Minding My Own Business

By N_D_Luffy

#1 in introvert 2024 A girl who remains nonchalant to others because she just doesn't want to involve with ot... More

A new entry
Conditions
Party's target
Normal
Off guard
Useless camouflage
Surprise
Becky's substitute
A new mess
A Chance
Grace Noticed
Celebrations
Change
Enjoying
Knowing
Pain
Walking away
Fate's game
Update
SEQUEL

Misunderstanding

437 40 34
By N_D_Luffy

A new day has come and no school today.

Yippee!! no dealing with people .

I had hardly finished bathing and changing into casuals when my doorbell rang.

Looks like Celia has come.

I opened the door and got shocked.
It was Zac. He was very nicely dressed and I didn't want to admit it but I was charmed. He looked pissed though.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked him.

Wow! I can make eye contact with him. Maybe because I am used to his company.

"We are going on a date today and I have no plans to waste a single second, so get in my car, we are going somewhere" He ordered me.

"Excuse me, I am not even dressed, I have not done any chores also and wait let me ask Celia to help" I called Celia but before she could answer my phone, Zac snatched it and pocketed it in his jeans.

"Hey!! What's your problem? Stop ordering me and forcing your choices on me. I get it you are pissed, it's written all over your face but it's not my fault .." he interrupted me.
"just get in the car" he shouted.

I did what he told me to, not because I was scared but I was hurt the way he shouted at me. He sat in the car and didn't start it. He just glared straight ahead.

Finally, he unlocked my mobile. He was checking my cellphone completely. I kept watching him angrily and he looked up.

"Who is this Carl? why is your call log full of him? you act all shy in front of others and you have a secret boyfriend. Such a drama you are... "

I interrupted him "listen Mr. you know nothing, don't judge me like that.. "
"Oh I know Scarlett, even at night you thought it was him chatting with you."

What? How he knows about the night? It was him who texted me?

"So it was your number? you texted me last night?" I questioned him.

"Do you love this person named Carl? How long have you known each other?" he was investigating like anything.

You want answers? Fine.

"Yes I love Carl and I have known this person since childhood" I replied angrily.

He punched on his staring "Shit! Amelia was right. You are a slut."

"How dare you call me that.. " before I could complete my sentence, my phone rang. It was Carl.

Yep. She told me we will facetime today.

I snatched my cell and yelled at Zac "Just wait and watch, you jerk."

He was already fuming after knowing that Carl was calling. I picked up "Hi Carl! Good morning."

The moment aunt's face came on my screen Zac was shocked. He was looking at the screen like anything.

"Good morning my Emma, who's this boy with you? I must say you have got a Greek god as your boyfriend. He is so handsome" aunt said cheerfully.

"Carl! He isn't my boyfriend .." Zac interrupted me.

"Hello Carl, I am Zac loran, nice to meet you" he said putting on his charming smile.

"Sorry Zac but only Emma can call me Carl, you can address me as Carla" the moment aunt said that, Zac's face went pale. He came to know about his misunderstanding. He thought Carl was my boyfriend.

"Carl, I will talk to you later, take care, love you" I said that happily.

"Take care Emma, I will be waiting for your call and Zac take care of her" she winked and then hung up.

After the call, I opened the door of his car and went to my house. I was really angry, angry to the point of killing this jerk. I walked away fast.
When I was about to open the door of my house Zac held my hand.

Zac's viewpoint

Last night when I texted from my number, I thought I would tease her but when she addressed me as Carl, my whole mood dropped. I couldn't sleep.

So she has a boyfriend named Carl. But she acts so shy and always says she hates people in her life. How can she apply her stupid theory of keeping people away only to me. She is all head over heels for this Carl and even replied as "love you Carl". I need answers. This fake girl needs to be taught a lesson.

In the morning when I knocked at Emma's door, she was shocked. She looked really attractive and damn, her eyes made it hard for me to stay mad at her. But I acted like a total jerk. I yelled at her because somewhere I felt cheated. I wanted her to like me, only me. In my car when her aunt called and when my stupid
misunderstanding was cleared, I went blank.

Fuck! I messed up again. I hurt her and this time by calling her... Oh gosh! I said the words said by Amelia. What should I say.

She looked hurt. She was clearly trying to hold back her tears. After clearing my stupid doubts, she left the car and started walking towards her house but before she could open the door, I held her hands.

"Don't touch me" she yanked my hand away.

She doesn't let anyone touch her and I called her a slut. I am an idiot jumping to conclusions faster than the bullet train.

"Saying sorry wouldn't help I know but I am ashamed and repenting what I said, what I did" I meant my apology.

She turned away "You called me a slut, without knowing anything, you judged me, you yourself have a girlfriend and still forcing me to go on date, even if I had a boyfriend that doesn't mean I am a slut, you are sick."

Her those words broke me. I realized what a mess I have created. She was holding back her tears. Her voice was quivering. I felt like she's slipping away from my life just like sand slipping.

"Please let me.. " she interrupted me.

"You don't have to, we are done, please leave, bye" she went inside and closed the door of her house.

I was blank and I had no clue what to do.

Emma's viewpoint

I closed the door and straight away went to my bedroom. I had to let my tears out as I couldn't hold this sadness inside me. I cried for what felt like ages. After some hours, I felt fine.

It's so quiet. Seems like Zac went the moment I entered the house. Again I will walk out as if nothing happened, as if I never cried. I am too strong.

I have been sulking and when my stomach growled, then I realized I haven't eaten anything since morning. It was 3 pm. The weather had turned ominous. It was raining like cats and dogs. So unusual at this hour. I cooked rice and ate.

I was engrossed in watching furious five when my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Hello? Who's there?" I asked.

"Emma, it's me, Kyle, well Zac is missing, he's not picking up his phone and this weather is also so.. " I interrupted him.

"Where is he? He left early in the morning. He should be home by now. Wait, I will search for him, please let me know if you find him" I panicked.

How could this happen? Is he ok? Oh god! Where is he? Zac, I am sorry. I didn't know you were that sad. I have to look for him. That idiot can do anything.

"I will call you later Emma" Kyle hung up.

I put on my raincoat and took the umbrella. The moment I opened the door of my house, I was shocked. Zac was still standing at the same place where I left him in the morning. He was soaked to skin. He looked up and smiled.

He looks so sweet.

"I didn't know how to make you forgive me, I thought I will wait for you" he said that smiling sheepishly.
He was shivering.

He will die. Oh gosh! He is shivering like anything. What have I done?

"Zac get inside please" I requested him. Fortunately, he agreed. I hurriedly called Kyle.

"I need your clothes, hurry up, come at my place with some extra clothes" I said in a single breath.
"What? Oh my god! Are you.. " I interrupted him

"I am not a lesbian, Zac is with me, hurry up" I hung up saying that.

Zac was staring at me.
"Remove your clothes, at least ur shirt" I told him.

"Anything for you" he said smirking and sneezed.

You are impossible. Still flirting.

I touched his forehead .

"You are burning" I was really worried now.

"That's coz you are so hot" he winked still shivering.

"Stop flirting at this time at least" I said.

I started rubbing his palms. I made him lie down on my couch. He was dizzy so he was nicely obeying me. I brought a wet towel and placed it on his forehead.
After 20 minutes Kyle was there.

"Oh god! What's wrong with him" he asked looking at him
"He is burning with fever, please change his clothes" after saying that I left them.

I started preparing a soup for Zac. After I was done, I went to living room. Zac was changed into dry clothes.

"Thanks, Kyle" I said.

"He's my best friend, this is nothing, you look like you were crying for him" he replied.

I ignored him and sat beside Zac. He was lying on the couch with his eyes closed.

"I brought soup for you, please get up and eat like a good boy" I said politely.
He opened his eyes and looked at me.

You look like an innocent child.

He nodded and I fed him the soup.

"Zac, you are lucky, such a cute girl is looking after you" Kyle chuckled.

I just smiled at his comment. Kyle had already packed Zac's wet clothes in a bag which I gave him. He was also checking his temperature again and again. Friendship between boys is really great.

After eating soup Zac slept. I kept on switching sides of the towel on his forehead for whole night.

Kyle already left when Zac's fever subsided. He told me to call him anytime if I needed anything. He went to Zac's house to inform his parents. He thanked me and I did same.

Zac's viewpoint

I woke up. It took me some time to realize my condition. Then, all memories came back, me getting scolded by Emma, her tears, getting soaked in the rain, eating soup, sleeping, Kyle.

Wait! That means I am on Emma's couch.

I looked at my side. Emma was sleeping their peacefully with her head on edge of the couch while she was sitting on the floor.

Oh man! I can't understand her. She was angry at me and she took care of me and even slept on floor. Oh Emma, I am sorry. I don't think so I can let you go now.

She looked so pretty. I started touching her hair. I couldn't stop myself. I leaned in to kiss her forehead. When I was inches away, She flinched. She woke up.

You don't sleep deeply Emma. Why?

She didn't notice what I was about to do. She just touched my forehead.

"Finally, you have no fever, thank goodness" she heaved a sigh of relief.

"I am a strong man" I smirked.
And boom came a slap on my face.

"What the.. "

"Are you mad? Who told you to stand in the rain. You could have talked to me in school. I thought you went home.."

Stop caring.

"But you acted crazy.. "

Stop looking this cute.

"You have no idea how much everyone was worried.. "

That's it, I couldn't stop myself. I hugged her. I felt like I conquered the world. She was so delicate and warm. I had no idea what I was doing. I had never felt like this before and I couldn't hold back.

"I thought you would be hurt because of me. I would be the reason to hurt you" she said those words near my ear. She was crying.

"Shhh, you have got it all wrong ,you are the reason I am fit and healthy now" I said.

You are so different. I assumed wrong about you. I want to stay like this. Wait! What am I saying? I am going nuts.

Before I could say anything more, She pulled back. Her face showed awkwardness. I wouldn't blame her as a lot of stuff happened yesterday and she took care of me for one full night.

"So.. can we be friends at least?" I broke the ice.

She looked down. She was thinking really hard about what to say.

"No complaints, no demands, only my cuteness" I said.
She smiled and said "yes"

"Thanks, I knew you couldn't stay away from me" I winked.

She picked up my stuff and handed me "Time to leave now, strong man."

I chuckled and took the stuff.

She walked me to the door "bye bye, my new friend" she said.

"See you soon, never say goodbye" I replied. She smiled again.

Your smile is awesome. It's like social service. Your smile can reduce tensions of the world.

I couldn't help pulling her in and kissing her forehead. She was shocked  and so was I.

I was brought out of my thoughts, when she closed the door. I felt really blessed to have caught fever. I got Emma as my friend and it's worth it.
Now, I was excited how my life will change. Though she already changed it the very first day we met.

......
Please vote my amazing readers. 😊
Please tell me how you feel about this chapter?
Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771 187 33
Freshman year couldn't come quick enough for Lydia Dunnark. I mean, she'll miss her mom more than anything but it's been her dream to get out of her...
89.1K 4.5K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
2.5M 104K 52
"You look good wearing my last name." My jaw slacks open and the bell rings then, him smiling a lopsided grin before grabbing his bag and strutting o...
5.1K 162 17
"How was that for a kiss?" She asked while biting her lips and admiring him. "Yeah." He slurred. "I mean good. It was great." His hands were placed...