today.

"I'm Jo." I felt a small blush rise in my cheeks, but I tried not to think about it, since it would just be embarrassing.

"Hey Jo. Did you enjoy the show?" He was still holding my hand, which I pointedly looked at. I chuckled when he realised and released it.

"Sorry."

"It's fine, and yeah, I guess it was alright." I shrug.

"Not a big fan then?"

"Well, to be honest with you..." I rack my brain for the name he just told me. "Liam, My friend Sarah over there thought it'd be a good idea to buy these tickets for my birthday. I think you're more her scene than mine, but the atmosphere was pretty awesome."

He looked at me hard, trying to process what I just said.

"Don't worry, we'll grow on you." He winks at me, passing me a wristband. "This is for a meet and greet we're doing tomorrow, we'll be able to have a better chat then. You should come, it'll be good."

"I'll think about it." I say breezily, causing him to smile again.

"Do you want a picture or anything?" He seemed a bit awkward asking this, as maybe he'd hoped it'd be the other way around.

I shrug again. "I don't mind, it's up to you."

"Well Jo, I think we should."

I nod, taking my camera out of my pocket. Switching it on, I hum one of their songs whilst it boots up. Liam chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"See? You're already remembering our songs. We're growing on you. Didn't take long."

I roll my eyes. "We'll see."

I point the camera at us and smile, the flash slightly blinding me for a couple of seconds. We review the photo, it looks pretty good so I give him a smile of approval.

"Thank you, Liam. But as much as I have enjoyed talking to you, I'll have to collect my friend and go home."

I'm not really into hugging strangers and all that nonsense, so I just smile at him and turn around, searching for Sarah. She's with stripy shirt, giggling like a hyena. She was clutching a wristband aswell, so since we'd got what we wanted, iI pulled her arm a little bit.

"Have you had photos taken, Sar?" I ask smoothly, trying to guide her in the direction of our street.

"Yeah I have." She grins at me before waving at the guy. "Bye everyone! See you tomorrow!" She shouts at the small group of girls we haven't even been talking too, but they shout back a happy reply.

"So..." She starts, merrily walking down the road, her arm linked through mine. "What did you think?"

"I think you enjoyed it way more than I did." I see her face fall in the darkness, so I quickly retract my words. "Not that I didn't enjoy it, it was great! But I think I was just feeling a bit ill, as I had a headache and stuff."

"Oh, that sucks. Well I thought it was amazing. They answered my question, they stared at us, we got to meet them. JO. WE GOT TO MEET ONE DIRECTION." She paused to regain her breath. "And I got a photo with Louis!"

I was confused. "Who's Louis?"

She stares at me (in what I hope was mock-horror). "Louis is the best one. Louis Tomlinson!"

"Yeah, but which one was he?"

"He was the one I was talking to, wearing the stripy shirt."

"Oh. Deckchair boy." I mumble to myself.

"What?"

"Nothing. So what were the others called?" I try to change the subject, as she'd probably not enjoy my nickname for her favourite guy.

"Well, there's Zayn Malik. He's the one with the black hair and brown eyes. He's so hot." Sarah stopped talking for a moment, probably imagining Zayn's hotness right there and then. I had to give her a little poke.

"Oh yeah. And then there's Niall Horan. He's the cute blonde one. He's Irish. Then there's Harry Styles, he's the one everyone's crazy about. I think it's those curls. They are to die for."

"What about the other one?"

"Which one? Oh right, Liam. Ooh, he's yummy isn't he. I forgot to take a photo with him though, to show off to the other girls."

I decide not to show her my photo just yet, she might get upset about it and stalk off on a jealous rant.

"How amazing would it be to date him? Apparently he's got a reeeeeeally nice body."

I roll my eyes. "Sarah, it's not all about the body you know. And don't be daft. They're all apparently 'famous' now. So would rather date more famous actresses of singers or someone. And I swear Liam already has a girlfriend."

Sarah turned to me with a smug face. "So you remember stuff Liam says, eh?"

I hit her playfully. "Shut up."

"I only have eyes for Louis anyway. He is so funny. He was telling me all these jokes. I think he likes me."

"Okay Sarah, okay."

She pouts. "You don't believe me."

"We'll see when it happens." I smile, shaking my head at her naïveness.

“It will happen, Jo.”

*******************************************

A/N:

Hello! So this is my new story, was a bit worried about uploading it but i have a good feeling about it as I am enjoying writing it:D Happy birthday to Harry for tomorrow:3 xoxox But yeah, if anyone likes it then comment and vote etc. I'll do the next one if 1/2 people comment/vote? Tell your friends!>:D Well this is pretty long and boring, sorry.

Song for this chapter will be: One Thing - One Direction

because it's been stuck in my head. 

OKAY BYE LOVE YOU ALL.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 100 20
One Direction was an up-and-coming band, and it was changing the lives of five boys who had nothing but big dreams. Louis and Harry not only found fo...
14.7K 428 66
Nina Tomlinson. Recognize the name? Well it's only because her brother is One Direction's oldest band member, Louis Tomlinson. You may be thinking no...
39.8K 1.2K 43
This is my story... I'm Kira and I'm 17 years old. I am just a girl from the US who moved to England in search for adventure, little did I know I wou...
8.9K 311 32
Been in love with your childhood friend for how many years already and still nothing happened between the two of you? The both of you like each other...