My Southern Belle

By MariJiraM

Chloe Ellison 25 and is a second grade teacher from Texas. When she's not teaching her students 4×4, she ridi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Authors Note
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Quick Authors Note
NEW BOOK!!!
AUTHORS NOTE ‼️‼️

71

31.8K 1.1K 98
By MariJiraM

(Val's POV)

Yesterday was the day my family went back home. I'm going to miss them but it will be great to have a somewhat empty house. Of course we will still have Carter and the twins but its always quiet until someone is crying or Carter touches something.

"Baby, have you seen my lesson plans?" Chloe asked. It was almost time for school to come back and she was freaking out like she did every week during the school year

"Chloe, calm down."

"I can't. I have a lot of work to do."

"Well if you slow down, you'll see that you're holding then in your hand." She looked at the papers in her hand and just sat down on the bed.

"I'm losing my mind." I just smiled at her. She was indeed losing her mind but it was okay. Its my job to make sure she's finds it. I laid down and pulled her down with me so she can lay on me.

"Just calm down. I know you have a lot of work to do but, stressing yourself out isn't going to help. You're running off of 3 hours of sleep and no breakfast. You need to eat and take a nap."

"No. I need to find a way to help Ophelia read on her grade level and I have to find math problems and little projects for them to do for science ."

"I don't remember who Ophelia is but I'm pretty sure you can help her once you see her and you can test your problems and projects on Carter. I mean, he is in your class."

"No. That's pre-exposure to the lessons. Its not fair to the other kids."

"Well, you can come up with something later. How about I fix you something to eat and then you can take a nap?"

"Are you sure? The twins are teething and have been fussy lately and Carter, well you have him anyway."

"Yes I'm sure. Now what do you want to eat?"

"I dont know. Maybe a piece of last nights lasagna."

"Are you sure? I dont want to go downstairs, put it in the microwave, and bring it back up here just for you to say you don't want it."

"Val that happened once and yes I'm sure."

"Okay, I'll be back." I kissed her on the forehead and took her papers and put them on the top shelf of our closet where I knew she couldn't reach it

"That's not fair."

"I told you to relax and for the 5 minutes it would take for me to come back you'll be looking at those papers and giving yourself a migraine." I walked out and made my way down the hallway. I stopped at Carters room to see what he was up to since he couldn't do much considering his punishment.

"Hey kiddo, what are you up to?" I walked in on me laying on his bed flat on his back and staring at the ceiling.

"Trying to move the fan with my mind."

"Uh okay. Well, good luck on that. I'll be back later to see how far you've gotten." I walked away and made my way downstairs. I kind of felt bad for him. He couldn't go outside and couldn't watch TV so he was stuck in his room slowly losing his mind too. His punishment was only for a week and today is is last day. A couple days were added because my family was here and we couldn't just let him not be apart of family stuff.

When I came back with Chloe's food I found her trying to reach her papers. I couldn't help but laugh a little. My fiancé was really determined and really short

"I don't find anything funny." She said

"Sweetheart sit down. We both know you're not getting up there. Here, eat so you can go to sleep."

"Thank you." She said taking the plate and sitting on our bed

"You're welcome. By the way, our oldest son is in there trying to move objects with his mind."

"Well today is his last day. Do you think he'll do something else after this.'

"Definitely. Kids don't learn. You should know you're a teacher. How many times have you taken away recess or someone couldn't join the class party multiple times?"

"Alot. Were you a good kid in school?'

"Nope. I was a little devil in school. My mom always got calls from my teachers. I started to calm down in high school. By my 10th grade year I didn't talk to anybody except Olivia. She's was the first friend I had when I got into high school. Then came Dana." I stopped there. I knew if I kept going I would be a rambling mess and didn't want to visit that dark place. I'll always have A place in my heart for Dana. She was my first love. However, my whole heart belongs to Chloe.

"Well, I was an angel in school. A bit of a nerd though." She tried to lighen the mood and I didn't fight it.

"So you were a teachers pet?"

"Yup. Made high honor roll and was valedictorian in high school."

"You sound like Vinnie. You should see all the academic awards he has. Is that a teacher thing?"

"I'm not sure. I now I could never teacher high school seniors. You have to be emotionally and physically strong for that and I'm neither of those."

We both laughed and I took her now empty plate and put it in the sink.

"Okay now is the time where you go to sleep."

"Now?" She asked in shock as if we didn't have this discussion earlier

"Yes. Now." She wouldn't sit down so I picked her up and laid her down on the bed and attempted to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

"Uuh downstairs or is that the wrong answer?"

"Yeah wrong answer. You want me to sleep so you're laying with me." I sighed and walked back to the bed and laid next to her. I knew that she was just fighting her sleep and in 5 minutes she would be knocked out and I would just leave.

"Don't think about leaving when I'm sleep." Never mind, I'm not leaving.

(Chloe's POV)

To my surprise when I woke up Val was still there. I raised my head to look at the clock and it was almost 5 which meant I slept for 6 hours.

"Hey sleepyhead." Val said as she ran he fingers through my hair

"Why did you let me sleep this long?"

"Because if you didn't need it, you would have waken up earlier."

"And you stayed here for that long."

"No. I moved a couple times. You sleep really heavy." I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"Moms, somebody's at the door!" Carter yelled from downstairs.

"I'll get it." Val said

"No. Sit down." I pushed her and walked downstairs. When I opened the door it was Margo. I should of let Val open the door.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to Dexter." I looked at her for awhile and if it weren't for Val coming down those stairs, I would have definitely closed the door in her face.

"I'll take it from here." Val said standing behind me. She took me by the waist and moved me out of the way so they could talk outside. 97% of me wanted to stand there and listen but I didn't I went upstairs to check on the twins. They were up and playing in their cribs. They hated to be spereated now. They always wanted to be with each other but they also bugged each other.

"Mama, can I read the babies a new book. I got this one for Christmas." Carter asked walking in the nursery

"Sure why not? When your done, I need you to clean your room. It looks a mess."

"Okay okay. Since its January and its Leah's birthday next week can you take me to get her a present."

"That was the only reason why you came in here wasn't it?"

"Kind of."

"Yes I'll take you. Is she having a party?"

"I don't know. I spoken to her in like a week." He made a face which said it was our fault because we put him on punishment

"Okay, we'll call her parents."

"Okay, I guess I'll go clean my room now." He turned around and walked out.

After I finished changing the twins, I noticed Val was still outside talking to Margo. I was starting to get upset but I kept telling myself its not that serious. Whatever they were talking about Val was going to tell me. Well when she walked back in the house she walked right past me. Almost an hour of talking outside and she walked in like nothing happened. She came back downstairs into the kitchen, grabbed a piece of cake and sat at the table and I just couldn't take it anymore

"What was that about?" I asked a little too demanding

"What? Me and Margo?"

"No, you and Margo." She gave me a look

"It wasn't anything important."

"Really? Conversations about nothing with your former boss don't last almost an hour Val."

"Don't do this."

"Do what?"

"Go on and on about something that really isn't important. I promise if it was something important I would tell you."

"So why can't I know?"

"Fine, she was just telling me that some files were missing and asked if I would know anything about it."

"That's it?"

"Sweetheart, I swear that's it. Why are you so upset about this?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I know she has a thing for you." She got up and walked up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist

"To be fair, a lot of people have a thing for me. But as long as I want you, you don't need to worry about who wants me."

"What if, in like 10 years, you decided you're tired of me?"

"I'm willing to bet my life that 50 years from now, when the boys are grown and Carter marries Leah and they have like 20 kids and a bunch of pets, and the twins have twins of their own, I will still look at you the same way I looked at you that day I came to the school for career day."

I grabbed her face and kissed her. How could anyone stay mad at her?

Hey wonderful people, this chapter was more of a short filler. I know for a fact that I'll be busy so instead of making you wait for a long time I just made a quick chapter.

Hope you enjoy

-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 29 28
Chloe Johnson, 24 years old, has always loved the idea of true love. That all changed when her boyfriend, Ethan, broke up a six year relationship for...
32.7K 1.3K 25
Tori Brooks made the big decision to enlist in the U.S. Army at the age of 17. Just graduating from high school, she had no idea what she was gettin...
1.7M 49.8K 120
~ girlxgirl ~ studentxprincipal ~ studentxteacher ~ womanxwoman ~ ****Mature Content, Strong Language, Sexual Content**** Love. Love can be a forbidd...
115K 3.1K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...