Arranged To Him #Wattys2017

By bunniesinablanket

My parents arranged my marriage to him when I was four and he was six. I grew up thinking that I didn't want... More

Two
Three
A/N: Ladies in Waiting
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty: Part One
Twenty: Part Two
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four: Part One
Twenty Four: Part Two
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Bonus Chapter (Q&A)
Thirty Five
Thirty Six*
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight*
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four: Part One
Forty Four: Part Two
Forty Five
Forty Six
New Book!
Married to Him 2.0
New Profile!
New Book

One

50.3K 885 967
By bunniesinablanket

~Eliana~

"I can't believe they're making me do this," I huffed, sitting down on my bed, "I mean, I should have the right to choose who I am married to."

"M'lady, unfortunately it isn't how things are run in kingdoms like these. Princesses never have a say in marriages, you know that," Clary, my best friend and lady in waiting said. I groaned and moved to help her pack my luggage.

"It's so unfair, I've done everything they've desired throughout my life and now they won't even let me make this decision. I mean, I understand that it's been set since my childhood, but things change!" I grumbled, putting one of my nightgowns into a trunk on my bed.

"It's just how it is, El," she sighed, "and who knows, you might even end up liking this prince." I snorted as I sat down on the bed.

"Please," I scoffed, "there isn't a single boy in this kingdom that has managed to capture my attention up until now...how should he be any different?"

"Because this is Prince Harry Styles? He's been raised in royalty so he's obviously going to be kind to some extent," Clary reasoned.

I sighed and lied down on my bed, travelling into my own world of thoughts as Clary fussed about my bedroom. I, Eliana Grace Jefferson, was fixed to marry - at age eighteen, mind you - to a twenty year old man whom I have never seen nor met. The only piece of information I was given about this mysterious person was that his name was Harry Styles. That's it; not even a portrait of his face to show me what he looks like. This whole marriage was a plan to expand my father's kingdom anyways, and combine dominion or something like that.

"I bet you, he's a complete loon." I scoffed. Clary laughed.

"Don't hate him. For all you know, the poor man could be completely nervous to meet you," Clary said. I rolled my eyes.

"I can hate him and I will," I pouted like a child; I knew this was highly immature of me but I couldn't help it! Because of this marriage I would have to leave the only place I knew as home.

"All I'm saying is to just give him a chance," Clary suggests. I sigh.

"Fine," I muttered, "but I need you with me. Can't you come with me?"

"Your mother has told you that you'll be getting new ladies at the new palace," she sighed, finishing the last of my clothes, "so I doubt I'll be much use."

I scoffed and lightly smacked her arm, "you're my best friend. I need you there."

She shrugged, "ask the Queen."

I remained in my position, staring up at the ceiling. It was a comfortable silence between us until I jolted up and ran for the door. I raced down the hall, not bothering to explain to Clary my reason for my sudden departure, and I ran down the tiled floors. I tried to be careful so as to not bump into anything or trip in my heels. I found my parents chamber with ease and barged in, armed with a fully prepared debate on why I should be permitted to have Clary come with me, only to be greeted by Bruno. He glanced up at the door and smiled warmly when he noticed me.

"Bruno!" I cheered, running over to him. I embraced him tightly. He was a fairly old man, only about forty-five years of age, however, his smile never made him seem any older as opposed to younger. He had dark brown hair, with a couple of white strands. He was always like a second father to me and I cherished his presence in the palace immensely. In fact, all of our servants were treated like family. This was after my mother married my father mind you, as she didn't understand the purpose of having people do things that you were completely capable of. Truth be told, I didn't see any reason to it either.

"My dear," he laughed, rubbing my back gently, "what can I do for you?"

"Have you seen Mama?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. His kind brown eyes twinkling with happiness just like they always have.

"They're out in the courtyard," he replied. I smiled and gave him another quick hug.

"I wish all of you could come with me," I sighed.

"I do too, princess," he said, smiling lightly as he finished folding up some clothes and sheets.

"I shall ask Mama," I proposed, stepping away from him to leave the room.

"Ask her what?" he asked, glancing at me.

"If you and Clary can accompany me to the palace. I will have my parents there, but I feel that with you two there as well, I'll be able to marry a bit more willingly," I smiled. I watched as Bruno's cheeks flushed and he gave me a full smile. He was truly adorable, almost like a grandparent in my eyes. His height reached no more than 4ft 8in. and his black hair had a few pieces of white in it from all the hard work he put into his days at the castle.

"Princess, I don't -"

"Nonsense! I won't hear it. You are coming with me to the palace or he is coming here. I am stubborn, you know that." I shouted as I ran out of the room, down the hall. As I ran, I made sure to take a good look at the castle halls. I couldn't stop the smile that was on my face as memories of my childhood flashed in my mind. Almost every room had a memory. I remembered them all. I was obviously completely distraught to be leaving my home; especially to go live with people who I have yet to meet for the first time.

I burst through the back doors where my parents were. My father seemed to be deep in conversation with my mother. I caught my breath, trying to get as much as I could as my corset made it very difficult to breathe.

"Mama! Papa!" I hollered as I made my way to my parents. They turned towards me with big smiles.

"Yes, darling" my mom replied.

"I would like to make a suggestion. Now, I am eighteen years of age -" I was interrupted.

"We know honey. You ran down the halls shouting it out to almost everyone who passed you by," father laughed.

"Yeah well," I muttered, clearing my throat, "I'd like to point out that I have been very respectful and have done everything you've asked. I've even agreed to marry a man whom I've never heard of or met."

"What are you saying dear," Mama asked. I took a deep breath.

"Canbrunoandclarycomewithmetothenewpalace?" I rushed. Opening my eyes, I looked back at them to find them giving me blank looks.

"Pardon?" my father simply said. I sighed and relaxed myself.

"Can Bruno and Clary come to live with me at the palace? I know this rarely happens and I realize that I'll be given a new staff upon my arrival at the new palace but it would be nice if I had two of my closest companions with me." I finished. They glanced at each other before turning back to me.

"Well, I don't know. As you said yourself, honey, princesses don't normally take their servants with them," my father explained, clasping his hands behind his back.

"I know but," I paused, "can't we make an exception? I mean for God's sake, Papa! We treat our entire staff as we would our family. I don't know about you but that's not really following 'tradition'."

Mama raised an eyebrow as if to say, "she's got a point", but Papa didn't seem too keen. I sighed again.

"What if it was just until the wedding? Just until I get adjusted to my new lifestyle." I offered. He seemed to consider this.

"Well, I don't see a problem with it but darling," Mama said, "your Papa and I will be staying with you until the wedding, isn't that enough?"

My mouth opened to speak but the voice of my Papa beat me to it.

"Honey," Papa, said, looking at my mama, "when have we alone been enough for this one? We're talking about the same girl who asked to invite almost half of the village to her seventeenth birthday festivities."

I giggled as Mama rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"So, can I," I ask. Papa sighed.

"I don't see why not," he answered. I squealed happily and pounced on my parents, giving them both massive hugs. I raced down the halls, laughing as my skirts flowed behind me, and entered my parents' chambers where Bruno was still cleaning. He lifted his head and looked at me with a questioning stare.

"Mama and Papa say you are free to join us," I cheered. He smiled and I squealed before running over to him, engulfing him in a hug. He laughed heartily and I let him go as I turned around and raced back to my chambers. I barged through the doors and found Clary finishing up the last of my bags. Her head shot up and she offered me a puzzled look.

"Pack your bags," I panted, causing her to grin, "we're going to the castle."

Harry's POV

I walked out of the closet, quickly checking both ways before readjusting my shirt. Smirking, I turned back around as Camilla, or whatever her name was, walked out into the halls as well.

"That was fun," she winked. I winked back and smirked at her before turning and making my way down the hallway. I worked on fixing myself up so I would be a tad bit presentable to my mother who, apparently, wished to see me to discuss my upcoming marriage.

"Until next time then," Cindy, or Clara, or whatever her name is, said. I rolled my eyes, not even feeling a single ounce of guilt. Everything involving love for a woman was erased from my mind after her. She ripped my heart out mercilessly and as if that wasn't enough, she's still in the palace, carrying out her god damn obligations as the lady-in-waiting to the princess with whom I was to be married.

As if a ring could make me commit. Now, I know it was all "for the good of my kingdom," and whatnot, but I didn't even know who the girl was. She could be a stone cold bitch for all I knew.

or the best thing that could happen to you, you never know.

I sighed. I was screwed; I knew that much. All my friends told me everyday. Louis, one of my best mates, would taunt me, telling me about how I was probably going to be marrying a fake bimbo with rich parents. It wouldn't be the first time a proposal as such was brought to my family. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Things rarely happened in my favor when it came to my life decisions. Sad; I know. But..that's how life was as a prince. I had known since I was younger that I wouldn't be able to choose my wife, rather, one would be chosen for me. It was because of that, that I objectified myself to having fun and hooking up every now and then. And then she came to the castle.

Valerie Richards.

She came to the castle when I was nineteen. She was beautiful - and still is, unfortunately. I remember immediately taking a liking to her. I pursued her for weeks, eventually befriending her and taking her out to eat in secret a couple times. And three months later, I gave myself to her, completely. It was my first time and honestly, I had never felt more special and cherished. She had brown hair, blue eyes and was average height, reaching about my shoulders. But you know what they say:

Looks can be deceiving.

We were together for a year in secret before I decided to tell her that I had fallen head over heels for her. I remember that day; I had gone out to the rose fields myself to pick a bouquet of roses for her. Those were her favorites. I was filled with happiness. I was going to talk to my father too, about the possibility of being wed to her. That's how sure of us I was. I knew that by going through with a marriage to Valerie, that would mean that I give up my right to the throne but at that point, I didn't care.

Once I had the bouquet ready, I all but ran upstairs to her quarters. I asked around for her, fully aware that at the time, she could've been anywhere. A maid working in the quarters said she saw her heading up to the chambers upstairs with another servant. I smiled at the thought of her waiting upstairs for my arrival. My princess.

So I raced upstairs and walked around the chambers, bouquet in hand and speech ready. I heard voices behind one of the doors and I took in a deep breath. I was about to go in until I heard movements and noises inside.

"Oh..." a voice said. I furrowed my eyebrows. It was Valerie's voice for sure...but it sounded....pleasured? I pushed open the door to find her in bed, naked, with Theodore, our stable boy. 

Their "moment of bliss" was interrupted upon my arrival as both their heads snapped up in my direction. My eyes filled with tears and my grip on the bouquet tightened so much so that I almost broke some of the stems. I clenched my jaw and instantly took a step back when Valerie, covered with the sheets, came up to me.

"Get out," I said, closing my eyes. I opened them and through my cloudy vision, I could see that she had no regret about this at all.

"Harry-"

Get out! Get the hell out! I never want to see you anywhere near me, do you understand, Richards?" I seethed, anger literally flowing out of me now. She nodded and gathered her clothes before running into the bathroom with Theodore. They came out minutes later dressed and left my room without a word spoken. Once the door closed, I cried.

I cried because I was betrayed, used and hurt. After about what seemed like eons, I turned around and looked to the bed.

I'm burning those sheets.

That was then. This is now and now I do what I want...and who I want. I made my way into our formal dining room where my parents and my sister, Gemma were seated and eating. I took my seat and sat down beside my sister.

"Harry," mum greeted, smiling at me. I smiled back and nodded before turning to fiddle with my fingers.

"Are you ready to meet the princess today, son?" Dad asked, looking at me expectantly. I shrugged.

"I guess, I mean," I replied, "I'm going to have to marry her regardless right?"

"We're only doing this because you're of age now and have been for two years. It's about time you found yourself a nice girl to settle down with - and stop sleeping around," mother answered. She knew about my habits. Hell, the entire castle did I'm sure. That didn't mean I was going to start caring about it. I enjoyed the freedom. Every single time I was spotted with someone, though, everyone else would immediately think I was in a relationship, which wasn't the case at all. I just liked to be free.

"Mum," I said, "I am the way I am, okay?"

She scoffed and wiped her mouth with the napkin. I smirked and reached for the cup of water, taking it into my hands and taking very slow, long sips.

"That doesn't matter. You are to marry this girl and you will be nice to her. She hails from a very good family Harry; I will not have you hurting this girl. Be nice, and give this a chance. You may even end up liking her, or maybe fall in love with her?" my mother suggested. I snorted a mouthful of water and it spewed over the table in front of me. Coughing, I cleaned up the mess as Gemma sat to my right, laughing.

"What? It's funny." she laughed. I gave her an evil and playful look and turned back to my mother, still coughing.

"Love is not for me, mum. You know what happened last time." I simply stated.

"Yes but Harry, this girl is different." she continued to speak.

"no mum." I replied. Anger was rising within me at the memory of what Valerie did. One more word and I might've even killed someone.

"But-"

"No!" I shouted, standing up from the table, slamming my fists on the table. My chest was heaving from anger and I closed my eyes and took a few breaths to calm myself. The entire table had quieted down; the sound of cutlery and chewing coming to an end.

"Mum, I won't fall in love." I said again, opening my eyes to focus on my mom. She looked down and nodded, solemnly.

"Just give her a chance. Give yourself a chance. You are to spend your life with this girl, and you will do so with respect. And open yourself to the possibility of love," she pleaded. I opened my mouth to protest - yet again - but she put her hand up to stop me.

"Love doesn't always have to happen once, child. You are capable of loving again, I can see it when I look at you, my darling boy. Just promise me, you'll at least try to open yourself up to the possibility of love. I don't want to see you lonely despite being married." she reasoned. I clenched my jaw and looked to the ground. She knew I couldn't say no to her.

My mother was my everything. She cared for me when Valerie tore my heart to shreds. She gave me advice and gave me companionship like any mother and - most importantly - best friend would do. I owed her that much to try...or at least..say I would.

"Fine," I said. I didn't put as much hope into my words as I saw her do. I meant what I told her. Love isn't for me anymore. I had my chance, it ended horribly.

"What's her name," I asked, before turning to leave the dining room. I made my way to the door and opened it, pausing to listen to an answer.

"Eliana. Eliana Grace Jefferson." my mother said. I nodded and exited the dining hall. She sounded like a nice girl. Eliana. It's a nice name...so the girl is bound to be nice, right? But then again...Valerie is also a nice name...yeah, never mind. I sighed as I walked down the halls of my castle. The possibility of love made me want to throw up, but also it did get me a little bit excited. What if I did fall for this girl? What if love was open for me? Oh boy.

This may or may not be disastrous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really suck at updating. I'm trying to get my marks up in school so...yeah. hehe. But that's chapter 1!!

Feel free to leave comments below and like it, cause it helps me out haha.

I love you all.xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896 177 29
~Unedited~ -Book 1 in texting 1D series- Wrong number? Yes. Do I Regret it? No. Does He? No. What's His Name? Find out Updates are every Monday and...
18.1K 847 20
London, England - 1820 Princess Darya's sad and troubled childhood forced her into a dangerous situation. Escaping to London, she hoped her guardian...
5.8K 274 21
"I'm supposed to be planning your wedding, Harry." She protested, avoiding my eyes. I smirked down at her. "Baby, the only thing you need to do for...
6.4K 97 38
It's finally happened Harry and Louis are getting married. Will everything go as planned or will something get in the way of their happiness? **I mad...